Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

So what is cooler? An attack that scars your GENES THEMSELVES or the fact that Setsuno regenerated from that? Good on them to show the absurd powers of the NEO guys, want to see how the split 3-way war will work out. Also... Does anyone knows what the Taster Bishokukai woman has done? Her power is absorbing attacks, fermenting and returning them back, i guess?

As the Sommelier (Wine Stewardess) of Death, it would seem that is exactly what Limon does. Horrorifically, I wouldn't want to see her absorb an attack of Sani's or Zebra's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sommelier

Also, Setsu's absolute power even after losing 10 million kilocalories is nothing short of god-like. The fact that they took Chiyo out so easily is a ruler that measures the distance between both of them. Her insanity a few arcs earlier doesn't seem much comparable to now.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm partial to the fact that she shrugged off a 10 million Calorie energy drain when Toriko's max was only 3 million or so.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Rynder posted:

I'm partial to the fact that she shrugged off a 10 million Calorie energy drain when Toriko's max was only 3 million or so.

That was pre-food honor, but she's still a bad motherfucker

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I am still amazed that this world produces the food necessary to feed millions, if not billions of people with caloric needs that are through the roof.

I get that Chiyo is an outlier but still.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Seebach posted:

The fact that they took Chiyo out so easily is a ruler that measures the distance between both of them.

I think any of us would guess she's not going to die from the attack. At best she just needs to slink away from the battle to replace one of her kidneys real quick or something. On the other hand it might be cool if she did die since we know she's insanely powerful, so it'd demonstrate that there's some real power to this new group.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

dazoner posted:

Rampant speculation but going to spoiler none the less I guess this means that at some point all of Acacia's disciples will get back together and fight against Joa and his faction.

I like this. Although it will probably require Joa to be some kinda super monster, stronger than Acacia's disciples by themselves alone. So maybe he was Acacia's long time rival but obtained long life through nefarious means? He had no problem breaking rules on the cooking contests he will have no problem sacrificing a few billion babies to live another 100 years.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So is Joa the guy who cut up and ate Teppei, and then stiched him up? Teppei's eye scars were changed after meeting with "him", but it remains to be seen if that "him" is actually Joa, but I am pretty sure this is the connection they are attempting to make in this chapter, isn't it?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

international owl day posted:

So is Joa the guy who cut up and ate Teppei, and then stiched him up? Teppei's eye scars were changed after meeting with "him", but it remains to be seen if that "him" is actually Joa, but I am pretty sure this is the connection they are attempting to make in this chapter, isn't it?

If this is true, Joa's true identity may infact also be the 4th National Treasure, Mohyan Shaishai, as I interpreted that his dissapearance was a sign that he was the mastermind behind the four beasts resurrection, and thus the puppet master that Teppei followed.

That would be a very odd roundabout, or it could be that Shaishai is a member of Neo as well, or that he and Joa could be related in some way. Good catch for tin foil hats.

Seebach fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 10, 2013

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
All this speculative chat is nice but did that chef just summon an invisible bread house? :stare:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

All this speculative chat is nice but did that chef just summon an invisible bread house? :stare:

Yes, Yes she did.

And the spaceman laughed in her face

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Seebach posted:

If this is true, Joa's true identity may infact also be the 4th National Treasure, Mohyan Shaishai, as I interpreted that his dissapearance was a sign that he was the mastermind behind the four beasts resurrection, and thus the puppet master that Teppei followed.

That would be a very odd roundabout, or it could be that Shaishai is a member of Neo as well, or that he and Joa could be related in some way. Good catch for tin foil hats.

This means we have to go back and look at every character's eye scars now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wooo new chapter:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/170669/toriko_ch233_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/1

That was literally, the gayest Toriko I have ever read. Literally.

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 16, 2013

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm assuming 'that' man is Acacia and the inner demon was reference that the chef's full course causes a person to ascend to a higher plane of existence or something.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

Wooo new chapter:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/170669/toriko_ch233_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/1

That was literally, the gayest Toriko I have ever read. Literally.

