Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Octuv

Several Days Ago, Aboard a Rapidly Descending Dreadclaw

Octuv swivels his head to look at the accompanying Arbites, grinning madly behind his helmet as the craft rattled and jolted with the stress of re-entry. Octuv didn't need to turn up his suit's vox to yell over the din. Although he was no longer a Noise Marine in the strictest sense, he still considered the volume most people called "screaming" to be a perfectly conversational tone.

"HOLD ON TIGHTLY, MORTAL. RIDING A DREADCLAW IS AN EXPERIENCE NO ONE FORGETS. EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO DON'T SURVIVE THE LANDING, AH HA HA HA!"

A few minutes later, Octuv finds himself near-catatonic as his over-tuned Slaaneshi senses turn the already intense sensation of crashing through a gunship into a total sensory overload. He only snaps partly back into consciousness when the Dreadclaw slams into the ground even harder; his last clear memory before finding himself in the safe house with the others involves staggering out of the opened doors of the pod and noticing that the cracked Dreadclaw displays now read HAVE A NICE DAY :).

------------------------------

Now

"What was I doing in the depths of the Sovereign? Well, even Loyalist ships and crews, girded by faith in the Corpse in addition to their Geller fields, struggle to avoid a buildup of Warp-taint in their darkest corners. Minor Warp entities, mutated life forms and even the occasional possessed or insane crewmember tend to haunt the least trafficked areas of any ship that cruises the stars for long enough. On a ship like the Sovereign, filled as it is with worshipers of the Dark Gods? You'd be surprised how many cultists are dumb enough to listen to the whispered deals in their heads, is what I'm saying. Normally it's safe enough for us to ignore them, but our ship must maintain a Loyalist appearance to prying eyes, so I ensured that the ship's darkest corners remained clear enough of taint to stop it from leaking out where the Imperials might see it. Frankly, it was a waste of my talents, but the payment was...impressive."

Octuv raises his remaining hand and rubs the large gem that hangs from his neck on a chain, its contents misty and writhing.

"For one of these, a Shrieking Soul? I would burn a thousand worlds for a chance at such an artifact, and it was offered as payment in advance for this trifling duty. But I suspect Aethun knew that I would be promoted to command and considered it an investment in his own venture's future. Plots within plots with these Tzeentchi, eh?"

Before Octuv could speak further, their current benefactor entered and explained his little plan, managing to nearly get himself shot in the process. Octuv lowers his bolter-arm as quickly as he had raised it, the daemonic faces of the barrel and scream-vents looking somehow disappointed.

"Ah, faking our deaths. Yes, yes... Well, that plan sounds good to me, although obviously we will need more details on the layout and the specifics. Regarding this bothersome Inquisitor who has been tormenting this little group over the past few weeks. Do you think we could lure her there by pretending to let our plans slip, have her 'die heroically fighting the Emperor's foes?' Perhaps make it look like it was her intervention that caused us to be caught in our own attempt to blow the place up? If we're going to 'die,' we might as well take as many Loyalists down with us as we can."

Picking up Precog Dodge, Precog Strike, and Target Selection.

pre:
Name: Octuv
Archetype: Sorceror/Navigator
Alignment: Slaanesh 
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Regret
Motivation: Ascendancy

Characteristics:

WS:   30
BS:   50 
S:    30 
T:    40 
Agi:  50
Int:  50
Per:  40 
WP:   62 
Fel:  50

Wounds: 14 
Infamy: 83
IP: 7/7
CP: 59

Skills:

Acrobatics +10
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (War)
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Daemonology +10, The Horus Heresy, The Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface, Warp)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Occult)
Scrutiny
Stealth

Talents:

Ancient Warrior
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Excessive Wealth
Favoured by the Warp
Heightened Senses (All)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Meditation
Mighty Shot
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons)
Step Aside
Storm of Iron
Target Selection
Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Thought Sending
Delude
Mind Probe
Precognition
Glimpse
Precognitive Dodge
Precognitive Strike
Warptime
Celeritous Sense
Lash of Submission
Unnatural Healing
Regeneration

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Psyker (Bound)
Haunted: +10 to enemy Intimidate
Slayer Limb (Heavy Bolter)
Mark of Slaanesh
Unnatural Fellowship (+2)

Gear:

Legion Power Armour
--Black Legion's Armour
-Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer
-Recoil Suppression
-Bio-Monitor and Injectors

GC Legion Power Armour (+5 Deceive)
--Scavenged Reconstruction
-Sustainable Power Source
-Auto-Senses
-Enhanced Ceramite Plating

Daemonic Ramoran Bolt Revolver (Binding 6, WP 34, Piercing)
Inferno Pistol w/Slow Recharge
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Bolt Pistol (2 Mags)
GC Grenade Launcher w/ RDLS, Fire Selector, Noxious Discharge
Stun Grenades (6)
BC Legion Heavy Bolter (Belt Feed, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Slayer Limb)
GC Shimmering Robes
GC Shrieking Soul
GC Rapturous Standard
GC Helmet Augmentations
BC Recoil Glove
Psychic Hood
Psy-Focus
GC Cranial Armor
Blue Fire (2 Doses)
Sweep (4 Doses)

Acquisitions:

GC Shrieking Soul (-50 Near Unique +10 Single +10 EW +20 Wealth -10 Good)

GC Shimmering Robes (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

BC Legion Heavy Bolter w/ Belt Feed, Cursed Metal 
(-30 Extremely Rare +10 AW +10 EW +10 Single -20 Best +0 Up/Downgrade)

Pain Vents (Heavy Bolter) (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW)

GC Legion Power Armour (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

GC Rapturous Standard (-30 Extremely Rare +10 Single +10 EW -10 Good)

XP Log:

5100- Starting

1250- Riding the Dreadclaw

2000- Blowing up the Power Plant

1000- Deldar Warp Funtimes

750- Recovering the Heir

1500- Necron Lord Assassination

1000- Battle of the Bands

500-Free Space Station, Slightly Used

XP Spent       12700/13100

Ancient Warrior-250		(U)
Mighty Shot-750			(N)
Charm-200			(S)
Deceive-200			(S)
Acrobatics-200			(S)
Mimic-250		        (S)
Excessive Wealth-250		(S)
Lightning Reflexes-250		(S)

--------------(Aligns Slaanesh)

Fel +5-100			(S)
PR 3-750			(U)
PR 4-750			(U)
Warptime-400			(U)
Favoured by the Warp-750	(T)
Target Selection-750            (U)
Precognitive Dodge-200          (U)
Precognitive Strike-300         (U)
Step Aside-750                  (U)
PR 5-750                        (U)
Celeritous Sense-400            (S)
WP +5-250                       (T)
WP +5 (2)-500                   (T)
Agi +5-250                      (U)
Glimpse-100                     (U)
Stealth-200                     (U)
Lash of Submission-400          (S)
Unnatural Healing-300           (U)
Regeneration-400                (U)
Agi +5 (2)-500                  (U)
Acrobatics +10-200              (S)
Storm of Iron-750               (K)
Int +5-250                      (U)
FL (Daemonology) +10-350        (T)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Octuv

"Sounds workable. Three questions: first, what's the scale on this map? How far apart are these structures? Second, how tough are these coolant pumps? Do we have to depend on the demolition charges, or could I damage one with sustained fire? And third, do you have a more precise count of the on-site security forces and their weaponry? I don't want to be taken by surprise by combat servitors or turrets."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv whips his head to face Dash, startled by the movement.

