Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Not an idiot (one of the single nicest people I knew from high school in fact), but I figured this thread might appreciate a dash of positivity in the same vein as Titanic Guy. His wall is a little...one-track to say the least, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the single most consistently enthusiastic Facebook walls I've ever seen. Here's just the stuff going back to the beginning of the month.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Apr 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Shannonmcn posted:

I missed this thread but can I request less conspiracy theories and more from FIREFIGHTING!!!!!!XD XD XD guy?

A page late (fell behind on the thread due to busyness), but ask and ye shall receive. I was just about to post some more Firefighter Guy actually.

If everyone in the world were as positive as him, the world would be a much better place.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Apr 29, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I'm curious to know what sort of shitstorm must be brewing in the comments section of these.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Krusty Brand Immitation Gruel. Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Andorra posted:

Well this is a good outlook to have.

I would love to see this guy's Youtube videos.

Also, for content:

"Being a woman in the 60's was easier than being black. Therefore, the patriarchy doesn't exist and feminism is invalid." :smug:

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 22:55 on May 3, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Here, have some more Firefighter Guy.

:unsmith:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I don't know, just from that collection it seems like a joke. Like, he JUST KEEPS ACCIDENTALLY putting "haha yeah we sure hosed" as his status and then instead of deleting it just comments "oops didn't mean to do that, I was talking to a girl, who I hosed". I dunno. I feel like it has to just be a guy trying to be funny.

I mean, look at the first one on the top, the one about the blowjobs. Who would reply three times like that in earnest? And say "embarassing hope no one sees this" without a trace of irony? That wouldn't happen, right? Right?

Never underestimate the stupidity of 14 year olds.

On an unrelated note, looks like things have been going well for Firefighter Guy over the last week:

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 23:25 on May 11, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

The first link that comes up on Google is an Urban Dictionary link that reads "Derived from early slave times when black people would come out at night and sing slave songs under the moonlight like crickets." So take that as you will.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Welp, here's something that has been blowing up in my Facebook feed for the last several hours. Sorry in advance about the length. Normally I would manually edit it myself rather than using Social Fixer, but there's no loving way I'm going through all of this manually.

It starts out civil enough, with the OP posting an article and a few people explaining their stance with just a few lovely jokes, but nothing too major. Then #8 gets into an argument with #9 (the only person I actually know personally), and the whole thing turns to pure, unbridled poo poo from start to finish.

This poo poo went on for 342 posts. :suicide:

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 10:40 on May 29, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So in light of Facebook's recent decision to more strongly moderate posts depicting domestic violence, one of the resident MRA's on my feed decided to share this rambling, barely coherent video about how it's all just feminist mind-control, as well as explaining the subtle intricacies of lovely image macros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jlFRzsTcs

And on a lighter note...

bpower posted:

Tread desperately needs a fire fighting palate cleanser. Just sayin'!!

Can do. Have some more Firefighter Guy.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Well, with E3 going on, I guess an Xbox One vs. PS4 debate on my feed was pretty much inevitable.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So George Takei just posted this on his wall:

As you can probably guess, it did NOT go well with the MRA crowd. Seriously, all of it is poo poo.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I guess it was only a matter of time before MRA's started arguing on the poll. The comments from the person arguing him were deleted, though the comments are still worth reading on their own.

Also of note is the fact that his profile image is a memoriam to Thomas Ball.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

:rolleyes:

Videos linked. Be warned, the internalized misogyny is strong in these ones (particularly in the first video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyVCg7hsZ_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNWNjNXW7rA

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Jul 5, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Here's something that popped up in my News Ticker over the last hour or so. I don't know Green or Blue, but Orange is one of the resident MRAs on my feed. In short, "feminist dogma" and :biotruths:.

