Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Bullet bills remind me that this game exists and that I spent several hours playing it back in the day: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/583774

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The zapper is basically a tube with a light sensor. The trigger makes the game flash. So you see this:

because it's really fast. But if you took a screenshot at the exact moment you pull the trigger, you'd see this:

and at the exact same time, that's what the light gun sees. However, the light gun sensor is way back in the barrel, which limits its field of view. So all it sees (assuming you hit a duck) is this:

and if you miss, it just sees black, and you miss.

At least, that's more or less my understanding of it.

Also, Keith mentioned a purple zapper. I thought the sega genesis light bazooka had purple elements, but a search shows me otherwise, and I can't find any other purple light guns. So, it might have been a knockoff or something.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Duracell still makes those batteries with the tester strips, I almost bought some the other day when I needed more AAs for my Xbox.

I also remember you could get those tester strips separate, I remember having one that you wrapped around a battery and tried to press to the contacts. It worked about as well as it sounds, and if it got creased it wouldn't work.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mario Teaches Typing, now part of this complete breakfast.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

At least in the castle the background music isn't a complete audio catastrophe.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

XavierStudios posted:

Damnit, Keith, you almost figured out how to draw over the game this episode.

So close and yet so faaaar

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Keith, you realize you can turn off search histories and similar stuff on Google, right?

Google resets it with every search because they know better than you what you want, but click the little global to remove personal preferences from the search. (It changes nothing most of the time anyways)

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm guessing it was Atrus that painted the pictures in the castle, during his art school phase. Or maybe Sirrus or Achenar, since the worlds aren't really complete.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I can't tell which is real!

Edit: there are actually seven different OCB variant twitters, a couple of which haven't been set up, and I wouldn't be confident in calling any one of them an official account.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

ColdPie posted:

The plot twist in RunButton Plays Mario season 3 is that Keith was the drat gay-rear end rock all along.

drat rear end loving gay drat rear end thwomp

• Locked thread