Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Zhang San sighs. Newcomers.
"Getting back here was the objective all along, but our infiltrator's attempt at stealth was spoiled by a shapeshifting MTHREAT, classification at least LENORE if I'm any judge. The operation had to shift to account for this unforeseen circumstance."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Unforeseen like what, one of those dumbasses announcing he's an agent for everyone to hear and then picking an one-on-one fight? Because yeah, I'd never see that one coming." Leticia snarks as she picks up a small steel staff from a pocket. It has a variety of buttons and looks a bit high-tech, but she appears to be a bit hesitant on... Using it.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"Is that seriousl- Marcus."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"Then surrender, I promise you will be treated fairly... surely you do not want ruin brought upon this city by the machinations of your elders?" he said, holding back as he dodged a blow, feeling the will of his team focus on him... he could not relent.

Trying to use gentlemen's demeanor to try and end this without violence (Trying to create an aspect "Chink in her will to fight")
Defense:
<StormGale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, -+/-+4 = 3
Attack:
<StormGale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, ++--+4 = 4

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 10, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi

Defending with Will!
<Krysmbot> Ettin, --/-+2 = -1

Tzu-Hsi's eyes seem to change colour for a moment and she steps back, rubbing her head.

"You... I... stop distracting me with your words!" She recovers and leaps at him again, but Marcus threw her off her game...

You create the aspect ChInk in Her FightiNg Spirit and get two free invocations!

Counterattack!
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +-//+4 = 4

Akihabarako

"What kind of... you shot my knees out, I still can't walk right. Get out of the way!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"Ok, this one is actually her- SANTIAGO! THE ONE YOU SEE IS AN IMPOSTOR, LOAD BANISHMENT ROUNDS AND SHOOT TO KILL!"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"Would your rather this ended with one or both of us in a bodybag, that is all merely fighting will get us" he said as he slipped past the blow, she was good that was sure, moving to use his bulk to push her back, corner her.

<StormGale> !roll fudge+4
<Krysmbot> StormGale, +---+4 = 2
<StormGale> Well using 1 free invoke
Making aspect time (Physique 5, Stunt for +1 when size might help), trying to make: Threat contained or something along those lines
<StormGale> !roll fudge+6
<Krysmbot> StormGale, ++--+6 = 6

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Hey, you shot her knee? Shouldn't you do it on the other one? Y'know, to prevent her from escaping." Leticia points her gun at Akirahabarako. "Like this... BANG!" She makes a shooting motion but stops at the last minute, letting out a sinister chuckle. "...Psyche."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"It was purely a matter of practicality, and quit scaring the help."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Santiago - FP: 1

"You two done flirting yet? We've got a monster to hunt! Stop talking and start shooting, LIKE THIS!" Leveling his sidearm at the shifter, Santiago took aim and hammered the trigger fast enough to make his fingers blur. "Adults! Just can't keep their head in the game. Why the hell haven't we taken over yet?"

Using Guns and rolling Perfect Aim, upping accuracy by 2 at the cost of lessening Athletics by the same amount. The result is /+/+, for a total of +9. That's gotta hurt.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Aidan Frost
Mental Stress: [x][][][]

For a moment, Aidan looks over his shoulder. He beams a bit and waves towards San and Leticia, waving the magnum in his hand as he does so. "Hey guys~! I think the magic guy is in here. LET'S GO!" With that, Aidan run towards the trail and puts a boot to any door in his way. The sounds of rapid gunfire only told him that he was on the right path.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi

"Shut up!" Trapped in a corner, Tzu-Hsi lashes out...

Defense, attack:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+-/+3 = 3
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +//-+4 = 4

Akihabarako

Akihabarako just flips you off and flies towards Santiago. Zhang San, Aidan and Leticia manage to stay close to her as she tears through the doors...

???
OOOX

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +++++3 = 7 Still hits, but hey!
<TransientPeople2> Spending a Fate Point on Hunter to make that shot really count <- And Santiago inflicts the mild consequence Splatter!

"Akihabarako"'s head bursts open, revealing a mess of formless grey stuff which is absolutely not what you should find inside someone's head when you shoot it open.

The creature spins around as some of its mass sprays across the walls, reforms some of its remaining body into an arm and tries to slap Santiago down:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+-/+5 = 5

... Right as the real Akihabarako blows the doors off, and the others pile in.

You can all go now!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

With a flat roll of 0 on the defense, Santiago is forced to take a Mild Consequence to take the blow. He's left with a Sore Neck from the slap.

