Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
The 60D may be a plastic piece of poo poo upgrade if you owned a 50D but it feels like a pretty solid upgrade if you owned a Rebel.

Canon's plan for camera bodies seems to defy logic but as long as there's good bodies and I can take good pictures I don't really give a poo poo. Life's too short to worry about technology only getting incremental upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

Canon lenses would be good values if there wasn't almost always an option from a different manufacture with equal or better performance for a fraction of the cost.
Is there a list of the "better than Canon" lens options? It feels like a list that somebody would make.

Paragon8 posted:

He can take nice pictures but he's a crazy bad writer.
The article is like 90% stupid bullshit and 10% explaining why the lens allows him to get better shots, it's amazing.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

INTJ Mastermind posted:

"Full frame" is for noobs. Get a digital medium format Phase One camera, the real full frame. :smug:
My only goal in photography is to trick people into giving me enough money that I can buy one of these and make prints taller than I am.

Photography the noblest of arts.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
The obvious answer is a Canon PowerGlove.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
I bought Canon poo poo because I once owned a Canon printer. I wonder how much of Canon's market share is made up of people as lazy as me.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

Kommando posted:

Crosspostin from the Science and Tech Image thread. Since there is no dedicated Astrophotography thread and im too :effort: to make one.

The sun, through a Hydrogen alpha filtered solar telescope onto my 550D, enhanced and colour corrected in Lightroom 4.
This is cool! You should make that thread.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
If you have the extra money a 50D wouldn't be a bad call. The XXDs feel better in the hands than a Rebel. Also there's probably some nice features.

I used to think "man photographers are full of such bullshit they just want to buy fancier cameras" but no some of the stuff people say is true.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
I regularly drop my car keys and stub my toes on my own furniture, a lens hood is "for my own good".

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

tarepanda posted:

No, I mean people keep capitalizing it.
Because "raw" is a real word unlike jpg or gif which are easily read even when you don't capitalize them.

Or maybe it's just that street photography is so popular that photogs are picking up on the street slang where "raw" means loving without a condom.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
This is why we should use DNG, which I prefer to pronounce as "dong".

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Izzo, daddy-o.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
If they don't explode, off-brand batteries can be a great deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012