Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Myriad band of traitors find themselves all on Vire at about the same time, even though they all arrived from different corners of the Vortex. Aethun arranged transport for the dispirate members, and none can shake the feeling that it was precisely for the timing. Their ships dock on Vire one at a time, dropping off their "human" cargo.

Everyone in the Vortex has heard of Vire. Originally a xenos station pre-dating the Imperium, it has had many owners since, Explorator fleets, Imperial Navy outposts, various rogue trader interests, and in the past few thousand years, Chaos Pirate after chaos pirate.

Once the whole Motley Crew is assembled in one of the sparse landing lounges, a sevoskull using some breed of large feline as its base hovers in and displays a hologram with the words, "follow me" and takes off. The group follows through the station, where devotees of Chaos are hard at work converting the station. Some are removing Chaos Iconography in places, others adding it, many are working on electrical sub-systems, it appears Aethun plans to use the place for some time.

The servoskull leads them into a rather sparsely furnished yet well maintained meeting room. The servoskull lands in the middle of the table and then goes inactive.

The lone occupant is a skinny, dirty, blonde woman. She lowers an Obscura pipe from her lips as the group enters and says, "A whole group huh? It's 200 thrones for the first, and 50 thrones apiece after the first." As she goes to put the pipe back to her lips her whole body jerks violently and the pipe drops to the ground, shattering. She is lifted off the ground, and begins to spin in the air. Frost forms on the walls, and Mr. Threebags and Vorgash can taste extremely powerful Chaos energy in the air.

The woman finally gets set down. Her eyes are completely black. She speaks with a dark voice, her original wispy voice heard as a small echo. "I apologize for my appearance, but those with broken wills are easier to wear, and nothing breaks a will better than obscura, I've found. I am Aethun, and this is as close as we shall ever get to meeting face-to face. Please, sit. He motions to the chairs as he takes a seat.

"You've all been brought here for one purpose, to aid the agents of heresy working under my direction or with my support in the Calixis Sector. To do so you shall be using The Abominable Sovereign, a recently captured vessel from a new, and quite profoundly moronic, Rogue Trader Dynasty. They even kept the Warrant of Trade on board. This vessel will be your ticket to all the worlds of the sector, and beyond.

"Aethun" looks down, notices the rags the junkie is wearing are disheveled, takes the time to straighten then, and then continues, "You will be given wide latitude to prosecute your missions. If you are successful, the eyes of the Gods will fall on you, through me. If you fail however, I will kill every last one of you. Do not think you can abscond with my ship, if you do I shall put a bounty on your heads so large every pirate, Chaos Reaver band, and less than noble Rogue Trader in the Segmentum will be after you. I will even give your information to the slaves of the Corpse-God, leaving you nowhere safe to flee. Most importantly, you MUST maintain the cover on your vessel at all times. If Imperial Authorities catch wind of what the The Abominable Sovereign is doing and who really crews her, she, and by extension, you, will no longer be of use to me."

"Aethun's" inky black eyes survey the group, "Before I give you your first assignment, are there any questions about our arrangement?"

Welcome to my other ill-advised ambitious game! even if you don't have questions, post something like "I stand around picking my nose" just to get your character sheet posted. Standard format of using Italics for OOC stuff. I strongly prefer everyone link to their character sheet in every post, usually by turning your name into a link. I also require combat blocks in combat situations. If you post something combat related without a combat block, I will ignore the action until you post with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reserving for ship sheet and other info

Experience gained thus far: 3650 =2000 (great train robbery)+ 500 exp (Capture/kill Rogue trader) +750 (get the Tyranid)+400 (Phyrr job)
Infamy Gained: 22 =6 (great Train Robbery)+8 (Sacrifice Madison) +3 (get Tyranid) +1(wack a guy)
+1 (Gramsh kill prisoner) +3 (Phyrr job)
Corruption Gained: 16 = 6(great Train Robbery) +7 (sacrifice Madison)
+3 (Phyrr job)

[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669145&pagenumber=1#lastpostNew OOC thread![/url]

Variable Figurehead settings:
Figurehead One: Default Figurehead, assigned to the Ship Abominable Sovereign and the rogue trader family. Last seen around scintilla.
Figurehead Two: Last seen in the expanse engaged in combat with the Blue Mist. Seen again later above a penal world recruiting prisoners.
Figurehead Three: Evening Breeze Last seen at Port Wander. Had to flee Port Wander after forged documents uncovered. This figurehead is currently wanted by Imperial Authorities.
Figurehead Four: not used
Figurehead Five: not used

pre:
 The Abominable Sovereign 

Sword Class Frigate

Speed: 8 
Manoeuvrability: +20
Detection: +15 (+25) 
Hull Integrity: 35
Armour: 18 
Turret Rating: 2
Space: 40/40
Power: 44/44 
Morale max:97
Crew Max: 100(99 current)
Weapon Capacity: Dorsal 2

Essential Components
Jovian Pattern Class 2 Drive
Strelov 1 Warp Engine
Geller Field
Command Bridge (+5 to command tests +5 to BS tests)
Voss “Glimmer”-pattern Void Shield Array (When this Void Shield cancels a hit
from any source, roll 1d10. On a 3 or lower the Void Shield
suffers a localized overload and does not cancel the hit.)
Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer
Bilge-rat Quarters (Reduce Morale permanently by
3. However, reduce all Crew Population losses due to
depressurisation by 2, to a minimum of 0.)
Deep Void Auger Array (The exceptional sensitivity of the
array grants +10 to the ship’s Detection)

Mezoa Macrocannons X2  STR:4 Dam:1d10+3 Crit Rating:5 Range:5

Astropathic Choir-chambers: When performing Astro-telepathy in this
Component, an Astropath gains a +10 bonus to his Focus
Power Test. While occupying this Component during Space
Combat, any psychic powers the Astropath uses have their
range increased by 5 Vus.

Evacuation Bay: As a free action, a member of the bridge
crew may open the cargo hatches to forcibly eject all of the
cargo into the void and initiate an immediate cleansing of
the hold.

Variable Figurehead

Empyrean Mantle: When travelling on Silent Running,
all Tests to detect this vessel have their Difficulty increased
by two degrees.

Laboratorium: This Component grants a
+20 bonus to all tests to identify, analyse, and
repair artefacts of ancient or xenos origin, or
to any tests to craft single items (such as a single weapon
or piece of armour). This could include Scholastic Lore,
Forbidden Lore, Tech-Use, and Trade Tests (as well as others
at the GM’s discretion). 
-Drug lab upgrade: between missions may be used to synthesize drugs. 
Make either a trade or Lore Chymistry test with DC equal to 
availability and amount modifiers.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 24, 2016

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent Dimarco

The ride to Vire had been dull. The ship had stank of something unidentifiable and the crew was composed mostly of mutants. They had given Vincent a wide berth, which he was only too happy to have. He is only too happy to gather his belongings and leave the ship behind once it docks with the space station.

After landing, Vincent joins the forming group in the landing pad, removes his helmet, and makes a curt introduction consisting only of his name and a slight nod. He mostly remains quiet otherwise and when the servo-cat appears and leads them off he follows, keeping his eyes on the Chaos Marines in the group. He sneers at the woman sitting at the table when she propositions the group and is about to turn away when she suddenly levitates. The feel of the powerful warpcraft is evident even to a non-psyker like Vincent. His stomach clenches and he's sure that his nose is on the verge of bleeding.

