Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Soviet Commubot posted:

Red is the guy from earlier that got a job in the banking industry and went into FYGM mode. Blue is another Army buddy who had a political "awakening" during the 2008 election and became a Paulbot, sliding into crazy Alex Jones territory.

Truthspotting, a new buddy comedy coming to CBS this Fall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
That's actually sort of funny if you take it tongue-in-cheek, though I'm sure a lot of people are like HAHA YEP SOME WOMEN.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I had a friend post that "HEINEKEN SUPPORTS DOGFIGHTING" macro and I linked the club owner's clarification/apology and she just went "Oh good" and took it down immediately. FB idiocy averted.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Ularg posted:

I had someone link a story on Facebook with the text "Have not Snoped this and I care not too, nor do I want verification. This is story worth noting."

"I once saw (whoever posted the story) perform oral sex on a dog. Nobody bother verifying this, it's worth noting."

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

What the gently caress is
"BITCH

AND BE"

supposed to mean?

Descartes, I bitch therefore I be.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

York_M_Chan posted:

Literally 5 of my FB friend has babies in May and 3 others April & June. I get so much poo poo like this.

Apparently they do too

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

NotAnArtist posted:

drat, I was hoisted by my own petard. In my defense I had no idea about the memetic nature of "thick solid and tight."

Somebody's never been to YLLS

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Have this instead:

:psyduck:

Oh man, I watched that yesterday out of curiosity. It's from the ABCs of Death, and it is even weirder than that screenshot belies.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
"She told me we were friends in a way I couldn't feel sad about"

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

cowboythreespeech posted:

Can someone explain this to me?

Smug loving sectoids think they can sass me just because I can't flank for poo poo.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Also the only reason men were ever forced into military service is because other men decided they should be.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Haggis.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Sunshine89 posted:

Oh, god, KaneTakerfan701. There's a dramatic reading on Youtube.

He wrote a big self-insert fanfic, where he spliced the plots "Titanic" and the Clive Cussler novel "Raise the Titanic" together and added his self-insert character who is both WWE star Kane Taker and Captain Smith of the Titanic's son. Also included are his girlfriend's self-insert, about 3 of his friends' self-inserts, CD-i Mario, Luigi and Zelda, Thomas the Tank Engine, some girl engine, and there's a scene where he porks the spirit of the Titanic.

He found out about this, and, naturally, threw a huge tantrum about "trolling", and dragged his DeviantArt friends into it. One of them, a furry, compared the plight of the ship-sexing 'spergs to that of the loving Holocaust. The fallout from that is how I found out about the whole mess.

In all fairness, the two of them are both very obviously autistic, and have no filters- they post their full names and small hometowns on their accounts,and have sexually explicit RPs in their comment threads :barf:. Their parents must either not know or not care, and that's the sad part.

This sounds like a less hilarious Tails Gets Trolled subplot.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

York_M_Chan posted:

"Let’s privatize the National Park Service."

A very different headline: "WW2 veterans turned away from memorial, ticket prices too high"

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My dad's been increasingly active liking/sharing really shortsighted gun rights and Congressional pay and PPACA macros on Facebook, but for some reason they only show up when I view his profile on my ipad. If I'm in a browser, they're nowhere to be found.

Yesterday he shared an image of a woman with a gun and the text "SHARE IF YOU THINK THIS IS THE LAST THING A RAPIST SHOULD SEE" which paints a ridiculously oversimplified picture of What Rape Is. I'm sure in his mind, the scenario goes: armed woman walking alone at night, dirty looking man leaps at her brandishing his penis, she shoots him, she's a hero, hooray. Meanwhile, the far more likely situation would go: armed woman meets a nice boy at a party and has a few drinks with him, he offers to walk her home and then asks to use her bathroom and then once he's inside starts pressuring her, coercing, etc, pulls his dick out and (by the standards of this macro) THEN SHE SHOOTS HIM. You're on the jury at her murder trial, what are you going to say?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's not like there's a shortage of white characters for a white lady to dress up as. She just wanted to get a reaction.

Yeah but none of them have a KATANA

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Holy poo poo this guy is the worst

Green is the poster of the article
Blue is some guy
Red is a totally sheltered baby

Edit: hosed up the coloring at the end, the very last comment was made by Green.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Flyinglemur posted:

I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you all "like" the cosmic trainwreck that is Tila Tequila.

quote:

If I wanted to destroy Earth and and it's inhabitants all I would do is send out an advanced missile and aim it directly into the center of the Sun so that upon impact the entire Universe will just wipeout and start over like a "Big Bang." It would be quick, easy, and would not cause anybody any suffering. It would just be a quick "flash." I see so many people's theories on what is happening with ISON right now that I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents…. Just saying….. what? Too much? lol :)

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hahahaha holy poo poo, there's a link in the article that links back to the same loving article. This is top-notch journalism.

Edit: the story may actually be legit though. If she's being charged as an adult would they release her name?

Buzkashi has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Dec 23, 2013

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
It's me, I'm the idiot on Facebook, because I always thought of "Freedom isn't Free" as meaning that the concept of Freedom is under siege and at risk of being enslaved, not that Freedom explicitly has a cost associated with it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
A taig is an Irish Catholic, not a boreal forest

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Guest2553 posted:

Up until a semester or so ago I subscribed to the "if I can't see it what harm can it really do :v:" school of thought. Then I took a hazmat course and sweet jesus it opened my eyes to how bad some of the stuff I did really was. poo poo like stealing thermometers to break them open and play with the mercury before rinsing it down the drain. Between that and the occupational hazards I am/have been exposed to it's really only a matter of time before my lymph nodes detonate :ohdear:

e. mercury is totally fun to play with though (but not worth getting cancer for).

