Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Natalya

Fortunately for those having arrived in suits, they were quickly spared the indignity of being the most incongruous stand-outs in the room by the arrival of Natalya, who had spent several years and a sizable amount of money ensuring that no matter where she went, she would be one of the most noticeable people in any given place at any given time.

Tail idly twitching as her cybernetic legs gracefully propelled her across the floor, she tsked sympathetically at the sight of the bartender's outdated cyberlimb...such a pity, with the right augs she could truly be stunning...then flashed the woman a grin as her booth was indicated, artfully sliding into her seat and crossing one digitigrade leg over the other.

children overboard posted:

"You're here," Kale smiles, puffing on his cigarette, the kind of noxious, pure, unfiltered cigarette that's been banned in the UCAS for 40 years. He's drinking an unremarkable local macrobrew called San Miguel. A patriot's drink. Kale taps a button on the scuffed screen of his commlink, transferring a few bucks to the bar. The white noise generator built into the side of the booth starts projecting a low-level of messy random noise radially outwards from the table, quiet enough to talk over, loud enough to confound anyone trying to eavesdrop.

"I'm Kale. This is Nail," the fixer nods at the ork opposite. "It is his friend at the docks who'll be smoothing the delivery of your gear to Lagu Lagu.

"Our flight leaves in an hour. So take a seat. Have a drink. Tell me, so I can put names to faces," he says, pushing his glasses up his nose, eyes flicking to something projected on the lenses. "Who's who?"

"Oh please, darling," Natalya chuckled, her English lightly accented. "Surely you don't need me to tell you who I am." It was less a boast (well, not entirely) and more a simple statement of fact...generally speaking, people didn't tend to mistake her for someone else. But the man in the suit simply stared at her with the aggravating sort of patience of somebody working their way down a checklist and determined to complete it, and she sighed in exasperation, rolling her violet eyes. "Tsk, fine. I am Natalya Voronova, and I am sure it is very nice to meet all of you whoever you are, just as I am sure it will be most delightful to meet this Mr. Newport of yours once we finally arrive." After four hours spent cooped up on a plane from Vladivostok to Manila, even a private charter, Natalya wasn't looking forward to repeating the experience. Long periods of sitting around doing nothing didn't suit her.

She glanced over the bar's menu out of the corner of her display...it certainly wasn't the fanciest place she'd ever been (some of which she'd even had an invitation for) but it was far from the worst. "I will have a Logic Bomb," she said, choosing to mix whatever cheap vodka the bar happened to stock with ne0n, a vividly colored energy drink with B vitamins, electrolytes, and a truly unhealthy amount of caffeine.

pre:
Street Name: Gecko (геккон)
Name: Natalya Voronova
Movement: 15/37, Swim: 5
Street Cred: 6 (+2)
Notoriety: 1
Public Awareness: 2
Human Female
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 8
Lift/Carry: 9 (90 kg/60 kg)
Memory: 5
Nuyen: $25,872

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3 
AGI: 5 (7, Cyberlimbs 9, Avg. 8)
REA: 4 (5)
STR: 3 (Cyberlimbs 9, Avg. 6)
CHA: 3
INT: 5
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 3 

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   0.65 (+0.2 open)
Initiative:                9 (10)
IP:                        1 (2)
Physical Damage Track:     12 ([ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ])
Stun Damage Track:         10 ([ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ])

== Active Skills ==
Automatics                 : 2                      Pool: 9 (Submachine Guns 11)
Climbing                   : 4                      Pool: 13 Average
Con                        : 1                      Pool: 4 (Fast Talk 6)
Exotic Melee Weapon        : 2                      Pool: 11 (Foot Blades)
Gymnastics                 : 4                      Pool: 15 Average
Infiltration               : 6                      Pool: 14 Average (Urban 16)
Locksmith                  : 1                      Pool: 8 (Pin Tumbler 10)
Navigation                 : 2                      Pool: 7 (Urban 9)
Parachuting                : 2                      Pool: 5 (BASE Jumping 7)
Perception                 : 3                      Pool: 8 (Hearing 10)
Pilot Aircraft             : 1                      Pool: 9 Average (Glider 11)
Pilot Ground Craft         : 1                      Pool: 9 Average (Bike 11)
Pistols                    : 2                      Pool: 9 (Semiautomatics 11)
Running                    : 4                      Pool: 13 Average
Shadowing                  : 3                      Pool: 8 (Tailing 10)
Swimming                   : 4                      Pool: 13 Average
Throwing Weapons           : 1                      Pool: 8 (Lobbed 10)

== Knowledge Skills ==
Security Design            : 4                      Pool: 6 (Physical 8)
International Party Scene  : 4                      Pool: 9
Transhuman Body Mod Culture: 4                      Pool: 9
Security Companies         : 3                      Pool: 8

== Knowledge Skills ==
English (Native)
Russian (Native)
Chinese 3
German 3
Filipino 3 (Linguasoft)

== Contacts ==
Bobby Lao, Hong Kong fixer and infobroker (5/5)
Lagu Lagu Labour Union (3/2 [4 for Natalya])

== Qualities ==
Addiction (Mild) (Alcohol) -5
Distinctive Style -10
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker) -5
Prejudiced (Bioconservatives) -5
Wanted -10

Bilingual 5
Inspired 5
Restricted Gear 5 (custom Raptor cyberlegs)

== Lifestyles ==
Middle, 1 month

== Cyberware/Bioware ==
Synthecardium x3
-Total Cost $30,000, Essence 0.3 (0.15), Avail. 12
-+3 dice pool bonus to all Athletics Skill Group Tests

Muscle Toner x2
-Total Cost $16,000, Essence 0.4 (0.2), Avail. 10
-+2 to Agility

Sleep Regulator
-Total Cost $10,000, Essence 0.15 (0.07), Avail. 8
-Only requires 3 hours of sleep per night, can remain awake
up to 48 hours with no ill effects

