Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Figure I'll ask here again: I just pledged for this, at the level that gets me Torment and Wasteland 2. Anyone have an idea of how long it'll take them to process the pledge? I'd like to get into Wasteland 2 this weekend :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't figure out how to do combat. I got to the first combat scene in the current beta with the scavengers or whatever they are, and I can't seem to get any of my party members to actually do anything. I can make them move around a little, but aside from the first attack angry tattoo guy got off, clicking on enemies straight up doesn't do anything. I ended my turns, tried different stuff, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
during the sorrow fight my attacks actually worked, only afterwards everything broke and i could no longer attack. also the game could really be better at communicating how far you can run and attack, or how the fight system actually works. do you have a set number of actions? can you attack anything you can reach in a turn? what determines how far you can run? can you attack and THEN move? etc.

edit: also at least once during a skill check i was mousing over the effort points to see how the percentage changed and despite not pressing my mouse button the game decided to activate one of the options.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Urthor posted:

20-25%

I would normally say wait for reviews before purchase before every game, but the writing in TTON is so sublime I don't see how this game could fail. The vertical slice is just superbly written. If you want to buy the early access version and just play the vertical slice so you can have the awesome experience of replaying it on February 29th it's honestly not bad value.

Have they fixed the fighting? Back when the closed beta started that was broken as all hell.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Airfoil posted:

Well... it's better than it was.

I don't like the combat much, but fighting is a relatively limited so I don't think it's going to kill the game for me.

What do you dislike about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh god rothfuss wrote something for this? :chloe:

• Locked thread