Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Back before the current North and South version I threw together a hasty voice replacement to get rid of the harsh voice files back then. It still works, even with the new update (although the United States voice files have been vastly improved).

If you fancy having a sneaky peak, pop it on download, slam it in WinRAR, unpack those files, and have a cheeky listen.
In the pack you'll fin four folders, ignore the files labelled "old" and use the files in the other two folders, I separated them in case you wanted to replace only one faction's voice files.

To replace: open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\North and South\Sounds and move the files you want to add to the mod, replace all when asked, grab a cup of tea or a nice cool gin a tonic, and enjoy!

I took the voice files from Creative Assembly's Fall Of The Samurai expansion for Shogun 2, the files are from the US Marine unit.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59355994/Files/New%20Voices.rar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

How about a nice gif for North and South?

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Looking forward to the chaos tonight! I'll search for you all from across the field, and probably get my head taken off by a cannon ball while doing so...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

I just had a couple of thoughts bounding about in my skull for the North and South rules:

* No more than two officers (revolvers) per regiment
* A regimental scout should be allowed
* Regiments can travel/fire with maximum 1-2 man spacing
* Officer can dismount from his/her horse
* All chaps in a regiment must use the same gun type
* Regiments must field an entire musician corps (complete with fifer, drummer, bugler, and bagpipes where available) and colour guard <---- #optional#

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 28, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

I've considered all of these and they make sense. Also been thinking about pretty much saying gently caress realism and have all line just fix their bayonet at the start at once. It'll encourage people to get closer to shoot at each other instead of playing 19th Century Sniper line and dragging out the round.

That would be a fantastic idea, it would differentiate the sharpies from the line infantry a little better as most sharpshooters don't have bayonets as far as I can remember... Perhaps it would encourage a few bold commanders to recreate Picket's charge as well

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Look mum, I made a music replacement package for Blood and Iron!

This adds some new music files so that you're not always listening to the same old songs over and over again from their extensive playlist of three songs. I also managed to find some HQ versions of certain songs that were originally used (best example is the Fridericus Rex song which had clips from a film playing amongst the awesome music)

To download it, click here!

Open the zip and unpack the folder and file to your Blood and Iron folder, replace the music.txt and the music folder already in there. Don't forget to backup the originals though!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

My bad :S The .txt file won't work until you open it and change the 17 to 16 and save it again.

If you like I can upload a new zip file for the dropbox...

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 2, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Heading back to the North and South posts from a couple of weeks ago, blowing the dust off, and perhaps sweeping a cobweb or two away...

For those wishing to indulge in North and South again, or perhaps if there are any more events, this Tumblr blog is defiantly worth a visit, and will help you brush up on your Civil War facial hair!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

In my quest for an ever more enjoyable "Mount and Blade whatever mod" experience, I stumbled across the most recent update for the Anglo Zulu War mod (I had completely forgotten that this thing was still in existence) - The first thing that struck me when I began to play it, was how good the guns sounded! The second thing that I thought of was "I wonder how these sounds would sound in Blood and Iron" and hey presto! I present my second B&I sound pack!

Use this pack to replace the rifle shot sounds, reload sounds, bullet passing and ground impact sounds, and I added some files to replace the British shouts - just because I can... Install as you would the other sound mods for M&B...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

New addition to the pack (I still have no idea what to call it, its more than a texturepack):

The kick from the Bear Force II mod:

Pants, would this be a potential candidate for your musician mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6HfV2oF5I

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 19, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Well, the time is ripe chaps, it is time for a little bit of a change with the old Napoleonic Wars... Strap your bandoliers on, grab you most outrageous hat, and prepare a nice brandy, and have a look at this NW Beautifier I've thrown together!

Meanwhile, enjoy some screenshots!

