Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
I own a Wii U and the only game myself and the wife enjoied playing was Little Inferno. The only other games I was even a little interested in was the new Scribblenauts (but since it came out on Steam with Steamworks support I got that version instead), Lego City Undercover (but after watching the Giant Bomb quick look for it and seeing the major load times and just how bad it looked I decided not to get it) and Zombie U (still havent gotten it because I been busy with work and other games.)

The main reason I think Wii U is failing is like what OP said, marketing. All the first commmercials for the Wii U only showed the tablet, no system shots or anything. So of couse the people who bought the original Wii who are not game/tech savy (older people and maybe casual gamers) will not think its a new system or they will pass it up because why should they buy that thing when I got the only game i want for it, Wii Sports?

Plus the name, Wii U. From day one I said that was a stupid name. I mean almost every gameing site said that the name was rather poor when it was announced at E3. Also I have to say that Nintendo's attatude towards the "hard core gamers". Reggie's explation of the Wii U game:

"It's called the Wii U. The U is for all "u" hardcore gamers!"

Just how he sounded when he said it. It had a condescending tone to it, as if he was pissed he had to say it.

The problem with that, hardcore gamers already feel that Nintendo is a "children" game company. Their attatude from the Wii that hardcore gamers dont matter, blew up in their faces and now it's really biting them in the rear end.

Will the Wii U kill Nintendo? No not really. They will string it along for I think another year or two. I think with the new PS4 and New Xbox comeing out the Wii U will be crippled in sales.

The worse I think could happen is that Nintendo could get out of the home console market but stay with the hand held since the 3ds is ,for the moment, their money maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread