Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beef Waifu posted:

Yhwach, look at me with your special eyes.
It's too bad the anime is dead cuz Yhwach dinner date omakes would be loving amazing for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I realize it's probably a reference to the name of God

Aw, dang it. I never noticed and now it seems painfully obvious...and very heavy handed especially considered his power called The Almighty.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Covok posted:

Aw, dang it. I never noticed and now it seems painfully obvious...and very heavy handed especially considered his power called The Almighty.

I mentioned this before but as someone else pointed out to me in a previous chapter he specifically took the name of a god people near him were worshiping or something.

Looking back at that chapter (565) The people started calling him the name of their God, which presumably was YWH, and he changed it to YWACH later

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 6, 2015

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
And of course, YWACH leads the nazi ghosts.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Beef Waifu posted:

My bankai!

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

Lol if you think yhwach will ever notice you nerd

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Special eyes-senpai has always noticed you and has noticed you in the future.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

YWACH needs to be edited into that MY BRAND eye contacts commerical.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Bacontotem posted:

YWACH needs to be edited into that MY BRAND eye contacts commerical.

Clear Eyes with Ben Stein.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Bacontotem posted:

Next chapter reveals it was Momo who was actually stabbed.

still funny

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mentioned this before but as someone else pointed out to me in a previous chapter he specifically took the name of a god people near him were worshiping or something.

Looking back at that chapter (565) The people started calling him the name of their God, which presumably was YWH, and he changed it to YWACH later

Actually the thread title is misspelled

Yhwach is the proper spelling of his name or YHWACH. (There was always H in there is what I am saying.) So he was literally called YHWH then added an AC to it later to give it his own spin.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
so wait - the takeaway from this is that quincies are genetically predisposed to kill the soul king? How does that work?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rynder posted:

so wait - the takeaway from this is that quincies are genetically predisposed to kill the soul king? How does that work?

Quincies are predisposed to eating spiritrons.
And The spirit king is biggest, juiciest spiritron burger.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually the thread title is misspelled

Yhwach is the proper spelling of his name or YHWACH. (There was always H in there is what I am saying.) So he was literally called YHWH then added an AC to it later to give it his own spin.

Yo it's cool, I fixed the thread title.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rynder posted:

What I got from it is that Juha Bach has, perhaps unconsciously, a degree of control over all Quincys (see - Zangetsu) and he basically forced Ichigo to follow his will and kill the soul king.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, Ichigo tossed a diagonal slash, so he's obviously trying to save the King's life.

That's what makes Unohana so effective as the leader of Squad 4. Her diagonal slashes are the strongest around.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ops, ichigo killed god. But in Bleach, terms he is now stronger then ever.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Is this comic almost done yet? I've long since given up hope that any of my favorites are going to do anything cool and I can't even remember what Ichigo's latest outfit power is. It's sword and smaller sword right?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Who are your favorites?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Amorphous Blob posted:

Is this comic almost done yet? I've long since given up hope that any of my favorites are going to do anything cool and I can't even remember what Ichigo's latest outfit power is. It's sword and smaller sword right?

If you're favorites are the Gotei 13's all stars*, Kenpachik, Byakuya, and Toshiro, 2/3rds of them are probably going to do stuff. If you're favorites are any of them humans, hahahahahahahaha! No, they anint doing poo poo!

Yes, that's Icihigo's latest power.

*Based on popularity.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

X_Toad posted:

Who are your favorites?

Chad, Kyoraku, Shuhei.

Shuhei is probably going to fight alongside some other vice captain tier guys and Kyoraku probably has a fight left but Chad didn't even get to shine in the arc that was supposedly about him.

Edit: And squad zero keeps coming out with their gimmicky powers only to be psudo Aizened each time.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 7, 2015

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Amorphous Blob posted:

Chad, Kyoraku, Shuhei.

Shuhei is probably going to fight alongside some other vice captain tier guys and Kyoraku probably has a fight left but Chad didn't even get to shine in the arc that was supposedly about him.

Shuhei learned bankai off screen then got jobbed out also off screen before he could ever use it.

It is entirely possible he is dead. It was vague.

KillerDan
Nov 4, 2012
Speaking of Shuhei learning his bankai offscreen, what the hell happened to Mashiro? She showed up briefly to punch Shuhei in the gut for his apparent bankai training but she hasn't shown up once since all the fighting started and no one's made mention of her at all.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably pulled an Unohana and got killed off-screen to give Hisagi a bankai.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My favorite is Ichigo's friend who threw the homemade gas bomb at Aizen. It didn't do poo poo, but that's humanity in a nutshell.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Remember Tatsuki? Friend to both Ichigo and Orihime, good at fighting and can sense/see ghosts? It was a long set up for powers she never developed and a position in the vast character sea that never really materialized. She ends up with only slightly more screen time than that lesbian with glasses.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Did he ever reveal all the "special war powers"? Or is that another thing that's been lost to the ether.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rynder posted:

Did he ever reveal all the "special war powers"? Or is that another thing that's been lost to the ether.

List of people that matter in this manga:

Ichigo (barely)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There has only ever been one thing that matters in this manga:

Fashion

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Omaeda really got the short stick in this manga about beautiful people.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
His unique ugliness makes him a war power

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Rynder posted:

Kenpachi, Ichigo, and Aizen are 3/5.

They're apparently listed in order of Danger. Kenpachi was first until fake JUHA BACH beat him so Ichigo became number one.

I would assume one of them is Urahara, who knows who the fifth is. Someone who doesn't matter.

Covok
May 27, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Omaeda really got the short stick in this manga about beautiful people.

I don't know, he looks fine to me:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Covok posted:

Since when was Travis Touchdown in this story?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Holy smokes the thread title changed

never thought i'd see the day

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Parrotine posted:

Holy smokes the thread title changed

never thought i'd see the day

No it didn't?

Covok posted:

You could grate cheese on those abs.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Stallion Cabana posted:

No it didn't?

You could grate cheese on those abs.

Yes, but the smell lingers something awful.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

:thurman:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Caros posted:

Yes, but the smell lingers something awful.

Something Awful: The Smell Lingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Gyges posted:

Remember Tatsuki? Friend to both Ichigo and Orihime, good at fighting and can sense/see ghosts? It was a long set up for powers she never developed and a position in the vast character sea that never really materialized. She ends up with only slightly more screen time than that lesbian with glasses.

I think Ichigos sister was developing a power and is far more likely to do something even if its only in the epilog. Kubo is bad at making remember things like that eye patch.

• Locked thread