British:

Field Marshal:

Coldstream Guards:

Highlanders:

60th Rifles:

Sailors:

French:

Field Marshal:

Elite Hussars:

1er Tirailleurs (light):

Ship's Crew:

Horse Artillery:

Prussia/Austria:

Austrian Officers:

Prussian FKI Jägers:

Prussian Foot Guard:

Prussian Landwehr:

Russian:

Field Marshal:

1805 Soum Hussars:

The download link is HERE!^
- Not only does this pack include skins, but sounds as well! Have a look at those if you're interested...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Jolly old Napoleonic whack-an-officer kicking off in around 40 minutes as off this post!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

If anyone has two and a half hours to spare, they've got the whole "55 Days At Peking" on youtube, well worth the watch if you enjoy stuff about the Boxer Rebellion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9q-75TRZQg

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Hey Parrot, word on the street is that you're making a mod for Rome at War to replace the music with the Rome: Total War soundtrack. Is this true? Are you also working to replace the taunts with voice clips from R:TW? I ask because I'm doing the same thing (or at least, trying).

Well if this isn't classed as a late reply, then I guess nothing is really... In short, yes, or at least, I'm trying to...

I have created the music pack, which you legates and legionnaires can grab over here!

In terms of the voice mod, it may take a little longer. All factions use the same voice files, and my stomach turns at the thought of some hairy barbarian shouting "TRIARII" in the middle of a swamp battle against the Macedonians, it makes less sense than the Rome II AI's diplomacy skills... So I might look into combining some of NWs' factions specific yells with the RaW stuff and see how that goes (but don't get your hopes up)

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

I have updated, added, and generally mucked about with that texture pack thingy I did a few weeks ago... I don't think it can be called a texture pack anymore, its more of an enhancement.

I'm still working on it, so if you see any buggy bugs then give me a shout. But meanwhile, enjoy a slightly different look at NW!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Spacemarine9 posted:

Bug: You haven't included Pants' music pack. You cannot truly say the game is enhanced until you do so. :colbert:

I was thinking about that! Might do a version that includes it, but the new music folder in the pack doesn't overwrite Pant's epic mod!

Sneaky edit:

On the subject of Pants' music mod... would this be a contestant for another bagpipe song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZmD-K8u0jQ

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 16, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

The 19th century Neanderthal...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Oh I noticed that there were some death glitches in Pants' recording, where some bodies would remain upright and not fall to the ground, if you have the enhancement mod and have this glitch try setting the number of ragdolls to "unlimited" in your options...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

I had a little play with the NW Rome mod earlier today, it seems pretty good from what I saw... Only two factions so far, but they're balanced. So far, I prefer it over the Rome at War mod for some reason, which might have something to do with the fact that it's using the NW code, and the Latin shouts are awesome!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Pants wasn't live streaming tonight's battle? D:

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

By the Queen! That enhancement mod from a while back is finally finished! Grab the full, final version HERE

What this pack includes:

*United Kingdom*
Infantry:
- Dirty Uniforms: 44th East Essex by Hinkel & Diplex
- Rifles: 60th Rifles by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Highlanders: Removed excess fluff from hats
- Ship's Crew: Added clothes to torso (taken from the Blood & Iron French Partizani)
Cavalry:
- Wellington: Used the old Coldstream Guard tunic and Attila's Marshal hat to create a Bitish Marshal
Artillery:
- n/a

*France*
Infantry:
- Light: 1er Tirailleurs Red Vests by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Marines: 5e compagine des marins de la garde by Svennson
- Ship's Captain: Chasseur a Pied in Great Coat by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Ship's Crew: Removed the hats, added straw hat & boatswain's hat, added clothes to torso (from the Blood & Iron French Partizani)
Cavalry:
- Napoleon: French Marshal by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Hussars: Recoloured the hussars to Elite Hussards
Artillery:
- French Horse Artillery by berserkergang/Attila the Nun

