Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

The 24-105 has pretty bad CA and being soft compare to 24-70 II. Go for the 24-70 f4 instead. It'll be smaller, lighter and sharper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah tamron is pretty good too (they basically design/build some canon stuff too).

The 24-105 is kinda old now and most of the newer gen canon lens are much better with better coating and glass design. And that they were made with ultra high res stuff in mind eg. the newer 16-35 f4 and 24-70 are really drat good.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

windex posted:

You have three options:

There's a fourth option of buying a Sony A7R II

https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-a7rii-review-and-hands-on-report/

Basically there are things such as shutter shock, mirror slap and general hand held blurriness that a 5Ds/R or 645 can't really get away with unless you use mirror lockup along with fast enough shutter speed or tripod. And it's not worth the file size if you don't do those things for every shot.

But if you go with the A7R II, you can just get an adapter with the Sony and keep on shooting with your canon lenses while just walking around. You can also enjoy the benefit from much more usable high resolution files due to the lack of mirror and what they've learned from the original A7R eg. electronic first curtain and sensor based IS.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

You still need to buy new lenses if you buy the 645Z though, while you can just upgrade the canon lenses and use it on the 5D3 and A7R2 :v:

And my original point was that you can get more milage for all kind of shooting situations out of the A7R2 compare to the 645Z/5Ds/R even with similar sensor resolution.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Compare to something like the 5D3, AF on the A7R II with metabones iv seem to be as fast or faster and more accurate with the latest body/adapter firmware nowadays.
Especially with Eye AF which is amazing and a godsend when you are shooting people using the 35 1.4 II or 85 1.2 II wide open, as it will literally try to keep the eye in focus.

I'd probably get the 5D4 and sell the 5D3 due to the dynamic range improvement, or just roll with 3 cameras and save the trouble of having to swap lenses :v:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

HookShot posted:

I like my 30D because it weighs so much I can use it as a murder weapon if need be.

Same but with the 1 series for self defense and then use the same camera to take a photo of the body after.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

windex posted:

The real problem Canon and Nikon have is DSLRs are just not fun to use, require too much effort to use well, automate passable results (which disincentivizes growth), and are now only incrementality better at extremes from other cameras in practically every way.

The few pros, as a package, are still necessary for a large population of commerical photographers at the grind every day (or every weekend), but in my case I got out of that and have been struggling to find purpose in a DSLR. And nothing about the 5D4 screamed "buy me", even with a sea of glass in mount.

Not only that, it's that 5D4 is just playing catch up to the rest of the market and getting to the 'about as good as others' point.
The DR/noise level is just a tad worse than the 810 or A7R2. The megapickle count is a bit lower but it's awash for irl shooting. The video aspect is a disappointment of an 1.74x (lol) crop.

It's a decent camera compare to the 5D3 but it kinda falls short when you consider that the D810 has been out for more than 2 years and A7R2 has been out for over a year.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

timrenzi574 posted:

I would think the frame rate options, lack of focus aids, terrible DSLR ergonomics for video use, no 4k hdmi output, and lack of log profiles would be much bigger deals to actual filmmakers over the crop. There are much bigger deals than a crop factor that's compatible with about a squillion cine lenses in existence.
You are right that the crop probably isn't the biggest issue for most people. I just remember it being something a bit worse than the regular super35 factor. The other stuff you mentioned also didn't help though.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Verman posted:

Then I said gently caress it all and bought a Sony RX100 m2 as my travel camera and never looked back. I like being able to put it in my pocket and walk along. I will only lug my SLR around again if I'm going somewhere specifically to capture photos like a safari or Iceland.
Just shoot RAW on the iphone if you really need that mobility :v:

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 21, 2017

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Just buy a piece of welding glass like this for less than 10 bucks and enjoy looking directly at the sun through that, or you can place it in front of your camera to take the shot.

Please dont look into the sun without protection in general.

