Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The games are dead. Long live the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really want the e-shop to start carrying the Russian Exclusive Mario games after finding out the system had Super Mario 1-3 +21 other Super Mario platformer games.

25 Mario games on a single 8 bit system can you imagine?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Taint Reaper posted:

25 Mario games on a single 8 bit system can you imagine?
Would 7600 copies of the same Mario game count?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is the wii-u good yet?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

CrashCat posted:

Would 7600 copies of the same Mario game count?

BIRD WEEK UA sounds pretty awesome.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

orange juche posted:

Is the wii-u good yet?

yes, and it has been for quite a while.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

yes, and it has been for quite a while.

Only since Mario kart 8 came out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

BIRD WEEK UA sounds pretty awesome.
I dare you to watch an hour and a half of BIRD WEEK.

http://youtu.be/2s6cv7sdpQA

:pusheen:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

CrashCat posted:

I dare you to watch an hour and a half of BIRD WEEK.

http://youtu.be/2s6cv7sdpQA

:pusheen:

Judging from the leaves changing colors I believe that the events in that game span more than one week. I am disappointed by this false advertising.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Judging from the leaves changing colors I believe that the events in that game span more than one week. I am disappointed by this false advertising.
I take it as a pejorative, like "dutch treat" or something.

P.s. I tapped out at six minutes. I thought it had been more like twenty minutes. :smithcloud:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Duck hunt is still not on the e-shop, maybe they're have too many issues with having the second player control the duck. I mean the second player controlling the duck was a pretty big part of the game.

I got to the kill screen that way and it was amazing, no ending just glitches.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Duck hunt is still not on the e-shop, maybe they're have too many issues with having the second player control the duck. I mean the second player controlling the duck was a pretty big part of the game.

I got to the kill screen that way and it was amazing, no ending just glitches.

Haha, I never knew Duck Hunt had a kill screen. I guess that confirms that my best friend in elementary school who claimed his dad got up to level 200 was a filthy loving liar.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

raditts posted:

Haha, I never knew Duck Hunt had a kill screen. I guess that confirms that my best friend in elementary school who claimed his dad got up to level 200 was a filthy loving liar.

Yeah but you gotta understand at the time there was no internet, so I was pretty pissed and I thought the game was broken(well it was in a way) and that there were still levels beyond. I had no idea what a killscreen was either.

I did this twice getting the killscreen. I thought I was defeated all those years when actually I had won.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I remember playin Bayou Billy on my grandma's NES in my youth. Man that game sucked balls

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!
He guys, I have a ps4 and a wiiu, did I do this generation right?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Excels posted:

I remember playin Bayou Billy on my grandma's NES in my youth. Man that game sucked balls

That was my favorite game for some reason gently caress you

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

enojy posted:

That was my favorite game for some reason gently caress you

It was a bad game, man. This is coming from someone who beat it.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

ratbert90 posted:

Where's your PC?

Edit: Apparently we're all supposed to be playing smartphone/tablet games.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

It was a bad game, man. This is coming from someone who beat it.

But it had voice acting in it! And you could punch gators.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ratbert90 posted:

You should not have bought a PS4 yet you dummy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

J2DK posted:

Where's your PC?

Edit: Apparently we're all supposed to be playing smartphone/tablet games.
No, no, not you, you're not supposed to be playing smartphone games. Every less geeky person around you is who they're going after, and they probably will just play Candy Crush anyway because someone told them about it and they got addicted.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I used to read this thread to laugh at how loving stupid and terrible the Wii U is. Today I bought one. gently caress.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yeah the WiiU kinda owns now but you can still post here it's cool. :shobon:

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

CrashCat posted:

No, no, not you, you're not supposed to be playing smartphone games. Every less geeky person around you is who they're going after, and they probably will just play Candy Crush anyway because someone told them about it and they got addicted.

who are you calling geeky

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

J2DK posted:

who are you calling geeky
Sorry, but you are a poster on an Internet forum. That geeks you some whether you like it or not.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
An interesting side effect to the Wii-U not having a stable online infrastructure like PSN or Live which do security checks, you can get game enhancers to cheat at all the Wii-U games.

Or maybe you don't want to see just how powerful you can become in Wonderful 101? Or Mario Kart going beyond all maximum speeds.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

Monkey Fracas posted:

You should not have bought a PS4 yet you dummy

But but but, TLOU, octodad, Towerfall ascension, mercenary kings, Dont Starve, Resogun, Transistor!

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

ratbert90 posted:

But but but, TLOU, octodad, Towerfall ascension, mercenary kings, Dont Starve, Resogun, Transistor!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Tender Bender posted:

I used to read this thread to laugh at how loving stupid and terrible the Wii U is. Today I bought one. gently caress.

It's why this thread is dead. I can only hope to have an equally honorable death.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

An interesting side effect to the Wii-U not having a stable online infrastructure like PSN or Live which do security checks, you can get game enhancers to cheat at all the Wii-U games.

Or maybe you don't want to see just how powerful you can become in Wonderful 101? Or Mario Kart going beyond all maximum speeds.

yet the only wii u hack anyone has accomplished is changing the music in MK8

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Please keep this thread alive for when the next Nintendo home console comes out

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Please keep this thread alive for when the next Nintendo home console comes out

WiiU2, sponsored by Jon Bon Jovi

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Welcome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

It's bound to happen eventually. I mean they brought back those neutered game genies for the more recent systems. But they sucked because the companies made it sure that you couldn't cheat in any meaningful way to get achievements. Also no infinite lives were allowed or infinite ammo. poo poo that the older genies stated right on the package you could do.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Excels posted:

Excuse me you can also do font replacements.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Chronojam posted:

Excuse me you can also do font replacements.
I'll have you know they can replace entire textures now, you know :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Texture hack everything so everything is Waluigi.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Louisgod posted:

It's why this thread is dead. I can only hope to have an equally honorable death.

This thread exists in a hilarious gray zone where effortposts about Nintendo's death get mocked relentlessly and only posts about how sweet Mario games are can be accepted.

loving loved Mario my entire life so I recommend lurking this thread, everyone.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's bound to happen eventually. I mean they brought back those neutered game genies for the more recent systems. But they sucked because the companies made it sure that you couldn't cheat in any meaningful way to get achievements. Also no infinite lives were allowed or infinite ammo. poo poo that the older genies stated right on the package you could do.

I miss the Game Genie. I probably never would have beaten most NES games as a kid without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

This thread exists in a hilarious gray zone where effortposts about Nintendo's death get mocked relentlessly and only posts about how sweet Mario games are can be accepted.

loving loved Mario my entire life so I recommend lurking this thread, everyone.

I like Mario for most of my life except for like 1991 - 1994 when I only had a Sega Genesis and not a SNES, and I didn't want my friends to think I was "poor" so I'd be like nah, Sonic is the new poo poo, gently caress that fat plumber Genesis does what Nintendon't

• Locked thread