Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!
I marathoned this thread over the last few days and this book is the worst. It was probably a bad idea to consume so much terrible so quickly, but I think I'm ok.

Or maybe not because I recorded this excerpt from chapter 35. This is the first time I've ever recorded something on my computer and uploaded it on the internet so I hope you guys like it.

Edit: ugh, I don't know how to just make it play on the site instead of having to download it.

Vonder fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonder
May 8, 2007

my dad posted:

Vonder, alcharagia do you have an email address I can contact you at? It's needed for a... secret project. I might have also already contacted Mercedes about it, and he might have said yes.

Sure, you can reach me at eoakley86@gmail.com

Vonder
May 8, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Stop being so intellectually lazy! :argh:

I think this applies to the whole book.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

Djeser posted:

I love Rodney so much I just want to stroke his chest and rip out his heart and eat it.

This is amazing!

Vonder
May 8, 2007

Oh god, the more I read about poo poo like this the more I just feel really sad for Miranda. What kind of awful upbringing must she have had to write this and continue writing this as a goddamn adult? How damaged is she that she really believes that Rodney is a great hero and hasn't done anything wrong and that his relationship with Clare/Shadowtrack is a great and perfect idealized romance?? I just...I don't...poo poo.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

Iced Cocoa posted:

Rodney having some problems, before he got taken over by the beast called Railrunner :smith:

Apparently one of his problems was getting his right hand smashed with a hammer.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

He also has a really weird eyebrow piercing. I don't think Miranda knows how piercings work or why people get them. She just throws them willy-nilly onto her characters. I can see Freakshow having a bunch of piercings, but I don't see Ironwheel having any and I certainly don't know why Railrunner has one when the only other pierced characters are villains...wait...no, I see exactly why Railrunner has one.

Also piercings on roller coasters look loving stupid.

I kind of like his little wrist things, though.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

Oh my god, you have no idea how much I needed that laugh today! I always have to pause these half a dozen times because I'm laughing too hard. When Jerk Store came up I had to pause then get up and walk around a little to collect myself.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

my dad posted:

After all, he only murdered two people in cold blood.

He's practically a pacifist.

He won't do well at Railrunner College of Wanton Slaughter.

Vonder
May 8, 2007

That gown (seriously, a gown?) makes him look like he has boobs. I was confused about what character it was because the only thing differentiating male from female are boobs and he has them in this gown. Good Christ. At least they have somewhat better facial expressions. Better than the Smugy Smugertons that they usually are, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonder
May 8, 2007

I don't think Miranda really understands where babies come from or what birth and mothering entails. I'm just going through a rage of emotions.

• Locked thread