2x Full Modular Cybernetic Legs w/Customization (Str +3, Agi +3),
Raptor Cyberlegs (pair), Bulk Modification x7, Enhancements
(Str x3, Agi x3), Hydraulic Jacks x6, Grip Feet, Cyberspurs
-Total Cost $109,400, Essence 2, Avail. 19
-+6 dice pool bonus for jumping tests, +120% maximum jump distance, 
reduce falling damage by 12 meters, +3 dice pool bonus to Gymnastics 
Tests including Gymnastics Dodge tests, +2 dice pool bonus on 
non-tumbling Gymnastics and Climbing Tests, +2 Strength bonus to kicking 
and Exotic Melee Weapon attacks, Str/2+3P cyberweapon damage

Alpha Grade Balance Tail
-Total Cost $11,000, Essence 0.35, Avail. 9
-+2 dice pool bonus to all tests involving balance (climbing, 
jumping, walking narrow ledges, falling, etc.), increase Body 
by 1 for determining knockback in combat

Alpha Grade Cybereyes Rating 4 w/Eye Recording Unit, Flare Compensation, 
Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Ocular Drone, Smartlink, 
Thermographic Vision, Vision Magnification
-Total Cost $18,500, Essence 0.35, Avail. 8

Alpha Grade Cyberears Rating 2 w/Balance Augmenter, Damper, Ear Recording 
Unit, Sound Link, Spatial Recognizer
-Total Cost $14,500, Essence 0.21, Avail. 4
-+1 bonus die to all tests involving balance (climbing, jumping, 
walking narrow ledges, falling, etc.), +2 dice pool bonus to 
Perception Tests to locate sounds, +2 dice pool bonus to resist
sonic attacks

Alpha Grade Wired Reflexes x1
-Total Cost $22,000, Essence 1.6, Avail. 8

Alpha Grade Datajack
-Total Cost $1,000 Essence 0.07, Avail. -

Beta Grade Internal Air Tank
-Total Cost $2,600 Essence 0.15, Avail. 16
-Can hold breath for up to 2 hours, protects from inhalation-vector
toxins, refilling air tank takes 5 minutes through an intake valve or
six hours of normal breathing

== Armor ==
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit 6/6
   + Biomonitor
   + Nonconductivity 3
   + Thermal Damping 5
   + Ruthenium Polymer Coating

== Weapons ==
Ares Predator IV
   +Smartgun System
   +Silencer
   +Underbarrel Weight
   Pool: 13   DV: 5P   AP: -1   RC: 1
Ingram Smartgun X
   +Smartgun System
   +Detachable Folding Stock
   +Integrated Suppressor
   +Chameleon Coating
   +Sling
   Pool: 13   DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 2(3)
Cyberspur, leg mounted
   Pool: 11   DV: 8P   AP: -    RC: 0

== Gear ==
Ares Predator IV w/Underbarrel Weight $375
-4 Spare Clips w/EX Explosive ammunition ($155 per magazine)
-4 Spare Clips w/Stick-n-Shock ammunition ($125 per magazine)
-Silencer $200
Ingram Smartgun X w/Chameleon Coating, Sling $1,665
-5 Spare Clips w/regular ammunition ($70 per magazine)
-3 Spare Clips w/EX Explosive ammunition ($325 per magazine)
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit w/Nonconductivity,
  Thermal Damping, Ruthenium Polymer Coating $14,700
Sony Emperor w/Renraku Ichi OS & Sim Module $1,400
Simrig $1,000
Mapsoft 6 (Yomi Island) $30
Linguasoft 3 (Filipino) $1,500
Fake SIN 4 (Yelena Kuznetsova, physical security evaluator and consultant) $4,000
Autopicker 6 $1,200
Chisel $20
Lockpick Set $300
Maglock Passkey 4 $8,000
Miniwelder $250
Maglock Sequencer 4 $800
Wire Clippers $25
Glasscutter $10
Climbing Gear $200
Gecko Tape Gloves $250
Gas Mask $200
Respirator 6 $150
GPS $200
Rappeling Gloves $70
Grapple Gun $500
Microwire, 100 meters $50
Stealth Rope w/Catalyst Stick, 100 meters $85
Suzuki Mirage Racing Bike $6,500
Middle Lifestyle 1 month $5,000
$2,100 starting nuyen
---
Goggles w/Ultrasound, Vision Enhancement 3
Glue Sprayer
2 High Explosive Grenades
2 Flashbang Grenades
3 Smoke Grenades
2 Thermal Smoke Grenades
3 Stim Patches (Rating 6)
1 Tranq Patch (Rating 10)
3 Licenses (Rating 4 each, Firearms, Augmentations, Bonded Security Consultant)
2 MetaLink prepaid commlinks

== Misc. Bonuses ==
+2 to all Gymnastics Tests including Gymnastics Dodge tests, further +2 to all
non-tumbling Gymnastics Tests, +11 total to Jumping Tests, +5 total to Climbing 
Tests, additional +3 to all tests involving balance, falling, etc., +3 to all 
Athletics Skill Group rolls (factored in to base dice pools), +120% maximum jump 
distance, reduce falling damage by 12 meters, +2 to Perception Tests 
to locate sounds, +2 to resist sonic attacks, +2 Strength bonus to kicking and 
Exotic Melee Weapon attacks using leg-mounted weaponry 

Raised Edge from 2 to 3 - 15 karma
Purchased Throwing Weapons 1 and Lobbed specialty - 6 karma
Re-raised Edge from 2 to 3 - 15 karma
Purchased Con 1 and Fast Talk specialty - 6 karma

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mystic Mongol posted:

Vincent Coll

Vincent's surprise at the Natalya's drastic augmentations manifests only as a single raised eyebrow. He slides over in the booth to make room for her, and listens to her introduction with a thin smirk. "Well," he says as she finishes, "It certainly is an impressive body you've had built---given the raw materials, of course."

Natalya

Natalya's grin returned wider than before at the back-handed compliment, reaching across the table (and anyone else who happened to be sitting between them) and patting Vincent affectionately on the cheek. "Aw, why thank you, that's so sweet of you to say. And don't worry, maybe one day you can trade in that suit for a sense of style too," she said before breaking into laughter.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Vicissitude posted:

Rodney

Rodney doesn't often drink. The good Doctor was very firm on avoiding any potential toxins poisoning the body and that much has stayed with him now that he's out on his own. Still, this was as close to a vacation as he was going to have anytime soon, so might as well indulge just a little.