In case anyone is curious as to the videos he posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I6aYl4XDpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5KSY0wbNGc

Also, I couldn't help but notice this pop up in my feed while the argument was going on:

No loving way. :allears:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I guess it's only natural that the George Zimmerman verdict would bring out the worst on my News Feed.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Jul 15, 2013

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I...don't even know. :psyduck:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Darth123123 posted:

My parents friended my wife and proceeded to just sit back and stalk her posts. Never posting anything of their own anywhere. Then when she'd post something that they could leverage, they'd send an email. Like she'd post that she was going to a concert near their town, then guilting her into bringing the kids, changing her plans, etc. They're pretty toxic in any case, so she defriended them, which caused even more drama. This was before silent blocking I believe. So yeah, be careful with family on FB. I have them pre-emptively blocked and surprisingly they've never asked. And I have to remain 'unsearchable' on FB to avoid their antics. :(

I have a grandma who acts pretty similarly, albeit maybe not quite on the same scope as yours. There was one particular instance where my aunt, who happens to be a photographer, had to delete her. Basically, a few months ago, there were some floods in the local area, so my aunt and some of her colleagues decide to hold special photography sessions for local charity purposes, which naturally was posted on her Facebook page. Naturally, my grandma then proceeds to send her an angry message accusing her of exploiting a tragedy to better her own business. There was also another instance of her, completely unprovoked, sending one of my best friends a message simply reading "Time to grow up and get real!!!!!!!!!!"

Shannonmcn posted:

I want to message this lady and tell her I :shlick:'d to those naughty pics of her handsome young boys at the beach. They obviously want me to, why else would they be wearing so little, flexing those prepubescent little biceps and smiling so suggestively?

(grossed myself out a bit typing that)

dijon du jour posted:

I'd say something like "Dear [name of person who shared the article]; as much as I like you and truly believe that you are a good person on the inside, if you are going to post risqué pictures of shirtless boys flexing I will be forced to block you. I have three daughters whom I am trying to raise into proper ladies who respect the opposite sex and I can't chance them seeing these pictures and losing control over their loins."

It's also worth noting that from all of the criticism she received, all she gathered evidently was that she needed to change the photos and not that there was anything at all wrong with the body of the article.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Remember: context doesn't matter, just whether or not you're "being mean."

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

mng posted:

Why the gently caress is he so invested in making the swastika socially acceptable to use again?

Because then he'll finally have an excuse to use the swastika to appear edgy and cool, without having to worry about being called out on it. :smug:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Spudd posted:

Calling him a friend is kind of a stretch at this point. I culled him from my friends list after this because he just abused me through messages for about 10minutes.

You can't just tell us this and not post the screencaps. :colbert:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So I've started reading the Tumblr/Internet Activism thread and decided to share one particularly terrible image that was posted there.

Gotta get that sweet Anita Sarkeesian jab in there. :smug:

(And though it should be pretty obvious in and of itself, no, he's not be facetious. He literally thinks Sarkeesian is just as ridiculous as a long rant about misandry in My Little Pony.)

Insensative_Asshole posted:

I think this is the first :cry: worthy thing I've seen on my facebook feed.

The page name is just the cherry on top.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

It just wouldn't be an MRA discussion about rape without a comparison to petty theft.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Even by the extremely low standards of Facebook image reposts, this is just dismal.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

These reblogs just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Welp, after seeing it countless times throughout the thread, I finally encountered my first antivaxxer on my Facebook feed. :(

Links posted, in order:
http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/09/11-reasons-why-flu-shots-are-more-dangerous-than-a-flu.html
http://www.columbiajournal.ca/12-05/P7VaccineWars.html
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/05/21/university-of-bc-doctors-expose-vaccination-coverup-official-documents-released-from-the-uk/

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So my university has a page where you can submit anonymous messages and they'll post it regardless of the content. Somebody submitted a post advertising a women's only gym opening on campus within the next few years, which...goes about as well as you'd expect. Not anonymized on account of this being a public page.

There's also whatever the hell this is. :psyduck:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Trash Boat posted:

So my university has a page where you can submit anonymous messages and they'll post it regardless of the content. Somebody submitted a post advertising a women's only gym opening on campus within the next few years, which...goes about as well as you'd expect. Not anonymized on account of this being a public page.

