Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'm pretty dang skeptical about this. Seems like a lot to bite off on top of Wasteland 2, and Monte Cook isn't a big draw for me either. I guess the setting could be interesting if it's playing up a "Book of the New Sun"/"Dying Earth" vibe. Planescape just never struck me as one of those games that needed a sequel of any kind, and positioning this as a spiritual successor seems more likely to be about canny marketing than anything else.

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Basic Chunnel posted:

I wouldn't really call Numenara a "cool setting", definitely not compared to Planescape. Personally I find the sci-fi elements to be tacky and the art style as shown to be incredibly ugly. But different strokes, etc

Monte Cook's Numenera, presented to you by Monte Cook, is Monte Cook's cargo-cult stone soup of tropes from Gene Wolfe and Jack Vance conceived without any understanding of their appeal or mystery, slapped on top of a half-assed pseudo story-game with broken mechanics. That said, I am cautiously optimistic about this game.

• Locked thread