"Nice to meet you all. I don't have any sort of fun nickname, though. I'm Rodney. It's a boring name, but it's mine. So what's everyone's talent? I'm pretty handy with a pair of pistols, personally. How about you?"

Natalya

Natalya pouted as Vincent ignored her teasing in favor of the other man in a suit, like being drawn to like she supposed, and leaned back in her seat. "Hm? Oh yes, pistols...I do some of that myself, but it is more of a hobby really. Or perhaps a sideline. Sometimes it is a perk." Her insouciant grin fell away for a moment, a professional bearing asserting itself about her like a switch had been flipped. "I specialize in on-site physical infiltration and intrusion, security and counter-security assessment, and retrieval of high-value assets. I do not do computers or hardware, both are very boring and I leave them to other people who find them more entertaining."

She turned towards Noise as if seeing him for the first time, looking the troll up and down though apparently she found his height or lack thereof (relatively) utterly unremarkable. "You do hardware, you say? Good, excellent. You see? Already we are coming together as a team. I do infiltration, he does hardware, that one does...whatever it is he does," she went on, waving a hand dismissively towards Vincent. "And since I am here, anything else that the rest of you do will be that much more stylish by association."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Baby Babbeh posted:

Stormcrow

"Good. I think this will work out well. A lot of corp security jobs have you babysitting amateurs, but you lot seem solid enough. I was worried."

Natalya

And just like that Natalya's grin returned full force accompanied by another laugh. "Amateurs? Darling, please...I am a professional."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"For those of you who are interested, the splintered Huk ultranationalists are the main groups that are suspected to be behind various bombings and kidnappings. I don't want to bore you, Mr Coll, with an 'orientation lecture' about the history of my country being torn apart, but when the Japanese invaded those of us who fought back called ourselves the Hukbalahap, an old name from World War II meaning The Nation's Army Against the Japanese.

"Cut forward several decades of brutal guerrilla fighting and merciless reprisals on our civilian populations. When our leader Bernardo Culala finally brokered a ceasefire--ceding parts of the south to the Japanese--there were some Huk rebels who refused to give up fighting until all of our country was back in Filipino hands. They kept the name, and they kept fighting. The rebels are hard men and women, and pitiless. They had to be to survive the war."

He's interrupted as the bartender brings over a tray of drinks and starts doling them out. She makes some assumptions about who ordered what and places the cocktail in front of Natalya and the sake in front of Stormcrow.

"Thank you Lani. Anyway," Kale says, flicking a tip her way with the swipe of his commlink screen, relaxing again as he reaches for another beer. "As an aside, I should let you all know that 'Yomi' is the Japanese name for the Island, and not popular amongst any Filipinos, be they Huk or Culala Loyalist. Mr Crow could tell you perhaps," he says, looking to the mage. "Is it correct that in Japanese the word Yomi basically means 'hell'?"

Natalya

"Spasibo," Natalya said as she took the fluorescent purple drink that was set down in front of her and drained half of it in a single pull, sighing contentedly as the bracing mixture of B-12, glucuronolactone, and distilled spirits worked their own brand of magic.

"These rebels," she finally said as she lowered her glass, running a fingertip along the rim. "I understand the problems that you are having with them, it was mentioned in the message that your Mr. Newport sent to me. But if he is a smart man, and the fact that he has offered to pay me a great deal of money to retain my services indicates that this is so, then I assume that he is also aware of my skillsets and of the work I have done before. Which indicates to me that perhaps he has in mind other work for us as well besides running around in the jungle hunting rebels and the occasional wild animal, yes?"

"Not that I have any objections to doing either of those things, of course," she added with a toss of her asymmetrical hair before downing the rest of her drink with a satisfied smack of her lips, "I am always happy to help a man of abundant wealth and discriminating taste as your Mr. Newport. But he is not the only corporate interest interested in Whatever-It-Should-Be-More-Appropriately-Referred-To-As Island, and I imagine that these rebels are not the only concern that weighs heavily upon him, am I right?," she asked, smiling coquettishly.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya's own smile slowly became something much more predatory as she listened to the man in the suit, the other man in the suit whatever his name was, outline the unspoken employment prospects awaiting them once they arrived on Yomi or Lagu Lagu or whatever the locals felt like calling it. With corporations the question was never if, merely when. "Mmm...good, good," she chuckled. "Oh, this exciting opportunity gets more and more exciting by the minute. Your Mr. Newport and I are going to have a very fruitful working relationship together, I can tell."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

"I personally hope, Mr Coll, that your boast of accomplishing in days what has taken us weeks turns out to be well placed. That would be money well spent for the Newport Group. It is no secret that our conventional forces have failed. That is why I recommended hiring you."

He puts down his beer. Empty.

"Another drink, anyone?"

Natalya was only half listening as the two men in suits postured and circled around each other...metaphorically, it would have been more entertaining if they were doing so for real...but perked back up as Newport's intermediary turned his attention back towards the rest of them. "Mm? Oh, that is sweet of you but thank you no. I plan on drinking extensively aboard the plane anyway."

Mystic Mongol posted:

"But if they're afraid of tomorrow, of losing the tatters of their identity, that's an easy problem to fix. All we'll have to do is make them more afraid of us." He beckons to the bartender with two fingers, giving the group a chance to work over what he just said before continuing. "It has been suggested that I am not responsive to the input of my peers, so I'll leave this decision you, my beloved comrades," he says, struggling unsuccessfully to keep his customary sneer under control. "We can begin by visiting Mr. Newport and finding out just what closet he wants us to check for monsters. Or you could come with me into the jungle and plant the seeds of a true campaign of memetic aggression."

This time when she turned to regard the man who had smirkingly commented on her body earlier, Natalya looked him over appraisingly with a long, expressionless sweep of her eyes before speaking again. "I'm sorry, but I am only being paid enough to listen to one man in a suit, and right now? You are not him. Perhaps if you want to make me a better offer," she said with a shrug, "then maybe we can see."