"Hnnh? Ah...so, this is the Warp presence I've been sensing flitting around your head. I'd wondered if you knew. Fascinating...is it something like Huron Blackheart's infamous hamadrya?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv clumsily pulls off his helmet, sputtering, and shakes out water and an errant fish, silently cursing his armor's faulty seals. When you'd scavenged as many pieces as he had, it was inevitable that they wouldn't quite line up correctly without some adjustment from the hereteks. One of these days he'd get around to having the functioning seals transferred over from the suit he'd "liberated" from a Black Legionnaire a few years back.

"Ugh, this water would make Nurgle proud. Any objections to Dash's plan? I admire its simplicity. And its violence, of course. Or would we like to start out pretending that we're going to go unnoticed in this wide-open compound?"

Waiting for a reply, Octuv breathes deeply and lets the Warp flood his perceptions, sending static crackling up and down his armor. Soon now, very soon, the Loyalists would get their first taste of his magnum opus. Patience.

I gain 1 point of Fatigue but it doesn't really matter, the Shrieking Soul lets me ignore the effects of Fatigue.

Manifesting Warptime at the Unfettered (PR 4) level, TN 62 (52 -10 Difficulty +20 PR 4): 45. I now count as having Unnat. WS, BS and Agi (4).

Anyway, yeah, let's just blitz these fools. Stealth as close to the towers as we can, then once we're inevitably spotted the smashier among us can keep rolling forward and killing while the squishy ones set the bombs.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv nods to Edgar and continues to sweep the surroundings for any newcomers, heavy bolter raised.

"Be my guest. Once he's dead, we can cut the throats of the two inside and be done with this. Then comes the loud part, heh heh."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv pries his force sword out of the still-twitching remains of an adept, flicks the blood off the blade, and returns it to its scabbard with a noise of disgust.

"I didn't even channel energy into this one! One little stab and down he goes. They just don't make these cogheads like they used to. Bah. Well, we're done, and I'm sure the others should be done any second if they aren't already. Shall we head to the barracks and start making some noise?"

Don't mind me, just wanted to get my combat block done.

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 5/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 8/16/24/48
Force Field: 36, 1-4 Overload

WS:   30
BS:   50
S:    30
T:    40
Ag:   40 
Int:  45
Per:  40
WP:   52
Fel:  50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (4), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

Sustaining: Warptime

Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+3]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+4)[+7]R      2(+4)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 0/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 28, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Nothing in moderation, I say. We should burn the barracks and slaughter the Inquisitor and her pet Astartes when they come for us. I want to see these so-called champions of the Corpse brought low. But I suppose that if the rest aren't in any hurry to test their might against the Loyalists again, we can just take the boring way out."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv raises his twisted arm and smiles, crackles of warp lightning dancing across his armor. It was time to start the show; the infantry were a tempting target, but he had a clear shot on the Chimera's vulnerable flank. He blink-clicked his vox to maximum volume and settled his sights on the vehicle.

"LET'S START WITH THE PYROTECHNICS! aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH-"

The thunder of his heavy bolter and the horrifying, agonized screaming blasting out of the daemon-faced pipes that twist through it utterly drown him out.

Standing 100 meters away off to one side to shoot Chimera 1 in the side.

Initiative 14

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50: 52, nope.

Full-Auto Burst vs 110 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +30 Size +30 Surprise): 92, no, gently caress you dice,

Full Auto Burst vs 110 Reroll: 22, 9 DoS +2 from Unnatural BS, so that's max hits.

Heavy Bolter Damage: 9, 2, 9, 10, 4, 6, 3, 10

Hit Locations: 22, 95, 8, 92, 75, 98, 34, 1

With 17 base damage and Pen 5 against 22 armor the armor is completely canceled out, so that's 53 total, ZH on the Turret and Motive Systems (not that it matters). Let me know how many kills this counts as for my Shrieking Soul.

Oh, and every enemy in earshot has to test against Fear (3) because of Pain Vents.

e: If you want two rounds of actions, I'll Run towards the other side of the area trying to get on the surviving Chimera's flank or force it to present its side to someone else.

pre:
IP: 4/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 8/16/24/48
Force Field: 36 (1-4 Overload)

WS:   (7)30
BS:   (9)50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (8)40 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      52
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (4), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+4)[+7]R      2(+4)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 

GC Shrieking Soul: 0/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 12, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv knew from the very first moment that, as always, he would be the center of attention. Sprinting to one side, he laughs mockingly as he dances between enemy shots, barely even trying. Skidding to a stop, he levels his heavy bolter again.

"IF I CAN HEAR YOUR SCREAMS OVER MY WEAPON, I PROMISE I'LL LET YOU GO!"

Cackling, Octuv sweeps his fire across the guardsmen and then towards the surviving Chimera, his laughter once again drowned out by the weapon's screams.

-------

Silly guardsmen. Let me show you how marksmanship works. (It works by stacking a ton of bonuses and minmaxing like crazy). If they manage to hit me on either of these turns, I'll use Precognitive Dodge at the Unfettered level.

How many kills did that Chimera (well, the crew) count as for my Shrieking Soul?

(I just remembered that I get +1 movement AB from the armor since black carapace only cancels the enemy to-hit boost, so that's fixed now.)

Turn 1:

Attacking Horde 1:

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50: 81

Full Auto Burst vs 110 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Best +60 Size):: 36, 8 +2 DoS from Unnatural BS, max hits again.

Damage: 18, 6, 4, 9, 3, 10, 6, 6; that's 9 hits with the explosive bonus against hordes.

Actually come to think of it I didn't need to do that damage roll, their cover is utterly outclassed by my weapon's Pen and damage. D'oh.

Turn 2:

Attacking the Chimera:

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50: 31, 2 DoS.

Full Auto Burst vs 90 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Precog Strike +10 Best +30 Size): 16, 8 DoS +2 DoS.

Damage: 8, 9, 6, 6, 7, 9, 10, 8

After +17 damage apiece, Pen 5 against 30 armor, that's 3 damaging shots for a total of 4 damage. Less than I'd hoped for, but I was fishing for ZH anyway. Hit locations for the three:

Hit Locations: 61 29 40

Wait, more shots did damage than I thought, so

More Hit Locations: 16 69;
that's Weapon, Hull, Hull. ZH lands on the Hull, assuming it doesn't jink.

pre:
IP: 4/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing

Wargear:

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 16, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Briefly, Octuv stumbles under the sheer weight of fire being directed his way, the barrage of lasers simply too intense to completely dodge. This was still a better future than the half-dozen he'd glimpsed where the multilaser tore him in half, of course. More importantly, it was so good to have an appreciative audience again after all the time he'd spent wandering around the dank bowels of that damned ship. There's nothing more beautiful than stealing the show.

Blood pours into his mouth and leaks through a dozen tiny punctures in his armor's joints, the droplets freezing, vaporizing, or even squirming along the ground of their own accord as the power of the Warp bleeds off him in all directions. Shaking off the dizziness, he lets the anguished psychic cries of the spirits being drawn into his Shrieking Soul invigorate him. He levels his bolter again and lets out a roar of satisfaction.

"YES! GIVE ME MORE! PAIN IS PLEASURE! PLEASURE IS PAIN!"

