Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Found a thing that makes me very sad, not mine, probably very old judging from all the compression artifacts.

This made me very sad :smith:

fallingdownjoe posted:

So at the weekend where my brother lives, there was a march by the English Defence League, who are a gang of racist hooligans who claim to be protecting England from... well, anyone who isn't lily-white and possessing an IQ smaller than their hand-span. In defending their actions, one of them took approximately 13 minutes to declare that my little brother should be hung in the streets for questioning their actions.

I was tempted not to blur out the guy's name, but that seems bad form.

Then this made me a little happier :unsmith: the smart guy obviously...was that your little brother? High five him for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

ilysespieces posted:

I worked with this guy in Disney a few years ago and I thought I hid him but I guess I decided his amazing[homophobic] posts were worth keeping him around. All he posts about is LSU football and how gays are against the bible. He cares about nothing else.

A girl I go to school with posted the exact kind of thing...seeing as she seems otherwise a very sweet girl I can't really retaliate...ugh. gently caress living in the south.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
Where are all the post of people whining that they got the wrong car or phone or tablet for Christmas?!

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
A dude in my nursing class, who I am rapidly losing respect for, posted this bullshit:

http://www.returnofkings.com/30402/most-women-dont-deserve-a-good-man

I'm the first to admit women can be lovely but I don't even know how to respond to this misogynistic crap

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I moved to the US (Georgia) from Aus nearly 4 years ago and yes, a lot of these things were weird to me. But a lot of it is the south as well..
I agree with the portion sizes, flags, drat prices without tax (Aus instituted the GST and it made life a lot easier), tipping I can figure out (I always over tip because I've worked in hospitality), the prescription drug ads are weird as poo poo, aerosol cheese is pretty funny (and egg beaters, why do these exist), I hate pickles, I love college football and my professional rugby player friends were amazed at how big it is at colleges, bread is very sweet, I love unlimited refills (fountain coke is like crack), and I do find it odd there are no signatures on credit cards...

• Locked thread