Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Brad release a new snob today "Caddyshack 2" http://www.thecinemasnob.com/50/post/2014/03/caddyshack-ii.html

I never seen this movie, but I always heard it was a piece of crap and it looks like it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

Oh hey I wasn't aware Josh Hadley and Brad Jones' hero for boxing unfit movie critics and putting some random guy in blackface Uwe Bowl made a third In The Name Of The King.

and that why he put 3 of his films on his worst films of the year list in 2011?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

His opinion got a hell lot more brighter after the RadioDrome Uwe Boll interview! I'm not saying this should have been a piece where they dragged him through the mud, but them being fanboyish after the interview really tells a lot.

(And Brad saying he's not bigoted because he called the Chuck Berry scene on Back To the Future Racist kind of proves my point. "Hmmm, my friend won't stop demonizing black people, says that n****r isn't a racial slur, stated being afraid of black churches for potential *reverse racism*, shits on handicapped places saying it will lead to priveledged black and gay parking places, calls Al-Jazeera a honeypot of terrorism and anti-americanism, defended Michael Savage over screaming at a gay guy to go get AIDS, his facebook page has him saying that Save The Pearls is a good commentary on racial politics, defended the gently caress out of George Zimmerman and this could go on, but one time, one time only he made a Cracked-type "progressive" quib which negates every single ounce of bigotry that could exist on that bo- MY GOD PURE IDEOLOGY)

he left radiodrone for 6 months and it clear that he don't think highly of josh anymore if you listen to him. and that twitter was him making fun of josh. brad is not racist.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

I didn't gather that, I thought he was being vaguely apologetic or something.

(He still holds Uwe Bowl at a higher standard than 2011.)

i think he respect the guy for having his "gently caress the world" attitude as a director but he isn't a fanboy, he still makes fun of him. josh on the otherhand is and is a horrible man.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Terminal Entropy posted:

Of all the Hadleyims, I think this one is the most Josh Hadley of them all. :allears:

Well, that and having a hate-boner for digital projectors in movie theaters, at the same time absolutely loving LaserDisc/DVD/BluRay.

In one of his video's he said that asylum films are killing the film industry. that is some josh hadleyims.

on NC: i remember seeing commercials for that movie back in the 90's on nick. i thought it looks like poo poo.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
so last week i meet brad jones at a con in chicago and brought some dvd's from him. his new one (the uncencered one) is quite a fun extra dvd, and jake's take of MLP was magical.

on the subject of spoony, his real videos are still decent. the maiami vice one was good. and for vlogs his one on the new caption america film was good outside of a few rants about trailers. but ya the three hours review of robocop remake (a movie i am sure most people forgot it exist) is just too long.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
to defend spoony on the new video, he had review 4 games before with the make my video and so have james as AVGN. people are acting like he is reviewing 3 random games he picked out of a bin.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 5, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Tracula posted:

If I had to hazard a guess it could well be FF XIII-2, Lightning Returns and maybe something else related somehow. I just have a feeling that he's gonna bite off more than he can chew with trying to do a bunch of RPG's. With the make my video stuff it's just FMV garbage so it's a much smaller and easier workload.

then i hope not, his FF reviews latly been his worst reviews since he honestly feel like he only do it to shut up folks from yelling to review the new final fantasy. at least with his ultama and his D&D vlogs he had his heart in it.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Raserys posted:

So when does he actually say how he felt about the movie? I got around 30 minutes in before I gave up.

At least he admits he isn't funny anymore.

he said he liked the movie, also he been on the record that he is not a fan of the x-men comics or movies so it is understandable that he is a bit hard on it.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 25, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I just want to take a minute to remind everyone that, despite whatever stupid thing Spoony is currently doing, this deserves more focus as a great culmination of a great series of reviews.

not a big fan of Kyle's work but to be fair this thread seem to go into cycles of complaining about ether spoony, egorapor or josh handly with small bits of good reviews and talk about other reviewers sandwiched in.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Skunny Wundy posted:

Wow, Jillian was a nervous wreck during the Midnight Screening for Days of Future Past. I didn't know Cinema Snob commenters were such dicks.

his comments are more funny bad then anything, like most of them yelling at josh to fix links on brad's site to the whole man of steel insanity.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

MisterBibs posted:

What surprised me was her saying that she'd been up for multiple days with little sleep. This isn't the first time she (or another TGWTG/TGWTG-type person) has mentioned that, and it boggles my mind. :wtc: are you doing to experience that level of sleep deprivation? Good old "sitting in front of your PC all day fucks with your circadian rhythm" stuff?