"There is some merit to what you say," she went on, "and I certainly do not mind being feared...though really, I am quite charming once you get to know me," she said with a grin, reaching over to ruffle Stormcrow's hair playfully before the grin vanished as quickly as it had come. "But when we reach Lagu Lagu, what I will do is meet with the man who is paying me to be there, and then I am going to go and check into my hotel. I have spent many hours on an airplane and I am about to spend many more on another airplane, after which my abundant reserves of patience and good cheer are likely to be at a critical low. We can go and make ourselves be feared tomorrow, after room service."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

"And there is a considerable amount of jungle," Kale adds. "Shall we find our boarding gate, then? I trust you are travelling unarmed. With my contacts at the airport, personal augments can be explained and will not be an issue--a number of my people carry such additions as scars of the war. But even I cannot smuggle an uzi on board a plane."

"I am as unarmed as I ever am," Natalya said, which wasn't "completely unarmed" but anyone who wanted to divest her entirely of weaponry was going to be taking their life into their own hands. "If someone attacks us onboard the airplane, eh, we can just have him kill them then," she went on, gesturing towards Stormcrow before waving her hand in Vincent's direction. "Or maybe he can talk them to death. And I am ready to depart when the rest of you are, provided that the rest of you are ready to depart quickly. The sooner we leave the sooner we arrive and the sooner we arrive the sooner we begin getting paid."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Kale approaches the young security guard who brandishes a hand-held metal detector. The young man smiles broadly as Kale approaches, taking the fixer's hand and shaking it warmly. Kale asks in Tagolog about the wellbeing of the young man's six children by name. After they are finished their cheery discussion about their families, Kale's voice gets low and gentle as he puts an arm around the young man's shoulder while he gestures towards your group. Nail picks up a few of the fixer's words including "veteran" and "wounded" and "replacement".

The young man nods understandingly, and respectfully waves you through the checkpoint without incident.

Natalya stood there quietly, looking around the airport with bored indifference as their contact smoothed the way for them on-board the plane that would carry them the rest of the way to the island. Though she gave no appearance of paying attention she listened in as the two men spoke, lips quirking as she heard the transparent excuses being offered...she could only imagine what the security guard thought of her "replacements"...but she was satisfied that the linguasoft she'd bought seemed to be working.

quote:

Five minutes later you're finding your seats onboard the twin-prop plane. The plane's PAN offers a little primer on the island including a few common phrases in Tagalog like "which way to the church?" and "what time is mass held?". The in-flight information says the flight will take about an hour. The plane's matrix uplink is slow but workable.

Amongst the suits, vacationers, and fly-in, fly-out workers, you spot a couple of figures who look like they just might be in your line of work. The red-headed ork seated next to Nail cursing in lilted Gaelic after his cyberlimb has just accidentally ripped his seatbelt out of its socket is one.

Glancing across the aisle, Natalya took in the sight of the ork struggling with his seatbelt. "Tsk, I know...it is shameful, is it not?," she said sympathetically. "Here we are in the 70's and still they have yet to invent an airplane accommodating to those of us who choose to be more than what we were born." She patted one of her legs, both uncomfortably folded up behind the seat in front of her, the space clearly not designed with augmentations such as hers in mind. "I am Natalya," she said, leaning over and offering the ork both her hand and a grin. "You are traveling to the island too then, yes? Oooh, may I see?" Without bothering to wait for a reply she began looking the ork's cyberarm over with the keen interest of an enthusiast.

Rolling Transhuman Body Mod Culture to see if it can tell me anything noteworthy about the ork's cyberarm JUST BECAUSE I CAN. If you feel like this is an in appropriate use of the skill then it can just be flavor. Otherwise three hits.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mystic Mongol posted:

e: Oh, someone beat me by three minutes. Look at the bright side, something to bond with him about!

Oh well, these things happen. Natalya's just going to pretend she doesn't know you.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya's expression goes from friendly to dark in a heartbeat. She had been content up to this point to allow the man in the suit to act however he felt like...the more he antagonized people the more likely he was to be shot at first, after all, which suited her just fine...but this was getting to be ridiculous.

"It's a bad job when I'm the one having to play the professional," she thought irritably to herself before standing up and holding her hands out to the steward and the woman approaching them down the aisle. "Everyone please. Please," she said, glaring at Vincent for emphasis before continuing on, "this has all been an incredible misunderstanding. The gentleman here is not having a cyberpsychotic episode, his arm is having uncontrolled myo-actuator spasms due to a problem with the firmware. You are using the CATco 700 series, yes?," she asked the ork though she already knew the answer. "That model is known for this particular glitch as well causing the occasional bout of neural feedback along adjoining nerve clusters...hot and cold, numbness and pricking sensations, things like that. Trust me, I am something of an expert," she said with a grin.

She turned her attention back to the ork, favoring him with another smile. "I suspect that the issue can be resolved with a firmware update. Sometimes the wireless connectivity on these CATco models becomes inadvertently disabled, it is quite frustrating. I suggest checking to see if that is the case and if so allowing your arm to synch with your commlink for a few moments to see if that does not resolve the matter, though I am certain that it will." And, she quietly hoped, resolve other matters as well.

Natalya didn't see any blade, but given that she was having a conversation with the man as this went down I figure she can hazard a guess that SOMETHING happened.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya frowned as the air marshal escorted the ork to a different part of the plane, giving him an apologetic look. "Trust me about the arm," she said in passing, pulling out her commlink and shooting him her contact information as he passed by. "And do let me know whether it solves your problems, yes?"

She slowly let out a breath before turning back to where Vincent sat, her expression unreadable for a moment before it flipped into a friendly smile once more. "Excuse me," she said to the woman in the Hawaiian shirt, "I cannot help but notice how anxious you seem. You are a nervous flier? I have been on many flights before and I know many tricks to help one relax...sometimes something as simple as a new seat can make all the difference. If you would like, perhaps we can trade seats and see if that helps?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

But the situation calms down. Hawaaiin shirt switches seats gratefully. A few minutes later Behan flicks Natalya a message.

::That looks like it fixed the arm. I owe you a couple latrines::

A second message a moment later.

