Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Wasn't Team Thunderbolts on the way to the Baxter building with the Hood's corpse in tow? That's what I remember the Punisher doing I think. Shadow jack had just had a team briefing with Hill but that may have been a retcon from when all three of us were supposed to hit her up in chat and afterwards we may have all been put on the same heli boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

ibntumart posted:

Hey Sion, I was going to post, but am not sure where Shadowjack is. Last I remember he was with Black Cat and the Punisher on the helicarrier speeding toward the Red Hulks, right?

As for Zaya, should I just have her show up somewhere or did you an entrance in mind? (I don't care either way, honestly, just want to get her back in!)

Just have her show up in Jersey, it's turning into the most happenin' place. At this rate, Clint and Simon will probably get roped into helping Jen serve the God Squad that summons in person, so the more the messier!

I think Shadowjack was still meeting with Hill? Or he just left. But I don't know if I remember him being on Hood corpse transport duty.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Puppies are dicks posted:

Wasn't Team Thunderbolts on the way to the Baxter building with the Hood's corpse in tow? That's what I remember the Punisher doing I think. Shadow jack had just had a team briefing with Hill but that may have been a retcon from when all three of us were supposed to hit her up in chat and afterwards we may have all been put on the same heli boat.

Oh, poo poo, that's right! The Baxter building is the only place that you can get that briefcase to open up and see what's in the box

How does our wonderful Black Cat player feel about maybe givin' Felicia the shield? She'd be as good at angles and suchlike as Captain America....

Sion fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 19, 2015

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Gonna wait on Shadowjack post then and Black Cat taking up the shield (this must happen).

As for Zaya, having her waltz into the middle of the Hulkmania works for me if it's cool with you, Sion. She was on the lam with Herc and Iron Fist at one point anyway, be nice to have a reunion.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
The... the SHIELD?!? Oh man. It's not what I had in mind. BECAUSE IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

The... the SHIELD?!? Oh man. It's not what I had in mind. BECAUSE IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!

You'll probably have to fight Punisher for it.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I sense the best tug-of-war ever in the works.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Sion posted:

You'll probably have to fight Punisher for it.

Aye that would probably fall under the heading of (don't steal) "anything too important" so it's spiney bullety time for us once she opens that bag. Or it could be a knockoff made of vibranium or something right?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Aye that would probably fall under the heading of (don't steal) "anything too important" so it's spiney bullety time for us once she opens that bag. Or it could be a knockoff made of vibranium or something right?

Well- Captain America is (maybe) in space right now and that means he's entirely out of the game. So is another Captain, come to think of it.

Then again, if you were going to make a knock-off of the shield, why would you not just go with something cheap and lovely like Adamantium? Vibranium is hella expensive.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NOW you see why I said you couldn't dose yourself with the Extremis vial inside that case.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am all kinds of in favor of Black Cat-tain America. Also, hop on my sky-cycle, Simon, my friend who is literally capable of flight. Let me give you a ride.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Just a heads up though: Cat isn't carrying that case. She left it with the Tinkerer, for safe keeping, and went off on this crazy Thunderbolts scheme to hopefully find an opportunity to steal the password/Tony's voice override, so they could get it open. drat Stark, and his nano-machines. Anyway, what I was thinking, since Songbird showed up, is that she could help get the thing open with her super voice, if we could only get the right override phrase.

Edit: Damnit, Randall! I was saving that joke.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Just a heads up though: Cat isn't carrying that case. She left it with the Tinkerer, for safe keeping, and went off on this crazy Thunderbolts scheme to hopefully find an opportunity to steal the password/Tony's voice override, so they could get it open. drat Stark, and his nano-machines. Anyway, what I was thinking, since Songbird showed up, is that she could help get the thing open with her super voice, if we could only get the right override phrase.

Edit: Damnit, Randall! I was saving that joke.

Super Voice could work but then again you could try taking it to the Baxter building. See if there's someone there smart enough to get that thing open...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

From Cat's perspective, the fewer people know about it, the better. I mean, the whole reason she has the case is because she thinks it's full of whatever the hell Extremis is, and wants to sell it to the mysterious party that hired her to swipe it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Obviously what Sion is implying is you need to get a Richards to help. Time for Black Cat to become Valeria's favorite babysitter! She probably won't tell her dad about your stolen briefcase. Probably.

also sorry for stealing your joke :ohdear:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, yeah, but Reed is the kind of guy who's either going to be incredibly easy to con, or perfectly impossible to con, and Cat doesn't want to out-right ask someone like him to help her open a top-secret ultra-tech briefcase that she stole from Tony Stark. Reed's pro reg, and this is definitely reg business. She can't have him narcing on her. Though befriending Valeria is a good idea. Everything is forgiven, friend!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
So I sat down to try and write something for War Machine and The Captain and I'm just not feeling this anymore. Rather then force it I think I'll just drop out.

Thanks for teaching me the system guys! Hope to see more games in the future.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh no! I was really looking forward to the short drunken three man roadtrip across Jersey in some Winnebago/Escalade. Does this mean the floodgates are scheduled to open again for re-recruitment?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Oh no! I was really looking forward to the short drunken three man roadtrip across Jersey in some Winnebago/Escalade. Does this mean the floodgates are scheduled to open again for re-recruitment?