He is unsurprised that Aethun has not come to meet them in person. It would have been unwise to meet with so large a group without first ascertaining their loyalties. He listens to the familiar threats and promises that he's heard in one form or another dozens of times with a neutral expression and offers no questions. He was no fool, betraying Aethun was obvious suicide and revealing themselves to the Imperium would hardly be better.

pre:
Name: Vincent Dimarco
Archetype: Renegade/Arch-Militant
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Dominion

Characteristics:
WS:  70  (47 + 3 Class + 5 Pride + 15 Advance)
BS:  31  (28 + 3 Class)
S:   60  (70 w/ Armor)  (45 + 15 Advance)
T:   40  (30 + 5 Advance + 5 Advance)
Ag:  50  (40 + 10 Advance)
Int: 30  (30 – 5 Pride + Advance)
Per: 30
WP:  40  (33 + 2 Motivation + 5 Advance)
Fel: 30  (32 – 4 Disgrace + 2 Motivation)
Inf: 84  (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4041954/) + 2 Disgrace + 1 Motivation)

Wounds: 15/15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4041959/  +1 because I rolled 1d5+9)
Corruption: 53

Skills:
Athletics +10
Awareness
Command +10
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium, War)
Dodge +10
Interrogation
Intimidate +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae
Operate (Surface)
Parry +20
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Stealth
Trade (Technomat)

Talents:
Ambidexterous
Blademaster
Catfall
Counter Attack
Crushing Blow
Disarm
Double Team
Fearless
Heavy Weapon Training (Launcher)
Jaded
Lightning Attack
Lightning Reflexes
Pity the Weak
Preternatural Speed
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Step Aside
Sure Strike
Swift Attack
Unarmed Warrior
Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Las, Power, Primary, SP)

Traits:
Adroit (Weapon Skill)
Quick and the Dead

Gear:
Daemon Sword
Best Quality Light Power Armor
Collar of Khorne
Good Boltgun
Bolt Pistol
Black Blood
Medikit
Forgery Kit
Comm-Leach
Dataslate with annotated Tactica Imperialis

13500/13600 XP spent
Weapon Training (Power) 250
Swift Attack  500
Strength +5 250
Willpower +5 250
Interrogation 200
Command 200
Weapon Skill +5 250
Parry +10 350
Lightning Reflexes 250
Pity the Weak 250
Unarmed Warrior 250
Blademaster 400
Step Aside 750
Lightning Attack 400
Toughness +5 250
Crushing Blow 400
Toughness +5 500
Strength +5 250
Strength +5 500
Nerves of Steel 500
Weapon Skill +5 500
Parry +20 400
Counter Attack 500 
Agility +10 750
Sound Constitution (3) 750
Combat Master 300
Double Team 250
Fearless 750
Command +10 200
Preternatural Speed 1000
Weapon Skill +5 750
Intelligence +5 250
Athletics +10 200

Alignment: KHORNE

Khorne – 14
Slaanesh – 2
Nurgle - 3
Tzeentch - 1

Gifts
Eye of Chaos (grants psyniscience and intimidate+10)
Steel Hearted (martial enemies reduce fear rating by an additional 1)
Icon of Blasphemy (Khorne) (1 round of Fear 3, extend one round with a -20 STR test)

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 26, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ernesto Boli

Boli arrives in the landing lounge alone, looking edgily around the room at the gathered forms of hulking marines and humans who idle, waiting for an announcement. He decided to leave Ron in his travel crate, the machine attracted attention, and while that was sometimes useful, he did not think this would be such an occasion.

Once they enter the meeting room and their host performs his takeover of the woman, he nods begrudgingly. It was showy, and somewhat of a parlour trick, but it was an effective and controlled display of precisely used power. He missed the chance to observe which of his associates recognised the power immediately, but he was sure their powers would become apparent later.

He removes his glasses, polishing them on the sleeve of his cassock as he listens to the speech. Once it is complete, and he is sure nobody else wishes to speak, he asks:

"You say these traders were incompetent. Were they fools enough to become widely known, or were they just so pathetic as to fail to leave a single mark in the minds of the sector at large?"

pre:
Name: Ernesto Boli
Archetype: Apostate/Missionary
Pride: Charm (+5 F, -5 T)
Disgrace: Regret (+5 Corruption, Enemies get +10 on Intimidate checks)
Motivation: Arcane (+4 Corruption, +2 Int, -3 Str)

WS (45) 25 + 15 + 5  
BS (25) 25  
S  (32) 25 + 10 - 3
T  (30) 25 + 10 - 5
A  (30) 25 +  5 
I  (57) 25 + 20 + 2 + 5 +5
P  (25) 25  
WP (50) 25 + 20 + 5 
F  (65) 25 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 

Infamy  (50)
Corruption (32) 
Gift of the Gods: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4042099/
19: Blessed Fits, Steel Hearted, Boneless
78: Grossly Fat, Slayer Limb, Strange voice

Wounds (10) 9 + 2 -1

Alignment:
K: 3
N: 3
S: 7
T: 4

Skills: 
Awareness
Charm +10
Command +10
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Cult)
Deceive +20
Dodge
Inquiry +20
Interrogation
Commerce
Logic
Medicae
Parry +20
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed, Cryptography, Legend, Occult, Warrants)
Scrutiny
Stealth
Trade (Cryptographer)
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech, Daemonology, Heresy, Psykers)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Cold Hearted
Disarm
Double-team
Excessive Wealth
Foresight
Greater Minion of Chaos
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy)
Jaded
Peer (Chartist Captains)
Polyglot
Radiant Presence
Resistance (Psychic)
Technical knock
Total Recall
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Flame, Las, Power, Primary)

Gear:
Good Laspistol
Lightning Khopesh
Best Mono-Sword with venom drip
Holo-Suit
Flak Armour
Chaos Pendant
Unholy Tomes
Disguise Kit
Forgery Kit
Q'sal Reconstitution Device (poor, custom displacement field)
Boarder's Flame Cannon (custom flamer)
Catachan Prototype Recon Grenade Launcher (custom grenade launcher)
Scintillian Gilded Cage (custom explosive collar)
Unholy Icon

Traits:
Icon of Blasphemy (once per "session" gain fear 3 for one round)
Steel Hearted (-1 to fear level of enemies)
The Quick and the Dead (+2 initiative)
Serpent's Tongue

Advances: 9850/10050
Simple Intelligence [Unaligned]   250
Simple WS [Unaligned] 250
Medicae [Nurgle] 200
Cold Hearted [Unaligned] Rank 1 250
Scholastic Lore (Warrants) [unaligned] 200
Parry +10 [Khorne] 350
Charm +10 [Slaanesh] 350
Stealth [Unaligned] 200
Scrutiny [Tzeentch] 200
Jaded [Nurgle] Rank 1 250
Foresight [Tzeentch] Rank 2 500
Simple Fellowship [Slaanesh] 250
Simple Willpower [Tzeentch] 250
Unremarkable [Slaanesh] 250
Weapon Training (Flame) [Unaligned] 250
Weapon Training (Launcher) [Unaligned] 250
Scholastic Lore (occult) [Unaligned] 200
Interrogation [Unaligned] 200
Resistance (psychic) [Nurgle] 250
FLore (Archaeotech) [Tzeentch] 200
Dodge [Slaanesh] 200
Parry +20 [Khorne] 500
Tech-Use [Unaligned] 200    
Double Team [Unaligned] 250 
Disarm [Unaligned] 250
Greater Minion of Chaos [Unaligned] 250	
Weapon Training (Power) [Unaligned] 250
Technical Knock [Unaligned] 250
Command +10 [Khorne] 350 
Excessive Wealth [Slaanesh] 250
Intermediate Fellowship [Slaanesh] 500
Intermediate Intelligence [Unaligned] 500
Experienced Deceive [Slaanesh] 500
Experienced Inquiry [Unaligned] 500
MINION, Nico the ghost(?)

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Loyalty
20	20	01	40(8)	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually "exist", used just as a psychic phenomena sink.

Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, Stunning, Fear, Insanity, 
Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Skills:
Dodge
Linguistics (Eldar)
Forbidden Lore (Navigators, Xenos)
Psyniscience
Trade (Bard, Shipwright, Voidfarer)
Stealth

Talents:
Hatred (Imperial Navy)
Hatred (Inquisition)
Infused Knowledge
Psy Rating(4)
Psychic Power (Neural Storm)
Psychic Power (Harrier Imps)
Warp Sense
Weapon Training (Primary)

Traits:
Dark Sight
From Beyond
Incorporeal
The Stuff of Nightmares
Psyker
Unnatural Toughness
Unnatural Willpower
Nico was a shipwright, or possibly an astropath, or maybe he was a wandering minstrel in an Eldar court, it's hard to remember. He's fairly sure he's dead though, and he blames the Imperial Navy for it, even if the specific details are lost to him. Most trained observers think he's some sort of reliant psychic echo. A curio, but mostly harmless.

Though he floats through the material world as an shade, Nico has limited powers in shaping the warp. He can summon forth a gallery of mocking observers, shades similar to himself who circle the target and laugh about how silly it all is. For more deserving targets he does something inside their head that he calls "the little death that sometimes brings the greater one". His understanding is poor, knowledge of how and when he came into such power is unclear, and he seems uninterested in developing his repertoire. His absent-minded nature and belief in his own death grates on many people, but he is most thankful to be out of his cage, and eager to get out into the galaxy once more.

Boli found him in a lockbox, trapped inside a psy-steel cage. He finds him amusing, and a knowledgeable source on a wide range of subjects if he's in the mood to chatter.

goatface fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 25, 2016

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Lysandra d'Schonne

Lysa does not like this place at all.

The station is in extreme disrepair. Its crew safety protocols are severely neglected at best and outright ignored at worst. She wonders if its atmosphere is held in and cycled by warp energies, perhaps controlled by their new overseer, than by any approved technomantic process.

She hopes their ship is in better condition than this.

As the emmissary of the XX Legion makes his speech the appealing young woman puts on a winning smile and folds her hands in front of her, bowing her head very slightly in a subservient position. The hydra electoo at her heart tingles at the master's warp presence.

Once he is finished, she looks up, and speaks - the good Father asks a wise question. "Indeed." Her voice is melodious. "We must be provided with this warrant's list of assets and contacts. What is the name of the dynasty, my lord?"

Scholastic Lore (Imperial Warrants) vs. 50 on whatever Aethun answers.

TehWarsmith posted:

Lysandra d'Schonne
Apostate Seneschal

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
20	35	25	30	35	50+	50	35	50 
Pride: Charm (+5 Fel, -5 T)

Disgrace: Dread (+5 Per, -5 WP)

Motivation: Immortality (+2 Wounds, -5 WS)

Wounds: 14
Infamy: 25
Infamy Points: 2
Corruption: 5

XP: 200
XP Spent: 800

Intelligence Simple (250)

Skills:

Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Common Lore (Tech)
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)
Scholastic Lore (Imperial Warrants)
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy)
Scholastic Lore (Legend)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech)
Forbidden Lore (Mutants)
Charm +10
Commerce
Deceive
Inquiry +10
Awareness
Dodge
Security
Trade (Linguist)
Scrutiny +10 (550)

Talents:

Serpent's Tongue
Seeker of Lore
Peer (Nobility)
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Weapon Training (Las)
Weapon Training (Primitive)
Mimic
Radiant Presence
Air of Authority
Total Recall
Unshakeable Will
Iron Discipline

Alignment

Unaligned 1
Khorne 0
Nurgle 0
Slaanesh 0
Tzeentch 2

Weapons and Gear:

Good-quality laspistol with two clips
mesh armour
power blade
concealable hydra electoo
unholy tomes
pheromone generators
good-quality embedded auspex

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Corvax surveyed the station as he was led through the corridors by the servo-skull. When he sees that they're approaching the meeting room proper, he directs Lucretia to take a position outside. After the servo-skull lands and the Aethun speaks to them, he carefully waits for the others to have their questions answered, and then speaks.

"Obviously, we cannot run a Rogue Trader's void-ship by ourselves. What sort of voidsmen will we have, will they be competent, and will any of them be... 'presentable' enough to have them serve us outside the ship itself?"

quote:

Name: Corvax
Career Path: Champion of Chaos Unaligned Slaanesh

Characteristics

WeS: 35+20+5 = 60
BaS: 27 + 03 = 30
Str: 30 + 20 = 50 (+20 in Power Armor)
Tou: 25 + 15 = 40
Agi: 27+3+10 = 40
Int: 30 + 10 = 40
Per: 26 + 04 = 30 (+20 for sight/sound when in armor, +10 out of it)
Wil: 30 + 10 = 40
Fel: 35+15+10= 60

Wounds: 18
Corruption: 53=5+6+2F+7+2+3+5+5+2+3+5+3+5
Inf: 81=31+6-2+8+3+1+4+5+2+10+2+8+3

Pride: Charm (+5 Fel, -5 Tough)
Failing: Deceit (+2 Inf, -4 Per)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 WS, -3 Agi, BS)

Skills:
+Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
++Charm
+Command
Commerce
CL: War
++Deceive
+Dodge
Inquiry
Intimidate
FL: Astartes, Horus Heresy, Long War
Ling: Low Gothic
Nav: Surface
Op: Surface
+Parry
Scrutiny
SL: Cryptography
++Stealth

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (ALL)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Iron Discipline
Air of Authority
Ancient Warrior
Greater Minion of Chaos
Excessive Wealth
Radiant Presence
Sure Strike / Precise Blow
Beloved Leader
Inspire Wrath
Demagogue
Crippling Strike
Addictrix
Lightning Reflexes
Unremarkable

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Str (4)
Unnatural Tgh (4)
Unnatural Fel (2)
Exceptional Leader
Inspiring Presence
Magnificent Horns (No parrying my charges, 10 Loyalty)
Tail (+20 WS when attacking with it)
Mark of Slaanesh

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armor (Power, Auto-Senses, Ceramite, Omni-Gill, Chain Loinguard)
Legionnaire Bolt Pistol + 4 Magazines
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Cameleoline Cloak
>GC Legion Power Sword w/ Duelist's Grip - Harvester of the Void
(Legacy - +2 Dmg/Pen, Treated as Best Craftsmanship)
(Legacy of Excess - +1 DoS for WS tests, +5 Fel when held, >3 DoF on Fel Tests = 1 Corruption by Failure)
(Merciless Pattern - Terrorizer (Gain Fear 1 when you kill an enemy for the rest of the encounter))

Starting Acquisitions:
*Power Sword is Good-Craftsmanship
*Power Sword is a Legacy Weapon
Cameleoline Cloak

In-Game Acquisitions:
Blasphemous Texts (+Deceive)
Stummer
PQ Legion Power Armor (Cannibalized to add Omni-Gill to his own suit of power armor, above.)
Beguiling Gem
Pheremone Generator
Unholy Icon
Duelist's Grip for the Void Harvester
suitably large (would this be a mod? -10 if so) Best-Quality (+5 Deceive) (-20) set of Heavy Carapace (-20, +10 for single item)
Forgery Kit
10 Doses of Manic
Demolitons Kit (100% Intact)

XP Xpenditure
Advances: (11050/12300 Xp Spent, 1T, 3K, 21S)
U250 - Ancient Warrior
U250 - Upgrading Lesser Minion of Chaos to Minion of Chaos
S250 - Fel+5
U250 - WS+5
S200 - Charm
S350 - Deceive+10
K350 - Command+10
U200 - Stealth
U200 - Inquiry
T200 - Scrutiny
S250 - Sure Strike
S250 - Radiant Presence
K350 - Parry+10
S250 - Excessive Wealth
S250 - Beloved Leader
U250 - Upgrading Minion of Chaos to Greater Minion of Chaos
>>>Hit 30 Corruption - Aligned to Slaanesh<<<
S300 - Precise Blow
S250 - Fel+5
S400 - Deceieve+20
S100 - Acrobatics
S300 - Inspire Wrath
S200 - Dodge+10
S200 - Charm+10
S400 - Demagogue
S300 - Crippling Strike
S400 - Addictrix
S200 - Lightning Reflexes
S200 - Unremarkable
S200 - Acrobatics+10 (Woot, Mark of Slaanesh)
U350 - Stealth+10
U500 - Stealth+20
U250 - Agi+5
U500 - Agi+5
S400 - Charm+20
U750 - Step Aside
K750 - Swift Attack
=======================
Greater Minion of Chaos:
Lucretia, Devoted Cultist

