Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
No matter how you cook it, it still tastes like warm sargassum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Why isn't it June yet?!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

hughesta posted:

Man, I'm so excited for this. The Venture Brothers is my favorite show of all time, and it gets better every season. I just hope we see more of General Treister :ohdear:

Bad news: the cansker.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

So I was at a bar last night and all of the cocktail specials were Venture themed. The Red Moco Cooler (khalua, chocolate syrup, grenadine, something else) was appropriately gross. The owner was psyched I got the joke and told me they're doing a premiere party.

That sounds like a great bar!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Davincie posted:

Wait they did not happen? But what about all the other kids from his cartoons who he end up forgetting about and then were found in the warehouse near that machine.

I used to be pretty, yeah. But not no more.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like "Ghosts of the Sargasso" and "Tag Sale, You're It!" as introductory episodes. They both introduce the characters and world well and don't have a lot of continuity to them.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

RandallODim posted:

I forgot about him, but rewatching Season Four has reminded me of the majestic friend that is Robo-Bo.

Why does it walk like it needs to take a dump?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Antipop posted:

Sorry! The new episode was good. It's going to be difficult to top some of last season's episodes. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Titmouse's animation kept the venture bros style intact. They gave everybody this cool print:

Aaa, that is so cool. That would look great framed on a wall.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Antipop posted:

You could try contacting these people: http://www.famousfacesandfunnies.com/ I believed they organized the showing here and there were plenty of leftover prints at the end. The worst they can do is say no.

Done and done! Thanks for the suggestion.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Manwithastick posted:

What annoys me is we have had all these screeners now and not one spoiler has leaked :(

I cant take the wait

Doc Hammer and Jackson Public really, really don't want spoilers leaking.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

There's a part of me that suspects we won't see much of Gary this season- while season 3 was largely about The Monarch and Dr Mrs. The Monarch getting their poo poo together and working as equals, season 4's big plots were 21 overcoming the useless rut he'd lived in and becoming the person he had the potential to be and Hank and Dean finally growing up and starting to move on. Obviously we're going to see more Hank and Dean, but I wouldn't be surprised to see less of T. Viceroy this season.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The only spoily thing in the episode, which I think people already discuss openly, is that Dean talks to JK Simmons and learns that he's a clone, but doesn't share that with Hank, and that's more of a character development plot point than an actual spoiler. If you're itching for some Venture Brothers, the Halloween episode tides over nicely.

Also be sure to watch the Story of Shallow Gravy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

Hector is a former pro boxer, so he is just punch drunk. Which is the polite boxing term for having brain damage.

No, no, that's Swifty. Hector is the Mexican kid who accompanied Rusty for years and who Rusty completely forgot about.

e: Bondii! :argh:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Impaler posted:

Season opener was great: laughed, bought tshirt club subscription, voting for 'EAT THE PENNIES'.

QUIZBOY EAT THE PENNIES for the SA Smashmouth reference, I'd think.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I loved Dean burning his poo poo as much as I loved him hesitating with Mr Reachy.

Also I for some reason thought it was Mr Ricci, but it's a loving giraffe, Reachy. Duh.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

I think by this point HELPeR's beyond caring about anything but his eventual death.

And Maya Angelou.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Impaler posted:

Are there new people working on the animation? There are quite a lot of meaningless blank stares that are prevalent on 21 and Hatred throughout the episode.

That's hardly new- that scene in Tag Sale, You're It! where Baron Unterbheit takes off his mask?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

You know, it just occurred to me that we've got to be getting pretty close to Orpheus's deadline for The Action Man to die of a stroke. I wonder if that'll be the impetus for whatever Original Team Venture shenanigans we see this season.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

X_Toad posted:

Nah, you can see them before the project begins. The authors just made us believe for a little while that it came from the radiations, but it is in fact unrelated.

What other boring chick, and I thought Thalia was entertaining.