Also lol @ that people are really mad at canon for charging $100 to enable c-log on the 5D4, and they are arguing with the sony fanboys saying "it's not so bad because the a9 doesn't have s-log either".

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

ArcMage posted:

The Tamron EF-S lenses use the EF mount, but they'll collide with your mirror if you mount them on a full-frame body. Watch yourself there.

The canon EF-S lens has a rubber bumper thing at the back to prevent this from happening by not letting you mounting the lens at all. As in the rubber bumper thing will literally come in contact with the mirror.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Mightaswell posted:

> be canon in the year 2017
> launch a brand new $2000 camera with no 4K
> has lovely dynamic range

people seem to be really mad about the lovely dynamic range or iso invariance of the camera too, it's so bad that the rebel t7i/80d actually has better sensor performance

i guess at least people who bought 5d4 are feeling pretty good right now

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Get the 5D IV. It has better sensor than the 6D2 while having better resolution and video capability than the 1DXII.

Note that 6D2 being on the same dynamic range level as 6D is a really bad thing in the year 2017.

Where we have Sony and Nikon that are both massively better than the old Canon. The newer canon sensor mentioned earlier are only just caught up or still slightly behind Nikon/Sony's 2~3 year old bodies such as the D810/A7R2.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Birding with the 100-400 II is even harder with a body like the a7r2. But at least its auto focus is decently fast if you limit the minimum focus distance.

Also eye tracking focus of the subject works from time to time at the 400mm end for portraits.

It’s somewhat easier on the 5d4 if you do live view and keep tapping on the screen to make sure its locking on at the right place.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

KennyG posted:

For example the 42MP Sony A7r III has the exact same sensor as it's predecessor but has about a stop more DR due to improvements in the imaging circuitry and algorithms.

I'd argue against that and say the A7R III sensor has similar DR as the II, but with stronger on-sensor noise reduction. It's really evident during long exposures where it looked 'cleaner' but also result in the star-eater problem.

https://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/sony-a7rii-star-eater-workaround/

The A7R II has the noise reduction force enabled too when the shutter speed is 4s or longer. So astro shooters have been getting around it by doing continuous-low (instead of self timer/single shot mode) to disable that.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

For people thinking about the RF.

Highly recommend getting something like the sony a7iii/a7r3 or even a7r2 and a sigma mc11.

Since you are going to end up using an adapter anyway and you gain the better quality sensor, proper 4k video and better autofocus due to eyeAF.

Best part is you get in body stabilization vs being charged for the IS repeatedly for every lens.

ama having a bunch of L lenses and dual wielding both a canon and sony body

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

It's not too bad on the a7r2 and you get used to always walking around with a few batteries :v: It's also good practice to keep on swapping the warm ones in your pocket with the cold one in the camera every so often so the battery doesn't get too cold and can't discharge properly.

They supposed to have increased the capacity by a lot in the a7iii and a7r3 though.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Pretty much :v:

King of Bees posted:

What's the consensus on a used 5 dsr for 2k? This is for someone who normally shoots a mkiii with a bag of L lenses. Primary shots are landscapes and portraits with some street and wildlife thrown in with the odd event and occasional product shoot. It would a gift to a very experienced shooter who sells lots of large prints. Thanks Canon thread!

The 5Ds R has great resolution for shooting on tripod with live view/mirror lockup. Otherwise the extra megapixels are wasted on the lack of in body stabilization and mirror shock
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5ds-sr/9

It also has similarly bad dynamic range as the 6DII due to having the old ADC setup, to the point even the 5D IV beats it by a large amount
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3229755227/canon-5d-mark-iv-brings-dramatic-dynamic-range-improvements-to-the-5d-line

If you are set on canon then the 5D4 is probably a better buy, otherwise the a7r2/3 would work really well with stills and portraits. Not to mention the extra dynamic range for landscapes. And you can use your existing bag if L lenses on it with an adapter!