:gay:

And probably gives full control of the gourmet cells to the wielder. Are the monsters embodiments of gourmet cells?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Approaching Cho Aniki levels here.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm ok with it being like that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It was always pretty drat homoerotic. The only difference is that the subtext has become text.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And yet it's still the manliest goddamn manga ever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mulderman posted:

And yet it's still the manliest goddamn manga ever.

I don't really see the contradiction between 'incredibly homoerotic' and 'incredibly manly'.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Basically Twisted Sister in manga form. Dress up in drag, passionately fight with your muscle harem, etc. It doesn't matter, you're still more masculine then anybody else.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Komatsu's magical bottom powers know no bounds.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Naked muscle demon is pleased with the food techniques taught to you by Master Penis. Now go save your twink.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Imagine the powerup after Toriko and Komatsu actually have sex.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

international owl day posted:

Imagine the powerup after Toriko and Komatsu actually have sex.

This is a dark dark road we should not venture down.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Naked muscle demon is pleased with the food techniques taught to you by Master Penis. Now go save your twink.

Strangely enough, Naked Muscle Demon is actually wearing more clothes than Toriko.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002
Not any worse than naked Toriko watching the demon eat a dying Toriko from behind.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Toriko-49?id=4078

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hahaha, Starjun sure does get blind side punched a lot.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That was beautiful. I find it odd that Toriko is going before Coco, but there's a good chance we move to that fight next week.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Compared to some of the recent chapters, this one was pretty meh.

It seems a lot like filler.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Toriko's inner hollow would eat Ichigo's inner hollow for snack.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I found the reason this chapter was so amazingly homoerotic. Mitsutoshi found out about the 100 page chapter of One punch man and realized he had to do something to counter the power of Murata and his chapter full of naked/near naked muscled (fish)men duking it out

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I just finished catching up on this. For so long I didn't understand how people were so pumped about a manga about eating food. Now I understand because holy gently caress. Do kind of wish the manga was about Zebra and his mentor Granny Setsu though.

I did accidentally click on this thread and read that Tommyrod was eaten before I got there. So at least that was a surprise because I kept trying to figure out how the gently caress Zebra was going to jump in on that fight. I mean seriously, Sunny is the first one of them to openly jump on the cannibalism train? I also feel bad every time Rin shows up. How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Gyges posted:

I also feel bad every time Rin shows up. How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

She just wants to be the fish dish on his full course menu.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

I listen to a manga review podcast, and a few months back, they joked about how Rin and other female characters in Toriko are there just to convince people that Toriko and Komatsu aren't gay. Although after this chapter, I don't think you could argue otherwise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, Toriko did find the bee jailer attractive. Of course, she had the super power of being able to literally force anyone except Zebra to find her attractive which implies that nothing less would ever make Toriko interested in a woman but that sort of counts, right?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Gyges posted:

So I just finished catching up on this. For so long I didn't understand how people were so pumped about a manga about eating food. Now I understand because holy gently caress. Do kind of wish the manga was about Zebra and his mentor Granny Setsu though.

I did accidentally click on this thread and read that Tommyrod was eaten before I got there. So at least that was a surprise because I kept trying to figure out how the gently caress Zebra was going to jump in on that fight. I mean seriously, Sunny is the first one of them to openly jump on the cannibalism train? I also feel bad every time Rin shows up. How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

In such a short time Toriko has become my favorite manga, and I think you can understand why now.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Melk the Second is the only one Komatsu needs.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Mountain Lightning posted:

Melk the Second is the only one Komatsu needs.
I know it'll never happen but I will forever hold out for this.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
Melk II will become incredibly buff (w/ a giant pompadour) by eating power-ups and Komatsu will be strangely interested in being super best cooking friends with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

NovaPolice posted:

Melk II will become incredibly buff (w/ a giant pompadour) by eating power-ups and Komatsu will be strangely interested in being super best cooking friends with her
She'll do some Gourmet World training with Melk I and return tan, swole-as-gently caress, and covered in scars and Komatsu will swoon.

• Locked thread