Well, we still got six people with two characters each. I think we're set for the time being. (Still, shame about the lack of road trips.)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Randall: Do you want to post next? Because I was waiting until you posted to post next and I just want to make sure we're not in one of those "both people are waiting for the other person" loops.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 21, 2015

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Well, we still got six people with two characters each. I think we're set for the time being. (Still, shame about the lack of road trips.)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Randall: Do you want to post next? Because I was waiting until you posted to post next and I just want to make sure we're not in one of those "both people are waiting for the other person" loops.

Yeah, I'll make one sometime tomorrow. Thanks for waiting for me.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

So I guess Johnny's on his own, then? :smith:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, it ought to make reuniting the player characters easier, if nothing else. Sad to see you go, though, Morand.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Well, it ought to make reuniting the player characters easier, if nothing else. Sad to see you go, though, Morand.

I've really had a blast in the thread and I hope I wasn't terrible. I just didn't want to try and post for the sake of posting. I think it would get boring quick and The Captain should never be boring.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
But how does Hawkeye know about things in New Jersey??? :iiam:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

You hit me in the feelings, Randall. YOU HIT ME IN THE FEELINGS.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I briefly considered making some sort of reference to Bobbi being alive and with Clint instead, as part of Universe "Only The Good Runs", but then I decided no, let's just go for really sad Hawkeye instead. At least Secret Invasion is right around the corner! :unsmith:

Also, I'm happy to continue in-flight conversation or arrive at Hank's, Lurks. Up to you (or Sion).

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

RandallODim posted:

I briefly considered making some sort of reference to Bobbi being alive and with Clint instead, as part of Universe "Only The Good Runs", but then I decided no, let's just go for really sad Hawkeye instead. At least Secret Invasion is right around the corner! :unsmith:

Also, I'm happy to continue in-flight conversation or arrive at Hank's, Lurks. Up to you (or Sion).

Good runs would include Thunderbolts in which saving Mockingbird's ghost was a major arc, so the continuity of the Only Good Runs universe is preserved.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

RandallODim posted:

This conversation works better if we're both kind of miserable anyway. Anyway, I'll get a response to you up soon. I figure there's no harm in keeping this conversation going until Sion sets things up at the tower.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Maltose posted:

Good runs would include Thunderbolts in which saving Mockingbird's ghost was a major arc, so the continuity of the Only Good Runs universe is preserved.

Right you are! The fabric of the universe remains stable for another day.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

This conversation works better if we're both kind of miserable anyway. Anyway, I'll get a response to you up soon. I figure there's no harm in keeping this conversation going until Sion sets things up at the tower.

I'm just worried about at what point I'm obligated to start inflicting Emotional Stress on myself. Civil War: Thrill as Hawkeye and Wonder Man slip further into melancholy and depression!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hey, sorry I disappeared for weeks with no explanation; life stuff happened (grad school applications oh god) and then I just didn't feel in the right headspace for posting, though I am now. Of course, no one else has posted either, so are we still doing this?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Like RandallODim, I let this slip due to work, life issues (good stuff like getting to hang out with my wife and also finally hitting the gym, but you know, still time-occupying), and trying to keep my other games going. Sorry to all and sundry. :(

That said, I am ready to catch up and jump back in if the game is still on! And if it's not, well, dammit, I'll stick around while one of us gets the crazy idea to take the reins and keep it going anyway. This game has gone on so long and we've done so much that I refuse to let Mark Millar's Civil War have more permanence than our version.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Agreed. We can never let this game die. Not until the story is finished.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Hic ego sum

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

New request, please field Ares as the next obvious Pro-Reg God-tier hero we encounter so that we can have a legendaray rap battle in the middle of the street like Gods are wont to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_xFOmYxKYw

(Bumping this like one of Zeus' disgusting rapeape yifformations)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
All right, if no one else steps up by Friday, I will volunteer to at least run us through the Red Hulk slugfest and try to find some sort of hook to get people set up for the next scene. Though fair warning: I am jonesing to have Doomwhipper make his triumphant debut.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

ibntumart posted:

All right, if no one else steps up by Friday, I will volunteer to at least run us through the Red Hulk slugfest and try to find some sort of hook to get people set up for the next scene. Though fair warning: I am jonesing to have Doomwhipper make his triumphant debut.

Honestly, if it comes to that I think I'm going to drop out. Not because I don't want to play, but because I feel like having a one-person X-Force angle here is part of why there's been so much burnout lately. Just one less thing to worry about, y'know?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm still around and interested, but if Lurks drops it'll just be Clint alone, so I don't know what would happen there either. I'd certainly like to stick around if the game keeps going, though!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

How much money would we have to pay someone to be the permanent GM, and not ever have a job or other obligations? Can we patreon this?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I'd be almost tempted to pitch in for something like that. Really hate to see this game flatline. :(

We do need a permanent GM. The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense for me or anyone to just jump in to wrap up a scene and hope someone else decides to continue. Especially since DI had a clear vision for where things were going and I'm sure a lot of the set-up so far ties into plot stuff we don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Realistically all I can afford to chip in with are amusing internet pictures of cats and kind comments. But I do like all of you, your characters, and playing this game so have the following offering gratis please.

• Locked thread