Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Katrina? False flag.
The Super Bowl? False flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Pope Mobile posted:

Haven't almost all of the people who carried out mass killings obtained their weapons either legally or from people who legally obtained them?*

That's what you retained from that exchange, not "AR-15 up the vag"? Because drat, that's a special level of hosed up :staredog:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Dire Chinchilla posted:

Literally every day? How long has she been doing it? I wonder when will she run out of ideas.

Did you just ask if there was a limit to human stupidity?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah and from a small amount of research the Aquabounty Salmon is Atlantic Salmon hybridized with a Chinook salmon gene, which is another kind of fish people commonly eat so :confused:

You know what happened last time we hosed around with DNA?

Jurassic Park, that's what. :colbert:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Silly Hippie posted:

(She's also 20, which might explain it).

No, no it doesn't.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

A lot of people figure they're on a "Watch list" because they got randomly selected twice in a row.

Or because they got randomly selected twice in a row, then made a big scene about it, landing themselves on some sort of watch list for threatening a TSA agent.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

bpower posted:

I really hope firefighter guy makes it. The guys in the department better be nice to him :ohdear:

It's gonna be terrible if he doesn't make it :ohdear:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

In Canada at least, you need to go really, really far before it`s hate speech. I think you have to actually advocate harm to a group before it becomes illegal - So "Them blackies be stupid" is ok, but "Let`s go a-lynching" is illegal.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Edit: You know what, nm.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

deepshock posted:

What leads to that?

The four sided brain, obviously. You must have been educated stupid.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

That's way too obvious. Seriously, the art of trolling is dying.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

What the hell is a Childfree Anti-Natalist?

Childfree is "I don't have kids because I DON'T WANT THEM OK? IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHOICE MOM!", I'm guessing Anti-Natalist is being opposed to any and all reproduction because reasons.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Behold! A Elk! posted:

From my cousin.

Did he forget to bake them or something?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Isn't that basically dried out cookie dough?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No bake cookies are delicious.

Also, thank god this is a friend of a friend and not one of my friends:

"Heh, why would you be a sports fan when it takes no intellect? :smug:"

I'm willing to bet that person is a diehard fan of at least one video game or TV show. My money's on Doctor Who.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

...well that's a new one. I was expecting the full on Redditor stereotype here for some reason.

And that entire exchange made me shiver. gently caress humanity.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

rectal cushion posted:

So I'm in a group for parents interested in "babywearing" (carrying your baby/toddler in various contraptions like cloth wraps/carriers). A lady posted this:

Yes. Go kayaking with your small baby tied to your back in a long piece of fabric, that sounds like a great idea :downs:

People replied to her saying to get a drat babysitter if she wants to go kayaking. Her feelings were hurt.

Not to mention that adding weight that high in a kayak is... Suboptimal. There's a reason people don't go kayaking with backpacks on. (Although it would be feasible if the kayak was loaded down and your backpack wasn't too heavy, I suppose.)

But drat, a baby on a kayak. There's no :stare: big enough.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

nippythefish posted:

The sad thing is, most of my posts will probably be from my own father. Here's his most reason gem:

Poor Palin. So misrepresented.

Get him DVDs of Sarah Palin's Alaska.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

Holy poo poo that episode and the ensuing meltdown are completely hilarious.

ONE DAY WE TOO WILL HAVE A HUMAN CHILD! WE'LL SHOW YOU!! WE'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!! :argh:

Reminder: When she's talking about her childrens, she's talking about cats.

I love it when reality TV gets in my internet stupidity; it's like when peanut butter gets in my chocolate.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

Is this not like, solicitation or something?

You're not very familiar with craiglist, are you?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

Not really. I assumed it was like Gumtree, there was a bit of bother when people were using Gumtree for solicitation last year.

I don't know the first thing about Gumtree, but craigslits is full of prostitutes, terrible no-strings-attached hookups and cheap used furnitures.

It, like the rest of the internet, is what you make of it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Met posted:

What did dropping the kids off at the pool have anything to do with what came after? :stare:

It's an euphemism for going number two.

You know, making GBS threads.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

rectal cushion posted:

Seriously, what is it with babywearers and boats?

(RS = ring sling, LO = little one).

:psyduck: Jesus loving christ what is wrong with these people for fucks sake seriously jesus lord almighty do they not get how loving lifejackets work its not that hard for christ sake sweet jumping fuckshit.