::Latrines=drinks. Sorry, autocorrect. I have no fucken luck with technology. Shoot us a message if you end up downtown one night yeah? Heard Ilyas is a good bar for us jackoff all trades types::

Natalya couldn't help but giggle as she dashed off a quick reply. ::I'll be sure to take you up on that. Watch your back, sweetie...I hear it's a jungle out there.::

Matters having been smoothed over she leaned her seat back as far as she could, shifting back and forth for several minutes in a fruitless attempt to find a comfortable position for her legs before sighing and giving up. "So," she finally said to Vincent once the plane had taken off, her voice quiet and conversational, "I am sure that one of the others will have something to say to you when we land, perhaps the other man in the suit, perhaps not, but I imagine that they will only have boring things to say whereas I have useful advice to give. Now normally I would not care who you choose to piss off...the more you draw attention to yourself the more likely other people are to concentrate on shooting you instead of shooting at me. But this Mr. Newport has, for reasons known only to himself, decided that we are to work together on a team, which means that your actions do not simply reflect upon yourself, but the rest of us as well. Perhaps where you come from business is conducted with angry threats all the time, but out here you must learn to be more...adaptable."

She looked the elf over appraisingly. "By your accent, you are American, yes? I am guessing that wherever it is you are from, you had to leave in a great hurry...no commlink, no luggage that I saw. That is fine, there is no shame in that. It is a thing that happens to us all at one time or another. Every job is an opportunity to start fresh and rebuild. When we land and meet with our employer, you can politely inform him of your situation...lie if you want, there is no shame in that either...and I am sure he will be happy to provide you with the basic necessities. A commlink, a weapon." She plucked at his sleeve with her fingers. "Something to wear besides this suit. He is a rich man or else he would not be hiring us, yes? And from there, who knows? Perhaps this will be the job that earns you your fortune. Or perhaps you will be shot in the face like an rear end in a top hat," she said with a shrug. "Who can say?"

"Oh, and if you tell anybody else that we had this conversation I will shoot you in both kneecaps and use you as bait." Natalya gave him a lopsided grin. "We all have our reputations to maintain, yes?" That having been said, she hit the button on the ceiling to call a flight attendant, beckoning him over. "Excuse me, I will have all of your vodka please."

quote:

20 minutes later and you're on the ground. Oppressive tropical heat hits you as soon as you step out of the stairway onto the airport tarmac. The sky is hazy and the humidity must be close to a hundred. Sweat starts to prickle under your clothes. Across the monowire perimeter, thick jungle lends a sweet decaying organic smell to the otherwise acrid smoke that rolls out of the factory districts, where foreign corps have been able to set up massive plants without concern for environmental regulations or labour laws.

"Welcome to Lagu-Lagu," Kale says as he comes down the stairway after you, tossing his jacket over his shoulder and rolling up his sleeves. "Try not to let the heat get to you. Just accept that roughly five minutes after your last shower you will be sweating again."

Natalya stretched gratefully as she finally disembarked from the plane, reaching up to the sky with both arms...then sagging as the muggy heat hit her like an unpleasant spell. She had spent her fair share of time in places where the weather was perfect for a lazy day of sunbathing but was still more accustomed to colder, eastern European climates. Going from that to Lagu Lagu was like going from MDMA to Kamikaze.

She pulled down the zipper on her jumpsuit halfway, opening it up to the t-shirt beneath, then hooked her commlink to her belt and pulled the retractable jackcable from its port, plugging it into the datajack behind her earlobe and mentally dialing Hong Kong.

::Bobbyyyyy, I'm hoooome!::, she subvocalized. ::Well I finally made it to the island and you were right! It's a shithole. Buuuut if this Newport's money is good then I'll probably stick it out for a while, at least until the whole thing falls apart. I wanted to thank you again for arranging my flight out of Vladivostok on such short notice, tell your pilot friend thank you for me as well. I still need to meet up with Newport but once I've had a chance to settle in I promise I'll get another recording prepped and ready for you, okay?::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Emerald Rogue posted:

Added note for Natalya: "Thought you might be interested in the club-scene notes at the end. Ilya's looks like a good place for us to visit. Wanna check it out? I'm also curious about that Long Nights place - this island doesn't look big or weird enough to support a niche joint like that."[/i]

Natalya looked over the information that Noise had sent her way, skimming over the sections on the rebels...really, once you'd seen one insurgent group you'd seen them all...before shooting him a reply. ::As it so happens I'm owed a couple drinks at Ilya's, so I'd love to. Long Nights...either there are pathogens in the water here or that's the dumbest front for drugs I've ever heard of. I'm drinking bottled in the meantime just to be safe, but it could be worth checking out.::

ltr posted:

The heat and humidity may be a bit overwhelming to those not used to it, but after several years of island hopping, it really didn't effect Nail.

Stretching a bit to work out the kinks, he replies to Noise, "Kale would know if we're going straight to Newport or headed to get settled in and pick up your gear when it arrives. I don't even know if Newport is sending a car for for everyone, but my truck is in the parking lot and everyone can squeeze into it if needed, though Noise here will have to sit in the back, the cab is not really troll sized."

"My bike should also have been delivered along with the rest of my equipment," Natalya said, glancing around the tarmac with the watchful gaze of someone accustomed to being armed who currently wasn't. "If it is not I will be quite cross."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

"We do have a car waiting to take us to meet Mr Newport," Kale says as he steps outside the front door and lights up to take that first grateful puff. "I was happy to take Nail's truck but Mr Newport is big on appearances."

There's a shiny new black hummer waiting for you outside with the engine purring. "Come," says Kale, opening the car door and letting out a blast of near-arctic airconditioning. "We can have your weaponry delivered to the barracks later tonight. Trust me that you will not need such equipment simply to meet Mr Newport," he chuckles, then excuses himself to answer an incoming commlink call. "Good afternoon, Will."

The driver is a sturdy little dwarf named Gerraint with a heavy Welsh accent and a big Ruger holstered at his hip. He throws your bags in the back and then gets into the driver's seat and turns up the stereo to listen to some incomprehensible tunes from his homeland. Kale turns the music off again and taps the console to open up an audio-connection with Nail's truck so he can listen in too.

