Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
If you mean they evacuated everyone in a Jersey shore suburb under some flimsy legal pretext/babble about terrorist attacks, yes. Man Snookie's dad is going to be pissed the government broke his Venetian glass windows with suicide bombing robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Puppies are dicks posted:

Snookie's dad is going to be pissed the government broke his Venetian glass windows with suicide bombing robots.

This is the sort of quote that deserves to be taken out of context and posted everywhere.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
If the next battle with Ross doesn't involve Hercules and The Captain re-enacting old School Legion of Doom wrestling moves then I don't know why I play this game.

Alternate comedy answer, the Nasty Boys old Pit Move. That may be a war crime if shield hears about it though.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I am pretty pumped, and full of energy. I need some action. Gimme danger, man!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I actually have time to do an update today! It's been go-go-go for two weeks straight.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

I actually have time to do an update today! It's been go-go-go for two weeks straight.

YEAH!! This is good news, because I am sick, and have been cooped up all week, with nothing to do, and it's making me crazy! I'm watching b-movies, and kung-fu films, and I need the excitement!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm not sure how to feel about Iron Fist calling his known associates and going "HELLO, THIS IS DANNY RAND AKA IRON FIST, WHO SHIELD IS PURSUING, I WILL BE AT YOUR OFFICE SOON, NO AMBUSHES PLEASE" so many times in a row.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Secretly inviting ambushes because every SHIELD ambush turns out to be a mild media spectacle that causes ridiculous amounts of property damage and incidentally highlights how they're totally bugging the private, non-criminal cell phone conversations? I would NEVER do that in the hopes that (probably) registered SHIELD agents calling down the fiery power of Satan in public or setting off a giant bomb will turn out to be off-putting to people or anything... :kimchi:

Although wait did I remember to slip in a mention about how I'm calling people that I haven't used before but hired on retainer in advance?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I assume since you said you're not good at espionage, you paid them with easily traceable bank money.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

You mean SARA lets the government peep in on my private/corporate bank accounts without so much as a warrant or subpoena? But I bank at Bank of America! What happened to probable cause and uh... that other thing? Innocent until proven guilty? :innocent: Seriously, get me Regis and Kathy and I'll sell this intrusive legislative over reach thing so hard that the soccer mom/Don't Tread on Me crowd letter campaign the hell out of senators with vulnerable mid term seats.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Have you considered trying to be a loving superhero instead?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Puppies are dicks posted:

You mean SARA lets the government peep in on my private/corporate bank accounts without so much as a warrant or subpoena? But I bank at Bank of America! What happened to probable cause and uh... that other thing? Innocent until proven guilty? :innocent: Seriously, get me Regis and Kathy and I'll sell this intrusive legislative over reach thing so hard that the soccer mom/Don't Tread on Me crowd letter campaign the hell out of senators with vulnerable mid term seats.

You're on the run from the law, duder. You better believe there's warrants. I would recommend trying to stick to using cash. And not sending text messages to Tony Stark. I kind of didn't see that one coming but that will cause some problems. Remember what we learned from the Winter Soldier: the digital world is an open book!

If Strange didn't keep the Tony Stark copy from SHIELD you'd be fighting armies of Galactusbuster armors, so at least you got that going for you.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 30, 2014

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

A team with the Captain on it should actively avoid any actual superheroing. He's just awesome at PR. Just don't mind the smell, or booze, or vomit

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Everyday I look for new posts and everyday I get a little sadder. Who will punch Beast's face if not for us?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sorry, I'm just really busy right now. I have to break in five new journalists!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wait, have I posted? poo poo I thought I'd posted something. Aaaaaah

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Everyone, make all the posts! POST ALERT! SITUATION CRITICAL!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Look at this smug face. This is the face that will remain un-punched each day there's not a post.

But seriously I like this game and don't want it to die

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I will make an update within the next two days. I would say by tomorrow but I have a thing.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Morand posted:

Look at this smug face. This is the face that will remain un-punched each day there's not a post.

