Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

OmniDesol posted:

"Casual racial stereotyping? I'm sure all my friends and family will want to see this! Better share it."

It was a lovely joke when family guy used it, it's a lovely joke now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'm guessing this one is fake, but still stupid.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Modern Day Hercules posted:

You're not allergic to gluten. You have gluten intolerance or maybe you have nothing at all. Also thank you for not comparing your food intolerance to being gay and please continue to not do that in the future.

A little aggressive there. And considering the range of symptoms for allergies and intolerances it's kinda hard for me to draw that line between them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ratjaculation posted:

Had to Google what it was and its Wikipedia page compares it to Ulysses.

Insomuch that finishing the drat thing is considered an accomplishment in itself, not that it's that deep or culturally relevant. For example, Charles Dutton is a psychic with a series of books filled with his dreams and predictions.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

It's like saying the Muppets would be better if Jim Henson came out on stage and told the jokes himself

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

This past friday, there was a surprisingly large earthquake in South Carolina. While the presence of the earthquake wasn't unusual, this was the strongest in over a decade (4.2 on the Richter scale). I felt pretty significantly it about 70 miles away in Columbia SC.

This coming on the tail end of the freak snowstorms has brought a few special comments.

(public news site)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

nippythefish posted:

Yeah, honestly....that's a pretty hilarious joke based on the humanitarian efforts of Bono and the stereotypical stupidity of the Scottish.

They copied it from Robin Williams, (and who knows wherever he got it from)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8CEBOHmEbk

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

A literal slam whale.

Yeah, current evolutionary theory is that we dropped the hair to avoid body lice. Not swimming.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Glagha posted:

I'm just going to throw this out there. Pickles are loving delicious and they should be on everything.

Agreed, and I am certain that Cik-fil-a's secret to success was hiding the pickles under the patty.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

This always has to be :can: doesn't it? King Louie and "I Wanna Be Like You" definitely has racist undertones, but as long as the message isn't out of hatred can we still appreciate the positive qualities of the piece of entertainment? Because the only alternative I can think of is censorship of material in its original context, like the removal of "friend of the family" from Huckleberry Finn.

Then again, that does raise the question of the artistic merit of propaganda, and whether a work of art having purposely misleading information prevents it from being appreciated as a work of media.

Triskelli has a new favorite as of 10:46 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Strudel Man posted:

AUTISM rates have been rising for DECADES, haven't they?... Really makes you think...

Fixed that for you

• Locked thread