EDIT: Having listened to a lot of them recently, I think I cracked the Radiodrome Code:

Josh: Don't you hate {Modern Thing}?
Other Person: No, not really, there's a lot of good things to it.
Josh: Well, what about {Fringe Case}? That makes {Modern Thing} really bad.
Other Person: I guess in that case it's upsetting, but what are you going to do?
Josh: I just think that when I see a movie with {Modern Thing}, it feels/looks wrong! And the worst thing is, people nowadays get upset when you don't see {Modern Thing}!

She have said before on twitter and other videos she have issues with her neighbors. i am sure computers and whatnot don't help at all too.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DStecks posted:

I'd like to interject that you can dispute copyright claims on YouTube and win. I got contentID'd on a use of the Spongebob intro sequence, disputed it on fair use grounds, and had my dispute accepted.

The problem isn't in using footage from what you're reviewing, it's using footage (and music) from things that you aren't, because that doesn't fall under fair use.

That is most likely why brad started to use music from the movie he is reviewing instead of the theme for last american hero.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DStecks posted:

Brad's got a new Cinema Snob out, this one about cult classic The Stepfather.

Honestly, the video's really heavy on his "I'm a film critic who reflexively hates horror films" schtick, which I know is the whole Snob gimmick, but it just never produces funny jokes.

the part where he losing his identity is really good in the bathroom, i thought it was a ok review but his last few was better. it also didn't help he just did friday the 13th part 3 where he did some of the same jokes. but this forum have a hard on for hating bard i notice.

EDIT: i am talking more about people saying brad is racist and homophobic becuase he did a podcast with josh once upon a time and less about hating on old schtick. i still think mommy dearest is his best review this year when it comes to leaking out his pesonal bias on a film since really "worst movie of the 80's" it is not.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 19, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Ok, this was my bad, that edit was badly. i only brought up mommy dearest just to say it was one of his better reviews this year. the first part is based on a old post who said that brad is racist by taking a tweet out of context and saying he defend everything josh handly do and say on the internet.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

I think you're talking about my posting, haha. I tend to be more harsh with more influential/notorious/famous folk.

I was. i do agree with that that josh handly is a dried out turd, i was about to call him a tool but tools can be useful. but i don't think brad like josh that mush.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Tracula posted:

Brad is a lot like other internet critics where when he tones down the character or leaves it aside all together he's much, much more enjoyable. I really find this the case too with James Rolfe and Doug Walker. I'm pretty burned out on the AVGN and NC shtick but when they just talk about something they like or dislike, play a videogame with friends, do a vlog, etc it's considerably better.

With Spoony it's a bit harder since it really feels like there's a pretty blurred line between Noah and Spoony or whatever you wanna call his 'character' for reviews.

I do think the snob is running it corse mainly for him running out of mertial, i can see him fhinishing up the friday the 13th films to at least 8, and staying alive but i have no clue what his 300th review will be. But i feel like james (or even red letter media since i am sure most people know them due to planket) can live fine on the internet fine, he do more 80's dan and reviewers, and the midnight screenings can give him the cheep and easy cash. and none of that is bad IMO.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

achillesforever6 posted:

I personally have a soft spot for his countdown videos and Old vs New. That and his regular reviews with Rob who I'll always like since he can do good impressions/characters.