WS BS St To Ag Pe In WP Fel
05 40 10 20 40 40 20 35 40

Wounds: 4

Skills:
Awareness
Charm
Deceive+10
Dodge+10
Interrogation
Stealth+10

Talents: Unremarkable, Mimic, EWT: Q'Sal Crystal Caster, Ambidex/2W Wielder/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Lightning Reflexes, Heightened Sight, Hip Shooting, Mighty Shot
Traits: Sycophant, Fanatic, Unnatural Fellowship 4, Unnatural Agility 4, Dark Sight, Toxic 4, Natural Armor 2
Items: 1 ExRare Item, 4 VR Items (Ablative Synskin, Q'Sal Crystal Caster w/ Red Dot Sightx2, Disguise Kit, Torturer's Kit)
Loyalty: Fel 60 + Air of Authority 10 + Sycophant 15 + Horns 10 + Beloved Leader 10 = 105, 95 w/o horns

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 3, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The meat-puppet that is Aethun stares at, or perhaps through, Father Boli and Lysandra. "The particular dynasty was very new, less than a decade old. It was lead by some Ecclesiarch or some such that led a successful culling of heretics on a Temple world. The current Arch-Cardinal of that world arranged to Warrant of Trade for this Ecclesiarch, a Jerrimiah Deche, to elimiinate him from competition for the Arch-Cardinal position. This Deche, while a fine priest for the Dead Emperor, was not Rogue Trader Material. He tried to lead a holy crusade into the Expanse, somehow found the Expanse entrance of the 13th Passage, and wound up in the Vortex, where the ship was quickly captured by Chaos Reavers. As such, outside of the ship, they had little to no assets or name recognition, perfect for this mission."

Either the Alpha Legionarre was making it all up, or the Dynasty was as small as he claimed, as the name means nothing to Lysandra.

The meat-puppet then turns to Corvax, and gives a condescending bow of the head, "Worry not my young Brother, like yourselves, the crew was hand-picked by me from the finest void-pirates in the Vortex. They are free of visible mutation, and should pass inspection. The Imperial Chapels are intact, and there are a few former ecclesiarch's of Father Boli's persuasion that can put on a show. If someone insists on a deck by deck, room by room search of the ship, they will find the hidden shrines to the True Gods, not to mention Fallen Marines in the command staff, no?"

Aethun falls silent, awaiting more questions.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Leaning against the wall, Hashim took a moment to take stock of Aethun's words, as well as the current situation. He disliked warp trickery, such as Aethun's current form for briefing them, but supposed he should have expected something of the sort from an Alpha Legionnaire champion. The subtlety required of their mission also did not appeal to him but, despite the truth and rumors about him, he could appreciate its usefulness at times. False flagging oneself after all was a time honored pirate tactic.

Speaking out with a low basso voice, Hashim added his own comment. "Regarding in-depth inspections, would it be possible to acquire a set of loyalist Marine armor before we set out? I can still imitate one if I so choose, and not many officials will argue with one, even if they would with a rogue trader." At this he smiles unpleasantly, while looking perfectly normal and untainted to all except possibly the psykers in the room. After a moment his expression deepens to a deep scowl, as if what he's about to say leaves a very foul taste in his mouth. "Or if we have a skilled armorer aboard I suppose I could work with them to 'restore' my own armor to its original appearance. Very, very few would recognize my former Chapter, and most officials don't have a comprehensive knowledge of all active Chapters in the Imperium."

pre:
Name: Hashim the Bloody
Archetype: Veteran of the Long War/Arch-militant
Devotion: KHORNE
Pride: Martial Prowess (+5 WS/-5 Int)
Disgrace: Betrayal (+5 Corruption/Untrustworthy)
Motivation: Vengeance (+2 Wounds/-5 Per)
Characteristics:
WS  60 (30 + 20 + 5[Pride] + 5[Archetype])
BS  40 (30 + 10)
S   50[70] (30 + 20)[+20 Power Armour]
T   45 (30 + 15)
Ag  40 (30 + 10)
Int 35 (30 + 10 - 5[Pride])
Per 25[35] (30 - 5[Motivation])[+10 Sight, Hearing]
WP  50 (30 + 15 + 5[Archetype]) 
Fel 30 (30)
Inf 40 (19 + 5 + 1d5(3) + 30 - 17)	

Wounds:	19 (15 + 1d5(2) + 2)
Infamy Points: 4
Corruption: 43

Experience: 5200/5400
Advances
-Veteran of the Long War -3600
-Tech-Use(U)             -200
-Trade(Armourer)(U)      -200
-Operate(Aeronautica)(U) -200
-Parry +10 (K)           -200
-Excessive Wealth(S)     -500
-Swift Attack(K)         -300

Alignment:
Khorne:    2
Nurgle:    0
Slaanesh:  1
Tzeentch:  0

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Disturbing Voice
Enemy(Adeptus Astartes)
Excessive Wealth
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Hatred(Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Guard)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded
Nerves of Steel
Peer(Traitor Legions, Warlords)
Quick Draw
Raptor
Swift Attack
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Skills:
Athletics [Str]
Awareness +10[Per]
Command [Fel]
Common Lore (War) [Int]
Common Lore (Imperial Guard) [Int]
Dodge +10[Agi]
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes) [Int]
Forbidden Lore (The Horus Heresy and the Long War) [Int]
Forbidden Lore (The Inquisition) [Int]
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) [Int]
Intimidate +10[Str]
Linguistics (Low Gothic) [Int]
Navigate (Surface) [Int]
Operate (Surface) [Agi]
Operate (Aeronautica) [Agi]
Parry +10[WS]
Psyniscience [Per]
Scholastic Lore(Tactica Imperialis)
Tech-Use [Int]
Trade(Armourer) [Int]

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Bionic Arm(Left)
Bionic Leg(Left)
Unremarkable

Special Ability:
The Eternal Enemy: Unstoppable Wrath
Abhorrence Unchained
Untrustworthy

Mutations:
Illusion of Normalcy(Gain Unremarkable Trait, Enemies are always Surprised when you attack[KHORNE])
Eye of Chaos(Gain Psyniscience, Intimidate +10[KHORNE])

Equipment:
-Common Quality Legion Power Armour
-Common Quality Legion Boltgun w/4 Clips
-Common Quality Legion Combat Knife
-Best Quality Nice Hat

Acquistions
-Common Quality Legion Power Sword
-Best Quality Legion Flamer
-Common Quality Jump Pack
-Personal Sigil
-Trophy Rack
-Poor Quality Gladiatorial Skulltaker(Legion Thunder Hammer)
-Best Quality Bionic Arm(Left)
-Best Quality Bionic Leg(Left)
-Best Quality Forearm Powerblade
-Good Quality Lightning Claw
-Icon of Endless War
-Infernal Star
-Skull Totem

Armor
Legion Power Armour
AP: 10[Body]/8[Rest]
Customization: Chain Bandoliers
Weight: 100kg
Current Systems Online:
-Enhanced Ceramite Plating
-Sustainable Power Source
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
pre:
Gladiatorial Skulltaker

Designed by the Gladiator Ressmass and his heretek partner, this weapon was designed to allow the Khorne Berserker to carry two fearsome
 thunder-hammers into battle in the arenas. The shaft was chopped nearly in half, and the head of the thunder hammer, which now included
 miniature chain-blades on the flat surfaces, was made of a light weight demonic metal.

The weapons treated Ressmass well for over one thousand fights, until the weapons, due to their top heavy nature, flew out of his hands, leaving
 him momentarily unarmed. A long enough moment to allow his opponent to eviscerate him. Even given that end, the weapon was popular with crowds, and
 many hereteks made knockoff copies, of which this is one. 

