Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's an excellent write-up. I'd be curious to hear from people who don't own a Wii U and aren't interested in one, and why. And whether they'd ever be interested.

I've become quite tired of Nintendo's half-rear end implementations of online social gaming. I was an early adopter of the Nintendo Wii, only to find it collecting dust after the allure of Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Animal Crossing: City Folk wore off. From the awful (Super Smash Brothers) to the acceptable (Mario Kart Wii), I was watching online gaming become stale and repetitive, whereas the 360 was able to deliver an online gaming experience that didn't leave me frustrated with the UI and limitations.

I've steered clear from purchasing a Wii U because nothing so far has steered me to purchase a Wii U. NSMBU was beautiful, yes, but the allure quickly wore off (although I do like the premise of large-scale DLC). Beyond that, there's nothing that has me excited about the future of the Wii U. I think a lot of that has to do with not really seeing a whole lot of upcoming games from Nintendo. I want to see what the new Super Mario looks like, how the new Mario Kart plays, and hope to God there's a new Animal Crossing. There's no hype.

I imagine E3 will hype me up for the Wii U, but I will never understand why it took a year to do so. Discussions about Nintendo rushing Wii U out the gate don't seem to far-fetched, given the WIP-feeling I get from the menu load times, development lull, and limited feature set (VC just getting off the ground).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

I said come in! posted:

The Wii-U is dropping by $50 officially on September 20; https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/372741538180513792

I just can't believe they announced it so far in advance. Why not just make it effective immediately?

Jesus, Nintendo. :sigh:

OatmealRaisin posted:

In other news, ducks fly, trout swim, Nintendo has no idea how to manage their branding.

I actually thought that was a parody article.

If this isn't proof of Nintendo leadership's inability to manage in the mobile world, I don't know what is.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

One and the Same posted:

So how exactly do you fit that fucker in your pocket? It's a goddamn square the size of a piece of toast. Did they really have to remove the clamshell design? What were they thinking?

I think they're trying to emulate the tablet trend in mobile computing. But man, what a swing and a miss.

• Locked thread