Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Y'know, I kind of wish they'd added in a Day in the Life Of one of the grunts who helps clean up the carnage left by the Angels' destruction during that recap episode ~midway through the series.

ancient posts, from ancient times-

quote:

nobody realizes how important i am to this operation. commander ikari is just about the only person here who has higher security clearance than me. oh yeah make fun of the janitor but i bet my clearance level is higher than yours. yeah you simon. you think being division supervisor of engineering makes you a big man? im head loving janitor. who do you think windex's the creepy rear end tanks in the secret rei cloning room? oh you didnt know about that did you? yeah cause your not loving allowed in there. oh yeah. theyre naked. ever smoked a joint and than mopped the floor, surrounded by 400 identical naked 14 year olds, blasting sabbath? didnt think so. cause youre bush league simon. youre going nowhere. have fun working with super bitch ritsuko every goddam day you poor sucker. i almost pity you.

quote:

i asked misato for a personal day friday cause maiden is doing a show in tokyo 3. she said it was fine, so im in the car with derek driving to the show rocking out in his mom's chevy cavalier when i get paged. oh god...i almsot tell derek to turn around but its maiden and theyre only in town for one night. thank god i was rocking too hard to hear my pager going off every 5 minutes. i get home too exhausted to check it and pass out. i wake up to about 700 frantic voice messages. i guess some stupid monster got into terminal dogma. leave it to nerve to get their asses kicked by a monster with toilet paper for arms. anyways, unit 01 is a loving mess. it needs brand new paint and i have nothing left in our budget for 3000 gallons of "1398 passion plum violet" so i guess its going to have to wait until i can get a special budgetary restriction waiver from seelee and we all know how long it takes to get anything done through that beurocracy, ill probably be retired by the time i get the paperwork back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Manga NGE Update:

I hated Kaworu's death. I enjoyed the friction between him and Shinji, I understood what Sadamoto was going for by having them be a bit more combative rather than insta-best friends, but it still sucked. Kaworu basically asked Shinji to kill him so that Shinji will forever be traumatized by what he did. That was the only reason.

gently caress you Kaworu.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
The fourth rebuild film is no longer Eva 4.0, it is Eva 3.0 + 1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LUOHvUK6pM

WHatt could it mean??????

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

WHatt could it mean??????

Oh boy, this is gonna be fuckin' magical.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep, gonna have to watch this one on shrooms. :catdrugs:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wait.

Was the monkey a part of that trailer or

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Is this from a recent airing of Evangelion 3.0 on television?

I refuse to believe this is nothing more than a wonderful prank.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Console Role Player posted:

Is this from a recent airing of Evangelion 3.0 on television?

You hit the nail on the head.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
They're going to loop and remake the remake

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wait.

Was the monkey a part of that trailer or

Planet of the Apes TV spot if you ask me.

Spectral
Mar 24, 2013
The website has been updated to reflect the new title, so no it's not a prank. Except in the way that the entirety of Evangelion is.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

It's going to be 90 minutes of telling what happened between 2.0 and 3.0 and then a 3D remake of the end of episode 26

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrPop posted:

It's going to be 90 minutes of telling what happened between 2.0 and 3.0 and then a 3D remake of the end of episode 26

I'd pay money for that.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Maybe they'll just show 3.0 and then 1.0 back to back

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Yep, gonna have to watch this one on shrooms. :catdrugs:

...you don't automatically?!

I watched this on LSD once and good grief the piano duet in 3.33 gave me some ~emotions~
it's honestly better without drugs in my opinion.

E: also that trailer was BS. I want my fanservice, dammit!

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 5, 2014

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Okay. That's news, and I have reacted to it.

:smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Still Waiting For That Fanservice: Neon Genesis Evangelion

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I wonder if that 3+1 implies they'll be revisiting the missing period between 2 and 3 while moving forward at the same time. Or maybe it'll just be a lucid dream between two apes swinging through the forest. And afterwards they sit down for a refreshing sip of TANG

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Sigh, with film the being more than likely out in the year its set, Anno is going to go as meta as he can with this one, like really milk it this time.

I fear acid alone will not be enough to comprehend the groundhog-esk, subtextual, fourthwall breaking mind gently caress that this final film will be.

Or not, who knows.

But I just got this weird feeling, this weird feeling, that it will not be anything remotely straight forward.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's gonna be good.

DiscoMouse
May 16, 2005

by XyloJW
It will (not) be good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anno clearly got worried about Tomino stealing his Angry Old Man Yelling At Fans hype and is working to build it back up.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Still waiting on 3.33 and that one doesn't even have CG apes!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's gonna be great

it's gonna be great

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress it, I'm in.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Sigh, with film the being more than likely out in the year its set, Anno is going to go as meta as he can with this one, like really milk it this time.

I fear acid alone will not be enough to comprehend the groundhog-esk, subtextual, fourthwall breaking mind gently caress that this final film will be.

Or not, who knows.

But I just got this weird feeling, this weird feeling, that it will not be anything remotely straight forward.

Don't forget there was a timeskip.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna be EoE all over again, except with better visuals, and maybe another strangling scene.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Asuka is going to turn into a car and drive Shinji to self-actualization.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Shinji is gonna do instrumentality again but it will just cause everything to start over again. A rebuild of rebuild if you will.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That would be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they take as long as they need, even if its like 3 or 4 or 5+ years, I don't care. If Rebuild 4 ends up being half the movie EoE was it'll still be the best movie of whatever decade it ends up coming out in.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0? Seriously? Whatever, in for a penny in for a pound, lets see where this is going.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Nah, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBADDqMUs0

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The power to revolutionize the world is REALLY hosed up.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I guess that would make the DVD release 3.33+1.11? I pray I'll be around to see that happen but I'm already in my twenties....

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I hope it's 3 hours of the main 3 walking over a hill with piano music playing.

Then apes?

I feel the ride is never going to end.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's actually a prequel to 2001 is why.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Rebuild's version of Instrumentality will be that old clip of a monkey drinking his own pee playing on a loop while the characters discuss what dreams and reality are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Crossing my fingers for the characters observing and commenting on past versions of themselves (read: TV footage)