Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's a team building exercise! I could throw the Hulk at you straightaway if you would rather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sorry, he's in SPAAAAACE.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

poo poo, we DID do that. The Illuminati is so smart they even outwitted The Watcher.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm glad I nominated the Purple Man for a smashing.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I appreciated how you let that farmer go on thinking you have a metal skeleton and radioactive blood by the way.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Well if he's not going to help, I definitely don't want him making it worse on me.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Defiance Industries posted:

poo poo, we DID do that. The Illuminati is so smart they even outwitted The Watcher.

Well, Civil World War Hulk could be an interesting turn of events.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The end of the game should be the Warbound landing right as the Annihilation Wave shows up on the opposite side of the planet right as we fight the final brawl. We look up, and realize we're hosed.

Until Dan hooks up to Starktech and becomes Helios.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"Information is the TRUE power. Annihilus will stand no chance against Helios."

"Dude that's not even close to applicable in this situation!"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, all I'm saying is even Annihilus can't defend against a Dragon Tooth Sword.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I just finished Defenders Vol. 4. I was going to warn Maltose not to bang any grad students or the universe will end, but I realize now that those events won't come to pass in this game. You see, now Dr. Strange doesn't have to take advantage of insecure grad students to deal with his crushing loneliness. Because now, he has friends: The Avengers.

We did it guys. World saved.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
What happened to his loyal manservant Wong, and isn't he also still married to some white haired lady? Clea? Cleopatra? Something like that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think he and his wife are separated, which is why he gets to hang out at Stark Tower with us and go to all the best parties rather than watch Gray's Anatomy and go to candle-making workshops.

And Wong is alive and well and I will accept no argument there. :colbert:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Basically Clea is in the Dark Dimension trying to overthrow the evil reign of DORMAMMU THE DARK ONE and she never returns Strange's calls and she hasn't shown up in an actual Marvel book in ages (2004!).

What I'm saying is after the Civil War we should go gatecrashing like any other high level RPG campaign.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Oh, I get it. This is one of THOSE situations. Awkward... Well yeah at least you've got your bros! And yeah! We'll totally do that thing you want to do. Other dimensions, and y'know I know for a fact that time flows differently in some of those places so it's probably only been like five minutes from her perspective. (Part of being a good bro is helping a bro avoid drunken, regrettable hookups, as well as being the guy on the spot to stop a dude from phone bombing his ex.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

At the end we abruptly declare the Civil War to be over because other dimensions need to have a bat taken to them. It all ties back to Daniel Rand's famous "every other universe is terrifying" speech which reminded the world that at least they aren't all robots or Badoon slaves.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hey, class got cancelled. Now I can focus on what's REALLY important: playing internet superhero.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I feel like this thing with the farmer and Mystique should be an Odd Couple movie or whatever.

"Ma'am, I didn't know a mutant could play bridge."
"Are you kidding me? I love bridge! Forcing queens."

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We'll call it Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Mutants* (*But Were Afraid to Snikt)

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Hooray! Also, you are a jerk, and Black Cat is going to slap the smug right off of Dan's face one of these days.

So what do I have to do to get Spider-Man to play along? Is it a lie vs doom pool, or what? And how are we going to get this to work into a team situation? Because I'm having trouble thinking that out.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arivia posted:

I feel like this thing with the farmer and Mystique should be an Odd Couple movie or whatever.

"Ma'am, I didn't know a mutant could play bridge."
"Are you kidding me? I love bridge! Forcing queens."

It's so much fun when people contradict Mystique's rigidly-defined expectations for people, isn't it?

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Hooray! Also, you are a jerk, and Black Cat is going to slap the smug right off of Dan's face one of these days.

So what do I have to do to get Spider-Man to play along? Is it a lie vs doom pool, or what? And how are we going to get this to work into a team situation? Because I'm having trouble thinking that out.

He'll just grow it back anyway. FuturePharm's Sentinel RX Augmentation, fueled by candy.

Anyway, you'll have to abuse Peter's trust and willfully deceive him because he will believe what you say and take it at face value when you say you have a very good reason and meant to help. If you are okay with doing that then you're probably okay.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 13, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
While toying with writing up a Defenders-centric game, I thought having Strange as a drunk, unshaven mess trying to pull himself together and carefully building a new Defenders by naming heroes and choosing based on a Magic 8 Ball would be going too far.

