Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

Xander77 posted:

I never lockpicked if it cost more than 2 at a time, bought and picked up every lockpick that came my way - and still find myself terribly short.

Two is too many. Any more than one is the game's way of telling you to raise your lockpicking skills.

(I'd have more answers for your questions, but I'm still going through Avadon 1 at the moment.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
Not surprising. The game works well with a touch screen (I discovered these games through the Android ports), but the game market on those devices tend to favor games with low initial pricetags and "social" features (and in-app purchases). Spiderweb's primary audience will be PC users, at least for the foreseeable future.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

fart simpson posted:

just bought the new geneforge. looking forward to playing it. i liked mutagen but i was always more of a exile/avernum guy and never played the original geneforges.

thinking about it, i played all 3 exiles, blades of exile, nethergate, all 3 of the avernum re-remakes, the 2 avadons, and queens wish. idk why i never picked up geneforge

Just curious, which of the 3 Avadons are you conspicuously slighting here?

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
Are the Avadon games worth going through? I'd lost my A1 saves years ago, but thanks to recently getting a gaming PC, I'm starting to revisit some CRPGs I never finished earlier.