Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I am irrationally excited about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Courtney

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hey why do you still have tits?

Holy poo poo this season.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I don't know what's better, new VB episodes or the return of reading way too into things or having really weird things to nitpick.

Things like this:

IUG posted:

So here's my theory from this episode.

• Trianna meets The Master, who tells her to leave the compound because Dean's got garbage genetics.
  • Dean, now probably over Trianna, starts looking at other girls, including the one in that colony.
  • This puts Dean into the contact with the other genetically altered people, and puts him where they get the curiflies (or whatever they were called).
  • The curiflies cure the genetic problems the students had, but also inject Dean I believe.

• Did this actually cure Dean of the problems he would have being cloned?
  • Did the master know this was going to happen (since he could tell Dean's future), and sent Trianna away so that Dean would be in the right place for the cure?

Or this. No Aziz you can not work because you have a distinctive voice.

door Door door posted:

At first I was a little annoyed at Aziz because he has a very distinctive voice and it was very jarring to hear it in Venture Bros, but that line made it totally worth it.

Or this which is peak :spergin:

Emerson Cod posted:

One of the best jokes of this episode was that the Monarch and 21 were both huge Game of Thrones fans and watched it all the time together.

The first episode of GoT didn't air until 5 months after Operation P.R.O.M., which this episode picks up right after.

:allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, a Gabrielle Giffords joke? Ballsy, VB. :stare:

That's a stretch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Addressing Congress with a zombie scar on her head? I thought it was, like, so on-the-nose as to be really inappropriate.

Pretty sure it was the UN.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Amedeus posted:

Any theories about Hatred?

I'm throwing my money down that he was actually a woman to begin with. That's why he's named Courtney. Probably a huge Quymn's bodyguard-esque lesbian type woman, but a woman, nonetheless. O.S.I. just screwed with his (her) brain and biological makeup, turning her into an angry man, and now it's wearing off.

That's a pretty dumb theory.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I know I'm not the only one who had incorporated "push" into their everyday speech.

Seeing people going from :confused: to :stonk: in about 2 seconds is amazing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

That episode would have been fine if they dialed Ginnie down about ten notches.

I enjoyed Ginnie only because she reminds me or a woman I know.

Also the wads of tissue falling out of the bra slays me every time.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 14, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

No thank you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

"Push a mess."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Arven posted:

The wording used definitely is meant to imply that they are brothers. "There I am playing with Doctor Venture" is supposed to initially make you think he means Dr Jonas Venture, but doesn't make sense and clearly means Rusty. He says his parents are in the background, but never actually mentions Jonas.

Now that said there is no way that is the case. I think it's pretty much impossible that the Monarch wouldn't know who Jonas Venture was, given that there is a huge rear end statue of him in front of the compound he attacks every day (among other things).

Clever way to get us theorycrafting though.

I foresee this gif getting a lot of use.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

GD_American posted:

It's a danger with kids too. The zinc can burn a whole through the stomach lining. Also, zinc poisoning is really really lovely (as I found out one day after cutting out a bunch of galvanized piping with a torch).

Because this "it must literally be making fun of this character" "no it must be making fun of this character" stuff is stupid. Then add the absolutely retarded levels of analysis on top of it, and I have to wonder if some of you even actually enjoy just watching this show.

They felt like making Jake the Snake a computer-illiterate Cobra henchman who fingerbanged the Baroness. They felt like making Storm Shadow a Cosby sweater-wearing dad. They're jokes.

But what if Jake the Snake is Rusty's (and the Monarch's :wink:) long-lost uncle?

Cloks posted:

I'm glad there's a non-sperg to tell me how to enjoy a show. That's really not :spergin: at all.

People are going to enjoy this however they want and insisting that we don't dissect every joke and reference is just going to end poorly.

I agree page after page of people posting inane pet theories is amusing.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 18, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Red posted:

It was a fantastic episode. It had claymation St. Cloud and Dr. Venture, with Pete White dressed as a flying nun, and bursting into flames. We saw Brock's illegitimate kids, and got a scientology joke.

What more do you people need?

