Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Christoph posted:

I want to operate my television with my phone. There's no universe where I would actually buy one of those things that reminds me where my remotes are (I think those exist? I know they do for keys), but I can just tell someone to call my phone. Then I can use it to turn on my TV AND change channels. Maybe Netflix or that stuff, too, who knows.

Plus I could change the channel from 2000 miles away to gently caress with my roommates.

Samsung have had this capability on their Smart TV's for quite some time now (Since 2011 at the latest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I've always wanted to develop a skin-safe Teflon coating for scrotal application. Even at 95°F and 80% humidity, there wouldn't be any problem with your balls sticking to your legs.
Not permanent but baby powder or gold bond will do the trick for a day if you powder up after a shower.

DO NOT USE EXTRA STRENGTH GOLD BOND unless you like the sensation of a forest fire in your crotch.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Oh please you big baby, it's hardly a forest fire. It's more like somebody broke apart a menthol cigarette across your junk and then lit it with a torch lighter. :rolleyes:

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

SlimWhiskey posted:

Let's say that a movie company needs 10,000 snakes. Your daughter asks for 500 kittens for her birthday party. You're starting a ranch and need a couple dozen horses. Where do you go?
My new business, Bulk Animals. Small animals by the pound, larger animals by the crate. For 300 bucks I will deliver a dump truck full of mostly alive dogs to your house.

With concerns to the 'alive or mostly alive' issue by Mr. Woodchuck, I actually have have an idea regarding that, as well as how you're gonna store all these pets. You are aware of Sea-Monkeys™, and how they are sold in packages right? Thanks to my years of experience in the genetic engineering industry, I have come up with a way which pets, like cats and dogs, can be birthed from eggs similar to how Sea-Monkeys™ are formed. That way, you won't have to worry whether these pets might be alive or not, for you can just put them in a fish tank, and watch them grow! Not only that, but they are also easily storable, so you won't have to worry about how you're gonna store your animals in bulk.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Oh please you big baby, it's hardly a forest fire. It's more like somebody broke apart a menthol cigarette across your junk and then lit it with a torch lighter. :rolleyes:

Vicks-brand aftermarket menthol conversion kit for the trendy urban male junkmodding crowd. 'LOSE THE FUNK THAT'S KEEPING YOUR JUNK OUTTA THEIR TRUNKTM'

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

razz posted:

Also my roommate wants to make a mini desktop sized wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.

That is loving genius.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Grab a computer tower fan and go custom make the plastic part of it, you could make one roughly a foot tall easily

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
How about a bag of Skittles where they are all red.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Condoms that change colors if they detect an STD. I think I stole this from Facebook.

What's the plan with these? Put them on your finger and swab her vagina before putting the condom (which is unsafe, at this point) on and loving her, if it stays the same color?

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!

cname posted:

What's the plan with these? Put them on your finger and swab her vagina before putting the condom (which is unsafe, at this point) on and loving her, if it stays the same color?

Or, if you're female, provide condom to male and if the condom changes color, make your now-educated decision.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I've asked a question at the small questions megathread a while back, but since it apparently doesn't exist, I guess I've unintentionally created a new business model.

It's a store where you can pay an hourly fee to go bang around on a bunch of musical instruments you would never otherwise have the opportunity to even touch. Explore the entire range of a full on orchestra without needing to rent an instrument for a month or become a music teacher at a college. Bang on some timpanis, shred on a contrabass, or jam on a harp!

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I've asked a question at the small questions megathread a while back, but since it apparently doesn't exist, I guess I've unintentionally created a new business model.

It's a store where you can pay an hourly fee to go bang around on a bunch of musical instruments you would never otherwise have the opportunity to even touch. Explore the entire range of a full on orchestra without needing to rent an instrument for a month or become a music teacher at a college. Bang on some timpanis, shred on a contrabass, or jam on a harp!

Man that would be sweet, need a place with many soundproof rooms though.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

There was a place like this in Santa Cruz. But it was mostly drums, free, and went out of business.

Gun Metal Grey
Jul 30, 2006

Inspired by true events on movie screens.
An app where you can "call it" before all of your friends. Hear a catchy new song from your favorite moderately obscure band, read a book that just blew your mind, or maybe you just caught the pilot of Fox's newest dramady and can't stop raving?

Just log into the app and pick your type of media, then enter the appropriate information and hit "Call It", essentially recording the time and place you were when you destined that media for greatness, just make sure you do it before all you friends for the most street cred.

It'd work on a follwer/follwing basis like most other attention whore apps, and seems like the perfect hipster accessory; i.e. digital proof that you "totally [were] listening to them before they got famous and sold out".

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
And for an extra fee you can "call" something retroactively :twisted:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yoshi Jjang posted:

This, but replace "musical instruments" with "musicians" and assume that the posters who commented afterwards read it that way too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
An iPhone case designed to prevent brain-cancer-causing radiation from excess phone usage.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

An iPhone case designed to prevent brain-cancer-causing radiation from excess phone usage.

Oh god please let me live to see soccer moms carrying iPhones in five pound lead cases.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Umbilical Lotus posted:

Or, if you're female, provide condom to male and if the condom changes color, make your now-educated decision.

Ohh, ok, I get it!

