Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

My soul is fine, thank you! She got re-baptized or whatever last year and has been posting nonstop jesus-statuses. Nonstop. Not sure why I am only now hiding her from my newsfeed; I rolled my eyes pretty hard last week at "In order for a relationship to truly last forever. Both people need to put God first before anything in their lives."

Damn Bananas has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Jan 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

davebo posted:

Every time she makes a post, just go to the comments and put "Matthew:6:5-6" and see how she responds.

I don't want to be that guy. :shobon: Hiding it is enough for me.

Another goodie. First saw it on my phone so I couldn't post it, but just now remembered it:

(Photo in question)

Yes, because vandalism makes people lose their lives, rights, safety, and those lucky few who make it out alive simply stop worshiping! This guy also put up a profile pic of the man/woman stick figures in red when everyone else had the red equals signs.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Kimmalah posted:

I think the name "home economics" is a hold over from the days when the class was basically about teaching girls how to run an entire household. So it used to involve a lot of other stuff like money management/finances, cooking, sewing, interior design, family relationship stuff, etc.

So it wasn't just a cooking class but more like a "housewife training class" but now mostly just the name remains.

I'm pretty sure it's exactly this. My mom actually got her bachelors in Home Economics and it was heavily focused on the "economics" portion. It sounds like an MRS degree, but she used it to do decently well for herself in the purchasing departments of companies. She was also a great resource to learn about taxes and banking and stuff when I was in early college.

In my school district home ec was only offered in middle schools (age ~11-14). It's stupid, it would have been more useful to have health/sex ed in 8th grade and home ec in 11th, rather than the other way around.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
I'm just baffled.

Everyone hates these stupid things, but you'd think that after taking the time to "read" it, you'd follow the directions to copy and paste instead of taking a screenshot, cropping it, saving it, uploading it, and finally... posting it. Right? Facebook doesn't even display the whole image, it cuts it off so that you have to click it to read the important starting point of "If you can..."

Just baffled.

Edit: I have no idea if you can track down who posted an image based on the FB image URL so I'm just gonna hide that just in case.

Damn Bananas has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Feb 21, 2014

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Accompanied with a blurb we need to "let" him in schools again so he "can." Because apparently there are limits to God's power, those limits being our puny human laws I guess?

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
Why did both of these show up on my newsfeed one after the other? Each was "like"d by two of my female friends who don't know each other, one Muslim and one Christian (if not obvious).

I hope this isn't too :can: but at least the majority of the comments on both were "Uh, no, I wear it because Allah says to and the brothers should lower their gaze like Allah says to" and "Uh, no, I wear my neckline how I want regardless of my relationship status/happiness" etc. so I guess that's good.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

lenoon posted:

I don't have any particular idiots on Facebook but by god has anyone else seen a veritable tide of idiotic 'which character from x y z are you?' Posts recently?

Yes. I don't mind most of them but there are some really stupid ones lately. I've had at least 7 or 8 friends post what color their aura is. What? At least "What city should you live in" was sort of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Aphtonites posted:

How do people fall for this poo poo? :shrug:

My friend shared this last night ... and then shared it again 10 minutes later :geno:

• Locked thread