Little hooks and clues about things that they can autist over.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I think he's the perfect arch for Conjectural Tech. Season 4 hinted at how frivolous Pete and Billy are when they get a chunk of money. St. Cloud is what they would be if they had unlimited funds and no ethics.

Billy would buy all that stuff and put it in a museum for everyone to enjoy. :colbert:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

tacyak posted:

I don't really hear the Hank in his voice. I think it's a great fit for his character. Maybe I'm just weird. :shrug::

Not weird, neurotypical.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Maybe L Ron is secretly Ghost Robot's father.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ithaqua posted:

Have you ever seen a mustache before?

[edit]
or cheekbones?

Depends. What television show/bideo game features either of these?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Sereri posted:

Not going to happen for me. He opens his mouth and all I hear is "I am Hank doing an upper class impression"

Would you say its "jarring"?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Republicanus posted:

I just realized, while watching season 1 again for the first time in a couple years, that Baron Unterbeit was a freshman when he had his jaw blown off.

Which means that as a 3rd to 4th year student, Rusty was still taking freshman chemistry because he was Unterbeit's lab partner. Kinda subtle way to indicate how sucky Doc was at science.

It really keeps with the theme of failure.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Code name: Pussyface

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shoreleave and Al :3:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lintwhite posted:

I could not stop shaking during this episode. I haven't had a physical reaction like that to an episode since Operation P.R.O.M. Please tell me I wasn't the only one.

You need to go outside more.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm confused because I thought Orpheus was privy to the key flashback and knew who Dermott's father was.

Or did he go through a cycle in the washing machine too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shoreleave

:colbert:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I laughed pretty hard when Doc called for help after the jeep accident. Hatred's delivery was perfect.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

I could have sworn Manotaur wasn't even part of the Guild, but one of the other evil organizations, the Fraternity of Torment.

According to an in-show pie chart, the FoT and Guild are completely separate entities.

With that being said, it's possible that Limb truly didn't recognize who Manotaur really was as he wasn't Guild and only really knew him as a name from an unaffiliated organization. Manotaur wasn't someone he could exert his Guild authority or connections to instantly strike back at or do more than just burn the name 'Manotaur' into his memories.

Couple that with Dr. G's career of working with various folks in the supervillain world, making him eventually see Manotaur as the man who stole her and offended him then and Monarch just as the man she was currently Number Twoing for in the here and now.

You're over-thinking this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I feel like Maybe Man and Radical Left didn't get all the love they deserved.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Holy poo poo so many laughs.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

And you Moon. You're coming out!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Everything about this episode. Holy poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

"He always said he'd have the last laugh."
"He was always wrong!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh holy poo poo he might be.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's no way that Doc Venture is all the way dead. If they really wanted to kill him off they'd make it more gruesome to really ram it in.

(also 24 is totally still alive in some weird way because one of Monstroso's henchmen recognized him :v:)

Monstroso's henchman used to hench for the Monarch.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Because the joke was the same. First you think the guy was totally fooled, then it turns out he picked up every little detail at the same level the audience did, and that's what's funny. "That was a shaved Bigfoot and Steve Summers in a wig. Made out of shaved Bigfoot."

Would you call the experience jarring?

If so I'm sorry you were impacted by a joke repeated 9 years later.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

H Jon Benjamin apparently has range and can do different voices. He apparently did a read for something (Archer?) with a British accent and the producers were just yeah use your normal voice.

The funny thing is that it works

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

IveMadeSnacks posted:

I love that the Revenge Society was watching everything like it was an episode of Game of Thrones.

I like to think they just watched the same episode we just did.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

The best part is the funeral music. Mother of god, I really can't stop laughing at the music.

Also

Too soon!

and

He always said he'd get the last laugh.
He was always wrong!

This episode started strong and just kept going.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Rewatching season 2. Victor Echo November is pretty awesome.

Also love how they beat around the Billy/Limb origin story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I just realized that Galacticon has Galactus' colors.

I keep hoping that a cameo from the Tick and Arthur's voice actors will pop in in the show.

Ummm...