Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I used to do line battles in one of the Prussian units (1st EPI). Wouldn't mind doing some with you guys, but I'm a bit rusty. How is that new patch for Napoleonic Wars anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well, I shot Nurdbot a friend request on steam. The steam group is invite only though.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983301351/ if one of you fine gents can send me an invite. I raided the dropbox as well.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Our victory was strewn with explodey boxes and puffy bird feathers.

Also, Finkle is Einhorn!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deofuta posted:

Breaking my heart Skoll. :smith:

Hey, guy. I just didn't have the time to keep up with all the practices, etc.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather the Thursday Conquest event. The Friday one is forced double lines and other lame poo poo such as no firing while charging, etc.

We've already proven that the "As One" thing doesn't work with Goons.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I've not seen an 1812 mod at all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If we're gonna do the Goonmas Star Wars Gooniday Special thing, we should probably start planning it now for real.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I picked up like four ramrods off the ground and went with the others to deliver pizzas. I didn't know that counted as loving with arty. The ramrods belonged to dead men.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Necro acrobatics.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Are the soundmods installed by just overwriting the original folders?

Yes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Nurdbot has to be dressed as a Partizani though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My lovely AT&T Uverse modem took a poo poo today so don't expect me online for about a week. This is the third time one of their modems have burnt out in as many years.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel as if I'm missing great things. Wednesday needs to get here so I can put in the new drat router.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Suspect Bucket posted:

Do you guys recommend any other clans for line battles? I'm really interested in playing on a team in Napoleon, not so much the other mods. I usually go goon groups all the way, would you all hate me if I double dipped?

I was, and I believe Deofuta still is, in the 1st EPI. They're a good group if you don't mind having to show up to practices and memorize actual parade drills, etc.. Good group of guys too, not the usual buncha kids that most regiments are.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I see Bello Civili got released and they're scheduling events for it. Are we getting in on this?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Up for the Saturday NW Roman event as long as it's after 3 EST.

Didn't a few of us talk about using the skull icon?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I believe a google vote whatever the gently caress thing is in order.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

My ballot is cast! May crucified horses rain upon all!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Count Mippi posted:

Great job everyone; tonight was fun. Special shoutout to Gooniverse for taking a musket ball for me so I could close the gate in the final round. In keeping with this mod's sperg community, I have made you an Official DraGoons Medal for you to display:

Wear it proudly, brave goon!

I believe the entire unit should get a Legion of Meritorious Goonery award.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hope you get your PC poo poo figured out, man. Me and the rest of the guys are anxious to deliver more Napoleonic era pizzas.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. My work hours changed so usually by the times events start, I just get home and I'm too utterly exhausted to play. I'll try to make one soon, as it's the holidays and my field doesn't really have a "holiday rush".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Last round was definitely the best. Goon heavy cav is best cav.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

It always boggles me when the vocal crew is all "Let's play dragoons guys we're good at it!" when we're terrible at shooting.

Protip: goons are good at heavy and heavy cav alone, as they have the heavy sabres which are longer then the normal ones. This means they hit more and they hit sooner then the enemy cav, which makes up for the "skill disparity". Goons are decent at arty, but arty is pretty easy and everyone not on a cannon kinda loafs around for fifteen minutes.

Be a horse.

As one of those vocal minority, I have to say you're correct. I'm always bitching about being Dragoons probably just because of our name, but half the time we're just not that good at it. It's also nice to have a musket as well as cavalry sabre...

But yes, to reiterate you are abso-loving-lutely correct. From now on when we're Cav, we should go heavy as we seem to just steamroll everything in our path. Maybe we can get custom taco hats for all the heavy cav for ourselves as well?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To assume anyone is trying to be "in charge" is wrong. We've always strived to strike a balance between having goony fun, and you know.. actually trying to win. Part of the reason we don't hold practices ( but maybe should once in awhile ) is because a lot of goons now consider such a thing the ultimate in sperginess.. Yet those same goons are always the ones who bitch when they die to a bayonet wizard, get killed, lose a round, etc.

It all comes down to it just being a game, but like any other like to win too. I don't mind being the Cohorts after dicking around and I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume everyone knows I'm one of those guys who always wants to play cavalry ( and I have to give Nurdbot props for acquiescing me sometimes, because we do have a few people who truly enjoy cav)...

If there DOES appear to be a "Goon in charge" culture here, well I'd say it's deserved since the ones who take charge are the ones who've been here longest and actually know what they're doing. A lot of us have had experience in actual NW regiments and can attest to the Goons having nowhere even NEAR the same amount of BS or sperginess in one of those. It's not even in the same galaxy.

Anyway, I'll shut the gently caress up. It's 8 AM, I haven't had my coffee yet and I have to leave for work soon.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

You have to remember that Snatch is the worst goon and to ignore him outright, though.

Hard to ignore something so fat.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SeanBeansShako posted:

Dude is like death on horseback, and that is good enough for me.

Also, we got our American NW siege event tonight in less than two hours. Also, I'm looking into getting us a new EU event possibly on the weekend.

Also, check out this neat gun powder era multiplayer game in development. Proper 18th century ship on ship action (with possible boarding) sometime next year! huzzah!

Long as it doesn't suck like Pirates of the Burning Sea, I'm game for this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Siege event starts in 20 minutes! :getin: goons!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Couple of personal high lights from tonights siege event :

Unno what happened to this guy, but it looked painful.

I put a rifle through someones face. Literally.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

Here's a highlight from tonight's siege event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQrLsACYjw

Are you and Endman the only ones to take videos? I had a funny idea for a Goon Death collage of just our funniest or mass deaths caught on camera.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ExParrot posted:

For those asked, here are some small changes for your enhancement mods:

Enhanced blood only (vanilla smoke)

Vanilla spyglass UI

Yay! :D

Can you post screenshots of both, please?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:getin:

loving goons.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Always fun when an entire enemy line is chasing your rear end down.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gimnbo posted:

Merely existing makes you look kickable to goons.

I second this.

The other day when we were rifles, I went and found the guy who TK'd me pre-live and kicked him twice after we went live and then ran off.

It's rule 34 for goon NW. If it exists, you can kick it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
NA Siege event in 10 minutes. :getin:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't make it because I had to spend part of my evening dealing with Wal-Mart over a loving TV.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What if we're the slave owners?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Agree with Deutsch. I'm not putting up with/endorsing that kind of bullshit by playing in their poo poo-tastic event.

EDIT: Nurdbot, any way we can get in on that custom uniform stuff for N&S?

Skoll fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 4, 2013

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nine of Eight posted:

I propose we start a group dedicated to role playing bitter alcoholic veterans of the Napoleonic wars and generally being a nuisance to the upper class nobs trying to court each other.

I would seriously play it if we did this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

You don't realize, but we were making fun of Sid Meier's Pirates melee a few days ago. The dancing should count as lovely melee too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My demand for the music mod :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8bm6XlxuCY

• Locked thread