His aim on the Chimera is dead true, but all the combat training, implants, and madness in the world can only counteract so much agony (or ecstasy, depending on your viewpoint). When he turns to the Guardsmen, his arms give out for a moment, sending the second barrage low and demolishing nothing but the ground.

------

Turn 1:

IP Heal: 1d5+1 2, pfff

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50 64, alright, well, at least I have good to-hit

Aim and Full Auto Burst on the Chimera/Horde 2 on the offchance Dash kills the Chimera, TN 80 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +30 Size): 93, lol

Full Auto Burst vs 80 IP Reroll: 24, there we go, 7 DoS +2 for max hits

Damage: 10, 9, 7, 10, 3, 7, 5

Hit Locations: 42 46 39 47 84 54 84 26

+17 damage per shot, 18 armor after Pen, means the total damage is 44 (9 +8 +6 +9 +2 +6 +4). I doubt it's going to jink enough for the ZH to matter.

Turn 2:

Assuming I'm not bleeding to death at this point after the Guardsmen pincushion me,

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50 46, 2 DoS

Aim and Full Auto Burst on Horde 2: TN 90 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Precog Strike +30 Size): 97, well, this has been an interesting set of rolls.

pre:
Wounds: 04/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 4

Sustaining: Warptime (PR 4)

Wargear:

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 3, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Panting heavily, Octuv rocks unsteadily on his feet. If the world would just stop spinning, he was certain he'd be able to crush those Deathwatch swine.

"I'LL KILL THEM! Kill... I... no, I'm fine, I'M FINE! I can take them, I...

He shakes his head and immediately regrets it as everything starts spinning even faster . He hated to admit it but those Guardsmen had gotten him good. He'd probably lost a few pints of blood in spite of his superior coagulative system. Any more injuries and he would be in serious danger. As it stood he was probably going to need medical attention.

"No, Dash is right. Let's blow this place apart. We've made our point. Our mission is done here. I've pushed myself beyond my limits. I'm all for excess but I won't throw away my life for bloodthirst."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Having spent over a week stuck in the infirmary of the Abominable Sovereign, Octuv was itching to get out of this conference room to go stretch his legs. That, and he had a list of items he wanted to track down. As soon as Aethun jumps back into the Warp, Octuv turns to the others and shrugs.

"I suppose keeping the Warrant in our hands is the most pressing concern. If Corvax's servant can play the role, fine; otherwise we'll need to track down a replacement. I can be quite persuasive, but I don't think I'd blend in too well, heh heh."

He starts towards the exit, humming and mumbling to himself, then glances at Drozak and nods.

"Follow me if you wish; I'm heading there myself. I need to pick up something to deal with hard targets, and I'll have them upgrade my helmet's internals while I search for psy-active artifacts on this station. I'm sure SOMEONE around here has scavenged a few parts off a dead Librarian..."

Taking Step Aside, Psy Rating 5, and Celeritous Sense, banking the last 100.

Acquisitions:

Trade in Legion Bolter.

Psychic Hood, TN 82 (62 -30 ER +10 Single +10 EW +30 Trade) 78

Psy-Focus, TN 92 (62 +10 Av +10 Single +10 EW): 7

BC Legion Plasma Pistol w/ Noxious Discharge , TN 52 62 (62 -20 VR -20 Best +10 Single +10 AW +10 EW +10 Downgrade): 88

Inferno Pistol w/ Slow Recharge, TN 52 62 (62 -30 ER +10 Single +10 EW +10 Downgrade): 41

GC Helmet Augmentations, TN 72 (62 -10 Rare +10 Single +10 EW): 13

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv remains standing, drumming his fingers idly against his other arm. Pity the girl was so well defended; it was hard to resist attacking the Ecclesiarchy.

"Mmm, well, I would absolutely relish breaking one of the Imperium's faithful, but I suppose we have better things to do with our time, and we need to get this problem with the Warrant dealt with. We'll be best served tracking down the proper heir. It would take far too long to break the will of an Astartes, even if he could inherit. And of course, my dear Gramsh, we'd be fools to actually trust Aethun. In general it's foolish to fully trust anyone, especially daemons and especially the sort that serve the Changer."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Ugh, there's going to be such detritus and Warp buildup left behind. They'd better not expect me to clean it up. I've been promoted from janitor duty. I'm done stalking the underdecks flushing out the squirming shadows and mutants."

Octuv's eyes light up (literally and figuratively) as he plunges his perceptions into the Warp. He could feel all manner of vile intelligences swarming eagerly into the ship, desperate for a taste of the souls within. At least today had become a lot more exciting.

"Would a few of you like to join me in finding out what's warbling in our observatory, or should I just follow Corvax? I'm not mad enough to set out on my own, but I'd hate for whatever it is to slip away while we're busy with the engines."

Warptime (Unfettered) vs 67: 23, and I just realized I forgot a bunch of extra bonuses on top of that from all the +psychic stuff I picked up. Whatever, doesn't matter, that's Unnatural BS, WS, and Agi (5).

I'd like to split up and have myself and a few other folks go beat up whatever's in the observatory, but if nobody else wants to I'll just stick with the crowd.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Well, poo poo," mutters Octuv. Meeting a heavily blessed Khornate and his crowd of daemons would be bad enough if he was just a Slaaneshi or a psyker, but both? These things were going to tear him in half if he didn't stop them. And what was the best way to stop someone from killing you? Why, kill them first.

The Shimmering Robes draped over Octuv's armor begin to dance even faster in the unfelt winds of change as Octuv draws an unprecedented amount of power into the perception centers of his brain. Suddenly he could taste the blood in the room, hear the twin beats of Gorsha's hearts, and a thousand other distracting sensations. Fear was clawing at his mind and making his limbs twitch, but he could almost completely drown it out with this intoxicating, mind-shattering new ability. He raises his heavy bolter and smiles at the first jab of excruciating pain from the teeth within.

"Come for me then if you dare, slave of the Blood God. I can see so much now, Gorsha, and yet I'm struggling to find a future where you're still alive."

Fear TN 52: 66

Fear TN 52 IP Reroll: 76, welp!

Shock (+30): 121, modified down to 59. Cannot willingly approach the object of his fear, -10 to all tests for the rest of the encounter.

Okay, gonna try to obliterate Gorsha. Activating Celeritous Sense as a half-action, then Precognitive Strike and Full-Auto Burst.

Initiative: 19

Celeritous Sense (Unfettered) vs 82 (52 +25 FP +5 Hood +10 Focus -10 Fear): 36, sustaining 2 powers reduces both powers to PR 4, so that's +20 to all perception and evasion tests. And because that's +20 to all Perception tests, here comes the real bullshit.

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 80 (40 +25 PR +20 Celeritous Sense +10 Focus +5 Hood -10 Fear -10 Difficulty): 78

Full Auto Burst vs 65 (50 +10 Short Range +25 Precognitive Strike -10 Fear -10 Full Auto Burst):: 66

Full Auto Burst vs 65 IP Reroll: 48, 2 DoS +5 from Unnatural BS means 7 hits.

Heavy Bolter Damage, Pen 5: 21, 27 (ZH), 23, 23, 22, 21, and going off the hit chart that's Body, Body, Arm, Head, Arm, Body.

