Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Can't gently caress an Imp, not interested.

Okay, fine, I'm a little interested. I wish the RTS part of the game wasn't there, though. I've never played a turn-based strategy with real-time battles where I enjoyed the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
First update about the Editor. It's alright.

It's a bit sad that they're not gaining the money faster. It just feels like they've botched the release a bit by starting early.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Their hand was forced by the earlier-than-expected release of an Original Sin preview. One preview meant that a bunch of other sites would also release their previews. Larian wanted the mention of the Kickstarter in as many as possible, so they had to launch it now.

Yeah, I know. I have a feeling they should have tried to make that one guy retract his poo poo and go on a damage control discussion spree with everyone else first.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Wait, is it me or did they close off some of the tiers? Can anyone else get the $40 tier now, for example?

EDIT: I think they just made it no longer limited.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 29, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
And if you leave G+ any videos you upload to Youtube get set to private and all the comments wiped.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The stream is now live. If you want to live-chat here, sure! I won't be able to type everything up myself live, so go ahead!

Walp. Echo makes this unwatchable and they're not reading the text chat.

Larian. :eng99:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Threesome with skeleton princess and lizard princess: yes/why not?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

What would you do?

Is the coinflip random each time? Because if it's not, that's just unacceptable and you should fix that before the game ships. Speaking of which, do the advisors ever take different stances on different playthroughs on issues they don't really care that much about?

Also, no offense, but the newspaper could use better typography. Like, Sim City 2000 did it better and that was dinosaur times. The font used for the race names is especially glaring to my eyes.

I guess my issue is: these feel like computer screen fonts, not newspaper header mods. Also, only a third of the newspaper being filled in and the webdings-y font for "poo poo you can't read" both look like rear end. I understand this isn't exactly your top priority, but hey, feedback.

EDIT: Wait, aren't lizards supposed to be libertarians? Asking for censorship isn't very libertarian... although libertarians being all "freedom, freedom, rah rah!" except when there's something they don't like and then banning it is perfectly fine is realistic, I suppose.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 9, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Darkhold posted:

Because nobody wants a society where they only get their way half the time. They much prefer all or nothing. At least with nothing you can rally your base and play the martyr.

I don't think anyone really wants to be ruled by Harvey Dent anyway

Thank you for this illuminating answer. You have convinced me with your logic and insight into the human condition. :allears:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The coin flip probably isn't random.

Not buying this, telling my friends to not buy this, tattooing "DO NOT BUY DRAGON COMMANDER" on my forehead. :colbert:

I wondered whether that was random because with four versus one, that decision is a total no-brainer. If the imp just doesn't give a gently caress and it's three versus two half the time you have to make this decision (and others), poo poo gets more interesting. And it seems it wouldn't require much editing of content.

quote:

It was kinda the same with the Elf, he was less interested in the truth and more upset about embarrassing stories about him appearing in the paper.

Admittedly, gardens are srsbsns.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 9, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Djeser posted:

I don't think she's going to be used as an insightful soapbox for social justice issues but I still feel they'll give her more weight than an MRA's caricature of feminism.

In the end, I figure she'll probably be to feminism what Oberon is to liberalism, Prospera is to libertarianism, Yorick is to religious fundamentalism, or Edmund is to racism.

You can see what she's like in Total Biscuit's WTF Dragon Commander video.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Lizard boobies.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Russian IGN gave this 9/10. Admittedly, it's IGN, but still.

http://ru.ign.com/review/3884/review-dragon-commander

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Of all the princesses, which do you guys who've finished the campaign think has the most interesting storyline? Right now, I'm stuck deciding between the lizards' princess (law vs. compassion) and the undead one's quest to become A Real Girl™. That said, I might also go for the dwarven one, because as someone who's played Mass Effect 2 9 times, I think I'm qualified to handle daddy issues :v:

Doesn't the undead one require you to sew her a new body out of a whole bunch of other women?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You know what would be nice? If the cards that give you what you already have were removed. 3/4 of my deck is cards that give me dragon abilities and unit building capacity and I've already maxed out the research tree.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

Ophelia (undead princess) story-line: Wow, so letting her murder some nameless lady off screen so she can steal a new body is pretty... dark.