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Prude posted:

While the typical response to Canon's new RF mount offerings on the internet is "just go Sony," that's seemingly not an option here. Since a Fuji gfx 50r would dwarf it in cost anyhow, have you looked into the Canon EOS R? It's basically the mirrorless equivalent of the latest 5D models. Depending on her use case (especially if she tends to use a tripod for her shooting, though its stabilization is no worse than her current camera regardless) it's a solid option from a brand you know she likes, without the mirror issues of the 5DS R, and with her existing L-glass easily adapted to the RF mount via a relatively cheap name brand adapter that Canon offers (bundled in some markets). While the Canon mirrorless full frame lineup is new, their lens roadmap seems to indicate it will grow fast and they've about admitted that they have to prioritize developing their mirrorless system just as the other manufacturers have. It seems like the best set of compromises for her particular wishes at this time.

You still end up adopting your old lenses or having to buy a set of expensive R lenses to go with a lesser sensor.

Canon seem to be trying to maximize their profit through lens sales while locking down features for their expensive cameras.

There are some comparison showing the a7r ii having similar resolution and slightly more dynamic range in the highlights than the medium format pentax 645z. But the medium format has slightly cleaner image in high iso shooting.
https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-a7rii-review-and-hands-on-report/

Also agreed on the personal preference regarding workflow and color preference. But once you learn lightroom enough, you can adjust the HSL sliders individually to make your image look like however you want, including making it more canon-like with the blue sky or skin tone.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Full frame = more glass = more $ and weight.

Prude posted:

But yeah, I meant to say before that I don't think brand colors matter enough to make or break any decision if a person is intending to shoot RAW and post-process themselves.
I understand where the guy comes from and was one of those people who prefer the canon color before too. What got me to switch to lightroom was when I found out that canon's default output is mushy and lacks critical sharpness compare to lightroom.

And being able to manipulate the raws to the sensor's capability is awesome and something Canon DPP couldnt have done eg. using A7R II + EF 16-35 III and boosting the photo's shadow by 5+EV without much noise penalty while exposing for the highlights in a sunset with moving foliage in the foreground.

I agree with the R being a decent compromise where you can still get a somewhat ok sensor that's similar to the IV, but then again using the Sony system also opens you up to some ridiculous lens like the 12-24 f4 G :v:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

dakana posted:

Re: Canon, Sony, colors, and video.
:same:

Oh hey that's basically me but 5D4 with a stack of L lenses. Like you said the color of skintone or sky on canon is nice but you can replicate it with the HSL sliders in lightroom to get sony to look the same.

Also the iso-invariance thing owns on the sony and I also agree with you that the 5D has better weather seal.

The C-log on the canon 5D4 is also somewhat half assed compare to s-log2/s-log3 especially without the proper AVC compression. The 800Mbps data rate on their uncompressed MOV format means you will run out of battery really quickly or memory cards.

And surprise surprise their $10,000 "cinema orientated" C300 II camera has a better c-log option and AVC compression for reasonable file size while giving users only 8MP :rolleyes:

You can see them doing this for the Canon EOS R and RP too by segmenting the system with the lovely sensors and cutting out log recording.

But the 35mm 1.4 II is really nice though!

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

It would be overkill but then you can always use the 70-200 (f/4L IS or the 2.8 II are the ones to buy) on the sweet full frame sensor later too.

The values of those good lenses never really go down until something much better and cheaper came out, which never happens.

So start accumulating those sweet L glass :getin:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

ilkhan posted:

Why oh why is there is an RF 70-200/2.8 on the horizon and not a 70-200/4? I prefer the smaller and cheaper version, instead of the stupid expensive thing. Wondering how the RF/2.8 is going to compare size wise to the EF/4+adapter combo.
The EOS R system is canon's plan to hose their users with expensive lenses that defeats the whole purpose of having a small mirrorless setup. While they basically just transplanted their 5D4 sensor into the R and their lovely 6D Mk 2 sensor into the RP.