Meanwhile Bobby Lao's voice picks up on Natalya's line, a little crackly owing to the ad hoc matrix infrastructure here.

"Wai pang jau, Gecko! Glad you made it. You need anything, let me know. Rebellion makes it a little tougher to ship goods in--army's paranoid about people supplying arms to guerrillas. But no trouble for Bobby Lao, just takes a few more red packets in the right pockets is all. Look forward to your next show. Last base jump's still getting new hits every day but they want more, lah?"

::Dāngrán,:: Natalya replied with a giggle as she slid into the air-conditioned car gratefully. ::I know what my adoring public wants. I'll have to scout out the terrain first, take in the sights and see what there is to work with. So far all I'm seeing is jungle and dirt. Might have to get creative on this one-::

quote:

The cars have barely pulled out of the airport when Kale puts his commlink down a moment.

"Actually, change of plan. We are going to get the guns now. There has been an incident at our desalination plant. Nail, please follow our car."

::gently caress,:: she subvocalized irritably. ::Bobby, I'm going to have to call you back. You know how it is, work work work. Bǎozhòng, sweetie. I'll let you know if I kill anyone interesting.::

Terminating the connection she mentally dialed up the rest of the teams' commlinks backtracking from the message Noise had sent them earlier on the plane (minus Vincent who was still without any equipment, something they'd have to rectify once they arrived on-site rather than shaking down Newport), her voice emerging from various speakers and earbuds a moment later. ::Right, comms check.::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Once their came to a stop Natalya was out the door, zipping her jumpsuit back up again despite the oppressive heat as she quickly made her way over to the supply truck and keyed open the cargo containers carrying her equipment.

She silently called up the local mapsoft as she began checking over tools and pieces of gear before sliding them into pockets or hooking them to attachment points, half-listening to both the rebels' ultimatum and the cross-chatter over the comms as Newport's go-between found them an actual blueprint of the nearby facility. That earned a bit more of her attention, and she studied the layout carefully as she loaded a magazine into the Ingram, pulling the bolt back and letting it sync with her smartlink before slinging it over one shoulder.

::The direct approach is out,:: she subvocalized over the comms. ::Even with active camouflage it's too open with not enough cover. Guard on the ground is probably a trap...anybody tries to pull him out and they go down too. Also that garage looks like a good place to have an ambush set. At a guess, I like the processing shed for the hostages and the leader. No windows, no back door, the tower gets to overlook the entire area between it and the front entrance.::

She pulled her handgun out of the crate, slid a magazine home, then handed it to Vincent grip-first. "Here," she said. "I am assuming you know how to use one of these, yes? Just remember this is a loan, not a gift...I will be wanting that back."

::I say we circle around the south and approach the tower that way,:: she quickly switched back to subvocalizing. ::We'll be going in blind until we can get camera feeds though, and I can't cut the glass or they'll see it. If there's a rooftop entrance I could try that, shouldn't be a difficult climb. And hey, we've got a wizard, right? Have him do some wizard-y things.::

Mystic Mongol, you're free to use Natalya's pistol for this part if you want. Ares Predator IV, silencer and a smartlink along with 1 point of RC, along with magazines of EX Explosive and Stick-n-Shock.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Equipment checked and loaded, Natalya reached back and pulled her jumpsuit's hood over her head before pulling the built-in mask over her face, then sent a mental command through her commlink to activate the ruthenium polymer weave. The vivid purple and blue pattern melted away into solid white then faded away into invisibility, the casing on her legs following suit. Within moments only her eyes were visible, a rippling outline as she moved the only thing betraying her presence.

::Once you're in the system, see if there are any break-sensors in the fence and disable them,:: she subvocalized to Noise, ::and patch me in to any camera feeds you pick up. I'm heading south to the tower. Don't be too long now boys. You don't want to miss all the fun, do you?:: And with a laugh she vanished into the jungle, heading for the building from the other direction.

I'm going to cut through the jungle and swing around to the south side of the office building just outside the perimeter fence. I'm assuming that with tools it's possible to cut a gap in the fence to allow entrance but I don't want to do that until Noise checks and disables any security that might trigger an alarm if that happens. Alternately, how high is the perimeter and how close is the nearest tree? If all else fails I can climb up on the latter and jump over the former.

For now, an Infiltration check to approach the building gives me 5 successes. Natalya has both the equivalent of a Chameleon Suit and 5 points in Thermal Damping if that becomes relevant.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ltr posted:

I think it should be Vincent and Stormcrow as reporter/crew, Nail through the elevator, Snipey and Natalya through security and/or front door and up stairs if needed? And is Noise going in too?

I had planned on joining you on the rooftop/elevator approach if you don't mind the company. Stormcrow wants to heal the guard on the ground, but we have 30 minutes before hostages start getting shot so he should be able to do that and still pose as a cameraman if he wants to.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'll make a post after Noise relays all the info. If it's too risky for Stormcrow to venture out to heal the guy let me ask, would applying a Trauma Patch be enough to stabilize the guard? I ask because Snipey has some and has both Infiltration and a chameleon suit. That could buy us some time on that front.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Mystic Mongol posted:

"Being a reporter is easy, but we need a second warm body to make up an emergency news crew. I will need one of you to be my cameraman.... not you, dear," he says to Natalya. "You have no business behind a lens."

"Of course not darling," Natlaya agreed with a grin. "Clearly I belong in front of the cameras. Still, it is a good idea. We are in no grave hurry...well, perhaps he is," she said, gesturing towards the convulsing guard lying on the ground, "but otherwise we have no need to rush things. You see? You are adapting already."

Natalya slips around to the southern fence, readies her kit, and waits for word from Noise. If the fence is alarmed, you could indeed make the jump from one of the nearby trees (of course they cleared them a few metres back specifically so people couldn't do this, but they were accounting for regular people).

