Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Specto
Jun 28, 2010
The GP bonus applies to the time played part. I got it, dunno why you didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Maintenance is over, and ugh these new prices. Can't try anything out when poo poo costs like 800 GP per part. Even premades are bout 1500 GP.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Azzanadra posted:

e: they also pumped up the price of 1-day rental magnum ammo. It is now 333gp for a day. Pretty sure it was in the 200s before.

It was. I really hope they change this soon, cause I really miss messing around. I barely had enough for renting a bunch of stuff for one day, now I can't rent poo poo.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Of course, this happens after I get a perm AK from a mission chance pack. goddammit

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
News from the forums: http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=637091

Basically, 1day are ZEN only now, and 3day GP options should be available after maintenance or whatever. Apparently they're about twice as expensive as 1day GP rentals. Some other stuff too.

Specto fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 20, 2013

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Also, they added more missions. copy/pasted from the site:

Devoted Agent (Part 2): Kill 70 enemies. Prize is two Mission Chance Packs. (Daily)

Winner!: 10 Wins: Get 10 wins in any game modes. Prize is a 1,000 GP token. (Daily)

Consolation Prize: Lose 30 games. Prize is a Mission Chance Pack. (Daily)

Behind Enemy Lines: Get 3 flag captures in 3 hours. Prize is a 500 GP token

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Habermann posted:

I took a break from the game to see if I could still "cut it" at Quake-likes. As it turns out, I can't! As punishment for my taking a break, I can barely scratch 1:1 now in TDM, and consistently fall just short of 1st in FFA. Part of this is due in part to being out of practice, but I also feel like my old weapon and armor builds might not be viable anymore?

So, I'm going to ask a few questions here, and see if the answers can't help me get back to where I used to be.

1) What is the best "medium" armor build, as far as having a good trade-off between health and speed? I still want at least 2 item slots for my tomahawk and a grenade, but if there's a way to squeeze in a third slot, that would be ideal.

2) I'm finding myself losing in 1v1s against people with ARs, even when I'm rolling with what seems to be the ideal AK build. What's up with that? Is the AR more viable than the AK now or something? What should I be using for quickly putting high, accurate damage on enemies in medium range?

3) I used to be a vocal advocate for the TSMG. Now, I can't even manage to get a kill with the stupid thing. Which of the SMGs should I be using, and what should I be speccing it towards?

1) I think the break-guard chest piece has 2 gear slots without sacrificing much. You could always try the Foxcat/Breakguard/Colossus build if you aren't already (224 health, decent runspeed/stamina and 4 gear slots)

2) The AK is still a bit better in my experience, so I don't know what's up here. It might be the recoil? You could also try a more accurate build( I use copperhead/leatherneck/redsand stabilizer, works well for me).

3) They are all good. I've had better luck with damage builds for all the SMGs, but as long as your damage doesn't go too low (40 is a good minimum, TSMG 35-38 dam works best) it should be fine.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Can't wait until I get it. :allears: Would it be of any use to a 152 hp build? Or would I be too squishy to make use of it?

I'm not to sure if it slows you down, but a shield is always useful, either on hand or set down(especially in choke points).

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Man, this game sometimes...

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Geekslinger posted:

Though your k/d ratio was better your match score was lower than the other guys. Take out your rival, kill the team warlord, or destroying prox mines and HRV cloaks will give you easy match points.

Look at the top of the scoreboard: 6-5 usually doesn't happen on S&D. Also, the attacking team in the second half spawned twice near the bombsites.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:confused: That's like every other S&D game I play. It figures that the worst gametype would drag on the most.

the team score. S&D consists of 10 rounds. 6+5 doesn't equal 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Does Blacklight suck up an ungodly amount of memory on anyone else's computers? That might explain the hitching and freezing and crashing I'm experiencing fairly often.

Same here, it's even worse than pre-parity patch. I can't even finish 1 match before it crashes.

• Locked thread