Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Horror Queefs posted:

This girl is so stupid. She also thinks Porches are defective since Ryan Dunn died in one as well.

You, um, might be overreacting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

I don't think so, personally. If the girl had said something like "I don't care about the game anymore, I just learned Paul Walker died," it'd be one thing. But she pretty much called everyone vapid and stuck up because the world didn't immediately cease when the news came out. The sentiment is that, on average, around 150000 people die every day of the year, and the world keeps spinning. Walker, while a famous man, is still just a man. Expecting everything to stop for him, instead of - say - the teen who fell asleep driving home from black friday this year, crashing his car, killing himself, and injuring 4 others, and insulting everyone who continues to enjoy their activities is kind of messed up.

e: spelling

Karma Comedian has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Dec 1, 2013

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

VoilaIntruder posted:

So, the Onion Facebook page posted a story with the headline "Why are all the good guys Taken, Gay, Dead, or Available?"
Sorry this is a touch big, but there are way, waaaay too many friendzoned solo-boners to cut out individual bits.

That is a truly amazing number of people who just outright don't get it.

quote:

Should have been "Why Are All The Good Guys Always Taken, Gay, Dead, Or Not My Type?"

..30 "like"s, way more than any others up to that point. For completely missing the unbelievably straightforward joke. Holy poo poo.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah, what the other guy said. This girl has been going on about it all morning, and posts nothing but "This is how people should behave" statuses.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Horror Queefs posted:

This girl is so stupid. She also thinks Porches are defective since Ryan Dunn died in one as well.

So that's why Sporcle randomly had a quiz about Paul Walker's filmography today. That everyone is doing godawful on.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Hahahaha, my cousin fell for the 42 million people killed on Black Friday Onion article. I can't post it because she just deleted it, but it was hilarious to see one of her friends say "Uh, don't you think 42 million is a bit exaggerated? I mean, that's more than Canada's population."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Austrian mook posted:

I've personally never met a pastor who honestly believed anything in Genesis. It's pretty much common in most Christian groups that Genesis is just a collection of stories.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9FdbGxbSk4

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I've personally never met a pastor who honestly believed anything in Genesis. It's pretty much common in most Christian groups that Genesis is just a collection of stories.

My dad is one, and so are all the other clergymen of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Wisconsin Synod clergy believe it too.

Thing about Lutherans though is, yeah, we'll join the protests outside planned parenthoods, but we'll be half a block away quietly praying in a group, not holding up mangled fetus placards and harassing people trying to enter.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Wizard of Smart posted:

I don't think so, personally. If the girl had said something like "I don't care about the game anymore, I just learned Paul Walker died," it'd be one thing. But she pretty much called everyone vapid and stuck up because the world didn't immediately cease when the news came out. The sentiment is that, on average, around 150000 people die every day of the year, and the world keeps spinning. Walker, while a famous man, is still just a man. Expecting everything to stop for him, instead of - say - the teen who fell asleep driving home from black friday this year, crashing his car, killing himself, and injuring 4 others, and insulting everyone who continues to enjoy their activities is kind of messed up.

e: spelling

Except that's not even close to what the girl was saying? She said people were "stuck up in the game crap" a phrase that there would translate more to something like "engaged in watching a poor sporting event" rather than saying anyone was "stuck up" for not following celebrity news. Her point, in fact, seemed to be to inform people that this celebrity that many people (especially people she knows) liked had died and suggesting that if they've been too busy with the game to check some news sources for the full story.

So yeah, OP was definitely overreacting a little.

AircraftNoise
May 9, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Except that's not even close to what the girl was saying? She said people were "stuck up in the game crap" a phrase that there would translate more to something like "engaged in watching a poor sporting event" rather than saying anyone was "stuck up" for not following celebrity news. Her point, in fact, seemed to be to inform people that this celebrity that many people (especially people she knows) liked had died and suggesting that if they've been too busy with the game to check some news sources for the full story.

So yeah, OP was definitely overreacting a little.

Sounds like she is scolding people for watching a football game that they enjoy when they should instead be lamenting the loss of the legendary Paul Walker, star of such critically acclaimed films such as The Fast and The Furious 1-6.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A friend of mine had an awesome postin facebook where she said she confused Scott walker with Paul walker and was confused and, frankly, worries why people weren't celebrating his deathm

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

AircraftNoise posted:

Sounds like she is scolding people for watching a football game that they enjoy when they should instead be lamenting the loss of the legendary Paul Walker, star of such critically acclaimed films such as The Fast and The Furious 1-6.

Yeah, there is definitely an air of scolding about it, plus as I said she frequently makes those types of posts all the time complaining about what people do, so I did have a little more context I suppose. Either way, it's no big deal.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

All on Black posted:

They obviously don't realize how dumb it is, because otherwise they'd understand that every other month is white history month.
Hell, even Black History Month is white history month too; it outright includes Presidents' Day.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
This insane argument on an acquaintance's status erupted out of nowhere.