::I'm in position,:: Natalya relayed across the group's commnet once she has made her way to the south side of the tower overlooking the facility, hunkering down and watching from a concealing spot within the foliage. ::Looks quiet from this side.::

She watched as a quick flurry of images superimposed themselves over her field of vision, camera feeds from the inside of the building. Eyes flicking over the exterior of the tower, she quickly sorted the feeds into a mental 3D layout with practiced ease, mouth twisting into a moue of disappointment once she was finished. ::Aw, I lose the bet. Looks like they decided to put all their eggs in one basket after all. Tsk, that's just asking for trouble. Well at least we know where they all are.::

Slowly shifting in place, she studied the feeds carefully as the leader...there was the biomonitor strapped to his wrist...was apparently alerted to Noise's presence within the system. ::Hmm, now how did he know that I wonder? There's a guard on the ground floor too, still has his weapon. That seems like a strange thing to let one of your hostages keep, don't you think? Then again I suppose I'm not an insurgent leader. Maybe he has a reason to, hmm? Hmm.:: Her eyes scanned the list of options that sprung up in her AR overlay, paying particular attention to the one for the fence alarm.

While I gather that the notice about the fence alarm having a circuit error is intended to be a sign saying HEY THIS IS BROKEN, just as a formality I went ahead and rolled my Security Design skill for 2 hits to make sure that is what it means before I start cutting.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Satisfied with what she'd read, Natalya slowly crept forward with a chuckle and approached the fence, being careful not to move too quickly lest the camouflage have a hard time keeping up. ::So much for those break-sensors. Guess that's what happens when you drive a car through the fence. Oops. You worry about other things, sweetie,:: she subvocalized to Noise as she pulled out a pair of wire cutters, ::I've got things over here. Guess I'll save the fun way for later since we're on the clock.::

Working methodically and quietly she carefully clipped a hole in the fence outside the line of sight of any of the building's windows, making sure not to let any of the cut wires lash wildly once they were loosed, then slowly crawled inside and quickly made her way over to the corner of the building. ::And I'm in. South fence is open if anyone else wants to join me.::

She peered around the corner, eyes flicking through multiple spectra as she scanned the perimeter, and she grinned as she caught the telltale barely-noticeable shimmer of a chameleon suit next to the front door. ::I seeeeeee you,:: she subvocalized to their team's latest addition, laughing playfully. ::Hey new guy, if you do go and play DocWagon don't let that exterior camera catch whatever it is you do. And make sure he stays on the ground until this is all over too. Last thing we need is for you to patch him up just to watch him catch another bullet.::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ltr posted:

Nail through the elevator shaft
Would like 1 more with Nail. I'm guessing the shaft is big enough that we can fit two of us side by side.

That would be me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Fence slipped and plan apparently underway, Natalya glanced up the side of the building appraisingly. ::Sounds like it's showtime, boys. Break a leg,:: she sent over the commnet with a subvocal giggle before beginning her ascent up the tower.

18 bloody dice and I score 3 bloody hits. Well I'm halfway at least, no glitch either. Honestly, what's the point of having massive dicepools if they roll this badly?

Climbing using gecko gloves, sticking to the corner of the building to stay out of the windows. I'll go ahead and roll the next Climbing test whenever children overboard says I'm good to.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If we're tossing out suggestions, since Noise can not flip the window polarization (I'm assuming), that means that when it came time for the shooting to start he could do that and Snipey could try and take out the two barricaded behind the table on the ground floor through the window...there's enough of an angle on them that it looks like he'd have the shot.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Climbing take 2: 18d6t5 = 4 (Really? Well that's enough anyway.)

Infiltration: 16d6t5 = 7 (Go figure.)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Once the access panel slid aside, Natalya grabbed hold of the edge of the maintenance shaft and quietly lowered herself down, readying her weapon as Nail joined her. From what she'd seen on the cameras there would be three of them on this floor, one right by the elevator, one over the hostages, and one at the opposite corner of the room. Three rebels to deal with between the two of them...it was almost enough to make her feel sorry for them.

Almost.

::In position,:: she subvocalized across the commnet, taking up a place beside the elevator doors. ::If you can squelch that grenade now would be an excellent time to start, I can't say I'm especially fond of the prospect of exploding. I'm far too pretty to die.::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, I hate to gainsay someone but could we wait until the explosive thread is neutralized before we start putting holes in people? Like, that's a fine post and all, but let's save it until we have the all-clear from the guy defusing the bomb.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Fuckin' elves, man.

Welp, guess we're doing this. Rollin' init at 10d6t5 = 6 hits where it counts.

Initiative total 16 (IP 2)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

::Showtime!,:: Natalya sing-songed over the commnet as Nail opened the elevator doors for her, sauntering forward and whipping her Smartgun up and towards the rebel standing by the window. At this range she was close enough to see the look on his eyes as he turned towards the opening doors.

The Smartgun coughed as she sent a burst of hi-ex towards him from near point-blank range. Not pausing to survey the results she whipped around, smartlink hurrying to compensate for the sudden shift as she sighted down on the other conscious guard before he could respond and pulled the trigger a second time, gun bucking in her hand.

Man, Shadowrun combat involves a whole lot of stuff. I'm double checking everything and I hope I have this right. I also hope that I'm not going to make dumb tactical errors given that it's been a while since I've done this.

So for starters, I'm using EX-explosive ammo in an Ingram Smartgun which makes my base damage 6P (AV -1). For my first action I'll be using a narrow burst against the rebel by the window. I'm close enough to him that I feel justified in taking the +2 Point Blank modifier, which I'll then cash in for a two-point called shot, which puts my damage at 8P (AV -1) before any further modifiers. The Smartgun has RC 2(3) and I see no reason not to be using the stock, so 3 points RC total.

I roll 13d6t5 for 5 hits, at 8P +2 for narrow burst (AV -1).

Next action! I won't be taking cover, instead I'll be attacking the other alert guard on the floor. Now the penalties start kicking in. Multiple targets is a -2 which puts me at 11 dice, then comes a second burst for a further -2 total recoil penalty so I'm down to 9. Oh well, bring it on.

I roll 9d6t5 for 2 hits at 6P +2 for narrow burst (AV -1). Mystic Mongol explains a brain hiccup I was having over Edge and I spend a point afterwards to reroll my misses, rolling 7d6h5 for 6 additional hits. That's 8 hits total on rebel #2.