Serrated: whenever the wielder scores 3 or more DoS, it gains tearing for the attack.
Venerable Design: The Weapon gains the Proven (2) quality. If it already has it, then increase the value by 1
Lightweight Material: reduce weight by 2 kgs. If a 2 handed weapon, it becomes one handed.

Corrupted Pattern: Common craftsmanship version count as poor.
Poor Grip: If the wielder fails a weapon test by a number of degrees greater than their WS bonus, they lose hold of it and it flies 1d5 meters.

Poor Gladiatorial Skulltaker  Melee -;       2d10+9E    Pen 9        Concussive(3), Power Field, Unwieldy, Serrated, Poor Grip, Proven(2) 

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 23, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

Xanatova listens to the briefing silently. The legless, brainless lump of purple-tinted orkflesh bobs slowly up and down in the air behind her, giant chainsword glistening in the blue light of the meeting room. She's pleased that both the team's questions and their new employer's answers are sensible. This might actually work out decently. She waits for the champion of chaos in the body of an obscura whore to describe their first assignment, mechadendrites quivering in anticipation. During a momentary pause in the conversation, she wonders what the skull that had guided them to the room came from.

pre:
Name: Xanatova
Archtype: Heretek
Role: Explorator
Pride: Logic
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Innovation
XP (unspent): 4900 (0)

WS:40=25+15
BS:30=25+5
S:30=25+5
T:40=25+15
Ag:30=25+5
Int:63=25+20+5+5+3+5
Per:40=25+20-5
Wp:45=25+15+5
Fel:21=25-4

Wounds:11

Corruption:26
Infamy:53

Skills:
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Logic
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech, Imperium, War)
Tech-use +10
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Xenos +10, Warp, Pirates, Daemonology, Mutants, Archeotech, Inquisition)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Trade (Chymist, Armourer)
Medicae
Scrutiny
Psyniscience

Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Shock, Power)
Mechadendrite Training (Utility)
Total Recall
Weapon Tech
Minion of Chaos
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Binary Chatter
Foresight
Infused Knowledge
Favoured by the Warp
Psy Rating 2

Traits:
The Quick and the Dead
Mechanicus Implants
Unnatural Intelligence +2
Psyker
Ecstatic Duplication

Powers:
Precognition
Precognitive Dodge
Glimpse
Thought Sending
Precognitive Strike

Equipment:
Common-craftmanship Power Axe
Ligature Oils
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Optical Mechadendrite
Good-craftmanship Brain
Good-craftmanship Servo Arm
Maglev Coils
Advanced Medi-kit
Medicae Mechadendrite
Good-craftmanship MIU
Power Armour
-Life sustainer
-Vox-link
-Magnetised boot soles
-Devotional Iconography
Long-las
-Red-dot laser sight
-Ammo Glutton
Rituals Kit
Psy Focus
Poor-craftsmanship Blade Tines
Black Blood
Unspecified Labware
Calculus Logi Implant
100 Dreamjuice
10 Rose

Advances: 
Simple Int -250
Medicae -200
Forbidden Lore (Pirates) -200
Scrutiny -200

Trade (Armourer) -200
Foresight -500
Infused Knowledge -750
Forbidden Lore (Xenos +10) -350 
Forbidden Lore (Warp) -200

Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) -100
Simple Willpower -100
Psyniscience -100
Precognition -100
Glimpse -100
Thought Sending -100

Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) -100
Forbidden Lore (Mutants) -100
Favoured by the Warp -400
Precognitive Dodge -200

Upgrading Minion -250
Forbidden Lore (Inquisition) -100
Precognitive Strike -300

Alignment: Tzeentch
Nurgle: 1
Tzeentch: 13
pre:
Brutus

WS:24=15+9
BS:33=20+13
S:24=15+9
T:31=20+11
Ag:23=15+8
Int:15=10+5
Per:22=15+7
Wil:23=15+8
Fel:12=10+2

Wounds: 12

Skills:
Parry +10
Intimidate +10
Dodge +10

Talents:
Weapon Training (SP)
Nerves of Steel
Rapid Reload
Lightning Reflexes
Disturbing Voice
Baleful Dirge
Paranoia

Traits:
Unnatural Toughness +3
Unnatural Ballistic Skill +3
Auto-stabilised
Machine 4
Hoverer 6

Gear:
M34 Autocannon
Light Carapace

Waci fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Dec 22, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Aethun speaks to the only real pirate among the group, "Look at yourselves. None of you have fully functioning armor, much less do I have anyone available to make you one. Most of my Hereteks are busy either restoring this station, or your ship. There will be no false flag coming from me, you'll have to improvise yourself, I am afraid." When Aethun uses the term false flag, Hashim shudders; was it a coincidence, or was the damned Alpha sorcerer in his mind?

After careful study by her optical Mechadendrite, Xanatova identifies the skull as clearly from a Phyrr cat from the planet Phyrr in the Calixis sector. The Phyrr cat is an apex predator, and grows to the size of a small pony, similar in appearance to the now extinct tiger from Terra, though with a brown and purple coloring. It is rumored they use the Warp to hunt, based on some of the experiments and texts that Xanatova has done/read, it isn't a rumor.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ernesto Boli

"Most of them can't even identify the key symbols of their own religion, never mind identify a chapter, rogue or otherwise. Unless you plan on pissing on their shrine while they watch, we give you a lick of paint and the big problem would be explaining why an Astartes was in the area at all."

He looks around at the Marines in the room to judge their response, and frowns

"Well, some of you, anyway."

I am assuming this is true for at least some of the Marines, if not, I withdraw it.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"In most cases when we would need the Astartes to act or show themselves we wouldn't be in a position where deception would be helpful anyway." Vincent's speaks quietly, eager to move on to the assignment that is upcoming.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Vorgash

"Perhaps that would be the case amongst ordinary Imperial society sir but a Rogue Trader has the tendency to collect exotic examples of human brilliance do that not? If armour could be fashioned to encompass one such as I, it would be trivial to masquerade as nothing more than overgrown bodyguard."

Vorgash tilts his head towards the techpriest. "Could this be done in a timely manner?"

pre:
Name: Vorgash the Transcendent
Race: Chaos Space Marine
Archetype: Sorcerer
Career: Navigator
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Hubris 
Motivation: Ascendancy
XP: 500

Characteristics:
WS:   50
BS:   30
S:   (15)50
T:   (8)40  
Ag:   40  
Int:  31 
Per: (50)40 
WP:  (12)65    *    
Fel:  50  
Inf:  39

Wounds:       18
Infamy Bonus: 3
Corruption:   21

Alignment:
Khorne:   1
Nurgle:   1
Slaanesh: 1
Tzeentch: 2

Skills:
Athletics 
Awareness 
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, The Long War, Daemons)
Linguistics (Low Gothic) 
Navigate (Surface) 
Navigate (Warp)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore(Occult, Astromancy)
Deceive
Charm
Scrutiny

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Mimic
Nerves of Steel 
Psy Rating (2)
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior

True Grit
Swift Attack

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+10) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Unnatural Willpower (+6)
Regeneration (6)
Flyer(6)
Quadruped
Multiple Arms(6)

Psyker (Bound)

Psychic Powers:
Doombolt

Telepathy: All

Equipment:
Legion Power Armour 
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Boltgun w/4 Magazines
Legion Bolt Pistol w/2 Magazines
Force Sword

Power Armour
AP: 10[Body]/8[Rest] (Option 1: Enhanced Ceramite Plating)
Customization: Remnants of Mutation (Winged)
Enhanced Strength: +20
Dexterity Modifier: -10
Auto-Senses: Online (Option 2)
Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer: Offline
Vox-Link: Offline
Magnetised Boots: Offline
Sustainable Power Source: Yes (Option 3)
Biomonitor and Pain Suppressant (6 doses): Offline 
Recoil Suppression: Offline
Nutrient Recycling: Offline

Gifts of the Gods:
Magnificent Horns

Advancements
Swift Attack (500)
True Grit(750)
Willpower 1st(250)
Mind Link (200)
Mind Probe (200)
Inspire (100)

Acquisitions
Best Quality Psy Focus (Emblem of Tzeentch)
Poor Quality Psychic Hood.
Nerve induction tines
Tome on Slaanesh rituals (+10 on any ritual involving Slaanesh)

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 27, 2013

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

"I'm no armourer, but the creation of power armour is not a lost art. With adequate staff and supplies I see no reason why it could not be done."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Vorgash

"Power armour may be a little too obvious, perhaps some kind of sealed carapace designed around a much bulkier frame?

