Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
Has anyone created an analogue to the assault skill training plan that was on the II forums for a while? I've spec'd the basics from the previous posts for Uprising, but that was only the first 1 million of the SP I've got stockpiled, and I have no idea what to do with it, nor the patience to get all spreadsheety. I just want to be slightly better at manhunting without having to think too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

There's a newbie skill plan that helps you get a good medium frame build going, I believe. Paradox had it made up, should be in the Goonfeet thread.

Already current on that (I think). But it only covers the first million SP, while the old one was much more forward-looking.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

spazzhole posted:

:siren: This is a reminder to skip the PC battle set for tonight :siren:

This is legit, right? Not some next-generation AWOX where you trick one corp into not showing up?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Feenix posted:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious. Aside from a Passive (or active) Booster, I'm not able to affect much in the speed in which I gain SP, right?

That 300,000 SP skill seems so far away... Like weeks... No matter how hard or how much I play.

That'll take about 12 days of unboosted passive SP accumulation. 8 days with a standard passive booster, and faster if you actually play.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Uba Stij posted:

If you are on jabber, PM me (abu@goonfleet.com) and let's start theorycrafting ways to make ISK off dumb pubbies. This is a project I want to get started on soon.

We broached this with Immobile Infantry Jr. There's really not much you can do at this time without shitloads of :effort:

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Sammus posted:

Not many of us hang out in Dust.CFC, and a lot of us suffer bitter vet syndrome. Our numbers are dwindling just as rapidly as the rest of the population, people aren't really happy with CCP's many disappointments in Dust.

I've found the game enormously less fun since Uprising came out. When I first got wind of the beta I was playing for 1-2 hours a day, but now I can't muster up the interest in logging on to spend unused skill points. CCP

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Calling dibs on Everybody Locks Flaymond

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Flaybia Majora
Flaybia Minora
Flaybia Menorah
Lock of Flayges
To Flay a Locking Bird

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Has someone posted a solid flaylock rookie skill guide/fitting I can use? And why isn't there an Advanced Training Doctrine for Assault in the OP yet? Has no one figured it out?

Also,

Waka Locka Flayme
Flay Down Sally
Flayming Lips
Flay It Again, Sam
Kid N' Flay
Flayer Cake
Lock Trial with Flay Reinhold*
A Flayzing Grace
Flaylock Martins
Flaycebook.com
The Flaycebook.com

*I'm probably going to re-roll my Flay2Win alt to take this name, if it fits. So hands off.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

How many Geordie LaForge names have been taken in the name for running forge guns into the ground?

Time for some more novelty accounts.

Harrison Forge
Gerald Forge
Francis Forge Coppola
Forge Prefect
Forge Taurus
Forge Focus
Forge Fiesta
Forge Fusion
Forge Packer

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

DRASTYCK MEAXUREZ posted:

AND PLEASE GET A DISTRICT... PLEASE... I WILL MAKE SURE WE ATTACK 1ST... MY CORP THAT IS ..

Let's do this, and make it the best awox ever. I'm talking 15 of us plus this guy, surrounding him in a circle of sacrificial needles, killing him repeatedly with a squadron of dropships. This is something I will log on for.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Can anyone link me to the assault skill training guide? I just logged in for the first time in forever and have 1.5 mil in unallocated SP that I don't know what to do with.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Ah, didn't realize it included the plan beyond the basic newbie stuff. Thanks! Any fitting doctrines floating around somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

Damage mods in your highs.
Armor plates and reppers in your lows.

That's really about all that matters these days, unless you make a brick-tanked heavy or something.

No one shield tanks anymore?

I played a few rounds last night with the goonsquad running a Caldari assault C/1-series with shield extenders in the highs, an armor rep in the low, and a Duoville. Best round was 8/2, worst was 1/0.

• Locked thread