This is the sort of incident that kind of thinking causes. Who cares what the pretty stuff is made of, let's play in it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

OptimusShr posted:

I can't wait to see the news story mention only fifteen people showing up for this bullshit. :allears:

Even if they do get 10 million patriots to march, they were still about 56 million short of winning the popular vote in 2012

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Aerdan posted:

Great way to piss off the conservatives on any friend list:

(also it's funny how they couldn't fit 'garbage disposal' in.)

Reminded me of this - (just pretend it's the link in the post below)

Edit: what the gently caress that was the link I was trying to copy, how the gently caress did this get on my clipboard

Buzkashi has a new favorite as of 13:57 on Jan 8, 2014

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Toymachine posted:

Saw someone I know (19 year old Jewish princess from Long Island who never worked a day in her life) post this today. I went with

I'm a loving moron and touched the poop when my sister in law posted it.

Gene Jacket is her little sister, Holly is a mutual friend who I think is trying to just help everybody chill out.

I got so excited when she started to drift towards the answer, that it should be on a company to pay their employee a living wage rather than let the public make up the difference, but she veered off into welfare queen-hatred and I lost her entirely. I also tried a little good old fashioned hoo rah USA kind of stuff to bring them around.

Cut off are Gene saying she's done with the conversation and me saying "I just don't want to assume the worst of all humanity" and bowing out myself.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

A place named "Planet Fitness" is obviously ableist and erasing to the fat-positive community, you shouldn't go there anyway.

You have obviously never been inside one, Planet Fitness is the most fat-friendly place a person can go besides a Krispy Kreme

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Inspector Zenigata posted:

My high school has an MLK feast every year for lunch: fried chicken, chicken-fried steak, sweet potatoes, collard greens, grape soda. For dessert? Watermelon! That wasn't all-name a food stereotypically associated with black people, and my school probably offered it on MLK day.

Every year we'd get mildly outraged, and every year we'd just eat the feast and forget about it the next day. In fact I always forget about it until right around this time each year. I'll probably forget in a couple of days. Believe me, though-it was terrible to the point of absurdity.

The unfortunate social effect of the itis. Everybody's too sleepy to get upset after the meal.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

People are unironically sharing this video that a Georgia personal injury lawyer made and hailing it as "awesome"--He apparently bought a 2-minute block during the super bowl? How is that even possible?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

I'm sorry are you saying that a righteous flaming sledgehammer of justice ISN'T awesome?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Ambitious Spider posted:

seen this going around:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Part of Everything posted:

Cure for cancer found. And here we were mixing it in cookies the whole darn time haha what a bunch of stupid shitheads we are eh?? All you researchers can go home now folks.

Twice a day and that's 100% of your recommended sodium intake. Anybody who would believe a macro would cure their cancer is probably not making the best dietary decisions to begin with, so everybody sharing this gets to spread hypertension and dehydration as well as give false hope to cancer patients.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gerry Atric is the OP, is it just me or is Bob Frapples being a massive dick about this? I can kind of understand where he's coming from but jesus christ there's no need to be that harsh.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

I can't even, what?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is supposedly (but not really) an ad for Aston Martin pre-owned cars, the text says "You know you're not the first, but do you really care?"

Black bars are various people pretty much uninvolved
Red is me
Blue is some guy who thinks he's funny
Orange and pink are women, pink's comment got cut off - full text ends with

quote:

My husband is helpful, smart, intelligent, and does laundry, cooks, cleans etc. The media has a way of perpetuating stereotypes that people actually buy on to hook line and sinker- for both genders- and then they actually expect their significant other to behave that way, or the subconsciously instigate the behavior. This ad, fake or not, is simply human- women are sexy, have sex, and have sex again... I actually like that its kind of taking the stance that women can have multiple sexual partners and it's acceptable.

(timg'd for a butt)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-who-plays-devils-advocate-really-just-wants-to,5622/?ref=auto

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

deadly_pudding posted:

That's... that's a bidet, isn't it? :stonk:

Bidet to you too sir!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
You have to be insanely careful about stuff on the floor with ducks. A friend of mine lost her pet duck after it found a penny on the floor and ate it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Do .... do these people know what fat is? Do they know what digestion is?

Do they know what homeostasis is for that matter? Drink cold water and it's cold inside you FOREVER.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It isn't white people posting these you loving honkies.

loving :laffo: if you don't think a bunch of stupid suburban white kids with flat-brimmed caps post any and every macro with the words "niggas be like" on it

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
My brother's wife's sister posts a lot of insipid crap on Facebook but she just posted this article - http://www.returnofkings.com/30402/most-women-dont-deserve-a-good-man - with the following comment:

quote:

This is a little long but holy poo poo is it PERFECT!!! Must must read! This goes for guys too. Hopefully one day y'all will wake up.

I'm trying to find just one excerpt from the article to show how incredibly awful it is but it's impossible to choose.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

AlbieQuirky posted:

The URL alone indicates that it is pure concentrated awful.

I reminded her that this is the site that posted "5 reasons to date a girl with an eating disorder" and she responds "I don't give a flying poo poo about his other articles. This one is dead on!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

horriblePencilist posted:

How much more innocent lives must the menace known as "Selfies" claim until the world will realize the dangers of taking pictures in a mirror?

Somebody teach this kid to photoshop

• Locked thread