"That's OK! I have my own condom!"
"No no, I insist. Take this one."
*I wonder what she did to it.*
*I wonder if he knows.*

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

How about scrabble but with curses? Like you could play "farts" or "boobs" or whatever.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Not quite the same, but some places now sell crappy handset attachments for iPhones for that very reason. Ashen did a video about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asox-lFWPhQ

Edit for content: Ever seen those automatic soap dispensers? Why not have automatic condiment dispensers. Just swipe a hotdog or burger under it's spout and you're good to go! No risk of putting too much on!

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Mar 7, 2013

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

isnt that right posted:

How about scrabble but with curses? Like you could play "farts" or "boobs" or whatever.

So, like every game of Scrabble ever played?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
A Grand Theft Auto "ARG-lite" that involves characters from the game calling you on your (IRL!) cell phone. You can choose to ignore them or answer them and then hang up on them when they start soliciting you for rides and friendship.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
A helmet catered towards gamers that feeds you as you play because you're too lazy to do it yourself. It would also come with build in rumble and... wait, what? It already exists? :suicide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LdWEVoy4zc

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Traffic jam food truck!

By day a regular food truck that operates in front of a college or whatever, but when the clock strikes 4pm they hit the road, head for the highway and start serving out tinfoil wrapped sandwiches to people stuck in rush hour traffic.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

alcoholic television

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

the culminator posted:

Traffic jam food truck!

By day a regular food truck that operates in front of a college or whatever, but when the clock strikes 4pm they hit the road, head for the highway and start serving out tinfoil wrapped sandwiches to people stuck in rush hour traffic.

This is too much of a paradox to work.

edit: after some thought, it COULD work, but I think a bike would be more effective.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A Grand Theft Auto "ARG-lite" that involves characters from the game calling you on your (IRL!) cell phone. You can choose to ignore them or answer them and then hang up on them when they start soliciting you for rides and friendship.

There was a Hitman ARG like this years ago where you signed up online and the guy from the Hitman game would call your cell and give you 'missions'. It was pretty weird when I forgot that I signed up and got the first call one day while driving home from college :stare:

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Gun Metal Grey posted:

An app where you can "call it" before all of your friends. Hear a catchy new song from your favorite moderately obscure band, read a book that just blew your mind, or maybe you just caught the pilot of Fox's newest dramady and can't stop raving?

Just log into the app and pick your type of media, then enter the appropriate information and hit "Call It", essentially recording the time and place you were when you destined that media for greatness, just make sure you do it before all you friends for the most street cred.

It'd work on a follwer/follwing basis like most other attention whore apps, and seems like the perfect hipster accessory; i.e. digital proof that you "totally [were] listening to them before they got famous and sold out".

I could totally see this. You could calculate a score for each "call" based on how many other people call it after you and how quick your call was. A late or wrong (unpopular) call would make you lose points so you can't just go calling everything.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here are my big ideas that aren't a joke. You're welcome.

Squeeze bottle sour cream. Perfect for taco/nacho/baked potato creation. You know god damned well that that poo poo isn't sliding off your spoon to evenly distribute onto that taco :(

NFL Combine for normal (fat) people. I would gladly pay $20 to go to my local YMCA and do the various NFL combine drill things for an afternoon. I'd like to know my 40 time and vertical leap specifically. Maybe even set up a mock-draft/ranking system or something. Just a fun thing for moderately out of shape fotoball fans to do.

This one probably exists - a feature for VNC or the like that allows users to click a button to put themselves in a "I need help" queue. That way I don't need to track down their god drat computer name through active directory or browsing the network computers (or both). To make it extra fancy it could integrate with your voip system to auto-dial their extension when you "pick up" their help request. I don't often do helpdesk stuff, but when I do I'm really pissed that it takes the longest just to track down their loving computer name.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

dreesemonkey posted:

Here are my big ideas that aren't a joke. You're welcome.

Squeeze bottle sour cream. Perfect for taco/nacho/baked potato creation. You know god damned well that that poo poo isn't sliding off your spoon to evenly distribute onto that taco :(

This is available! At least, it is in England :britain:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bad Roy posted:

This is available! At least, it is in England :britain:

Weirdly, it's made by Old El Paso, a US company (at least, that's which brand Tesco carries) but I've never seen it in the US.

Ew, also squeeze guacamole. That can't be good.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Savory Lollypops! In delicious flavors like Kalamata Olive, Thai Peanut and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza. All the flavor of a luxurious gourmet meal right in your mouth!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You guys ever seen those hoodies with the hood cords that double as earbuds? Imagine if those cords were hollow and ran down into the hoodie pouch. In the pouch they connect to an electronic vaporizer.

So you got your hand in your pouch. You turn on your vaporizer. Stick the cord in your mouth and you're discretely smoking weed.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

how about pizza, but the crust is, like, a bagel?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Volume posted:

You guys ever seen those hoodies with the hood cords that double as earbuds? Imagine if those cords were hollow and ran down into the hoodie pouch. In the pouch they connect to an electronic vaporizer.

So you got your hand in your pouch. You turn on your vaporizer. Stick the cord in your mouth and you're discretely smoking weed.

Better yet, one is weed, the other connects to a bladder like a CamelBak. Get high as poo poo and enjoy some Cherry Coke!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Curly fries, but branded as Potato Pubes.

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity

Messyass posted:

I could totally see this. You could calculate a score for each "call" based on how many other people call it after you and how quick your call was. A late or wrong (unpopular) call would make you lose points so you can't just go calling everything.

If you're an old fart like me and you "call" something months after everyone else knew about it, the phone could give you an electric shock to teach you a lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Or make it give a shock every time you "call" something and maybe we can pavlov that poo poo out of people's systems.

• Locked thread