Heavy Bolter Damage, Pen 5 (one last hit): 20, but I'll replace that damage with the DoS on my attack roll for 24 damage to the Body.

Zealous Hatred: 1, The explosion flings the target backwards 1d5 metres. The target is knocked Prone.

Holy poo poo there are so many dice involved in an Octuv turn. Anyway, good luck Gorsha! Hope you have amazing dodge skills or infamy to burn!

pre:
IP: 4/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Force Field: 45 (1-5 Overload)

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (5), Darksight

Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,
Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Sustaining: Warptime and Celeritous Sense (PR 4)

Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+5]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+5)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Psy-Focus: +10 to FP tests.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 8, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv takes a step back and pivots on one heel with disturbing grace for his size, turning the momentum of his dodging into a spinning backstep. His robes hang grey and useless on his frame, but he is untouched. He's on the verge of uttering another insult and firing into the crowd again, confident that he can't miss at this range, when he feels a disturbance in the Warp. Everything stops for a moment. What starts as a few dots of fire hanging above the Champion and his daemons resolves itself into a sneering, fiery face somewhere between a bull and a dog. It looks down on the Noise Sorcerer with absolute contempt and roars in a voice that tears into Octuv's soul like a chainaxe.

[YOU SNIVELING, VILE COWARD, LET'S SEE YOU FACE MY CHAMPION WITHOUT YOUR TRICKERY]

The face vanishes, time resumes its flow, and Octuv screams in agony as the Warp energy he is channeling forcibly tears itself out of his body. He reflexively fires the bolter, but his blind fire only sends shells exploding uselessly against the walls or floor. He sinks to one knee, reaches up, and pries off his helmet clumsily with his one hand. Tattoos, piercings, and more disturbing modifications made specifically to torture the wearer almost completely obscure the once-regal features passed down by Fulgrim. He gives Gorsha a smile with a mouthful of teeth filed to points.

"I know when I'm beaten, Gorsha. The God of Battles clearly favors you. I ask you to spare my life. Would you like me to grovel for a while, or can we just get on with this? The crew knows that I'm a member of the ship's primary warband. It will be much easier for you to get to the bridge and take it if you have me with you."

Did Gorsha test against Fear (3) from my Pain Vents, or is this jackass also immune to Fear effects?

Disengaging to 2 meters away from the Bloodletters, attempting to pass an Acrobatics test to do it as a Half-Action, spending an IP to add +10.

Disengage Acrobatics vs 40 (-10 Fear +10 IP): 93

Disengage Acrobatics vs 40 Reroll: 40, it's nice to have my IP expenditures vindicated.

Precognitive Strike and Full-Auto Burst at Gorsha, but (assuming I hit) I'm only allocating one hit to him.

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 80 (40 +25 PR +20 Celeritous Sense +10 Focus +5 Hood -10 Fear -10 Difficulty): 11, Psychic Phenomena!

Psychic Phenomena: 68 67, +10 from sustaining two powers means that's double Perils so I have no choice but to experience...

Perils of the Warp: 24, "Soul Sear: Warp power courses through the psyker’s body, scorching his soul. The psyker cannot use any powers for the
next hour and gains 2d5 Corruption Points." Welp!

Corruption: 7

Full-Auto Burst vs 60 (50 +30 Point-Blank -10 Full Auto -10 Fear): 69

Full Auto Burst vs 60 Reroll: 77

Alright, the dice have utterly screwed me over so far, so I'm not going to roll anything yet, but I'll make Charm/Deceive tests if you want me to. Mostly I'm interested in short-term survival, but if I can get him to drop his guard and Vincent gets away I'm absolutely going to whip out the Shrieking Soul and nuke his rear end.

Edit: Just realized that Vincent would actually be completely immune to the Shrieking Soul attack because of his Collar of Khorne, so running is not necessary!

pre:
IP: 1/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

WS:      30
BS:      50
Ag:      40 

Traits:

Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+5]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+5)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 19, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv tenses up and strains against the dogpile of daemons, about to dislocate a few limbs so he could slither out from under them. One of the Bloodletters immediately presses its Hellblade to his neck and snarls something in Daemonic. Flesh sizzling under the blade's touch, Octuv realizes he's not getting out from under them and relaxes again. At least, he relaxes as much as it's possible to when you're pinned under daemons that desperately want to murder you.

Acrobatics (Contortionist) vs 40: 95

Acrobatics (Contortionist) vs 40 Reroll: 45

Nope, still grappled, oh well.

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 0 Head, 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades. Helmet currently removed.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv glances around to make sure no more surprises are charging towards them, then bends down and grabs his bolt revolver. Time to give this thing a trial run. Thumbing back the hammer, he steadies his breathing and lets his sights fall on Gorsha, waiting for the perfect moment to fire, ready to react if his target suddenly shifts again.

"Come on," he mutters to himself as his target dances back and forth in melee, "Hold still for a second, you bastard. Vincent's a coward for backstabbing you? Were you not backstabbing us? Is that displacer field not cowardly? Just got out of the drat infirmary and now I need to go back to fix my beautiful instrument of death. If we take you alive, I'm shoving that drat shield somewhere that will make even Slaanesh wince."

Grabbing the Revolver and Half Action Aiming at Gorsha. Or if I can spread a Full Action Aim into next round, I'll do that.

pre:

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Ramoran Bolt Revolver         45m    S/-/-      1d10+10[+3]X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+3]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+3]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+3)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades. Helmet currently removed.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jun 3, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Back and forth, back and forth, wait for it...

Got it. Gorsha's momentum drags him just a few steps too far to the right, and his leg sticks clearly out of the melee. Octuv snaps off a shot the second the opportunity presents itself and immediately braces himself for everything to go wrong again. If that displacer field triggered, he knew the Khornate would be coming for him.

Aim and Standard Attack on Gorsha. Target Selection lets me ignore the penalty for shooting into melee.

Standard Attack vs 100 (50 +20 Aim +10 Short Range +10 Accurate +10 Standard Attack): 84, 2 DoS

Damage, Pen 6 (if it actually hits): 2d10+13 20 22 with Proven (3). If this connects, he has to make a -20 Toughness test or be stunned for DoF rounds. He's also knocked Prone if the damage exceeds his SB.

Also if he neither dies nor kills me this round, I'm just loving taking out the Shrieking Soul and ending this. Vincent's immune and Edgar's out of range.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Ramoran Bolt Revolver         45m    S/-/-      1d10+10[+3]X          6         5/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+3]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+3)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"That's right, piss off to the Warp," Octuv mutters as he puts away his revolver and begins the tedious process of picking up and sheathing his scattered weapons with one hand. He could feel the thorny internals of his heavy bolter grinding in distress at the state it was in; if Gorsha ever showed up again, he was going to end him once and for all for this humiliation. And he was going to do it as slowly as possible.

Cursed Metal vs 40: 67

---------------------------------------------------

The alien device had been beyond his comprehension, but smashing it had worked well enough. Seems the Khornate way of engaging the world had some value after all. The vox report had been vague about what exactly the "difficulty" was, but he was guessing it was more than a few Bloodletters. Stalking down the side passage with his Inferno Pistol at the ready, he emerges into a roomful of absolute carnage. Nothing he hadn't already seen, but he was still feeling a little rattled after that last brush with death, and being temporarily powerless wasn't fun. He eyes the Forgefiend and chuckles to himself. Not what he'd refer to as a mere "difficulty."