This thread has taught me that maybe it wouldn't be going far enough.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, Doctor Strange, he's the Sorcerer Supreme. He's one of the top 5 strongest dudes on a planet covered in strong dudes. Of course he's got that touch of swagger, that debonair flair.

Also congrats to Defiance on upgrading your avatar to a more appropriate form.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I see Strange, decades later, when people ask him about being an Avenger, his response will be "it never got weird enough for me."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Is Ikzayal in New York or did the plane set down in the boonies? Trying to figure out the scene for her next post.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You were heading to Florida from NYC. The plane made an emergency landing somewhere in North Carolina.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

You were heading to Florida from NYC. The plane made an emergency landing somewhere in North Carolina.

Wait what, how was she on my plane going from Miami to NYC, then?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Sometimes I think the only way Dust is going to fit the tone of this game is if I start intepreting 'shy and reserved' as 'complete goon socially'. My amateur hour essays on tokenism and stereotyping in comics will just have to find another home~

quote:

Also congrats to Defiance on upgrading your avatar to a more appropriate form.

I was reading the BSS Funny Panels thread today and ended up seeing the patient zero moment when everyone got JJJ avatars, it was like a historical artifact.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okay so she was going the other way. The main thing is that the plane got about halfway and is now in North Carolina.

Kellsterik posted:

Sometimes I think the only way Dust is going to fit the tone of this game is if I start intepreting 'shy and reserved' as 'complete goon socially'. My amateur hour essays on tokenism and stereotyping in comics will just have to find another home~

I was reading the BSS Funny Panels thread today and ended up seeing the patient zero moment when everyone got JJJ avatars, it was like a historical artifact.

We're aiming for partly serious, Adam Jensens aside. I just happen to have a weakness for overwrought narration from the Silver Age, hence my love of alliterative names. Also I want to have a chapter that is light-hearted adventure where everyone is friends being cool with each other before poo poo gets double-serious.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 14, 2013

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kellsterik posted:

Not necessarily, she and Mystique will have a lot to talk about when they finally meet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That is actually a character thread I really want to visit. I just feel like I am railroading people any time I try to steer things during a closing transition. That may be why things can meander.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Think of this like a Claremont arc. We start all fluffy and we have fairy tales and Kitty loving up and before you know it BAM Alien Genocide.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well we had a woman in a skintight catsuit get tied up so we're already at CLAREMONT-4.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Kellsterik posted:

Please don't. I'm stoked that Marvel even has a Muslim superhero (this guy doesn't count: he isn't a superhero, he's a caricature; even his name is offensive), much less that we have her in the current game.

Okay so she was going the other way. The main thing is that the plane got about halfway and is now in North Carolina.

Criminy. Well, guess she'll just go ahead and fly the rest of the way on her own.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
At least the new one is cool and hates being called Arabian Knight. He also ditched the carpet and has a shirt on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, sorry. I figured a plane that had its bulkhead punched out would probably make an emergency landing. Maybe if you complain they'll give you a voucher to upgrade to first class next time?

I'm also in agreement with Ibn that I like how you write Dust. I really don't want to stray into outright Goon comedy as our overarching theme so if you feel that we are going that way, I'm dismayed. I'm really trying not to give that impression.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah, honestly, I like your portrayal of Dust and really want to play in that arena too; I like Mystique mostly for being the most gender-diverse and sexually different character Marvel has, and (at least on my end) I'm having a lot of fun with different character moments and want to keep playing that forward.

The humour's great, but it's definitely not all of it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I want to assure you guys that Stephen's tone is so flip only because he feels completely in control of the situation going on, because he and Tony are Illuminatus and they have plans and they'll work and everything is going to be wonderful.

Also Hercules as a character is kind of a goof so that may be part of the problem.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I can make no excuses for Cat. She is pretty immature, headstrong, flippant, and openly ackowledges that her "sexiness" is a weapon to put people off-balance. On the other hand, she has a pretty good reason for it, which involves not trusting men for reasons. Also, cat puns. Can't be helped.

But Dust is coming off great, so don't change a thing. Our interactions may be pretty odd, but thats what makes them interesting, because we're all different characters, with different voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I want to assure you guys that Stephen's tone is so flip only because he feels completely in control of the situation going on, because he and Tony are Illuminatus and they have plans and they'll work and everything is going to be wonderful.

Also Hercules as a character is kind of a goof so that may be part of the problem.

Yeah, Herc is a character that it's hard not to have fun with. Once poo poo gets serious I'll have him badass it up some but until then he really is a big goon.

• Locked thread