But seriously I like this game and don't want it to die

Wanna punch that face so bad. Total backpfeifengesicht.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Lager posted:

Wanna punch that face so bad. Total backpfeifengesicht.

Hm I wonder if I have anything...

I want to promise something similarly in the next few days but tbh I'm pretty Tom Cruise out.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

So happy to hear! I was getting a little worried, but I knew that, just like real comic book heroes, this game could never really die.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah! Totally here and posting like I mostly said I would, and I even got in before Defiance too Unfortunately I don't know the German compound word for suck on that and thus resort to emoticon. :P

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A phone book? Now you're thinking like a guy who has SHIELD trying to track his movements!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Hey I'm pretty certain I mentioned a phone book like weeks ago. :colbert: What I don't remember though is if I remembered to post something about using PP to crank out new scene resources but I probably won't be able to check/roll until 14 hours from now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And we're back. Dropping significant poo poo all over the place, and also the Avengers get to fight a new robot monster!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Robot monsters are the ultimate in significance (especially when they join together to become even bigger robot monsters).

Is Zaya still chilling with Namor, by the way? Or is she back at the safehouse?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Reminds me that I ought to get some protest signs printed, NOT MY AVENGERS

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Is the Captain wandering about drunk while Iron Fist and Herc talk to the old lady? Expect real post from me after I get an answer to this absolutely pressing and important question.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You could also be with them. Senator Doons just doesn't know who you are. Your call here.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

You could also be with them. Senator Doons just doesn't know who you are. Your call here.

And I posted. The Captain has decided to shoehorn himself in.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Are we still laughing at things in Dr. Doom's dream diary? Because I think I've got some stuff that could go up on the hitlist... those enigmatic eyebrows :allears:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

The Doom/Namor bromance is one of my favorite elements in all of comic books. I want to see a buddy comedy with them and T'Challa on spring break.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So are we dead?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It pains me to admit, but it's getting harder and harder to sit down and do full updates. With what all I have going on, my SA activity is mostly limited to something I post on my phone while waiting in line. I realize I've basically failed everyone and I'd rather not admit it but I don't see that changing soon. There's the big disconnect at work between having ideas and actually implementing them, I guess.

I had a lot of fun when I was firing on all cylinders, but I learned a lot about things that are bad ideas, too. I started this game when I was a community college student working a night job watching a desk. That meant tons of free time. Now that's not really the case anymore. The thing is that I ran with way too many ideas at once and committed to a plan that was loving gargantuan in scale. It's been, what, two years? We're not even to the end of Act 2, and that's because I wanted to do literally everything that came to mind.

So... yeah. If everyone wants to know the top-secret plans I had for the rest of the game (which I figured would have other people adding stuff in), I could probably post them up here.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Has it really been two years? Wow I hadn't noticed. I think given the duration of the game alone this has been a long and event-laden ride for all of us, and although everybody's fallen off the wagon now and then with slow-posting and occasionally forgetting about the game overall a lot of fun was had. I had fun anyway, and it was good playing with everybody.

:sadwave:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It... can't be! It just can't! Somebody has to swoop in and rescue this thread!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
this game has been pretty great to read throughout and I'm annoyed I didn't get in on the ground floor as She Hulk.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm super bummed that we won't be able to see the climactic clusterfuck where we fight both the Warbound and the Annihilation Wave at the same time.

While an Incursion turns the sky weird colors and also Access is bringing over the Justice League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'm super bummed that we won't be able to see the climactic clusterfuck where we fight both the Warbound and the Annihilation Wave at the same time.

While an Incursion turns the sky weird colors and also Access is bringing over the Justice League.

Funny you should mention something else from Hickman's run, because I kept seeing him snipe my ideas. Like a supervillain version of the Illuminati, for example. The difference is mine was led by Loki (who some of you have already met without knowing) and was called the Majestic-12. While Namor was not in charge, they DID want to recruit him.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 28, 2014

• Locked thread