A semi-related question...in the future do you just want to roll our initiatives for us? I totally don't mind as it'll speed up combat and I don't care about someone else rolling my e-dice for me.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 20, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
My screw up was I forgot you had to declare you're spending edge to add + rule of six to the entire pool before rolling everything. I've been playing too many games lately where you can spend bennies after the fact (I know you can do it in SR4 too but it's crappier unless you have a really good Edge rating). My roll's a matter of record, if children overboard is cool with me spending a point as though I'd done so prior to the roll I'll take it, but I also won't bitch if we're doing no take-backsies fair being fair.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Okay, I see where my stupidity is coming from. The sentence talking about rerolling failed dice was ambiguous enough for me to misunderstand it, I thought the test had to fail completely for you to get to reroll. If it's you get to reroll all the dice that didn't get a hit on any test then hell yes I'm gonna do that.

7d6h5 = ...6 hits :stare:

Yeah, I think I'll take that. Editing that into my post now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
4). Alternately we can always just shoot him.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Would I be able to, in the course of one initiative pass, find the grenade that's causing us so much grief and just chuck the drat thing out the window?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, and all my Stick-n-Shock ammo is for my pistol, which Coll currently has. Shooting him's still an option though, just throwing that out there.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Glancing around the room as she gracefully stepped over the remains of one of the rebels, Natalya lowered her gun briefly, keeping it trained on the remaining guard as Nail proceeded to knock him out. ::Top floor clear, hostages secured.::

For now I'm going to delay my turn for lack of anything to really do, assuming we want to take the hacker alive. If he looks like he's going to wake up and go for his gun I'll probably shoot him.

Natalya should also be out of the elevator and into the room as far as she could get while walking during all of this. If you guys think she'd be more helpful downstairs let me know if I can make it there in less than a turn and I'll drop down, but I assume trying to burst-fire snipe a guy engaged in melee with a friendly is a bad idea.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya watched as the last rebel began shooting wildly and tsked both at that as well as the sound of ongoing fighting coming from downstairs. ::What the gently caress is going on down there?,:: she subvocalized, bringing her Ingram up and taking aim at the reeling rebel's own gun before loosing a burst of fire towards it. ::Hurry it up, will you?::

Without anything better to do, Natalya's going to shoot the gun out of the hacker's hand just so he can't inadvertently hit anyone with a stray bullet. Taking one simple action to aim for +1 then making a called shot at -4 for a total of 10 dice on a narrow burst shooting test.

Guns shooting guns 10d6t5 = 5 hits.

If the modified damage of the attack (6P, +2 for the burst and + whatever for the hits on my roll) exceeds the target's Strength then the target loses their grip on the object and the GM determines whether it's damaged or not, like for instance being shot with a burst of EX-explosive rounds. Page 161 SR20A.)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya whipped around, wired reflexes surging as the sound of heavy gunfire erupted from outside the tower. She dove towards the east wall, peering through the window in time to see the remains of the garage door reduced to shreds of scrap metal. Swearing in a fluid mixture of Russian, English, and Chinese, she ducked back around the stairwell to put as much cover between herself and whatever it was that had just shot its way out of the garage. "Go!," she shouted to the hostages still lying on the floor, gesturing despite her active camouflage. "What are you waiting for!? Get against the far wall, quickly!"

If Nail wants to do something besides wailing on the hacker, like moving a table to make a barricade or something, Natalya will use her free turn to assist him. Otherwise she's going to hunker down in cover to the left of the stairwell because there's not much she's got that's good against armored vehicles.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 22, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

ltr posted:

Not sure they were even High Explosive grenades, but it was worth a shot, he yells to Natalya, "Natalya, grenades, APC, Boom!"

Natalya's frown quickly flipped into a lopsided grin behind her mask at Nail's suggestion. "That is a crazy, dangerous plan of yours. I like it."

Pushing off from cover but staying low, tail twitching behind her, she set her wired reflexes into overdrive as she scanned the room for some sort of bag...a satchel, a garbage bag, even a purse would do...to begin stuffing the (presumably) inert grenades into.

Okay, so my action for this free round is, as much as I am able to do so, A). find a bag of some sort that I can stuff grenades into and B). start stuffing grenades into it. I don't care if I have to yank them out from underneath hostages assuming they aren't inclined to move, I'm guessing they're not exactly going to fight me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Natalya

Natalya farms the hostages for grenades. The civilians are terrified. One stammers out "are... we still going to die?" but they don't argue with the cybered killer with the submachine gun who's just dropped two of the rebels holding them hostage so they gingerly hand them over.

"If you do that will reflect very badly upon us," Natalya said casually as she collected the grenades and stuffed them into a hastily emptied purse, "and we are trying to make a good impression here. It is, after all, our first day on the job. At the very least I can guarantee that you will not be exploding," she went on with a hidden grin, holding up the improvised satchel charge. "All the same you will probably want to move far away from the east windows though, yes? And keep your heads down."

Emerald Rogue posted:

::Heads up to the grenade farmers upstairs - Natalya, Nail, I'm going to try to pop this tin can's hatches in a couple of seconds. Think you can put a grenade or two on target?::

::Darling, you read my mind,:: Natalya subvocalized back, slinging the purse over her shoulder. ::Do NOT detonate these until I say so, or I'm going to be very unhappy.::

As Nail shot out one window she whipped her Ingram around and took out the other, letting the gun rest on its sling as she quickly dashed towards the opening and leaped to the ground below with a flourish, flipping around and landing in a crouch, her cybernetic legs absorbing the impact.

Just so I'm not in that thing's arc of fire I'll be shooting out the lowermost eastern window then jumping out of it. Natalya's legs reduce any fall damage she might incur by 12 meters worth provided she's capable of landing on her feet, so let me go ahead and roll my 22 dice just to see if she does so.

22d6t5 = 13 hits so I would say that's a yes. This should place me on the ground outside the building on the lower east side. Still cloaked, still thermal damped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mostly that was just to cover my bases in case being thermal damped mattered when dealing with a vehicle-mounted gun. So CAN I sneak at this point or is my stealth pretty much over and done with?

• Locked thread