As the slap connected, Santiago's head snapped to the right faster than it should have. For a moment, he felt a stab of pain before adrenaline kicked in and got him back into the game. "Guys, watch out! This bastard's quick on his feet!" Jumping backwards, Santiago took aim once again. "I've got its number though. Cover me, I think I can bring it down!"

It was a good thing Santiago's gun was powered by a D-Cell. If it had been one of the old clip-fed models, it would have gone silent after a fraction of a second.

Rolling another Aimed shot and tagging the shifter's consequence. With a roll of ++/-, the final result is a beefy +10.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

The door bursts open and old assassin instincts kick in. Right. Everything is set. All is in place. Three. Two. One.

Zhang San pivots, gun coming up. As he does, the security system in this room happens to blare an alarm right in the thing's ear, distracting it. Previous surveys show that this room has a small table in the corner. That table is hurled up and into its "face."

Aidan, Leticia, and Santiago are just tools, for a moment. Split-second judgement lets him take their actions into account. Akihabarako is less predictable, but she seems to care about the hostage, so her movements will be... there.

As the monster lunges in rage the door slams shut on part of it that had extended past.

The moment ends. Shots ring out.

Fudge /+//+5 = 6. Tagging everything I've applied except Cracked Comms (because how in hell would that help) to add +10 for a total of 16

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Welp

More massive holes appear in the creature. It falls down, thrashes on the floor for a moment, turns a human woman and lies still.

Akihabarako rips the captive man free, pulls the mask off and wraps her arms around him.

"It's me! There you are! Listen, we need to get..."

Then she stops, and looks at you nervously.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Get with us to a safe place." Leticia says to Akirahabako before turning at the 'dead' grey goo woman on the floor, grabbing it and lifting it upon her shoulder. "Man, don't even know why they called me if you could pull that kind of poo poo. Guess I'm just here to watch or something. Still, will take this one for questioning, I guess."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"Hang on Leticia." Zhang San turns to Chu Min and Akihabarako. "Chu Min. Would you like to explain how your blood got on the scene of the murder of Lin Tang-yu? I think I know the answer, but frankly at this point I'm more concerned with other problems and would like to get that off the table."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Akihabarako

Chu Min coughs, and Akihabarako answers for him.

"He helps me, okay? We wanted to capture Tang-yu but he almost killed Min, so I got pissed and tossed him. We got separated after that."

"And I'd rather just get out of here before more of you show up, if you don't mind. You can get Ho Fong, I don't care."

Aidan can sense the binder is ahead, by the way.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

Well, Maynard would kill him for this but Maynard isn't here. "I have no further need to restrain you or your companions. The Lin Tang-yu case is closed as far as I'm concerned, as I am not in the business of protecting Triads any more." Particularly with what the Dragons are pulling now.. what are you doing, you idiots? I can't believe Mo would stand for this state of affairs.

Zhang sighs. "However. Under the circumstances I believe our goals coincide. Something nasty is brewing in the underworld and I would rather not let my home city be engulfed by it. I am willing to offer you immunity from prosecution under the Dangerous Magi Act and an unofficial pardon for all previous alleged murders of known Triad affiliates in return for the willing cooperation of yourself and your group in continuing investigations of any Triad dealings in sorcery that may endanger this city and its inhabitants. And I'll apologize for shooting you in the knees."

He extends a hand. "In good faith I'll give you a five minute head start out of here regardless of your decision. But if you don't cooperate, I will be obligated to pursue." He gestures to the monster. "And you don't want that."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Oi, oi, you really thing it's a good idea to let those go, mate?" Leticia shakes her head. "If anything just make the head start just one minute, I don't really feel like running much." She opens her comm and tries to contact Feiyun and Fanghua. "Gotta at least report that, y'know."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"I don't think wasting our time chasing around people who appear to be only targeting other murderers is an effective use of OOI resources or personnel compared to investigating what the hell is going on with the Triads in this city." And if they take the deal, it means I don't have to poke around the Triads as much on my own. Less of that, the better.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Either that or you want a bunch of wankers dead by those two so you can slack off more."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"I would be lying if I said that wouldn't make things simpler."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

"I admire your skill with which you defend this place... but why?" he asks simply as he held his guard "You defend a system that will bring this city to ruin, the darkness you conjure will leave no room for anyone, good or evil" he met her gaze "While I may not like the triad's I don't care about your criminal enterprise, all I care about is making sure this city and this world lives another day... please you must be smart enough to know that there is no room for crime among the ashes of a ruined city

Defense:
<Stormgale> !roll fudge +5
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, ++-+ +5 = 7

Social Roll to make her stand down, I don't care about her regular crimes and magical apocalypse and murder benefits no one:
<Stormgale> !roll fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, -/-++4 = 3
Tag Chink in her Armor
Tag Gentleman above Reproach (spending FP) For +7

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Akihabarako

"What's going on, Stompy?" Chu Min starts.