But you know what would cheer him up? Killing a daemon engine. Striding forward, he raises his weapon and sends a blast of searing heat downrange into the monster's flank, not caring that he was outside the intended range of a melta. Even glancing hits from this kind of weapon could reduce parts of a vehicle into slag. Of course, the weapon was now making a rising whine as its undersized replacement power supply struggled to cope with the demand being placed on it, but he wasn't planning on firing it twice in a row anyway. Either you killed what you were aiming at or you'd just hurt it badly and caught its attention in the process. If you shot something with a melta and it wasn't dead afterwards, you needed to run.

Fear TN 42: 74

Fear TN 42 Reroll (Standard): 42

I just realized that I spent an IP last time, having forgotten that my Standard lets me reroll failed WP tests. Oh well!

Half-Action Move towards the Daemon Engine and Standard Attack with my Inferno Pistol.

Standard Attack vs 80 (50 +30 Size +10 Standard Attack -10 Long Range): 61

Damage, Pen 12: 24, which I think will end up being 8 after armor and TB.

pre:
Wounds: 13/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 5/10/15/30

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Ramoran Bolt Revolver         45m    S/-/-      1d10+10[+3]X          6         5/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+3]E         12         2/3       Full      Melta, Recharge

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades/

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Well, at least that one didn't explode. Already enough damage to the ship."

Octuv spends most of the debriefing from the tech-priest engaged in the laborious process of reloading a revolver and melta with one hand while watching the display out of the corner of his eye. Disturbing creatures; if he'd just been thrown directly into a fight with them, he wasn't sure he could trust himself not to do something stupid. After the daemon engines, they didn't seem so bad. When the heretek finally finishes yammering on, Octuv motions to the screens with his inferno pistol.

"Probably best to hit the ones who are the opposite of your specialty. You don't want to trade blows with a Mutilator, and you certainly don't want to trade fire with an Obliterator. They've got the kind of deafening barrage that I sought to emulate with my own weaponry. Not that it's been WORKING OUT FOR ME LATELY."

He glares down at his mutilated arm in an accusatory manner.

"I'll take up cover near the Mutilator and hit it with the melta. Ideally we can bury them both under combined assaults before they turn one of us into a red stain."

Initiative: 13 7

So then I roll the rest of my turn and then I remember, wait, Mario and Luigi here have Fear Ratings because everything gets a goddamn Fear Rating, we're on Oprah and there's a loving Fear Rating under your chair, and then:

Fear, TN 52: 53
Fear, TN 52 Reroll (Standard): 75
Shock +30: 112, which is another faint. I came very, very close to modifying that past 170 and quitting in a huff, but I'm going to restrain the urge to flip the table and just go with being unable to approach the object of my fear.

but then Werix said we could ignore their fear since we just fought Fear (3) enemies, so it's all good.

Starting at Door B, Half Action Move up-left to take cover behind the orange wall, then Standard Attack on the Mutilator with the Inferno Pistol.

Standard Attack vs 50 (50 +10 Standard Attack +10 Size -10 Long Range ): 47

Damage, Pen 12: 21

pre:
Wounds: 13/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 5/10/15/30

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Ramoran Bolt Revolver         45m    S/-/-      1d10+10[+3]X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+3]E         12         2/3       Full      Melta, Recharge

Wargear:

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 7, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv crosses his arms and begins slowly drumming his remaining hand's fingers slowly back and forth with a clack-clack-clack of ceramite-on-ceramite.

"We have to assume there will be something of value here. We'd be fools to pass up a chance at information when we have the means to get it. I say we deploy a figurehead, lie our way past the fools who run this place, and obtain this data at our leisure."

I think it's been made abundantly clear that A: I need to reduce the degree to which Fear can clobber me, and B: I need to get better stats in general, so I'm spending that XP on two WP advances and one Agi advance, and spending the banked 100 on Glimpse (why I didn't do that to begin with is beyond me). I'm assuming I had more than enough time to get my gun-hand repaired and to do the hour of meditation necessary to fix my Shimmering Robes.

I think we should pop one of the spare figureheads and Deceive our way in. I know Boli can get up to 75 (unless he goes for more Deceive with that XP).

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv collars the nearest presentable-looking crewman and smiles. "Good news! You've just been promoted. You see, I can't exactly go ashore." He motions to his mutilated and modded facial features with his gun hand.

"Even if I was crazy enough to think I could pass as an especially tall, muscular, and beautiful ganger, there's the matter of my Masterpiece here. Can't just throw a cloak over this, eh? So, you're going ashore for me. Relax, I just need a bit of shopping done. Go order some high-quality cranial armor and have it sent aboard, then find some shifty-looking types and ask them if they know where you can find some Blue. Oh, and find Boli, let him know that if more conventional lines of investigation fail, I know a way for the denizens of the Warp to lend us a hand. We would just need his research talents to find a daemon that knows what we need."

Octuv releases the man and heads back to his quarters to meditate. Normally he preferred to "meditate" by going down to the firing range or sparring cage, but he felt it would probably be a good idea to stay out of sight so long as they were docked in Imperial space. You never knew when some pushy bureaucrat or Ecclesiarch was going to decide to spring a surprise inspection, and getting rid of one of them quietly would be more trouble than it was worth.

GC Cranial Armor vs 75 (65 Base +0 Scarce -10 GC +10 Single +10 Excessive Wealth): 71

Blue Fire (4 Doses) vs 45 (65 Base -30 Extremely Rare +0 Minor +10 Excessive Wealth): 2

The book mentions nobles and hive gangers using Blue Fire, so I assume I can find it in Imperial space. If not, well, I'm sure we can work out something else nice for me to get with that 2.

There's really no way for me to blend in, so I'm going to take a different route of gathering information. Specifically, I was thinking about trying the Rite of Many Eyes (ToB pg. 62). To summarize: we either go through a whole Investigation test rigmarole, or the GM just abstracts it as a -20 SL (Occult) test. Ideally that'd be Boli with an assist from myself. Failing that just means you can't find information on a daemon who would know the info you're looking for. Success means you then make a -20 FL (Daemonology) Summoning test in an area with relatively high Warp activity (e.g. a place where many ships enter and leave the Warp). That'd either be Boli with my help again, or me with Boli's help if the daemon is Slaanesh-aligned. Ask the question, get your answer in return for doing a favor for the daemon. I'm sure a daemon will be completely reasonable and won't have any ulterior motives whatsoever.

Of course, it'd probably only be worth bothering if we can't find any useful information on Port Wander, but on the other hand we might be able to skip a few steps of following his trail.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv sneers in disgust at the news of Ecclesiarchy in-system. Of course they would be here, and in numbers too great to slaughter completely. They were always so smug about their presence too, blasting hymns on open channels. Not that Octuv didn't appreciate making noise, but he preferred his rackets to be of the unholy variety.

"I hate to say it, but we should take the lighter in. The Sovereign isn't worth risking just to get the element of surprise. Besides, the difficult part isn't going to be the first few engagements, it's going to be getting off-world we've kicked the nest. The Sororitas will fly into paroxysms of self-righteous bloodthirst once they realize Chaos forces are nearby and trying to take something from them. If our intended captive isn't down there or he's dead, well, at least we get to kill a few Corpse-worshipers, and if they're looking for something other than survivors down there, maybe we can break it or make it our own. Anything to spit in their eye."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv shakes his head and chuckles at the mention of stealth. If anyone was going to stealthily cross 300 meters of largely open ground, it certainly wasn't going to be the Space Marine wearing hot pink armor and shimmering rainbow robes that constantly fluttered, ribbonlike, in the unfelt currents of the Warp.