*Prussia*
Infantry:
- Jägers: Freikorps Jägers by Betaknight
- Foot Guard: Prussian Grenadier Update by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Landwehr: Navy blue Landwehr with yellow faving by Doctor Scherzando
Cavalry:
- General: Created a Prussian Field Marshal skin from the old Foot Guard tunic, Nurdbot's Prussian officer hat, and the old medals
- Landwehr: 6. Ulahn Regiment by I-can't-remember-the-guy's-name
Artillery:
- n/a

*Austria*
Infantry:
- Austrian Line Officers: Austrian Officer Greatcoat by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
Cavalry:
- n/a
Artillery:
- n/a

*Russia*
Infantry:
- Rifles: Jäger Regiment of the Life Guards by Yukimura_Sanada
Cavalry:
- General: Gave the field marshal Atilla's marshal bicorn
- Hussars: Recoloured the Soum Hussars to 1805 Soum Hussars
Artillery:
- Artillery of the Guard by Yukimura_Sanada

*Animations, Sound, and More*
- Shouldered sword animation by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Horse sword animation by berserkergang/Attila the Nun
- Mount and Musket shouldered arms animation courtesy of Nurdbot
- Officer hat replacements courtesy of Nurdbot
- Replaced default kick with the high kick from the Bear Force II mod
- New death animations from N&S and Full Invasion 2
- Sound replacement mod:
+ Muskets and pistols: modified files from Diplex's sound mod (musket sounds from Master and Commander, modified with echo sounds from STW: FOTS)
+ Cannons, rockets, explosions, fuse, hit-by-cannonball: modified sounds from NTW Darthmod
+ Boat skining sound: Shogun 2 TW
+ Drowning sounds: Shogun 2 TW
+ Pirate voices to Marine Voices from the HMS Warrior: Shogun 2 TW
+ All male voices: Napoleon Total War

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Meanwhile: Bello Civili has updated!

quote:

New features

Added an entire new faction: Ptolemaic Egyptian faction.
Added fire javelins to some units.
Added Praetorian guard unit to Romans.
Added many new Greek helmets, made by Admiral!
Improved the look of Roman auxiliaries.
Added many new maps.
Tons of new props like Pyramids, Palms and more!
Added plebs to Romans.
Added navy captains to Roman marines.
First player legions added.

Changes

Reduced agility on all units to reduce "dancing" style combat and encourage formations.
Added weights to armor.
Matched officer speed with that of rankers.
Reduced damage of all bows.
Extremely slight buff to fire arrows to make them at least worth using.
Nerfed kopis damage.
Rescaled commander battle troop numbers, weaker units now get more troops.
Rebalanced Assassins, now the assassin is weak, but his weapon is strong, and it cannot be picked up if dropped, and has a penalty with a shield.
Reduced chance of spear bouncing when stabbing.

I've also managed to create a voice mod for it, it replaces the questionable voices that they used with files from Rome II TW. Pick it up overe here...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

I've made a post on the FSE forums with regards to my enhancement pack, now it can be removed from the dropbox to free up some space.

The link

Post includes pics so you know what you're getting into before you download it!

(Don't forget, it's fully compatible with Pant's awesome music mod!! Bonus for Goons)

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

More Blood and Iron pictures from the devs:

quote:

Here are some of the officers, i actually forgot to post them yesterday, sorry for that.
They're not the most exciting units, their uniforms are mainly the ranker with less baggage.

Not sure if this idle stance for officers has been seen before either.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Screenshot of the line battle from the other night, Nurdbot's looking bad arse as always...

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Gimnbo posted:

Gimnbo posted:

Oh god we're still getting new people. How is this game still selling at full price.

New people get the following (listed in order of priority):

Pants's Music Pack 0.4
A better crosshair
Parrot's Enhancement Pack
North and South 0.404 and Rome at War 2.33 from ~*the dropbox*~ <-- If you want to join the associated events
Bello Civili <-- We're still looking for events for this but are fiending for some action
Since we got some new people.

