Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois
Why is there a lot of hate against the Canon 35mm f1.4/L? I just purchased one and thought it produces fantastic photos. Albeit I am on a T5i...

I am waiting to see if the 7d Mk2 comes out in September, or will probably drop on a Canon 6d...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Which makes it kind of ironic considering the image was shot with a 35L lens on a T5i...

I just bought a 6d. Will be here tomorrow :dance:

edit:

TheLastManStanding posted:

Maybe it's a work-assigned laptop and he has no control over it. Maybe his work screen doesn't have hdmi. Why are you looking down on someone just because they aren't staying on the cutting edge of technology? Personally, based on what little I know of you two, I'd say he's the smarter man since it would appear that he knows his laptop is good enough and that there is no reason to blow a bunch of money on something he doesn't need. Also there is nothing to indicate he is a boss.

It's not his office. His actual desk is piled with paperwork. But that is our ideology at work, no need to spend more on technology if it works and continues to make our work efficient by running the programs we need it do!

Duccy fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 22, 2014

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013
i like bois

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Certain people are weirdly loyal to Canon even when it comes to lenses that are twice the price of other lenses that are actually better.

Just browse the Canon Rumors forums for a little bit. It's sacrilege to even suggest a Sigma or Tamron sometimes.

Proof (see my post, one page back re: Canon 35mm 1.4). I personally am just weirded out using other brands other than Canon, because I don't like running the risk of having stupid poo poo like dirty connectors causing my lens to stop auto-focusing. I tried the Tamron 17-50 and the thing just poo poo on me one day and I said I would never use non-Canon lenses again. Then again I hate money so