"The rest of you are welcome to try sneaking up on them, but I suspect I'd be more hindrance than help. I can take cover and provide fire support from here; the shots won't be too difficult, and I picked up a little chemical help back in Port Wander. Once you get close, I'll put a massive salvo right into their unprotected rear. In my 10,000 years of depravity, I've found that tends to get people's attention. But before we slaughter them, let me just see if they're discussing anything interesting..."

Octuv extends his consciousness into the Warp and reaches out into the world of sensation. Lingering for but a moment to savor the exquisite thumpthumpthump of massed bolter fire echoing in all directions off the rubble, he pushes past the chaos of battle, listening carefully for radio chatter and conversation. What were they looking for, what had they encountered?

Celeritous Sense TN 102 (62 +0 Difficulty +25 Unfettered +10 Psychic Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 89

"His perceptions detect stimuli either too insignificant to normally be noticed (i.e. whispered words from hundreds of metres away or individual blades on a rapidly spinning propeller) or emitted amidst a chaos of other stimuli (such as immediately picking out a specific location on a complex map, spotting a specific individual amidst a crowd of thousands, or clearly listening to a conversation in the midst of a great battle). The bounds of this last effect are subject to the GM’s judgement and creative applications."

I uh, don't have Stealth trained. It's totally on the list, though! It'd be almost impossible for me even if it was just untrained, let alone with the Size penalty and the logical penalties for being dressed like a homicidal circus. I'll basically provide Overwatch from the back until everybody else is almost in position, then pop some Blue Flame, Warptime, and then it'll be time to dump a bunch of damage dice into an Immolator and/or the Sisters.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Oh yes, I can hit them from here. Might have to compensate just a bit for gravity and wind, but that shouldn't be much of a difficulty. Especially with the little pick-me-up I obtained back in Port Wander..."

Octuv slides a split vial of Blue Flame and water between his teeth. One bite to bring the two contents into contact, a quick inhale, and his soul would blaze with power. Not how it was meant to be savored, but there just wasn't time on the battlefield. His mouth would also be full of broken glass, but that was just a side benefit.

He settles in, heavy bolter ready and aimed. These fools weren't going to know what hit them.

Just preparing a dose of Blue Flame for use in the first combat round and casting Warptime. I'll shoot the Sisters from where we're standing once combat starts.

Warptime (Unfettered) vs 92 (62 -10 Difficulty +25 Unfettered +10 Psychic Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 69, yessss, a clear sign that Slaanesh smiles upon me!

Now sustaining Celeritous Sense and Warptime at PR 4.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

As soon as the stablight fixes on Boli, Octuv bites down on the Blue Fire and inhales. Everything becomes... incredible. The pain is utterly drowned out by alien sensations as his soul blazes with unholy power. He knew he was attracting the attention of even more psychic predators and daemons than usual, but what did it matter? The Warp was utterly at his beck and call. Let the Empyrean's hungry creatures watch in envy as he put on his most glorious show yet. For a brief moment, he tastes godhood, and it is sweet.

"YOU HAVE BIGGER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN THE OLD MAN, CORPSE-WORSHIPPERS! SLAANESH HAS COME FOR YOU! NOW LET'S MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOIIIIISE!"

He levels his heavy bolter at one of the Immolators and fires. The concussive shriek of his bolter kicks up dust all around him before the first bolt even leaves the barrel. The sensations are overwhelming: he can see every shockwave of sound, count the bolter shells in flight, taste the residue of ten thousand years of combat drugs in the blood filling his mouth; all of this and more, not just in this reality but in hundreds of alternate futures as he tears through the skeins of fate and forces time to conform to his will. Somewhere under everything else, his overtuned senses pick up a tiny, insignificant stench as every plant within several meters degenerates into a bubbling slime. Apparently he'd caught Nurgle's attention too. Perhaps Tzeentch had plans for one of the Sisters currently finding themselves on the wrong end of his gun. So much for those plans.

He's so transfixed by the experience that he loses control of the recoil and a few of his bolts fly wide; the vague annoyance of imperfection drags him back towards full consciousness. Forcing himself to focus, he starts slowly walking forward, switching his target to the other Immolator and firing another massive salvo.

What a lovely day to conduct a symphony!

--------------

I've incorporated all my current bonuses into my block's Precog. Dodge entry; it tops out at 90 both because +60 is the maximum total bonus and because a 91+ on a psychic power is always a failure.

Taking my prepared dose of Blue Fire, then Precognitive Strike and Full Auto on an Immolator.

First round:

Blue Fire Rounds, WP TN 52:8 rounds of effectiveness and an 80 on WP, so that's +1 CP.

Precog. Strike (Unfettered) vs 90 (40 -10 Difficulty +20 Celeritous Sense+25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 9

Full Auto TN 110 (50 -10 Long Range -10 Full Auto +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7 +30 Surprise): 82, 3 DoS +2 Unnatural bonus, and I'll spend an IP to get +1 DoS for a total of 6. I know the actual math on that is 5 short, but I hit the max bonus.

Vehicle Hit Locations: 26 95 73 17 8, with the first roll the hits are Hull, Hull, Turret, Weapon, Motive, Motive. In classic FFG fashion, I just noticed they've got a hidden rule in a wall of text: hits to the turret are always hits to the Front armor regardless of facing, so the third hit is against 28 armor instead of 26.

Damage, Pen 5: 26 24 25 25 27 24, after pen that's 23 damage (5+3+2+4+6+3) and with Celeritous Sense that's ZH on the 1st and 5th hit.

ZH (Hull, Motive): 3 3, "A jarring blow tosses the vehicle around, throwing things about the interior. Any crewmember who is not strapped in or otherwise secured must make an Ordinary (+10) Toughness test or be Stunned for 1d5 rounds. Anyone aboard the vehicle suffers a –10 penalty to ranged attacks until the end of the next round" and "One of the vehicle’s tracks, legs, or axles has taken a major hit, and now one side of the vehicle’s drive mechanism is responding more slowly than the other. The vehicle gains the Motive Systems Impaired damage condition (see page 261)."

If the Sisters are vulnerable to fear, they have to test against Fear (3) for my Pain Vents.

Second Round:

Half-Action Move forward to remove the range penalty, then Precog Strike and Full Auto on the other Immolator. We always win initiative, so I assume I'm still shooting side armor at this point.

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90: 95

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90 Reroll: 66, oh boy here we go again

Psychic Phenomena +10: 79 40, Unnatural Decay, all plants within 3d10 meters wilt and die, I'm not rolling that because there are already too many dice and also because who cares about the lawn

Full Auto TN 95 (50 -10 Full Auto +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 25, 10 DoS with Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 46 1 25 13 63 22 35, Hull, Hull, Motive, Hull, Motive, Weapon, Hull, Hull.

Damage, Pen 5: 20 25 23 27 27 26 21 27, replacing the first roll's 3 with my 10 DoS that's 35 damage (6+4+2+6+6+5+0+6) ZH on the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th hits.