Akihabarako tightens her grip to shut him up and offers a reluctant handshake. "Fine. Chu Min and I aren't involved in any organised group," she says quickly, "but we'll be in touch."

She pulls him out slowly, keeping herself between you and your charge until she's at a safe distance, then bails for the exit.

Zhang San has more-or-less recruited Akihabarako the gravikinetic as an OOI contact. Congratulations!

Tzu-Hsi
OXOO (-2/-4)

Tzu-Hsi unravels.

"SHUT UP!"

The fans slice at Marcus' throat.

Tzu-Hsi takes the consequence Shattered Mask and attacks, invoking Daughter Of The Black Fan for +2:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +-+-+6 = 6

Marcus probably didn't get the response he was expecting, but good news: She lost her moderate, you can tag that, and if you take her out you can still try talking to her after!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"Well, that's been taken care of, I guess. What now, we go see if that Marcus kid got killed?" Leticia shrugs while looking at the dead shapeshifter on the floor and then at Zhang. "That one went down bad, yeesh. Should have let this one alive for questioning, mate."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 16, 2013

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

He saw her snap and readied his defense, the bladed fan rushing for his throat as he dodged, her form was slipping from the rage she was feeling, able to block the hit just before it found flesh. He readied his fist, speaking into comms "Looks like Tzu-hsi is under some sort of magical augmentation, If you are coming for backup do not kill her!" he said as he threw another punch her way.

Tagging consequence to Block,
(Rolled +1 too much so need to))
<Stormgale> !roll fudge+5
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, 0//+/+5 = 6

Counterattack
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, 0603///-06+4 = 043

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 16, 2013

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"You wouldn't think so, but he can handle himself." Santiago shook his head. "We don't need to look after him, and I'm sure he's gonna get the job done. Big guy, but he has a light touch. Since we're past the point of caring about not making a mess, why don't we squeeze all the juice we can out of this place? I'm betting there's a bunch of leads we could find. Big question's what the hell we're gonna do with this thing though. Do we know anyone who could point us the way it came from?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Aidan Frost: FP 3

And so, with all that stuff happening, Aidan raises his magnum into the air again. He almost looks like he's about to let out a cry of triumph, before suddenly he freezes. He stands as still as a statue for a few seconds, until finally...

Aidan tips over and falls flat on his face. He isn't getting back up. He is twitching though. God drat human bodies.

Compelling Two Spirits, One Body, Bad Times to pass the gently caress out.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
The Body

The body looks a lot like a middle-aged Chinese woman in a business suit. She has little in her pockets save an ID for one Xiao Qing, a small amount of money and a few sweets. If you hadn't seen her turn into a blob monster you probably wouldn't give her a second glance.

You can search the area and look for further paths or entry vectors for this thing, if you like.

Marcus

Defense/Attack:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +--++3 = 3
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /---+4 = 1

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE?" Tzu-Hsi's blades rip apart the air in front of Marcus' face.

Akihabarako wanders past, talking to Chu Min as they limp towards a side-exit. "Once we're out of here we'll get new IDs and lay low at Jose's for a few forevers. I'll email the cool guy myself in case it's an OOI trap and..."

"Is he a new friend, Stompy?"

"Huh? Oh, right." Stompy Akihabarako nods, hustles Chu Min away and leaves Marcus to his fate, stops, sighs, turns around and puts her fingers to her forehead.

Marcus feels gravity warp around him. Definitely in a good way, though. He feels stronger...

Remember to strip the colour codes before you post! Also Tzu-Hsi is doing woeful so Akihabarako places the Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger advantage with a free invoke for Marcus.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"Xiao Qing...hey Zhang, that name ring any bells to you?" Santiago said, tossing the ID card found in the shapeshifter's pocket to the hacker. "Seems like something we might want to cross-reference with the database. Bet you anything there isn't much on her, but we better make sure." As he massaged his neck, Santiago took a look around and grimaced. "Crap, Aidan's out cold. Someone drag him over to the car while I take a look around, we don't want to leave him sitting there and I need to keep my eyes on the scene." In truth, Santiago just didn't want to get close to him. The sheer stench of booze coming off him was making him feel kinda sick.

