Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

You guys sold C:SL to me, I will pick it up in the coming week after my paycheck arrives and bills are payed and there is money left over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

http://www.oskarstalberg.com/game/house/Index.html

Same dude: http://oskarstalberg.com/game/CityGenerator/

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 20, 2015

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

http://imgur.com/gallery/S2mEa

This kind of stuff gives me a nerdgasm

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That's loving phenomenal. Procedural generation makes some really drat realistic layouts these days.

Even runs half decently on my two and a half year old smartphone.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm reinstalling the game and digging through some dependencies, all with pompous descriptions and massive installers which auto open a browser window upon completion, turning my desktop into complete chaos. This came to mind:

Some of the modders of this game even have that "AE" character in their usernames...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

I'm reinstalling the game and digging through some dependencies, all with pompous descriptions and massive installers which auto open a browser window upon completion, turning my desktop into complete chaos. This came to mind:

Some of the modders of this game even have that "AE" character in their usernames...

I only know what Æ means when used in Notwegian, what exactly is it used for or is it just needs who consider themselves Internet Vikings

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Tusen Takk posted:

I only know what Æ means when used in Notwegian, what exactly is it used for or is it just needs who consider themselves Internet Vikings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86#English
It's more like people trying to be fancy/archaic/reallyformal/old. Or Internet vikings. Or just be "unique" and "cool".

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Anyone know if there's a non-HD terrain mod that makes things look more temperate? Like a low resolution version of the Columbus mod for instance? My laptop's chip is incompatible with hardware mode, and software mode can't deal with HD ground textures. I hate the Californian look of the stock game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

Anyone know if there's a non-HD terrain mod that makes things look more temperate? Like a low resolution version of the Columbus mod for instance? My laptop's chip is incompatible with hardware mode, and software mode can't deal with HD ground textures. I hate the Californian look of the stock game.

you can use the texture files without using the terrain controller, I was doing that for a long while

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

you can use the texture files without using the terrain controller, I was doing that for a long while

But you're still using HD textures then right? Or maybe I don't understand how it works exactly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

But you're still using HD textures then right? Or maybe I don't understand how it works exactly.

try it and see, my laptop struggled with HD terrain controllers but HD textures worked fine. The Columbus mod is the only TerrainMod I've found that reliably works on Mac though, so ymmv

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

So yeah, everybody playing Cities:Skylines I take it?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Keetron posted:

So yeah, everybody playing Cities:Skylines I take it?

Nah, I just took a break from playing sperglord city simulator so that i could play sperglord space simulator.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Rah! posted:

Nah, I just took a break from playing sperglord city simulator so that i could play sperglord space simulator.

Cool. See you in Eve than.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Keetron posted:

Cool. See you in Eve than.

He means KSP, probably. People who play EVE are spergs to the sprigs.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nope, I'm talking about Elite: Dangerous. I think EVE is too much even for me. Kerbal Space Program looks cool though.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rah! posted:

Nope, I'm talking about Elite: Dangerous. I think EVE is too much even for me. Kerbal Space Program looks cool though.

KSP is amazing. More science spergy though, but you actually learn cool things without even realizing it because explosions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

E: What I really learned from KSP is that orbital math is really freaking hard.

• Locked thread