If you decide to not do it they offer you a nicer option.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 7, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Velveteen posted:

I've gotten to chapter two of the game. I'm getting my butt kicked! I can play other RTS games like SC2 but I don't really get this game. What kind of unit compositions are good? I just make units and they sort of ram into the opposing army then mine all end up dying. Maybe I should change it to easy from normal. On another note, I'm liking the political decisions in the game however, the only people I really can agree with and/or like are Prospera, Oberon, and Catherine. Everyone I'm either indifferent to or a religious fanatic and hate with all my guts. Although I am starting to warm up to the rest of my generals.

But I still really despise Yorick and that killed my popularity with the undead. After reading through this thread, most people chose the undead princess. Am I the only one that found Camilla to be the only interesting one? Also what are some good dragon skills to pick up? I've so far been picking up utility skills for my troops but I assume pure damage would be better?

You should have gone with the Murderdragon and beelined for the two pure damage skills from the 40r tier. You can wipe out an enemy blob of any size with a one-two punch of those. The rest of the slots I fill with the default Murderdragon skill (Acid) and passives that make him Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. As for tactics, just send all your dudes towards the resource spot in the center of the map that you think the enemy will go for as well and hold out until you can dragon it out. If there are some other spots you can grab that the enemy probably won't go to first, send a couple of dudes there. It's probably a good idea to build a light unit factory at your base and start pumping out Trooper reinforcements. Depending on the map you might want to grab a factory spot near where you'll be clashing first and build a War Factory there, so that your heavies get to the fight faster. One nice trick in some scenarios is getting there first with some fast units and instantly building turrets. Just make sure you have Troopers to grab them back when they're inevitably converted. (Who the hell thought that was a good idea?)

Megazver fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 8, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

Is this worth the $40 if I'm mostly interested in the politics part of the game and only in single player? Jetpack dragons and RPG elements in a strategy game are okay, but there aren't too many games where I get to romance a skeleton lady and need to decide between making her human again or keeping her people happy with me.

Wait for a sale.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Lazy Programming posted:

Very much yes, you can auto resolve all the fights and play it like a fantasy paradox game, I pretty much never play the rts portion.

He didn't ask whether you one can auto-resolve RTS battles, he asked whether there's enough content that's left after you give up on the RTS battles to be worth $40. I'd say no. The boardgame is kinda poo poo on its own, all the political content can probably be seen in a few playthroughs.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

AG3 posted:

This achievement is for the undead wife (I assume, at least). If you avoid having her get a robot body or steal the body of an innocent woman, she finds out about a mage who can create a real human body for her by using a magic painting. The problem is that in payment he requires either a "kingdom's worth of gold" or the right to sleep with her first after the body is created. If I remember correctly it deducts 20 gold from your treasury on the next turn if you tell her not to sleep with him, but you don't get to know the exact cost beforehand.

I guess that counts as the good ending?

Yeah, that's the good one. I didn't even notice the payment though by the time it came up.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

DrManiac posted:

This is good. I would love to see a Dragon Commander 2 that is more focused on running your empire overall.

Frankly I'd prefer them to pump the money into their next RPG, but I'm glad they're doing well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Seems like it would be hard to release a sequel to DC, considering its ending.

Not to mention the fact that there'd be no more Social Justice to mete out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Lars Blitzer posted:

So I've been reading through the thread, the game sounds good and I'm pretty sure I'll get it in a week or two. Is there anything I should know before starting? I've never played the other games in the series.

Pick the Mountain Dragon. Research everything on the first campaign map before moving on to the second one. The best dragon build is the one that uses the two damage dealing abilities from the top tier of the dragon research tree, so when on map two, get those first.

• Locked thread