Going for some more investigation now. The roll result from Investigating is +4, not half bad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

Leticia nonchalantly pockets off the money and sweets of to herself. The latter will probably go to a lab and be examined, while the former... Well, she might buy some booze with that. She then walks to Aidan and considers taking his stuff as well, but just resigns herself to poke his face with the point of her shoe. "My luck, having to carry this wanker around. Might as well see if he wakes up first, I guess."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Zhang San

"Man, I don't know everyone in this drat city." Zhang shrugs. "Lets backtrace her entry path. I'm curious which of the many weaknesses in the security net she used..."

KPrime, -//-+3 = 1 nope

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

He took the enhancements with vigor, if his combatant was under a magically induced rage the honor of single combat was out. He easily dodged the blow "Because I bear the weight of this city on my shoulders, no matter the cost I must not fall... so come... let us end this!" he struck incredibly fast, slamming his fist in an attempt at a knockout blow

Defense
<Stormgale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, ++--+4 = 4
Offense
<Stormgale> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, //+++4 = 6
+2 for aspect for +8

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi
OXOO (-2/-4)

Defense: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +/+-+3 = 4 which is her second consequence after weapon damage! Tzu-Hsi takes Head Wound.

Tzu-Hsi staggers and sways as blood streams down one side of her face, then flails her fans some more.

"DIE ALREADY! wHy woN't yoU..."

One last (probably) attack: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +/+/+4 = 6

Santiago, Zhang San

That ominous staircase is looking pretty enticing, as far as places to check out go. There's also a less ominous, more subtle elevator around the corner from the stairs - it needs a keycard, but that might not be a problem for you.

The dead woman dropped a keycard, which supposedly belongs to some guard named Shi Zhong. It is a little bloody for reasons which are totally mysterious. It doesn't work on the elevator, but it works on every other door here.

With some help from Santiago, Zhang San can check the systems he cracked earlier for camera feeds. "Shi Zong" went through a back exit in the not-occult-secrets part of the club for a smoke a while ago, then came back a little later than expected and made a beeline for the ominous doors. "Xiao Qing" knew where she was going, and she had a Chu Min to murder when she got here.

Aidan Frost

Aidan is passed the gently caress out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leticia Durden

"*sigh* No such luck." Leticia grabs Aidan's leg and starts dragging him to the exit of the nightclub while opening her comm channel. "Yo Feiyun, we got a man down here. I'm taking him back home, I guess."

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

Marcus took the blow, frowning at her as he stepped into the attack and deliver a blow straight to her temple, trying to use the wound to end this quickly

Defense
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, -/-++4 = 3
Attack
<Krysmbot> Stormgale, /-+/+4 = 4
+1 because of Step into the blow (May sacrifice next action after a failed Fists defense to add +1 to the damage (so 5)

If I can take the attack without being knocked out, spend head wound on the attack (so 7), otherwise use it on the defend to survive

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"Looks like our friend over there wanted to keep the job simple. Get a good cover, get in, murder Chu Min, get the hell out before the cover blows. Good thing we were around to throw a wrench in that plan, eh?" Santiago said, after he and Zhang finished watching the footage. "So, how are we splitting the work here? You get the elevator going while I make sure the premises are secure?" He said, giving an expressive glance at the doors and raising his pistol slightly.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tzu-Hsi
OXOO (-2/-4)

<Krysmbot> Ettin, -+/-+3 = 2

Tzu-Hsi stumbles back and drops to her knees.

She blinks, and her eyes return to normal.

Then she falls forward and passes out.

Leticia + Aidan

The back of the club is just another alley, with a couple of dumpsters and the kind of dirt and garbage you get when nobody gives a poo poo what this place looks like. It reeks of cigarette smoke and energy drinks. If you want to dump Aidan somewhere and go back to the adventure, this is the perfect place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Marcus

He picked up the body of the girl, taking her fan as he placed her carefulyl in a chair "Mr Zhang, I will need you to sweep our lastest Guest for tracking equipment when you are done, if Aidan could have a look at his magical situation with her, she has our dead man's symbol in her eyes when she goes insane"

He then sat down at the bar and smiled "How are you doing today?" he asked.

• Locked thread