Might want to update the link to the enhancement, it's now on the FSE forums so the most recent download can be found here

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

We have a Friday event tonight! At 8pm EST, so make sure that you put down your plushies and tell your online girlfriends that you'll be playing video games with Goons all night! What could be better?!

I am also going to be updating my enhancement soon! Here's a sneaky preview:

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 15, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

My enhancement mod has been updated! Yay! No more Freikorps rifles, so no more confusion. And the best thing about it, is that it doesn't overwrite Pant's awesome music mod (which you should download if you don't have it)

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

For those asked, here are some small changes for your enhancement mods:

Enhanced blood only (vanilla smoke)

Vanilla spyglass UI

Yay! :D

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

ExParrot posted:

For those asked, here are some small changes for your enhancement mods:

Enhanced blood only (vanilla smoke)

Vanilla spyglass UI

Enhancement mod showcasing "vanilla smoke with enhanced blood" patch listed above

Showcasing the vanilla spyglass we all know and love (listed above)

Yay! :D

Boogoose's Immaculate Spyglass for Gentlemen (Enhanced spyglass without scratches)

Just dump those in your NW folder as you did with the mod and replace the files...

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 18, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Goons commence their jiggling antics while Nurdbot pretends that he doesn't notice what's going on:

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

That battle wasn't too bad, I found it nice to practice shooting some cannons without being molested by the enemy every two seconds...

Here is how to survive an attack on your battery:

And for those who aren't up to date or would like an adjustment to their mods (I know Boogoose wanted less smoke) here's a link to my thread of the FSE forums, it'll have all the most recent stuff so there's no confusion.

Boogoose, check under the "Individual mod changes" tab for the vanilla smoke patch :D

Oh, and thanks again for the awesome synopsis Nurdbot!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

You'd think so, but it's littered with quick-time events (Press A to pine for a suitor.) And don't even get me started on the gown DLCs.

I'm defiantly up for same virtual ballroom dancing, and I can tell I'll be throwing all of my money into the "extended wigs" dlc!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

My mod now has awesome, easy, .exe files for installation! Now it's even easier to install, and there is even less risk of anything going wrong... Grab it now while it's hot, and before the siege tonight!!

- Update to version 3.0 (with final v4.0 sounds)

- Full Enhancement v3.0 pack

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

The next update for my mod is ready :parrot: , as always Goons will get it before everyone else get's it, because Goons...

Grab the update from version 3 here (make sure you have version 3 installed though, otherwise bugs will happen.

View all of the new unit screenshots here

Adds all sorts of cool new death screams and gargling, over 120 new sounds, new death animations, new combat animations, new menus and in-game UIs, Brunswickers for the British and Dutch Lancers for the French

Edit:
I forgot to add the brunswicker pants to the first installer, please drop this in your textures folder if you downloaded the installer before this edit, I've added the pants to the current link so don't worry if you've downloaded after this edit
Brunswicker pants textures

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 10, 2013

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Bug fixes for you guys: fixes missing legs on Russian arty NCO and broken overhead swing with blunt objects

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Get in the mumbles for some slightly questionable North and South shootery starting in 20!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kWADI4umuM

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Enjoy some sneaky previews of what I'm working on for the next mod update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

With the recent release of Blood and Iron, I've come up with an enhancement mod for a mod (que Inception jokes) Find the thread for it here.

It does the following things:
- Fixes the grass
- Adds new vegetation
- Palm trees make a comeback in desert maps
- Fixes the rain
- Adds panoramic skyboxes
- New gun and cannon sounds to replace the meh-ish ones added in the last update
- Adds new British female shouts (including "medic" shout!)
- New UI
- New music (35 new songs to listen to!)
- Adds over 200 new sounds from my other mod that keep in Blood and Iron's time period
- Adds new running/marching animations from Mount and Musket

Pick it up on the thread, it's in another easy installer so all we have to do is sit back and dig our hands deeper into that bag of crisps!

• Locked thread