Kim was a friend of Trianna's who vanished after a couple of appearances in Season 2, and Doc and Jackson got sick of being asked about her so they had Trianna mention in the Season 4 finale that she was living in Florida and all preppy now.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

AS not doing the youtube thing are they?

Not as far as I can tell, and I've been F5ing every few minutes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Scott Bakula posted:

I've not had a chance to watch the episode yet, is it on youtube like the last episode?

Not yet, if it's coming.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

WendigoJohnson posted:

He's a better necromancer than Orpheus.

"That is the DEFINITION of Necromancer!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Are we talking about the green guy? He's a Guild member, I think. The Hammerhead guy, I dunno specifically.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I liked Brock being a dick to 21 in the season premiere- yeah, we think of him as an okay guy, but he's hardly a model of empathy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Hatred's been shown holding his own while struggling with Gary/21, so he's not entirely out of shape.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

He's also pretty competent with a rifle.

Shore Leave would beg to differ.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Ha Ha, you said it Jetsy! An you can read more about it in the Bible!

Killinger is a great side character, but I don't know who he could help next. Gary maybe?

Dean. Or Sergeant Hatred.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

JT Jag posted:

Do not avert your eyes from... the nozzle.

The nozzle is calibrating

The nozzle is calibrating.

The nozzle is almost calibrated.

I can't believe you nozzled me, you sick bastard!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Friends Are Evil posted:

Yes, fine! Give me a loving cigar!

The deathrock joke in The Better Man's the best one.

I never thought I'd see an Alien Sex Fiend joke on TV.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought sphinx sphinx! went after Monstroso because he was going beyond what the average guild villain does though I have no idea what that would since his other job than guild stuff is head of a large legitimate legal firm.

I believe Sphinx Sphinx! went after Monstroso in order to use him to negotiate with OSI.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

White refers to himself in "Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean" as a "computer technician". I've always assumed that he was at least reasonably competent (he certainly seems to know how the surveillance equipment at the Venture Compound works), he's just a lazy dick who mooches off Billy. I'm kind of hoping for an episode that addresses how Billy and White are doing- Billy with his medical degree, how/if that's changing his life, and how that's changing things between him and White.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So in Tag Sale, your It, the Monarch and Dr Girlfriend are talking about "Are those tiny pants or giant shorts?". A friend of mine who's been watching the series asked me "What are they talking about?". I figure that they are talking about those baggy, man capries that were popular about 15 years ago with dumb people.

Yeah, exactly. Those shorts were popular in the 90's, and that episode aired in 2004, hence the Monarch's "Who still wears those?"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

You should also pick up every other Thirlwell album you can find.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I have no idea what Spanakopita is but now I kinda wanna visit there.

It's a sort of egg pie made with filo dough. Incredibly delicious.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

RandallODim posted:

As if we needed any more confirmation it'll be one of the best episodes of the season?

I know somebody who loves all the other characters but hates Rusty. I don't get it myself.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Well we do know from the season trailer that plug faced guy is making an appearance, so this might be more likely than you think.

We just need an episode featuring the guy from Depeche Mode.

There is no way in hell Dave Gahan isn't in the Guild.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I was pretty sure it was a Slim Jim Fetus, as in Jim Thirlwell.

e: :argh: Entropic! :argh:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

evilwaldo posted:

It would be pretty funny if the Monarch and Rusty are half or step brothers and Rusty has been giving him a portion of his trust fund every month which the Monarch uses to troll Rusty.

Rusty never noticed it because he was too lazy to actually look where they money was going.

You'd think Killinger would've noticed.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

So does episode 1 happen on and off throughout the season? Are we slowly moving through that timeline? Or does only the Halloween episode happen offscreen during episode 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Absolutely. The entire episode is chock full of character interactions, and Brock naked and covered in blood is a highlight of the entire show.

Also when Brock slips under the stall and grabs 24, you can hear the splash.