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Namtar Thrice-Born

"Concealing the Astartes amongst ourselves serves no purpose. Anyone able to divine who we truely serve is dangerous enough that they should be elminated, or never exposed to our mysteries in the first place.

"A more vital point is have you given us a suitable cover? Have you filled the holds full of enough to keep the simpering masses from realising who we are, or will we have to pretend to be traders with nothing to trade?"

pre:
Namtar Thrice-Born
Race: Marine
Archetype: Forsaken
Type: Missionary
Pride: Devotion
Disgrace: Waste
Motivation: Nihilism

WS	45
BS	42
S	37
T	50
Ag	35
Int	46
Per	37
WP	38
Fel	35
Inf	30
Wnds	17

Corruption: 10

Skills
Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Commerce
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, The Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Medicae
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Survival+10

Talents
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Legion Weapon Training
Hatred (Ecclesiarchy)
Jaded
Lesser Minion of Chaos
Light Sleeper
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior

Traits
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Ability: 
Resourceful (+10 to Infamy to obtain Items with an availability of Rare or lower)

Gifts of the Gods
Icon of Blasphemy

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armour 
(Scavenged Reconstruction, Bio-Monitor and Injectors, Sustainable Power Source, Nutrient Recycling)
Legionnaire Bolt Pistol
Legion Shotgun
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legionnaire Chainsword
Arm-Mounted Chainblade with Venom Drip
Good-Craftsmanship Blade Tines
56 Medikits
Four Bolt Pistol Magazines
Two Shotgun Clips
Four Legion Frag Grenades

Advances: (400/500)
Medicae (200)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry) (200)

Aquisitions:
Arm-Mounted Chainblade with Venom Drip
Good-Craftsmanship Blade Tines
56 Medikits

Alignment
Khorne	Nurgle	Slaanesh	Tzeentch
0	1	0		0
pre:
Nurgling Minion
Formed from Namtar's bitterness and despair, this mite of hopelessness crawled forth from his body. 
It feeds on his suffering, and Namtar is all too happy to let it.
WS 15
BS 1
S 10
T 20
Ag 10
Int 13
Per 10
WP 20
Fel 1
Movement: 0.5/1/2/3
Wounds: 6
Skills: Awareness, Intimidate, Stealth
Talents: Sound Constitution (2), Takedown, Disturbing Voice, Mimic.
Traits: Toxic (1), Natural Weapons (Teeth), Size (2)
Armour: None
Weapons: Infected Bite (1d10+1, Primitive (7), Toxic (1))
Loyalty: 35

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

"The point was not to conceal us as a simple part of the crew, let alone as some bodyguards. For simple checks, there should be no need for them to see us at all. It was to have a contingency in case an Administratum official gets too nosy about our business while we are someplace that simply 'removing' him would be difficult or unwise. Even an arrogant official who disdains Rogue Traders and pries into their business is likely to shut up and leave if he were to run into an Astartes, who may have enlisted said trader for a mission or transport. Even some of our brethren who are dogs of the Imperium are known to kill normal men for a perceived affront or nosing into their affairs."

"As for simply modifying our current armor to look like a loyalist fool, that would also serve the purpose I suppose. I simply despise the idea of restoring that corpse's iconography, even briefly. And it would take more than a simple splash of paint." At this he indicates the various spiky bits, devotional iconography, and other Chaotic ornamentation adorning the various Chaos Marines' suits. Also notably absent or defaced are such things as the Imperial Aquila that adorns the breastplate of current Imperial Marines.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

"Replaced iconography and removed modifications -may- work, given a suitable cover story. Something that will explain the presence of 'Astartes' and ordinary humans both. Keep in mind that the two, as I recall, do not mix often..."

Corvax went over to the wall, smearing the frost that coated the walls when Aethun "met" them with the glove of his armor.

"But the tried and true solution to concealing ourselves is warp-sorcery. As rare as competent, amenable psykers are, extra suits of Astartes power armor suitable for disguise are rarer still. Cloud the mind, erase the memory. Even this should be something only done in cases of emergency - and most emergencies are easily prevented. The aforementioned Administratum official, for example. Find some fault, and threaten blackmail if he attempts a thorough inspection. Agree to a dinner beforehand and ply him with drink until he cannot stand, let alone perform his task. Every slave of the Corpse has something we can exploit. In this way, we conserve our resources, great as they may be, for when we truly need them."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 19, 2013

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Vorgash

Quickly tiring of the discussion and ramblings of the undisciplined, Vorgash attempts to quickly resolve the discussion.

"The power of the warp seems a suitable temporary measure. Regardless of our solution this can all be resolved once we have our goal as I doubt our benefactor is planning to send us after an unobtainable target. What is our assignment my Lord?"

kingcom fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 19, 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBR1Q05JjhA
Somewhere in The Warp
"Brothers?" Flint says as his eyes open to the aether below him. "I thought you'd all be daemon food. Where the hell are we." Flint says as he floats down from the black of oblivion to a well lit habblock cafe. Before him is the rest of the Four Horseman, Butch Deadlift, Splint Chesthair, and Brass Hardcheese, sitting down playing dominos with oversized bricks made to be used by power armored fingers. "Purgatory I figure. None of the Chaos God's have devoured us up yet nor the lesser daemons. This is where we wait until some daemonic battle settles the issue of the spoils." Butch says. "It's really loving boring and the vox only has a limited selection of songs. So you're dead, how'd that happen." "Same way you all bought it, working for those Hydra fuckers." "Well we got time to hear it, its not like we're going anywhere soon! Tell us your tale brother."

"Ok so lets see where should I start. Met this Hydrafucker by the name of Aethun for the gig, dominated some obscura head to talk to us. Fething Sorcerors." Flint says as he spits and burns a hole in the floor. A minor warp apparition pears into the hole and is quickly stomped on by a ceramite boot. "He gave us the spiel, the ship, all that stuff. There was a decent crew picked for this, a mix of Astartes and humans who knew their poo poo. We even had a warrant of trade to go with our ship. Talked quite a bit about how we were gonna hide the Astartes/traitor presence on the ship and there was some good ideas for it. I still find it funny it was the Khornate Marine who came up with the idea of posing as Loyalist Marines should we face inspection or something like that. With a Alpha Legion Champion leading us no less. What else...what else."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 8, 2016

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....
Threebags

"Yes, I have to agree with Mr. Ironslag and my sorcerous coworker. The Warp will provide...

Speaking of which: Did you keep any of the ship's original voidsingers? Could be pretty useful. At least to me.

Gonna try to read our resident puppetmaster's aura.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
Hieronymus Schecte

Hieronymus stands with his hands behind his back during the briefing, his stance a relic of his navy heritage. Bored with the discussion of armour, he looks up when Flint speaks.

