Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
I'd like opinions on whether or not a mk3 is worth paying more than a 6D if I am selling my 7D kit to afford it. I take food/concert photography with most of my income coming from food. The idea of built-in wifi and GPS make me extremely happy as does the lighter weight but I dunno y'all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Depends on how much you need that godly Mk3 AF

This is pretty much it, along with greater durability and some semblance of "future-proofing." Also, after playing with both the 6D had less to offer as far as quickly changing settings go - the UI seems god awful whereas the mk3 is very similar to the 7D setup I'm used to.

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
Yeah, harder to navigate without joystick but I'd probably get used to it.

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
Random question: if I tweak the focus on my lens manually after autofocusing does that hurt it?

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
Awesome thanks y'all. Randomly got paranoid that I was loving up the motors on my lenses. So what's the point of having an AF / MF slider on the lens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008

Shellman posted:

Question mostly because the roomie rented a 6d and now I want to skip a vacation and grab one. :(

Just grabbed a 6D and I love it.