Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

BowieFett posted:

I plan on getting one whenever it gets a 3D Mario platformer, Mario Kart, or a Legend of Zelda. Hopefully the price will drop by then too.

So by the end of the year? Because all three will be available by then (Well, not a new Zelda, but there will be a Zelda).

Really, I think a lot of the doom and gloom right now is kinda silly. Yes, it sold horribly for the last few months, no one's disputing that. We also haven't had any new games since the launch aside from Monster Hunter, Lego City, Most Wanted U, and Injustice. We know that Nintendo is going to have Mario, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and a whole host of other games at E3 this year, and they'd be crazy not to have a lot of them out this year. Yes, the console should have launched with Miiverse, Virtual Console, etc. all baked in and ready to go, but Nintendo is fixing them, if not quite as fast as everyone would like.

If, come this time next year things still haven't turned around, then yes it's time to panic. But from the way people talk, they're waiting on games to show up, and Nintendo looks to have a pretty packed Q3-Q4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

WendigoJohnson posted:

I dunno most of their new franchises have been Mario Spinoffs or stuff like Pikmin. People like Metroid and Zelda because they're action games with a lot of exploration. I think when people say they want a new Nintendo IP they want something along those lines. They just want more action games.

I don't understand all these complaints about no new IPs. First, Nintendo has such a huge backlog of franchises that they could fill an entire generation of games with basically nothing but revivals of their old franchises that haven't seen use in forever and most people would be none the wiser because they might as well be new IPs at this point. And second, Nintendo has been making new IPs. Lots of them in fact. Just off the top of my head: Pushmo/Crashmo, Dillon's Rolling Western (and its sequel), HarmoKnight, and Sakura Samurai, all within the last two years on the 3DS eShop alone. If you're going to bitch about their IP use - and there are plenty of legitimate things to bitch about, like how they shoehorn existing IPs into what was an original property (see Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Fox Adventures) - fine. There's no need to make things up on top of it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Isn't buying the 8GB model basically pointless because of how much of that space is already reserved by the system, though? Like, it's even more crippled than the 4GB Xbox 360?

Maybe they're just getting rid of the basic sets so they can put more Deluxe sets on their shelves.

Or, yeah, because no one's buying the system in general :shepface:

It doesn't matter which system you get, if you play to use it for any serious amount of digital stuff, you're going to need an external for it. Might as well save $100 and invest half of that in a 1 TB hardrive.

• Locked thread