Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Keats started the last chapter, so Ellen should start this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Now that I've watched all the Warcadia videos, I must say that I really liked that realm, especially the war-bots (though Dreadnaught looked pretty dumb unfortunately). Can't wait to see what Folks the game has in store next.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I always liked underwater levels where you walk on the seafloor for some reason, so this is really nice for me. I just hope that the Folklore won't end up being a giant crab (it shouldn't be since that one Faery said it can "fly", but who knows).

As for who goes where, I think Keats should go save his biggest fan.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nidoking posted:

The tutorial Faery was talking about Exedra, the second miniboss. I believe we'll encounter the same Folks no matter which path we take, which is convenient, but we haven't heard anything about the Folklore except that it consumed/subsumed the King of the Forgotten Palace.

Now you got me worried enough that I spoiled myself on what the Folklore is.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rocko's Modern Life was one of my favourites growing up. This may be one of the best things ever done in the history of cartooning.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Keats should scout out the new realm for Ellen.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This came just in time, I just watched the last episode about an hour ago.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You know what? Voting Keats. I want to see another netherworld.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I only just now actually watched the folklore video, and I gotta ask, was anyone else reminded of a mishmash of Mom and Mom's Heart from Binding of Isaac when they saw The Room?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AltaBrown posted:

I like the rhythm we have going. Keats

Also, the design of the mnemosyne creeps me out. The three vertical pupils in the bulging eyes; the skittering noises; the insectile bodies...so very unnerving.

Eh, I've seen worse in newspaper comics. Though I'm not being too fair since there's Brooke McEldowney's work.

Voting for Ellen for the super secret folk you can only find if you pick chapters in the exact sequence we've been taking until now (my uncle who works in Nintendo told me).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't really get how the afterlife works in this gameworld. Do people actually go to the netherworlds when they die, or only their memories? Knowing that when I die insects will eat both my body and my "spirit" wouldn't really comfort me.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Man, that is a really bad outfit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If Keats is really Herve then I guess he looks older than he is... Or maybe Ellen is older than she looks. I was sure Keats was older than Ellen by a fair bit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nidoking posted:

This one, I can field. The manual says that Ellen is 22 (so she was 5 when the events of 17 years ago took place) and that Keats is 27.

Interesting. If I had a better memory I'd know at what age Herve supposedly died.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, the fire elementals are such assholes. And you're forced to take a hit if you want to kill them with a Kraken. That's bad game design.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
16 videos of quests?! Wow, and here I thought we were like 3 videos away from the end at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nidoking posted:

I knew ahead of time that the attack that killed me was unblockable, and had I acted on that knowledge and dodged it, I think I would have beaten it on my first go as well. I also think the LP as a whole would have been poorer for it.

A bit late, but what's crazy is that I could swear I saw you block that attack a bit earlier, so when it got past your guard I was extra surprised.

Gonna watch the epilogue right now, but just wanted to say thanks for LPing this. It was a cool mystery!

• Locked thread