"Agreed. We haven't even inspected the ship yet. I'm hoping this Rogue Trader of ours wasn't so moronic as to bring some broken down freighter on his crusade. I'd hate to have come all this way to pilot an unworthy ship."

code:
Name:  Hieronymus Schecte, The Arsonist
Archetype: Renegade/Void-Master
Pride: Grace (+5 Ag, -5 Bs)
Disgrace: Hubris (+2 Inf, -4 Int)
Motivation: Nihilism (+5 corruption, -3 Wp)

Characteristics:
WS:   45
BS:   27
S:    40
T:    30
Ag:   50 (Adroit)
Int:  26
Per:  40
WP:   26
Fel:  40
Inf:  28 

Wounds: 13
Corruption: 10 

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Command
Common Lore (War, Imperial Navy, Tech)
Dodge +10
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Operate: (Skimmer/Hover, flyers, spacecraft)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Stealth
Tech Use
Trade (Voidfarer)

Talents:
Jaded
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Weapon Training: Chain, Las, Primary, Solid Projectile, Bolt, Power
Heavy Weapon Training: Flamer
Combat Sense
Sure Strike
Disarm
Ambidextrous
Hot Shot Pilot
Cursed Heirloom (Doomed Light Power Armour)

Traits:
The Quick and The Dead, Adroit

Gifts of the Gods:
Warpsight (+10 awareness, -10 Scrutiny)

Gear:
Common Craftsmanship Heavy Flamer
Common Craftsmanship Bolt Pistol
Common Craftsmanship Power Mace
Carapace Armour
Medikit
Dataslate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis
Cursed Heirloom: Light Power Armour (Doomed, Spikes, osmotic grill, sustainable power source, magnetised boot soles, insulated)

XP spent:
Hotshot Pilot- 500
Cursed Heirloom-250
Weapon Training: Power-250

Starting Acquisition:
Upgrade light power armour with insulated
best quality hand flamer

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Aethun, or rather his odscura-whore shell, smiles at all the talk of subterfuge, "It is excellent you all are of the proper mindset. Stealth and deceit shall be your allies. This is why you have a mixed command crew; as much as it may pain you, there are times my fellow Fallen Astartes will be a liability."

Aethun gets up, walks over to a nearby window and gazes out of it, while continuing to talk, "This is your last chance. If you wish not to partake in this endeavor, leave now. I shall arrange for your safe passage back to whatever hole you each crawled out of." Hearing no one move, Aethun turns around, "Then I suppose I should tell you of your first mission. It is likely the most straightforward assignment you will get, but also the most dangerous. As I said, the previous Rogue Trader kept the Warrant of Trade on board his vessel. I shall not make the same mistake. I have arranged for the Warrant to be put in a reputable Escrow bank. On Scintilla."

Aethun lets that sink on, taking his/her/its seat, "You are to take your ship to Scintilla and go to the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. Once there you are to meet with one of their escrow agents, a Stephen Gramsh. Stephen likes to fancy himself a member of a Chaos Pleasure cult because he and some other high ranking clerks like to take some Ghostfire and copulate. That said, he has his uses. Normally these Escrow accounts are expensive, but he is willing to cover the fee if you do some work for his little cult. So you are to go to Scintilla, go to the bank, and do whatever little errand Gramsh sends you on. He will then put the Warrant into a stasis vault and give you some Receipts of Bearing. You are to give him the following instructions on the Receipts: He is to Issue you a series of Two Receipts. The receipt must also contain the following release provision: 'the Warrant will only be released to the bearer of the receipt numbered 2 of 2'. You are then to return here and give me the second receipt. The first you will maintain on ship, and can be used as proof of having a legal Warrant to trade under. Do you have any questions?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"None beyond where the ship is docked so we can begin." This assignment did not sound remarkably difficult to Vincent so long as the weasel they were to meet didn't ask for anything insane. Which, of course, was not guaranteed.

Just realized I forgot to specify which Heavy Weapon training I wanted to take. Updated now.

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 19, 2013

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Lysandra d'Schonne

Aethun posted:

Stephen likes to fancy himself a member of a Chaos Pleasure cult because he and some other high ranking clerks like to take some Ghostfire and copulate.

Lysa raises a hand to her mouth to cover a laugh at that. When the proxy asks if there are any questions, she shakes her head. "None, my lord. The complications of the task will become clear once we arrive." She bows her head respectfully again.

These people and Legionaries are asking too many questions, as though their masters of the hydra had not carefully considered the mission already.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006

Mr. Threebags

Seeing his questions go unanswered, Threebags glowers powerlessly at Aethun's shell.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was at a wedding - it's kinda hard to post big swaths of text on a smartphone. Is it okay if I keep using spoilers for any hidden stuff I do?

pre:
Name: Mr. Threebags
Career: Astropath 
Pride: Wealth (+20 acquisition test, -3 WP)
Disgrace: Deceit (+2 Infamy, -4 Int)
Motivation: Violence (+5 Corruption, -3 Int)

WS: 35= 35
BS: 25= 25
S: 25= 25
T: 30= 30
Ag: 45= 45
Int: 32-7= 25
Per: 40= 40
WP: 45-3+10= 52
Fel: 43+5= 48
Infamy = 46
Wounds = 9 
Corruption = 23

Skills
Athletics (Untrained, +20 bonus to leap and jump.)
Awareness
Common Lore (Imperium)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Charm (+25 from mask)
Deceive (+20 from mask)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Intimidate (Untrained, +25 from mask)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Psyniscience (+10 bonus from Eye of Chaos)
Scholastic Lore (Cryptology)
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Trade (Troubadour)

Traits: 
Eye of Chaos
Psyker
The Quick and the Dead

Talents: 
Jaded
Psy-rating 4
Sprint
Weapon Training (Primary)
Weapon Training (Shock)
Warp Sense
Heightened Senses (Hearing)

Psychic Powers
Warp Time
Astropath Telepathy (RT)
Delude (RT)
Mind over Matter (RT)
Precision Telekinesis (RT) 
Aura Reading (RT)
Psycholocation (RT)
Compel(RT)
Sensory Deprivation (RT)
Dominate (RT)
Doombolt

Gear
Common Craftsmanship Stub Revolver
Warp Staff
Flak Cloak
Psy-focus (Blood-caked skinning knife) 
Good Craftsmanship cameleoline cloak
Best Craftsmanship set of bionic legs
Synskin
Poor Craftsmanship displacer field (The Bags)
Beguiling gem (ToE) - actually a pocketwatch
Grumsh (Soulfire Lance)
Demeter's Venic Noose
Noble's Mimic Mask

Minions

The Bags

Ws 01 Bs 01 S 15 T 30 Ag 35 I 35 Per 35 Wp 22 Fel 01, Move 3, Wounds 8/8, armor 6, 
Skills: FL(Daemonology)+10, FL(Warp)+10, Awareness, Stealth+30, 
Talents: Unremarkable (Bug), Mimic, Light sleeper, Heightened senses (Sight, Hearing), 2x Wounds. 
Traits: Soul-Bound (to Threebags), Parasite, Size 1 (-30 to hit), Unnatural int 3, Burrower 3.  
Equipment: Grapnel line (Mucous projection), Lascutter (Acidic secretions), Light carapace armor.

XP Earned: 4350 (+ 700 for Psychic powers)
XP Remaining: 50
XP Spent: 4200
Bought:
Stealth 200 - Unaligned
Psy Rating +1 750 - Unaligned
Warptime 400
Astropath Telepathy Free
Delude 100
Mind over Matter Free
Precision Telekinesis 100
Aura Reading Free
Psycholocation 100
Compel 200
Sensory Disruption 200
Dominate 300
Doombolt 200
Sleight of hand 200 - Unaligned
Simple Wp advance 250 - Tzeentch
Intermediate Wp advance 500 - Tzeentch
Precognition 100
Preternatural Awareness 100
Simple Fel advance 250 - Slaanesh
Minion of chaos 500 - Unaligned x2
Excessive wealth - Unaligned
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) 200 - Tzeentch
Glimpse 100

Alignment
Khorne:    
Nurgle:    
Slaanesh: 1  
Tzeentch: 3
Unaligned: 6

Gifts of the Gods
Eye of Chaos- (1d100=36, 1d100=37)
Blasted senses - Sight

Frankie! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 19, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 25, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Corvax gave the rest of the assembled team a cursory glance, then turned to Aethun's warp-puppet.