Seriously the 28-70 is hilariously huge and the dynamic range of the EOS-RP is worse than the 7 year old 6D mark I.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

President Beep posted:

I have a 7D as well, so I’d get plenty of use out of it...

If anything, I’d probably go for the f/4 with IS.

Oh yeah if you dont need the 2.8 then just save up and get the 100-400 II. It's insanely sharp and comparable to the 2.8 II or the f4L but you also get twice the reach.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

alkanphel posted:

The RF 70-200/2.8 is about the length of an iPhone, if you don't count the fact it extends when you zoom.
But it doesn't exist right now. And when it does it will probably going to cost about 3k.

Also lol @ the RF 28-70 being so oversized that the camera will roll around by the lens if you place it on the table, and it still had bad color fringes.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah 80D and the T7i/800D has great sensors. Similar to the one found on 1DX-II and 5D4 with on-chip analog-digital-converter.

Ironically they went back to the old garbage for 6D mark II and EOS RP. Probably because otherwise no one would buy the R or 5D4.

The EOS-RP that came out a month or two ago is worse than your 3 year old 80D and as bad as the 6~7 year old 6D.
Let that sink in for a moment.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

The R is not too bad if you can get it for that price.
Just keep on using all of your adopted EF lenses and be ok with 3fps when you are doing continuous AF.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/2376449107/report-canon-is-lowering-profit-forecast-20-due-to-shrinking-camera-sales

quote:

'Canon will lower its forecast for the fiscal year ending December 2019. Consolidated operating profit (US GAAP), which indicates the mainstay of the business, is likely to decrease by 20% over the previous fiscal year to just over 270 billion yen. About 50 billion yen lower than the previous forecast. The shrinking of the digital camera market and the deterioration of the semiconductor market due to the functional improvement of smartphones (smartphones) will hit hard.'
Who could have foreseen such a thing when they had almost no new innovation since the 5d4 :shrug:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

harperdc posted:

Cameras are probably the highest profile product Canon makes but I wanted to check and see for myself, and if you dig into their annual report you see that the "Imaging products" only make up 25% of sales volume. By comparison, office products are 45% of the sales volume. And remember there are other reports from Japan last year saying Canon was already the biggest mirrorless brand in terms of sales there. EOS M sells a ton to the one-time Nikon D40 and Digital Rebel markets.

My guess? Camera sales shrinking won't help, but it's easier to use a market that is high profile and acknowledged as shrinking as the scapegoat. Nobody will know until the actual reports come out.
lol

Yeah keep on releasing those rebadged 6d2 and 5d4 as rp and r while refusing to pack more features into the hardware to make them at least somewhat competitive.

The hilarious thing is that canon probably already blew their load on the mirrorless bodies for the next year or two while they are being trapped in their plan to milk the consumers with the expensive RF lenses.
The only problem is that no one will buy those RF lenses if people just jump ship to sony.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

harperdc posted:

so it's absolutely impossible that what I said (about Canon's annual full corporate profitability) and you posted (about Sony doing well for a one-month period market share-wise) can't both be right?

Nah it's totally possible that the overall market is shrinking but just that canon and nikon are shrinking faster with most of the left over buyers choosing other brands.

It might be a good thing and it's similar to how canon came up with 5D4 even though it might have been cannibalizing the 1DX Mk II market.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

There's almost no reason to sell the 70-200 f/4L IS if it's not broken :v:

They are all supposed to built like tanks and most likely it's just because you are buying poo poo off fleabay. You might still get broken stuff if you are buying the 2.8 II from the same place.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Big McHuge posted:

So last year prior to a trip to Iceland I bought my first DSLR camera, a Rebel T6. It came with two kit lenses, an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm zoom lens. The pictures turned out great, but now that I have a little more experience under my belt I'm looking to branch out into additional lenses to carry with me. I picked up the 50mm f/1.8 since it's really popular. What would be some other recommended lenses, specifically for travel/landscape photography (I'm headed to Ireland in August)?
Have an ultra wide like the 10-18 for the rebel would be great.

Never regretted duel wielding two FF cameras while traveling where one has a 16-35/12-24 and another with 100-400.

I mean you dont go to those places often anyway and you may as well work out a bit more with those weight and have the complete coverage on both ends. You can even carry a 24/35/50 prime for night shoots if you want :v:

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 14, 2019

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

harperdc posted:

Problem is the EOS-M lens lineup is doodoo compared with Fuji, m43, or Sony, unless you’re adapting EOS lenses, in which case what’s the point?
EOS RF system: What's the point.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I get to use my L-Glass without any issue, unlike if I had to adapt it to other systems? (Like on my Sony cameras?)

Something like the 135 f2 or even the 85 1.2 ii works better adopted on the a7r2/a73r with higher eye hit rate than the crappy af on the 5d4 :confused:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Not seeing the problem here frankly - If there is one thing Canon have done right is making sure the EF lenses work without any issues on RF and M. An M6 mk II wont replace my 1D or 7D mk II but it will make a neato small and light replacement to the 7D original.
Canon end up making gigantic lenses that's hilariously unbalanced and defeats the main size benefit of mirrorless bodies.
At the same time they pretty much completely ignored the development for regular EF line to price gouge the RF users.

Not to mention they are basically just recycling the sensor from 5d4 and 6d2 into the r and rp :downsbravo:

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sorry but my 70-200 just does not work as sweetly on a Sony as any Canon - and forget the 100-400 or other larger glass. I'm well aware the situation is better for shorter focal lengths but my glass isnt short.

That kinda is a silly thing to say esp when large heavy lenses exist for other mount systems.

the 70-200 2.8 II and the 100-400 II works fine with the sigma adapter on the r2/r3 though, and yeah the large glass exist for other system but the thing is so far there are all large glasses with nothing light and good

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah most of the older lenses doesn't work that well and even the non telephoto 50mm 1.2L were finicky. But the newer firmware on both the metabone and sigma adapters have improved them, especially for the newer lens. So make sure you have the latest firmware possible on the adapters if you ever try them out.

Also the dynamic range and resolution on the a7r2/3 without aa filter using 100-400ii is just amazing for landscape.

Helen Highwater posted:

I see this a lot and I don't think it's true. For small-sensor bodies, yes taking out the mirror box does give you a significant size reduction. For full-frame, not so much. By the time you've put in all the stuff that goes around a full-frame sensor, all the heatsinks, additional card slots, room for a high-capacity battery or two, and then you balance it so that it's comfortable to hold, you don't really have a camera that's much smaller than a DSLR. Mirrorless full-frame cameras aren't running on size as their main selling point.

Oh yeah the sony is about 2/3 the weight of the 5d4 while the regular EF 24-70 II is 805grams but the RF 28-70 is 1430 grams. Yeah the extra weight is from the f2 aperture but they still haven't bothered to release a general 24-70 2.8 version yet

:xbox:

Also dont get me started on their decision to gouge every user for separate IS on each lens and not bothered to release the improved 85mm with BR element for EF mount.

Seems like they see the new mirrorless market as another way to part money from their clients while not really understanding why people kinda stopped buying their DSLRs and thinking that they can still pull their old tricks with the new mount.

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 9, 2019

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

InternetJunky posted:

I feel like I must be missing the good parts they are putting in because right now I'm kind of underwhelmed. Still rocking my 1DX v1 and see no reason to upgrade.

No kidding.

From their white paper

quote:

4.7.2 Why 20 Million Pixels?
A legitimate question, in an era of digital SLRs and mirrorless cameras boasting 50 million
pixels and above. High pixel resolution brings obvious benefits to many landscape and studio
photographers, particularly when large printed output is a primary deliverable.
However, a relatively modest pixel count of 20.1 million effective pixels brings its own
benefits. Consider the following points:

The overwhelming design goal of the EOS-1D series is performance

This camera was designed first and foremost for sports, wildlife and action photographers.
Working press shooters, especially those at major agencies, prioritize speed for both
shooting and transferring images — and as anyone who’s downloaded an e-mail attachment
knows, large files slow down movements of images. Canon consulted heavily with major
press and photo agencies in the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III, and the strong
consensus was that 20 million pixels was more than sufficient for their needs, including
double-page spreads in magazines.
:jerkbag:

Besides the 'lower noise' and 'faster af' claim, they are also touting the very high speed storage that can do 4k 60p videos.

