Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Started reading this on a recommendation recently, about 50 chapters in and it's a real fun read so far! I still think the premise is pretty creepy/weird(wooing them, saving them with a kiss, and then they forget everything, though maybe that will change with recent "revelations"? Probably not) but it's still amusing and the cutesy way Elsie goes super-deformed is hilarious. Also her obsession with fire trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If it's not on the retroactively series-ruining level of Usagi Drop's manga finale arc, I will probably just finish it since I tend to not leave things unread.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's unfortunate but not the end of the world.

Just finished chapter 64, it'd be nice to have another more constant character aside from Elsie, Katsuragi, and mom. And she has a neat gimmick. Nora and Ryou seem to be the Team Rocket for TWGOK, wonder if they'll show up a bunch. I really liked the sudden shift to Elsie returning home to hell and interacting naturally with most everyone too.

Still cute, and Elsie still rules. :allears:

Edit, it's exposition time, it's exposition time!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 4, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HiveCommander posted:

Poor ramen girl gets forgotten

Just finished that one and it really reminded me of Ranma with the awful food. It was a good one but a bit disposable and had too little Elsie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Keima throwing up his own skull from being so mortified at Elsie's terrible explanation of what his job is to Diana got me guffawing. I don't really like him as a character but his reactions are priceless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Body swap storyline, this is about the point I'd say a series is running out of ideas, but I figure there's plenty more good stuff ahead past this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Best Arc, Best Girl.

Yeah after reading it it was actually really good for a body swap thing. Most of them are really bland but that was fantastic and has the best ending.

Great reaction faces :allears:

I love the tamagotchi-mouth faces the artist draws.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hahaha, man, they're just running the gamut of fetishes! Shrinking, body swap, now giantess? She's got an interesting attitude, at least.

edit: chapter 97 :stare:

That got pretty dark for a bit, but all's well that ends well! Hinoki was a great character and her fight with her sister was brutal as hell, that was a real messed-up looking spirit that came out of it all.

And I knew that teacher was more than just background dressing when the teacher-in-training got the capture arc instead of her. It figures that's who she turned out to be. :smug:

edit: as of the beginning of chapter 102 Keima continues to be a totally heinous and bland shitheel. He's shown smidgens of interesting character development occasionally throughout the story only for that to get thrown completely out the window pretty much as soon as any arc is over. Now he's just kicking the puppy(Elsie) with his aloofness. He sucks and is pretty much the one character I totally dislike as a character(and rather not for what happens to him) in the series so far.

edit: 102: oh okay, he wants to cheer her up, MAYBE HE'S HAVING A CHANGE OF HEART(!!!)

edit: 102: OH THE SHENANIGANS

105: Diana, you schemer :allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 5, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw, Kanon has the goddess in her? She is the least interesting of the capture girls. Boo-urns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Decided to blitz the entire goddess saga at once. I'll post more later, but for now, just saying that the person who said it was all downhill from the Yui arc was wroooooooongggggg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reading the next arc, and I like urara as a character. I DO NOT like her as a source of fan service, it's just gross. I think that page with her scantily clad in her adult form, cleavage hanging out, with "Urara Shiratori(age 7)" was THE MOST ANIME image I have seen in a long loving time. It was just gross.

And I just reached this Kanon poo poo. What? Why?

Other than fan service complaints, I am largely enjoying this so far though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know that, and that's fine so long as there's no more dumb Kanon side stories.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thanks for replying with vague spoilers because you're bitter and unsatisfied with the ending I guess? Think I'll avoid the thread until I've finished the series then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kaori sucks and is a boring character, this school thing is dragging on too long, looks like I'm heading towards the "mess of an ending" or whatever! :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That Romeo and Juliet gag was pretty loving outstanding

edit: Romeo and Juliet with Terminators, yep yep

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 9, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I had a feeling that if Dokurou didn't die conveniently in the past, that she'd show up in the present, and since that jerkass ~mysterious~ teacher was never accounted for and they both have black hair, I figured it out pretty quickly once the neckbands started showing up, since a studded neckband on a teacher of all people is preeeetty weird!

Nice Chekhov's Gun. Not One Piece-caliber, but good enough!

The school poo poo was still too long for my liking but tolerable.

edit: I like how this double triangle-horned devil is just a gigantic sweets pig. Every panel with her in it it seems she has some kind of candy or soda.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 9, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Finished it! I liked it a lot, and it was nowhere near as terrible as some said! It dragged sometimes especially during the school part and I can definitely see how it would feel rushed, especially wrapping it all up neatly in a bow in like four chapters, but it was a fun epilogue with some neat tricks.

The fight between that horned chick and Dokurou was intense and real drat graphic, definitely wasn't expecting that. Especially a loving snake-worm-thing made out of an exacto blade, fuuuuuck! :gonk:

I feel real bad for Tenri, having to shoulder all that burden knowing there was no future for her love, but she'll find someone else I'm sure. I was in the Ayumi or Yui camp myself, but knew Chihiro was going to be the one at least a hundred chapters ago.

I think the most "rushed" evidence thing was Elsie, Nora, and Haqua. Whoops, changed the entire backstory of this character that's been around since day 1 in the last ten chapters, sorry bout that! But I'm cool with it because I didn't really want to see any unhappy end for Elsie of all the characters. Nora and Haqua were pretty much forgotten about until the author had to wrap things up which kinda sucked.

This series had absolutely zero right to be as good as it was based on the premise. It's really impressive that it was so great and consistently hilarious. I still, at the end, don't like Keima, I feel like his character development came far too late for me to give a poo poo about it, but at least he became slightly less of a dick.

Thanks to whoever suggested it to me, though your name is now lost to the ages. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BlitzBlast posted:

TWGOK has pretty much no right to be as good as it is considering its premise.

Ahahahahaha I wasn't reading any of the replies but it's really great that I had nearly verbatim the same exact reaction to it. :v:

• Locked thread