As a follow up to this, someone felt the need after the initial post to bring up the burning question that inevitably crops up when something designed to benefit women is enacted: But what about the meeeeeeen? :reddit:

Comments thankfully were mostly people calling the dude an idiot, though there were a few towards the bottom.

Alternatively, there also the old-fashioned "Sexual harassment? Pfft, clearly you just need to get your priorities straight. :smug:"

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

A few image posts, all from the same guy.

Also of note is this that video was in the photo description. I'd comment on it myself, but gently caress you if you think I'm sitting through an hour and a half of that poo poo.

Holy poo poo, that jpeg artifacting.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Yep, my university's Spotted page still has lovely opinions on women working out. I particularly like Luke Peter's comment a few posts from the bottom.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Zero Star posted:

Follow the dream, man.

My favourite part about this is the less than two hour time difference between deciding he wants a duck and going out and buying one.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I can honestly say that this might be the most baffling image post I've ever seen on Facebook. :psyduck:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

My cousin, presented without comment (name changes after the first screencap).

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Mar 22, 2014

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Trash Boat posted:

My cousin, presented without comment (name changes after the first screencap).
As a followup, I just logged onto Facebook today and was greeted to...well, this. :stare:

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Mar 22, 2014

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

While we're on the subject of Tumblr, here's one from the last couple of weeks or so. The background is that Brandon Boyer, chairman of the Independent Games Festival recently got diagnosed with cancer and ended getting screwed over by his insurance company because he didn't lie to his doctors about occasional stomachaches was diagnosed before it became illegal to discriminate based upon prior medical history, and ended up getting shackled with a six-figure medical bill. Having nowhere else to turn, he set up an online pledge, with all extra proceeds going to cancer research, which Humble Bundle decided to help out with by creating a special bundle to increase donations. Cue some SJW going on a huge tirade on how privileged the guy who got diagnosed with cancer is. Some highlights:

quote:

i hope brandon boyer dies

just this whole thing is loving disgusting

the condition of one white dude being treated as somehow worthy of the attention and money of complete strangers, as if this is a good charitable cause to contribute to

gently caress brandon boyer and gently caress anyone who gives him money

(i don’t blame boyer for having cancer and i wouldn’t blame him for appealing to friends or family for help with the treatment and coping with it, my problem is with making it a giant public event, as if he’s a saint who deserves the love and attention of everyone

it’s disgustingly privileged)

quote:

when’d i say i didn’t hope he dies

i just think he’s a major rear end in a top hat for acting like he’s worthy of the massive attention and influx of money that the independent games elite apparatus can provide, despite his sickness

or, well, he’s an rear end in a top hat for that and also for running the igf, which is a disgusting scam

quote:

i never said i didn’t wish he died, rather that it was perhaps hyperbolic to make the statement in the first place, but also that i did not regret having made it

also yeah if you go all “YOU’RE BEING A MEANIE STOP IT YOU NEED TO STOP BEING A MEANIE” that’s tone trolling, precisely

also, if i knew people in the industry, i’d probably ask them for aid, but privately- i wouldn’t try to make a big public spectacle of my suffering and beg the public at large for their money

quote:

white supremacists? nah

homophobes or transphobes? nah

rape apologists? nah

a guy who said a mean thing about one single person? DISGUSTING SCUM, THE WORST

quote:

i never said he deserves to die of cancer

i don’t think whether someone deserves to live or die is a judgment it’s possible for another human being to make

i just said i hope he dies, primarily for the poetic justice of the scenario

further, yeah i’ve lost loved ones to cancer

There's simply too mouch poo poo to post, so here's the page where he/she starts going on about it.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

:eng99:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

On a lighter note, Firefighter Guy's finally doing it:

:unsmith:

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

Were there any more posts between your last one and this one? I've missed Firefighter Guy.

They were some of my earliest posts in the thread actually. Just display only my posts and you'll find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Well, that certainly came out of nowhere.

• Locked thread