ZH (Hull, Motive, Weapon, Hull): 5 1 1 5, 4th and 8th hits cause "Reduce the Armour points of the facing struck by the attack by 1d10 until the vehicle is repaired." 5th causes "A savage blow to the vehicle’s drive mechanism or legs forces the operator to fight to maintain control. He suffers 1 level of Fatigue and must make a Challenging (+0) Operate test; if he fails, use the Scatter Diagram (see page 230) to determine the vehicle’s new facing." 6th causes "A strong concussive hit leaves the gun intact, but knocks the gunner away from his station. The gunner is Stunned for 1 round."

diiiiice

pre:
IP: 5/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Precog. Dodge (Fettered/Unfettered/Push): 85/90/90

Ag:   (8)45 
WP:      62

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (4)

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Sustaining: Warptime, Celeritous Sense (Both PR 4)

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+15X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+17X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+15E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+11R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

*SB, Mighty Shot, and Force damage already incorporated

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 6 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 16, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv whirls back out of cover and unleashes another pounding salvo on the less damaged Immolator, screaming in euphoria as he once again teeters on the edge of total sensory overload.

"GIVE IT TO ME, YOU WORTHLESS COWARDS! GIVE ME THE PAIN I CRAVE BEFORE I FINISH YOU! I AM THE BLASPHEMY THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN, SO MAKE YOUR CORPSE GOD PROUD AND SHOOT ME!"

--------------

Precog Strike, Aim and Full Auto at the less damaged of the two Immolators.

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90 (40 -10 Difficulty +20 Celeritous Sense+25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 16

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 1d100 33, 9 DoS with Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 33 76 67 27 15 8 60 83, Hull, Weapon, Weapon, Hull, Motive, Motive, Hull, Turret

Damage, Pen 5: 8#2d10k1+17-23 3 4 0 1 2 4 1 3, total 15, first roll already replaced with DoS (originally 0 damage), ZH on the 2nd, 6th and 8th hits. Shots 4-8 will inflict Critical Damage, after Reinforced Armor halves them they'll respectively cause Crit 1 to Hull, 2 and 4 to Motive, 5 to Hull, 7 to Turret.

ZH (Weapon, Motive, Turret): 4 1 2

pre:

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (4)

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+15X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+17X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+15E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+11R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 5 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

An orbital bombardment, for him? What a humbling gesture of approval, to treat this small warband's efforts like the arrival of a Titan or an entire Legion! It would make a spectacular finale, even if it killed them all.

Of course, it wouldn't be any fun if he killed them all before they could convince the ship to fire. So he turns and pours a salvo into the one that isn't quite completely crippled yet, still half-expecting it to vanish into a fireball, his voice growing hoarse from the sustained screaming.

"DO IT, DO IT DO IT, BRING DOWN THE CORPSE'S WRATH ON ME! AND WHEN I STRIDE FROM THE ASH CLOUD LAUGHING, YOUR FAITH AND BODIES ALIKE WILL BREAK!""

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90: 49

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 28, 10 DoS after Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 10 7 10 60 97 77 79, Turret, Motive, Motive, Motive, Hull, Turret, Weapon, Weapon.

Damage, Pen 5: 8#2d10k1+17-23 2 4 4 0 0 0 3 1, DoS subbed for the third hit, total 14 damage, with ZH on hits 2 and 7.

ZH (Motive, Weapon): 2 4, cannot move farther than a Full Move next round, Weapon/Turret Locked (or Weapon Disabled if the weapon is Fixed.) Of course, I think I just pushed it to Crit 10+, so I have my doubts those are relevant conditions.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 5 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 2, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Oh, a new friend, how delightful. Would the surprises never cease?

"WELCOME TO THE WINNING SIDE, COG-MAN!"

He'd been lugging around a suit of "liberated" Black Legion armor for ages, intending to find a heretek to transfer its sub-systems over to his own suit, but never quite having the time. A good reason to keep this one alive. And that Immolator explosion! Beautiful, just beautiful. Now for the other one.

"FIFTH VERSE, HAHA: SAME AS THE FIRST!"

----------

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90: 27

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 69, 6 DoS after Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 63 84 93 99 53, Turret, Weapon, Turret, Turret, Turret, Hull

Damage, Pen 5: 6#2d10k1+17-23 0 0 3 0 4 4, total 11, ZH on 3, 5, 6.

ZH (Turret, Turret, Hull): 3#1d5 2 3 2, Turret Weapon Jammed, -10 to Ranged Attacks from the Turret for 1d5 rounds, and an internal gas leak inflicts -20 on all the crew's tests until one spends a Full Action to fix it, no test required. But again, I include this only just in case, I'm pretty sure that's Crit 10+.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 3 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv shakes his head sadly as he walks among (and across) the dead Sisters, ceramite crunching under his heels. This was such a heartbreaking tragedy. It seemed that the petty realities of survival and success were denying him the chance to see an orbital strike in person. Alas, the universe simply was not fair.

Casting off his enhanced reflexes to fully focus on his sensory powers, he sorts through thousands of strands of fate, searching for scenarios least likely to end in a blinding shockwave. There, that one. His mutated vocal cords, blessed by Slaanesh, briefly twist themselves into a new configuration. The resulting voice is a passable imitation of a Sister of Battle, albeit a very loud one. But between the scratchy nature of vox communication and the rather enthusiastic nature of most Sisters, he doubted it would be noticed.

"Praise be to the God-Emperor! Their fire support has been slain by a truly miraculous shot, and the cowards flee before us! Requesting permission to follow; we must not allow a single heretic to escape our holy wrath!"

Not bothering to shift his voice back yet, he gives the new arrival a nod of approval while he awaits a response.

"I think I like this one."

Cursed Metal vs 40: 96

Gonna stop sustaining Warptime so that Celeritous Sense bumps up to the full 5 PR (and to minimize the risk of nuking myself).

Glimpse (Unfettered) vs <91 (40 Base +25 Celeritous Sense +25 PR +bonuses that don't matter because DoS isn't important): 76

Deceive vs 85 (50 Base +25 Glimpse +10 Corvax): 11, which is 9 DoS after the Unnatural Fellowship bonus. They're probably not going to beat that on the Opposed test, so unless they roll well on seeing through the Mimic, I think we're good.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Acknowledged. Moving out! The Emperor Protects!" Octuv snaps off the vox and chuckles. "And you fools best hope so, because no one else could hope to save you."

The intoxicating power of Blue Fire slowly fades from his body during the ride. The immediate temptation was to take another dose, but he resists; the only thing worse than being sober was building up a tolerance. Once they've entered the ship, he takes a moment to scan the Warp for anything anomalous, just on the off-chance. He lets his voice slip back into its natural tones. Much more lovely than some slave of the Imperial Corpse, although he'd have to remember that voice for taunting the Sisters later.

"What could have drawn them here? I am looking for local Warp signatures, but if I find nothing of interest, I say we follow their trail, track them down, and ask them. By tearing the knowledge forcibly from the survivors' petty little minds, preferably.

Blue Fire Addiction +15 vs 77: 60

Glimpse (Fettered) vs 90 (40 Base +15 PR +25 Celeritous Sense +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 41

Psyniscience vs 80 (40 Base +25 Celeritous Sense +15 Glimpse): 59, 3 DoS, which the Psyniscience table says is "Rough location of the Warp creatures or beings affecting the Immaterium," so if there is anything, I vaguely know where it is.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 16, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv pauses for a second, shocked. He hadn't expected to find anything, let alone a small army of daemons. But there was no mistaking their presence.