"I have no other questions - at least not at the moment. We've received our instructions."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ernesto Boli

Securing the warrant in the bunkers of a hive-city? Boli considers this a delightful little joke, and he chuckles to himself at the thought of it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Frankie! posted:

Threebags

Threebags glowers powerlessly at Aethun's shell.

The meat-puppet glares back at Mr. Threebags. "Oh, did I slight you little Psyker? No, none of the original crew is left alive. I could not trust them not to sell you out to Imperial authorities. You'll have to build your own little choir."

Frankie! please post your character sheet. In my breadgame a player never posted/still hasn't posted their sheet, and having to try to dig up the recruit thread everytime they want to do something(which I now can't since my cheap rear end doesn't have archives) makes me a sad panda.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Vorgash

A small chuckle emanating from te armoured shell broadcasted out as a much haughty laugh as the huge bulk of the space marine quickly forced the other psyker to the rear.

"Perhaps this life may not be so bad after all, at the very least this will be interesting. Onwards to Scintilla then, I am most anxious to see what has become of my beloved Imperium. Humanity awaits liberation."

kingcom fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 20, 2013

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Threebags

Satisfied that his query has been answered, Threebags nods wordlessly and zones out, becoming lost in tangled plots involving the abduction of quite a few unsanctionned witches sure to be crowding Scintilla's dilapidated underbelly.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Namtar Thrice-Born

"No questions relating to the mission."

Namtar paces around the marionette, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"What is the range of your control of this flesh-puppet? Could we take it with us and use it to communicate with you when needed? Diving into the Screaming Vortex whenever you pull on our chains is liable to get us noticed."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"That is a thoughtful question follower of the Rotten One. While my control range is far, it is not that far. However, I am a powerful enough Psyker to communicate with your Mr. Threebags, so you do not have to return here everytime I need you. That said you often will need to return here to pick up men and material, as if I could get it into Imperial space I would not need you in the first place. Well if there are no more questions, you have leave to go to your ship." The Aethun-puppet stands up as if if is going to take leave of the table. "You may want to cover your face." is all the breifest warning the group gets as the woman's head explodes, showering the table in gore. The servo(cat)skull gets up from the table flashes the words "Follow me" in hologram again, and then takes off slowly.

The group is led through more of the station, a twisted network of hallways that all look the same, until it takes them to a docking port. As the group enters the vessel, the first thing they notice is the strange twist music blasting from the VOX system. The Skull leads them to the bridge. The bridge is empty save one soul who is standing at a console, bobbing his head up and down to the music. The cat skull flies by and makes eye contact with the man. He turns around and the music ship-wide cuts out. The man appears to be a former hive-ganger, head covered in tattoos and headphone-like cybernetic ears on both sides of his head.

"Ohy,yous the captain and his mates? I'm Tibur, ship's first Comm Officer, in charge of sub-space vox and the Augur. Ship's about ready to go, so if'n you want I can call the senior officers to the briefing room, otherwise if you want to inspect her first, go right ahead.

So if you guys want to check out parts of the ship, (I.E. fluff the gently caress out) go ahead, otherwise, I guess we can get you guys void-faring.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Young man, you may rest assured the ship wide vox is working perfectly. Where are our quarters? I have a crate that needs moving there, and would not feel settled until sure it is secured. What is that smell?"

Boli sniffs the air, unsure what the odd fragrance he's picking up is. As he goes to clean his glasses he notices a fragment of flesh and bone caught on the sleeve of his cassock, the woman's cheap fragrance mixing poorly with the smell of blood.

"Hm. Also, I think I need to get changed."

Just want to make sure the pet robot is on board, then I'm good to leave.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent flinches as he is splattered by blood, brain, and bits of bone. "How theatrical." he mutters as he reaches up to wipe his face. Quite frankly, the sight disturbed him more than he was wiling to show. The ability to make a host's head explode from a distance was definitely the sign of a monstrously powerful psyker and Vincent quickly decides that it would be very unwise to allow Aethun into his mind.

The music pounding from the speakers reminds Vincent of the many clubs he accompanied the Wyst nobles to in his former life. The memories were not wholly unpleasant and he almost allows himself to relax until the group reaches the bridge. The Comms officer was...interesting to say the least. With an accent like that Vincent can't imagine that their captain would be speaking through him. Vincent shares Father Boli's question, so he also asks the same and follows up by asking, "Does this ship have a training facility?" He would explore the ship after he'd found his room.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Corvax holds up a hand to his face as the puppet's head explodes.

"An interesting display. I should have worn my helmet, it seems."

Once outside the meeting room, he motions for Lucretia to follow him as they are led to the ship's bridge, and its communications officer.

"Yes, Tibur, I would prefer to have the meeting as soon as possible. Also, see to it that my comrade's inquiries are responded to quickly by those who would know such things. That is all."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Threebags

"Theatrics. Charming. And now I will have to deal with this man screaming into my head from time to time." Threebags shakes his head. "Not that any of you would know what that would entail." He lets out a small laugh" Well maybe you do now... Not a pretty sight." The little man sighs, and a small brown blob falls from under his cloak. Surveying the remains of the nameless wretch Aethun had cast away, Threebags can't help but take it in as a probable future for at least some of the Sovereign's new crew. Not him, though. He would find a way to stay useful - at least until he got what he wanted.

"Waste not, want not, as they say." He says as he takes off right behind the floating drone. As he leaves, the small pouch he left behind slowly drags itself to the whore's corpse. It inches slowly at first, but then works itself into a soundless frenzy as it starts boring into the shell's guts.

The man called Tibur seemed of a jovial sort - Threebags could definitely appreciate that. "Mr. Tibur! Realspace colleague! It will surely be a pleasure to be working with you. We must...Must toast to this, our first walk on the bridge of our ship, the start of the endeavor that will end us all as we know ourselves." He grabs the tray off a branded attendant's hands, and passes it around. " To our Future; Both our group's and our own." With a flourish, he empties his glass, and picks another up. "Now, I assuredly can't speak for the rest of our fine warband, but I myself have never been privy to the inner workings of a voidcraft. Tibur, my good man, care to give us a tour of the ship? Why, we could end it at the officer's quarters so Vincent and the good father may refresh themselves. Two birds with one stone!" The psyker exclaims, flashing an impossibly wide grin.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Vorgash

The explosion matched a similar explosive pattern to a bolt shell detonation. Vorgash remembered something vague about a psyker's subconscious influence of the warp tended to mold it to what was most familiar. It would be logical to assume that the fallen Astartes would naturally fall into that particular visual, then again molecular detonation was not his speciality.

Drawing a small chunk from his armour and flicking it to no-one in particular he watched and waiting for the remainder of the crew, gauging their reactions. While the mortals reacting rather negatively it is to be expected. Naturally the abomination reacted with very little sympathy but did leave some small part of himself behind. Watching the small brown bag drag itself towards the corpse the petty side of his nature broke through. A huge armoured boot came slamming down on top of the bag only to have it dart out the way at the last second. The thing gave a hiss and then quickly scurried back to its master.

Having made his way to the ship he was simply glad for the relief disabling the auto-sensor's audio input brought. It would do little harm to acquaint himself with his future home for the foreseeable future.

To no one in particular "Perhaps I should inspect my...operating theatre". Vorgash makes his way to the navigator quarters and subsequently the bridge once he assumes it is sufficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Lysandra

Lysa shuts her eyes and shields her face with her sleeve just before the woman's head bursts. She winces. This reminds her of an experiment she once witness one of the magi perform, where the stresses upon the test subject's body were so extreme that his his simply ruptured in response. The blood and gore does not show very much on her robes, cut and colored in the style of a tech-priest.

She proceeds to the bridge with the others, and peruses a copy of the ship's schematics. "Mm, indeed, master, we should meet the officers quickly, and plan our strategy. I have many suggestions."