I do agree with you on that,he did take a bit to get a good flow to put in the demo reel folks but i will say i loved every review i saw since his comback. i hate the old vs new spider man because that fangirl pissed me off for the fact i know people who act like that on facebook.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

FlamingLiberal posted:

You say that, and yet Brad just retweeted this from him:

You know that's fake josh right? it is a Parody account, it funny since josh hates TGWTG. Overall the account is the polor opposite of Josh where he loves Jesus, call beer "Brewski", and loves sitcoms on TBS and ABC Family.

i am shocked no one heard of him here since real josh did try to shut the twitter account down for making fun of him too much.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 20, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i didn't start a slander fest on brad by posting a joke twitter account. sorry for not spelling good enough But i will fix it.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 20, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Pirate Jenny posted:

I love that account. It is like the embodiment of so many clueless Internet neocon know-alls. But yes, it is fake. Behold the bio:

"The Home of Fake Josh. The Number #1 Alternate Universe Hadley Twitter on the Net. Parody Josh."

I'm pretty sure Brad at least has a hand in running it - whoever runs this account is too good at imitating the way this type of guy communicates to the world. I don't even watch/listen to Hadley's stuff and I feel like I know him.

When I talked to Brad at C2E2 last spring he said that he have multiple fake accounts, I think Todd did say that he found out about the fake accounts after Magfest. He and a few others like Welshy gently caress around with TGWTG secrets and other related sites and blogs.

I am sure Fake Josh is a good chunk of people from Geek Juice Radio, i love him more then real Josh, but that's not hard to do.

EDIT:I edited both of my post. I hope the spelling is a bit better.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 20, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

beep by grandpa posted:

Sure, I was at the laundromat when I wrote that with bad signal so I couldn't look it up at the time :v:

Turns out it's Screen Junkies, the honest trailers people. I don't have any opinion of Shia Labeouf either way but shrieking dumb, unfunny insults at a completely passive dude for 5 minutes is a little :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6rDDZioHoM

BUT HE RAPE MY CHILDHOOD!

Honestly anyone that use that phase shouldn't be taken seriously.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 21, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PiedPiper posted:

Is Moviebob the guy who made that video about why he likes video games and it's just a long-rear end list of 'Because [name of a Robot Master]' and 'Because [female character]'s rack'?

I know he wrote a book about how super mario bros 3 is the greatest game ever and the core of his entire life.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there no TGWTG anniversary thing at all this year? I know last year they did the individual short films.

knowing how i feel about doug in the last year, it was most likely canceled to do more Vlogs of some popaler cartoon to get easy hits.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

cubs2084 posted:

Hooray! Many cute and hairy nerd babies to you and Nash :)

...she and nash broke up a year ago. i don't know who she is engaged to, but i assume it a guy name zac who write anime news on ANN, i stop following her just for losing intrest in anime. she is one of the better reviewers of anime and she is not a creep.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Robert Denby posted:

After seeing it on Zorak’s stream, I thought RWBY deserved every bit of hate it got, especially since it was a professionally-made production and not some fan project. Also the guy who made it did that Halo-Metroid crossover animation that was big a few years ago that ended with Master Chief (revealed to be a hot lady under the helmet) and Samus making out. Classy!

i don't think anyone here is going to fight that RWBY is poo poo, but the way she act to fans on twitter is spoony-like in rudeness. that is the issue people have with her, not hating a shity anime but the way she react to fans is why spoony got in the shitpile he was in.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DoctorWhat posted:

Anime fans deserve no better than what JO provides.

so if spoony attacked anime fans he is a monster? And every anime fan is a horny MRA nutjobs.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 7, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't think the words in this post make any sense in the order they were posted.

Could you try actually constructing a sentence or even, ~gasp~, a meaningful argument next time?

Ok, Here is my point. JO is a rude jerk on twitter and not just to anime fans. she is getting to the point of where spoony is now. I want to watch her stream and her videos, but she is getting too bitter.

EDIT: Speaking of anime fans, Angry Jake is a fan of DBZ. Huh, never thought of him as a DBZ fan.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 8, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I will like to apologize too, same thing as achillesforever with twitter is a bad place to give full troughts. and calling her to be simmiler to a certen guy is out of place. i don't hate JO at all, and i do agree with her point now that i read her post. i was acting like a rear end in a top hat and out of line.