A personnal flotation device (PFD, what you wear to go canoeing. It's not a life jacket in the official sense) is designed to keep your head out of the water (Notice I said head, not face - there's the difference between a PFD and a life jacket). There's no design consideration as to the head of a freaking baby strapped around your chest because the makers of the PFD, in their male-centric, childfree and motherhood-erasing worldview, assumed that any air intake would happen above the shoulders of the PFD wearers.

...that's a lots of words to say that holy poo poo on a stick, these people are dumb as all gently caress.

To apologize for this terrible rant, have a cute picture of a baby in a PFD:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

Hm, nice pic in the news feed here... Wonder how far back in the comments I'll need to go to find something for the "Idiots on Facebook" thread.

The fifth amendment, which guarantees freedom of speech :eng99:

I don't even live in the us and I can remember the first five amendments of the Bill of Rights just through cultural osmosis. How does someone who enjoys these protections, presumably had to study them in school and consider themselves politically savvy enough to comment on that kind of...

God drat the world is a terrible place.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

Conversely we actually learned about Wounded Knee and the atrocities committed against the Native American people. :shrug:

There's your problem, you went to one of those anti-white LIEberal school that hates ARE COUNTRY.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Zemyla posted:

I think you mean "Hail to the Chef". :colbert:

I think so too since that what he posted :confutoot:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Yes, because American Dad is a promotion of modern American conservatism.

Reminder: There are people out there who believe Colbert is sincere.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

That last comment he makes, holy loving poo poo.

For posterity:

:psyduck: posted:

But what I will say is (green) in the future if you have a daughter in london.... the chances are by the time she is 14 she will be passed around 50 men called ahmed whilst pumped with drugs

Jesus loving Christ :catstare: How do you even think things like that.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Edit: Oh wow that's a whole new level of hosed up. If he wasn't jewish what the gently caress was he?

RE: Muslim gang rape whilst on drugs: I think - perharp naively - that most of those people wouldn't say that kind of things in real life; they need the buffer of the internet to protect themselves.

Because holy poo poo, I would slap them.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Taliaquin posted:

Seriously. I forgot I was here and tried to reply for a moment. Obviously, the guy thinks he's the moral one here, but he's just espousing that same prurient fascination with rape that so many people pat themselves on the back for. He's the one having the clearly graphic fantasy about a girl being gangraped here.

For content, here's yet another visit to the Armageddon-loving page my parents like. This is in response to news about an earthquake in AZ:

Jesus these people are eagerly awaiting the apocalypse are they?

And what about that secret evacuation of the West coast? :ohdear:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Snopes is really hard for some people. Lots and lots of people, apparently.

Reading is for losers. Also snopes is on the Internet, how do you know they're any more right than the other guys mmmm?

In other news, no screenshot because its all in French, but one of the worst bullies from my HS class just shared one of those long stories with an anti-bullying moral.

I get that it's ten years later, that she has kids she doesn't want bullied but :irony:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

da gently caress?

"A chinese person has a better car than I do so I am diminished"? Am I reading this right?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

TinTower posted:

The Pope: invites demonic forces.

For what it's worth, a lot of those people actually believe that the catholic church is a tool of the devil or what have you.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Trash Boat posted:

Can do. Have some more Firefighter Guy.

Goddamn I wish I had a goal in life that made me half as enthusiastic :unsmith:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

HE NEVER HAD BASIC TRAINING!!!!!

Oh my god it's like he was never even in the military!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Pead posted:

Worse, it was a jury, so 12 people texans all agreed that he did what he needed to to get his 150 dollars back.

It makes so much more sense when you put it that way.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

OmniDesol posted:

Yellow is an acquaintance from my old school, and I don't know resident occult expert Pink, but apparently you don't have to worry about somobe (ie... devil) visiting you, if you dream about Slenderman in your old childhood bedroom. Personally, I find that refreshing to know.
(I am sorry Pink believes in that too. She sounds like someone who doesn't get a whole lot of peaceful rest :( )

Every time I see someone online freaking out about slenderman, I can't help but recall how exactly that thing was created and... Yeah. You wonder if whoever came up with our myths and legends was just sitting around bored with a copy of Protoshop someday and decided to invent monster to win agora cred or whatever.

But now Slenderman is a manifestation of the devil. Good loving job, goons, you created the goddamn devil.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I like red. "This is mostly nonsense, but I won't touch the stuff anyway because :tinfoil:"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Alright so if I start a fire, I'm supposed to throw water at it, but spraying it with hydrogen and oxygen isn't a good idea? What the gently caress, BIG SCIENCE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

PYF > Idiots on Facebook: But I am a racist and there's nothing wrong with that

• Locked thread