Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Do Ellen's Chapter so we can get more pieces of the puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

You can't fool me, son - it's Ellens all the way down!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Ellen continues her remorseless drive to uncover the truth of her past!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

This game really is far more involved than I had ever suspected from only playing Ellen's first chapter.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Ellen. Definitely, definitely Ellen. Definitely.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I like the rhythm we have going. Keats

Also, the design of the mnemosyne creeps me out. The three vertical pupils in the bulging eyes; the skittering noises; the insectile bodies...so very unnerving.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Do the boggarts remind anyone else of cockroaches? Because that's what I see. Bipedal cockroaches scuttling around Hellrealm.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

The weapons for the Baolwinds/Bethiers look like large sickles, not scythes. The sickle was a traditional tool of druids, and seems to keep with the Gaelic theme.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Is the next update up?
(refresh)
Is the next update up?
(refresh)
Is the next update up?
(refresh)

Man, now I really feel bad for abandoning my play through years ago!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I feel like the reveal in the video wasn't quite the twist the writers had hoped it would be. We knew that 5 yr old Cecilia wasn't capable of killing anyone, and the only person heavily referenced but not yet shown was her mother.

Still, it does nicely tie up many loose ends, though several others are still dangling.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

Silly Keats-totally-not-Herve all smug saying he's just an onlooker. :allears:

Something I noticed in this latest video was that Herve's nose looks nothing like Keats'. However, it does have a remarkable similarity to that of Bogel and the Eleven Elven King.

Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

racerabbit fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 17, 2014

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I still want to know what the hell Ingrid was up to while Ellen was growing up, alone and afraid in a frickin' orphanage!

And who was Cecelia talking to that Samhaim, when she prayed for Herve's life?

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

As a former runner, Ellen's running animation drives me nuts! Her shoulders move way too much, and just waste energy that could be better used for speed or endurance.

Also, Suzette is an example of a classic tragic heroine - she knows what she's doing is wrong, but she cannot help but go through with the murders.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I think that since I had taken Livane's decision as being "correct" from the beginning, I had forgotten that Ellen didn't know any better. So this quest was a neat little voyage to expand Ellen's understanding, and to remind the player that Livane had taken a massive gamble by short-circuiting the Twin Trees.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

From Wikipedia:

quote:

But as a metaphor, a honeypot or a honeytrap may refer to:

Espionage recruitment involving sexual seduction in
reality
fiction
A type of sting operation such as a
Bait car

So, my first thought was, "Dammit, Jimmy, what kind of mess have you gotten into now?"

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Did not see that boss coming at all. Scarecrow's origin* I had guessed, but not his motivation.

*tagged for those who haven't watched the video.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Thank you for the LP, Nidoking. The game turned out differently than I thought, and really was great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Thank you for this LP, Nidoking! I am pleased that a game I (and many reviewers) wrote off turned out to be such a gem! I still wouldn't have the patience to finish it, though.

I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Psychonauts!

• Locked thread