Congrats on the engagement. hope you two bring each other joy.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 8, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

I usually only go after poo poo said on twitter when one dwells on it. I get the off hand tweet because hey, even on a blackberry qwerty you can gently caress up a lot, but if someone's let's say, using civilian causalities on a certain military conflict to defend himself from a fauxpas and then getting his garguntuan twitter followship to sick on someone of said bombed civilian population that told just how bullshit that move was ooooor making a point on how asking for transgender representation in media is akin to asking for otherkin representation in media or how all of LGBT population is an ungrateful kind for not 100% uncritically worshipping Macklemore, I'm probably gonna give them a lot more poo poo than if it was a succinct post.

Ok the first 2 examples are poo poo i see jackasses on the internet say all the time but i don't understand the macklemore bit? i understand he is very pro LGBT but why should he be hold to higher praised then others?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kunster posted:

I don't even KNOW! Macklemore got pegged as this "Look at me, I'm super friendly to them GSM types!" so much that some music critics saw him as this major figure that can do no wrong. When he hosed up, criticism of such got said music critics to poo poo an obsedian Uluru on how dare people do this, how dare they be self righteous, how dare they be unthankful of the gift that is the Mackleman, how dare other GSM performers point out they were ignored for stuff he was saying he got on a pedestal for. He got Peter Principled by people who see this as a great triumph.

(Gender and Sexual Minority, btw)

So in another word, Because he said good things he is untouchable when gay artist get poo poo on for saying the same things? gently caress this earth.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 8, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I saw DStecks video's and now i feel dirty. as someone who is simmiler to the guy due to mental illness and the love for pokemon i just hope i am not as awful as him in real life and i just don't see it.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

DStecks posted:

I do the videos because I am also similar to Chris-Chan due to mental illness :ssh:

The video is great and i laugh all the time with it, but the subject is just messed up. i will sub to you on youtube

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i now feel silly for my comments about JO yesterday, jontron come off as a jackass who still have that mid 2000's internet humor.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

MisterBibs posted:

So Brad didn't like TMNT, which is pretty unsurprising given that it's a movie with a lot of CGI.

Related story: he blocked me on twitter after a half-in-jest crack about the movie (and other 80s-based cartoon films like Transformers) being more fun than Dredd. I even went back and deleted it because I figured I was pressing his buttons disrespectfully, but I guess he saw it before I changed my mind.

you seem to have a hard on for hating brad. he didn't even said he hated the movie due to CGI.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jsor posted:

In other news, because I didn't see it posted, History of Power Rangers now has a set schedule because of Patreon:

Operation Overdrive: August 21st 2014
Jungle Fury: Christmas Day 2014
RPM: March 19th, 2015
Samurai, Megaforce, Dino Charge: TBD

I may start supporting linkara due to this. he seeming to pull in the promises of the patreon.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

quakster posted:

Why is there some special, handicapped dumb idiot hypocrite in this thread calling JonTron a moron for calling someone a retard? The words have identical etymology. Learn to SJW properly or don't do it at all.

That said, repurposing obsolete medical terminology as insults is kinda mentally deficient. Crazy, even. JonTron is a complete basket case.

i see what you did there. Luckly i just called him a jackass, but will watch my words next time.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
You know given my post about JO's twitter a week ago, i don't care about twitter drama, i don't watch jontron and only watch spoony's wrestling reviews to laugh at him getting mad over non issues in the WWE. I guess i just hate twitter. and if i ever become famous for videos it will just be used for updates and funny jokes about a movie i am reviewing. and it not just internet reviewers but phil fish and that MS executive who was trashing small towns during the always online drama.

so to cheer everyone up. brad tries the state fair with Jake, Sarah and Lupa. http://www.thecinemasnob.com/brad-tries/brad-tries-the-state-fair-2014

I know this will Cheer folks up a bit.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 21, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Pretty much everyone on both sides of this dumb Depression Quest creator drama are being horrible people and I really wish they'd all have their social media privileges revoked so I'm not distracted from more mature and erudite discussions, like I/P or Ferguson.

There is no winning side. just sadness and cheep cream soda to the "winner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I honestly thought spoony's video was fine, but maybe people here want to gently caress him and make him their waifu.

• Locked thread