Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

See now I thought in general the Game Grumps were getting better. They're talking about the game and going less off-topic now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Obscurus Lupa posted a new Charmed season review:
http://phelous.com/node/1623

Good god, this show is absolutely terrible.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

He never finished that Saw retrospective did he?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Game Grumps aren't talked about in here actually because whenever they are, the thread goes to poo poo. And what's wrong with posting that? If the Nostalgia Critic had a video that was just a skit, would that be bad to post here?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't think her videos are all that amazing, and saying everyone who plays games are terrible people because of those who comment on her videos is stretching it A LOT. But yeah, some people are just terrible.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

prahanormal posted:

What? When did she ever call everyone who plays games terrible?

Oh no, I was talking about people here.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Doesn't the movie only follow the first season? He doesn't have to go through the whole animated series then, if his only goal is to understand the movie better.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maremidon posted:

So I was checking out some of The Bunny Perspective's backlog because I was bored and I've enjoyed some of his stuff and I found this which is uh, :stare:

I kept waiting for the "but no that perspective is horrible" thing to come, but it never did. And just to clarify, I'm someone who thinks Michael Jackson never molested anyone, probably.

I'm a bit late watching this, but WOW. I was expecting the worst, but that was even more crazier than I thought.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

The ads are really intrusive on these. Thirty seconds, every five minutes, and popping in mid-sentence.

And, for me at least, it was the same 3 US Navy ads over and over.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, you'd think this would have been said a while ago, not something that happens out of nowhere. I'm also half-expecting the farewell and video of the new guy to be some weird joke, and the episode tomorrow is Jon back. Or Jon was sick one weekend and had someone fill in, and no they're playing up some joke about it. It just all seems weird, I guess is what I'm saying.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I always considered Yahtzee a comedian, a joke reviewer, and I didn't think anyone took him seriously.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mogambo posted:

Or maybe you're just mad he doesn't like the same things as you. :shrug:

Come on, this is silly. People can have actual grievances with a reviewer, not everyone is mad when someone doesn't like something they do.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, that was a very good review series. Seeing someone tackle the show from a more outsider perspective was fun.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

EDIT wrong thread

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 1, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

EDIT: Wrong thread

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 10, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Was he the one with that really weird Michael Jackson video?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OrangeKing posted:

I enjoyed the parody ad that comes right after the ad break. Which, at first, I thought was just a really odd Denny's ad.

For me, that fake came right after a real Denny's ad, so I was very confused.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

These are really good though I fear when she reaches nuWho (eventually.) She really seems to loathe the post-2004 seasons and her argument is mostly "it's different so it sucks."

EDIT: \/ She seems to hold it to a vastly higher standard than she does the older episodes. Yes it has plenty of flaws but she can get really nitpicky with it.

It seems like diehard fans of the old Doctor Who series give no quarter to the new stuff. It feels like they almost don't give it a chance. Not to say the new series is perfect, but I think they can take their hatred of it really far.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Hey, look! A new AVGN for some reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DtVHqyYts

:bandwagon:

Even though the game is well-worn ground, I think that was one of the best AVGNs I've ever seen.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think one-off episodes they do on game show games or kids games are still fun to watch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Zelda Sequelitis has finally come out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Bloodrayne review was really good. Although, isn't weakness to water an old vampire trait?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I guess Film Brain's voice doesn't bother me, because I think his videos are usually great.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I would say the Tim Burton Batman movies brought Batman up from the joke he was from the 60's show, at least in the public eye.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why would "sane" people assume everyone who plays video games hates women because of a scene in God of War 3? I don't think that assumption makes much sense.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Cyron posted:

I know i am bringing up some wounds but i do feel the Wii was the catalyst of current gaming culture. when it got Big and you started to have the young and old buy the wii in masses a ton of gamer got pissed at Nintendo for it, complaining about focusing on soccer moms and grandpas. it started this "real gamer" bullshit that just stick of elitism and a us VS them mentality that seem very existence with gamergate and SJWs. I will still play video games, i am getting smash bros next month but there is Posion in the gamer well and it not just from gamergate.

To be fair, I think most people who play video games don't care about this at all. I feel like the "ton" of "gamers" doing this is a small, vocal minority.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Eh, I like reading silly theories like that. Imagining there's more games than meets the eye is fun, at least for me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know, I think silly/weird theories about games can be fun.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

It can be fun, but holy poo poo can it be annoying when the people saying them think they're some sort of genius for saying "Guys, stay with me here, what if...what if Ash from Pokemon was beaten by his abusive dad and the whole show is just his dying dream? Proof? Well obviously Oak represents authority and furthermore...". It's nerds desperately trying to make child friendly games/movies/tv shows dark and edgy.

Yeah, I think "X is actually main character's dying dream, and these characters represent..." is basically the worst kind of dumb theory. Especially if that person is trying to present it as real analysis.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea all this whole thing has taught me so far is yea maybe this poo poo did turn some of us into violent assholes.

I don't really think video games are what is to blame here.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Season 3 isn't when Korra gets good. It's when Korra gets amazing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

By that logic why waste time with any other animated show when you could be watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see that Mikej did a Shameful Sequel review of Hellraiser 4. Which does not make sense because it is not shameful and is in fact cool as heck. :colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Any year with Jojo makes it a good year for anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

In High School I was a big fan of G Gundam... so I have nothing to feel ashamed over.

• Locked thread