"Oh. Oh my. The taint of the Warp lies upon this vessel, and there are daemons aboard, between us and the bridge. I cannot sense their allegiance clearly, so it must be more than one type. I also see a very powerful servant of the Changer of Ways on the bridge. And even more curiously, the Sisters are deliberately bypassing the daemons. Whatever is here is enough to temper their zeal, which means it must be valuable indeed. I suppose we could let the Sisters reach the bridge ahead of us, but then we risk them succeeding at their mission. Regardless, if we find our heir intact, I suspect he may already have joined our side. No mere man of faith could survive long on this daemon-haunted wreck. Either he would break, or his faith would."

Octuv turns and waves his gun at the hole the Sisters burned in the wall.

"Cowering here while they have all the fun would be boring. I still say we should hunt down the Sisters and finish them. I have had my fair share of daemons after our little Gellar Field failure.""

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"I suppose it's possible that they've simply blundered past the daemons. Perhaps I was giving them too much credit. But the Warp is distorted here, and the most likely cause is the presence on the bridge. I suspect--but cannot prove--manipulation of fate. How likely is it that they should, by accident, find and choose the one path that completely avoids the presence and attention of daemons? And am I to believe that it's a coincidence that the localized Warp distortion is just strong enough to accelerate signal decay and jam long-range signals, without being otherwise palpable to the ungifted? Pfah, I think not. There are no coincidences when dealing with Tzeentch. Everyone aboard is dancing to someone else's tune, and our conductor awaits on the bridge."

He shrugs and chuckles.

"If you want to let them kill each other, then I cannot stop you. I can hardly take them all on alone. I just prefer the certainty of doing a job myself. And, truthfully, I just like to slaughter Ecclesiarchs. Their moralizing and faith disgust me in equal measure."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv chuckles quietly as the daemon of Khorne charges angrily into the sights of heavy guns and gets torn apart. That was always fun to watch; nothing better than a Berserker charging in a straight line through your killzone. He casually assumes a firing position, tracking one of the ceiling turrets with his gun, and glances to the others.

"I'm a bit outgunned here, tragically. I very much doubt we can put them all down in a straight gunfight before they return fire. But I do believe I have a plan. One of us with technical inclinations can simply sneak over to the control panel. Easier said than done? On the contrary. You see, the powers of the Warp can be gifted. Give me just a few moments to apply the proper symbols to your armor, and I can give you a brief glimpse of the future and reflexes like you've never known. I think Dash may be the better suited to such stealthy maneuvers, but if someone else wants to risk their neck to their own sub-par sneaking, by all means. I'll be happy to watch from over here, outside the blast radius."

C'mon, let's bring more psyker-related suffering into Werix's life with the Arcane Symbols rules!

"The normal duration of the Focus Power Test does not apply—it instead takes six rounds to manifest the power, at the end of which the Focus Power Test is made, with an additional –10 penalty. If this is successful, the power takes effect, though all the power’s normal effects are applied to the ally rather than the sorcerer. The recipient must spend the actions to sustain the power’s effect, though all other effects of sustaining a power affect the sorcerer."

I apply Warptime and Glimpse to someone (someone with tech-use and stealth trained, preferably), and then they'll be making a Stealth test with a +25 and Unnatural Agility (4).

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 13, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv smiles wide and pries off his helmet. As ever, he looks like the results of a tragic explosion in a facial piercing factory.

"That's the spirit! Now hold still. This won't hurt a bit."

He jams a finger into his mouth, reopening the cuts he inflicted earlier with his unconventional drug-ingesting method. Perhaps not the most sanitary method, but blood and pain were the most readily available medium for this sort of thing. He spends several minutes dabbing an elaborate series of runes across the Magos's armor, most of which aren't just horrifying Slaaneshi jokes written in Daemonspeak. When he finishes, he spends a few more minutes in concentration, sweat and frost beading on his brow as static crackles across his armor. Sending the Warp to another was a slow process. Seconds before he finishes, his eyes snap open.

"In a matter of seconds, you will be seeing the future through my eyes. You must chase it, and force yourself into the paths where the turrets are blind to your presence. I will try to steer you towards the ones where you don't explode, but this is ultimately up to you. Best of luck. Try not to vomit."

And then Magos Rho gets a mental ride on the Warp side.

Warptime (Unfettered, Symbols) vs 82 (62 -10 Difficulty -10 Profane Symbols +25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 65, Viva is now benefiting from Warptime PR 4 (reduced by 1 from 5 because I'm also sustaining Celeritous Sense), so that's Unnatural WS, BS, and Agi (4).

Glimpse (Unfettered, Symbols) vs 90 (40 -10 Profane Symbols+25 PR +20 Celeritous Sense +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 39, there you go, +25 to your Stealth test. I believe you can borrow Jolinaxas's character's Cameoleoline Cloak for an additional bonus.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Bravo, Rebel, bravo! Had I the hands to clap or bare fingers to snap, be assured that I would. An artistic performance if ever I've seen one."

Re-securing his helmet, Octuv proceeds into the engine room, scanning for threats. None are forthcoming. He prods a dead servitor with his foot, looking around the vast chamber for something a little more exciting to look at.

"My, this is quite the mess. It seems the machines are only sacred until it ceases to be convenient, hmm? A sentiment I can understand. Nothing is sacred, but if everyone believed that, there would be no one to shock and appall. And oh, how very tragic that would be."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"And risk them obtaining whatever they seek on the bridge? No, no, none of that. Besides, I'm sure daemons have moved in behind them. We'll never catch up to them in time. Just turn off the weapons. I want to kill them all personally."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Well, the heir was dead, not that he found that particularly surprising. But if the daemon said it could stop this trip from being a waste (apart from the basic pleasure of killing Ecclesiarchy), who were they to refuse? On one hand, you couldn't trust a Tzeentchi any farther than you could throw them. On the other hand, if it betrayed them, he could at least have the pleasure of killing it too. Win-win, really.

Octuv assumes a central position in cover, ready to tear the Sisters apart with heavy fire as soon as they enter.

"Mmm, here comes my adoring public, asking for another performance. I can hardly turn them down when they ask so nicely, can I?"

Warptime vs 92 (Unfettered): 99, nope, rerolling that with the Rapturous Standard

Warptime vs 92 (Unfettered) Reroll: 31

Initiative: 18

If there's time to Overwatch, I will, but I doubt there is after a Half-Action power and setting up in cover to boot.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"What, no screaming? Let's change that!"

Octuv sweeps his heavy bolter across the Sororitas "lucky" enough to be the first ones through the door, filling the air with an unearthly shriek and the steady hammer of bolt rounds.

Precognitive Strike, Aim and Full-Auto at the horde.

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90 (40 -10 Difficulty +25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood +20 Celeritous Sense): 23

Full Auto vs 110 (50 +40 Immense +10 Aim +25 Precog Strike): 81, after Unnatural BS that's 4 DoS.

Damage Pen 5: 4#2d10k1+17 25 18 21 26 24, subbing the 4 DoS for that double 1. Assuming all of those are enough to exceed their cover+armor+tb, that's a total of 5 Magnitude damage after the Explosive weapon bonus is applied.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear: