Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Black Fortress still what I should be starting out with if I'm new to Spiderweb games or is there some new hotness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything in particular I should be dumping points in to as an Agent in Geneforge 2? So far I've dumped my starting points in to Mental Magic, Spellcraft, and Battle Magic. Anything else I need to keep up with? I'm assuming I need Intelligence and Leadership for stuff.

Also what the poo poo is with the little light things on the ground near doors that make a wooshing noise and light up when I'm near them? That and the MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH sound are driving me nuts.
Also aslo, are there any penalties for stealing whatever's not nailed down? How's getting caught work, line of sight?

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 15, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cool, thanks. By the way, where can I get Mass Daze? I was reading the thread and earlier someone said they got it super late in to the game but apparently it's possible to get it earlier.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, GOG is having a sale right now. Geneforge Saga for $2.99, which seems sort of criminal considering how good these games are. :v:

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 15, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what's a good starting point for this guy's games?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any point to not loading up a party with two priests types and two mage types or some variation of that in Avernum 2? Melee and archery/thrown seem like hot garbage compared to spells at the low levels I'm at

also am I missing anything critical by skipping Avernum 1? I played through a bit of it then found out there was a 2 and pretty much immediately dropped it

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hate good games and having fun

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 28, 2017