Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Zereth posted:

I can't loving wait for Avernum 2, it was the best of the trilogy. :allears:

No way man. Exile/Avernum 3 was the best by far.

I recently got all six + Blades on Gog. I am so happy. I replayed 1 earlier in the year before getting that. I'm now on 2. It's good for sure, but nothing compares to how big 3 was compared to the first two. I screwed around in the second trilogy a bit a couple years ago and it didn't seem as interesting to me. But I plan on going through them all now.

I always seem to do pole weapon/sword tank/mage archer/priest archer with my builds in Avernum. When I get high enough I slowly turn my casters into hedgewizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I just loved how huge 3 was, and how different each area was. Two was great though. I haven't finished it yet though, so maybe my opinion will change. It was the only one of the originals I didn't finish.

I miss having music in the Avernum remakes. Even if it was repetative as hell, it was nice.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I've been plugging away at Avernum 5. I never played much of 6 but played the others to completion or close to it (my comp blew up right towards the end of 4). Am I alone in thinking that 5 is probably the best game that isn't 3? Everyone thinks 3 is the king of the series right?