But oh great now you have to buy a brand new bunch of memory cards to use along side with the occasional CF/CFast/SD card in the existing 5D4/1DX2 users. Sure the 1DX2 had CFast slot but I wonder how many people actually used it when real time-constrained pros just shoot jpg anyway.

fake edit: lol :rip: the CFast cards from 1DX2 as the 1DX3 actually uses CFexpress and are incompatible to CFast. What a dumpster fire of standards.

Also the price on the CFexpress are *checks notes* a real bargain at 400 bucks for 256GB and 600 for 512GB, since anything smaller would be completely useless with such a fast read/write speed.
Surly this will be a great buy before they ditch the standard again in their next gen camera.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm a photography noob and I want to take up photography with a nice DSLR

a friend suggested a Canon Rebel T7, and Keiss Lenses and Manfrotto tripod, does that sound good?

Doesn't seem this model was listed in the OP, and it apparently seems like they dropped the Rebel branding on the model...

Zeiss has great lenses, you can get a zeiss otus 55mm f1.4 prime lens for your canon and it will be a great, probably the best lens ever. Basically no CA and the bokeh is unbeatable.

The canon 100-400mm II is a pretty good zoom, but if you dont mind the size or the weight the canon 400mm 2.8 II will be the best telephoto lens if you do like shooting long.

For wide angle, the canon 11-24mm f4 is probably the widest you can get while f4 @ 11mm isn't too terrible for handheld shooting.

Also you didn't mention your price range.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Be like a leica user and use it without a case by hanging it around your neck at all time like a badge of honor.
Also a case prevents you from taking photos on a whim, I'd just go for a backpack so you can carry other stuff too.

If you still want to protect your camera, just cover the corners with masking tape + gaffer tape and it will be as good as new underneath without any bulk.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

torgeaux posted:

It was a joke about not giving a budget but mentioning Zeiss lenses.
Is it really a joke though especially if you can buy a second hand L/zeiss lens and resell it with minimal loss while having a kick rear end lens to shoot with? :v:

But yeah like others have said, definitely get a 50mm 1.8/stm besides the entry level zoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

um excuse me posted:

Twas too good to be true. Canon released a statement basically saying their cameras will overheat if you use 4k or 8k video

And if you exceed these record times and trip the safety shutoff expect to wait.

At least it means when the mkiis come out, these will be cheap on eBay.
This is so so dumb.

Also good job Canon for having EF, EF-S, EF-M and now RF lens. While EF-S cannot be used on EF camera, EF-M lenses cannot be used on EF, EF-S or RF camera. And RF lenses can not be used on anything other than RF mount.

The worst thing is that they seem to have given up on the EF mount and haven't released anything since 2018 while their EF camera lineup is still somewhat competitive against the RF due to how terrible the RF cameras are.

Only now they released the R5 that's somewhat competitive against the 5D4 but still somewhat terrible on the market.

Mayyyybe they can put the R5 sensor and IBIS into the 5D5 with better overall heat distribution for longer recording but then people will buy more EF camera/lenses and eat into the RF lineup profit. Same goes with making more EF lenses similar to the new RF lineup with the back flange distance considered.

Guess they will eventually go full RF line and kill off EF bodies. Herding people towards the RF cash cow while making other options more user hostile.

It's almost as if they've forgotten the great thing about canon was you could've picked up any modern EF lens and use on an old EF camera from 1987 without a hitch. Splitting the lens bodies lineup pretty much destroy that versatility and reason to go with canon.