I freely admit to poking the bear a little.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I detect some bitterness in that family. :stare:

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Apr 2, 2014

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

How does someone talk from the womb, anyhow? Does it involve kegel exercises?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dienes posted:

Please keep us updated. :suspense:

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007
Voila Intruder, and he's brandishing two sticks.

Dienes posted:

I've seen the "Well, that escalated quickly" meme used a few times, but this is the most appropriate use of it for sure. Sometimes I wish my feelings flowed as freely, like the angry tears of a giant carelessly soaking the surrounding community.

"are I kidding!"

From the People of Riverfest page. Many of the pictures seem like a good fit for the Ugly & Awkward thread as well.

I'm like really, really into poorly made/compressed/etc. images; Facebook has really made my fetish damned convenient.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SatansOnion posted:

How does someone talk from the womb, anyhow? Does it involve kegel exercises?

I asked myself the same question. Which lead me to this possible answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6CuWrCtNKpI#t=72

Except her queefs spout bible verses.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

abusivespouse.[poorlycompressed]jpg

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If you're not speaking from your womb, you're not trying hard enough.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Maybe talking from your womb is some sort of feminist version of having your head up your own rear end?

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007
This happens every time that Suicidal Tendencies meme pops up.

After the original poster explained the joke, this was posted.

I know "Occam's Razor" isn't really a word you have to spell that often but c'mon. You linked it, dude. Read the drat link you sent.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

VoilaIntruder posted:

I know "Occam's Razor" isn't really a word you have to spell that often but c'mon. You linked it, dude. Read the drat link you sent.

I think "Ockham's Razor" is a valid variation. According to that Wiki link.

That, or my name is a lie.

Edit:

(Oh, poo poo, missed the other spelling there. Occom? Really?)

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Dienes posted:

That's incredible. The original status update was so inane and then somehow it turned into whatever the hell is happening there :stare:

Christmas is going to be awkward this year

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

I think "Ockham's Razor" is a valid variation. According to that Wiki link.

That, or my name is a lie.

Edit:

(Oh, poo poo, missed the other spelling there. Occom? Really?)

Yeah, it's also probably just me actually knowing how pedantic the person usually is and junk. Anyways, here's some other dumb poo poo to balance things out:

I've had this one saved since Openbook was around and, in all honesty, I think it's really cute. She's the collected internet use of all of our older relatives; An aunt to the world :angel:

vaguely posted:

That's incredible. The original status update was so inane and then somehow it turned into whatever the hell is happening there :stare:

You can only hope that someone gifts that angry gentleman a set of Magic cards or something.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What in the hell am I looking at?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Dienes posted:

What the gently caress even happened here? :psyduck:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"Breaking News! Erectile Dysfunction Scandal! Shocking proof Barack "Ovomit" Obama's erection is a fraud!"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Smoremaster posted:

I want to see one of those commercials where they do a dramatic reading of a Facebook post but it's just this for 20 minutes

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Smoremaster posted:

Marge Arita and Sue Vaneer are brother and sister, and apparently there is some kind of serious rift between the two- or Marge is just an rear end in a top hat. Minnie Strone is their mother, and favors the brother and/or is crazy, I don't know. Lou Sinclark's post makes it sound like Marge got married way too young and is militant in trying to prove that he made the right decision.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I want to say something here but I just don't know what to say.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Soviet Commubot posted:

can't speck English :ironicat:

dijon du jour posted:

"Breaking News! Erectile Dysfunction Scandal! Shocking proof Barack "Ovomit" Obama's erection is a fraud!"

Ovomit is my favourite so far. That's amazing.

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

Dienes posted:

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas ...

(Note to self: time to stock up on Whiskey).

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Kavak posted:

Marge Arita and Sue Vaneer are brother and sister, and apparently there is some kind of serious rift between the two- or Marge is just an rear end in a top hat. Minnie Strone is their mother, and favors the brother and/or is crazy, I don't know. Lou Sinclark's post makes it sound like Marge got married way too young and is militant in trying to prove that he made the right decision.

Marge's first post says he has been a father since 15. So probably more "knocked up a girl too early."

Also I don't know these people but Sue Vaneer seems insane as well. At least the "gently caress YOU MOM" seems like a huge overreaction to the mother just spouting a bunch of typical mom nonsense and hoping her kids stop arguing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Soviet Commubot posted:

English, motherfucker, Do you speck it?

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

vaguely posted:

It's like they were already gearing up for a fight and all they needed was a spark to ignite it. Then all the respective allies join in the fray and things escalate from there.

Basically it's World War One, if WW1 was a stupid Facebook argument.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
You should've made a "no, you shut the gently caress up mom!" bitstrip for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
The ending was not as good as the beginning.

Sadly the anonymizer didn't use the same names.

• Locked thread