Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He hasn't gotten the brainwave to start recruiting yet. He's still in 'useful cog'/henchman mode.

Knowing Gary, though - he'd probably recruit at local Ren Faires and comic conventions. I can see it now:

"Dude, who smells like poo poo?" *sniffs everybody* "You! Recruit Roose Bolton, why do you smell like poo poo?"

"My mom hasn't done my laundry this week, sir!"

"Y...*facepalms*...UNACCEPTABLE! From now on you're to be known as Recruit Reek!"

In retrospect, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It also calls back to the two best-known super-soldier programs: the government-led Super-Soldier Program that created Captain America, and the Weapon X program that upgraded Wolverine.

For what it's worth, Weapon X was just one of (thousands?) of attempts of recreating the Super-Soldier program so it might as well be one and the same.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Something that's been bugging me : when cornered by the abominations at the end, Doc says that Venturestein was once a henchman to two people in butterfly costumes. I see the Monarch, but who's the other one?

The Monarch and The Monarch.

He was two henchmen.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

For some reason (blaming Verizon) Adult Swim is currently in the middle of a Family Guy episode instead of playing VB.

I'm pissed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Wearing my Hank Co. shirt today.

Hate having white tshirts. It'll get ruined after like, three wears and demoted to undershirt. But it's such a cool shirt :(

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hey other shirt club peeps. Should I have received my bonus shirt yet? I've received Paleomon, URGH, Hank Co, and Destiny, but not the shirt club EXTRA COLOR one.

Or does that come at the end or what's the deal there?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Haven't been keeping up with the thread...but anyone else in the US not get all their shirts? The last one I got was the Council of 13 shirt. I got it on the 5th of August, and no shirts or emails since then.

There should be 2 more, right? The Henchman one that's like what Gary/24 had, and the bonus "TECHNICOLOR" one?

I'm the exact same boat, but they've been slow all around so I'm not exactly worried.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Ithaqua posted:

Whenever a discussion of cloning comes up, it always reminds me of this old cartoon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc

I saw this cartoon late at night on Cartoon Network (O, Canada) when I was like, 9 years old maybe, and I like to think that this alone is responsible for all the anxiety and depression I suffered as a teenager.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

:stare: Jesus Christ, the humor in this is pitch black for what appears to be a short for children. She effectively commits suicide by teleporter so her clone can live guilt-free!

My understanding is that O, Canada was like What A Cartoon in that it was animation students final projects. Also it aired at like 1am or something so as to not air it for kids

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Republican Vampire posted:

If you like that stuff, you should check out the Hothouse series. The NFB did (I'm pretty sure 2012 was the last year because TORY HATE ARTS FUNDING TORY WANT REVENGE) a series of annual internship programs where aspiring animators were supported through the process of doing shorts. Some are really weird or cool. There's this great one from like, series two where a guy drinks in a bar during a storm and the icecube in his drink melts in real time throughout the short.

Family Guy exists only because of What A Cartoon, and Adventure Time (and arguably Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Problem Solverz, Bravest Warriors, Bee and Puppycat, others that I'm forgetting) from Nickelodeon's equivalent, so I think it's kind of a shame that there's not any shows like that on the air anymore that just show like, student films/indie cartoons/etc

Or maybe the age of the internet has made them irrelevant, I dunno.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

notZaar posted:

I'm too old to wear ironic cotton Ts and it's too expensive anyways, but gently caress it I'm doing shirt club this year.

I think the only shirt I wear out of the last batch is Shallow Gravy

I'd wear the HankCo shirt if it weren't on white.

But hell time to roll the dice on another batch of shirts that I'll keep telling myself will some day be a quilt

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Brrrrrick Frog!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Eat the pennies

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I forgot to sign up for the shirt club and I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dr Mrs The Monarch Sovereign is obviously Talia Al'ghul

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I really really like the Hank one. Want that on my wall.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Man I've been to the Andy Warhol museum like two dozen times and been to film premieres and cocktail parties and poo poo there

This episode loving spoke to me, man

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

If you think of it as a half season it feels a lot better.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I was at NYCC this weekend and tried to get a photo of this group of Venture Bros cosplayers but Doc Venture had already walked off behind the bar

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I just found out that the little indent in the side of a masonry brick is called a frog

Brick Frog is a play on words

loving hell, man.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Snagged a Venture Industries and a Dean!

Was torn on 24, thought I probably wouldn't end up wearing it much, decided against it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

It's a pun on Warsaw Ghetto, guys

.... SON OF A BITCH

This is how I felt when I figured out Brick Frog. Just loving angry that someone made a joke that loving clever.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

As is always the case, New York Comic Con is coming up in a week and I've got no ideas for costumes, despite compiling a list for the full year*, and I decide that maybe I'll go against that moral code and recycle a costume for once

Then I had a few glasses of scotch and here we are

So uhhhhhhh I guess this is happening?

* just after NYCC last year I came up with the idea of dressing as Brrrrrick Frog but given the current political environment I really really don't want people thinking I'm a nazi dressed as Pepe

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This is our crime robot, we call him CrimeroBot

I've programmed him to only think about crimes!

He's obsessed with it!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

NYCC Venture Cosplay, Friday

(I forgot to hem my shorts and totally looked the fool)

I broke the slide that lets me retract and extend my wrist blade about four second before that last photo so we'll see how well that holds up tomorrow.

Theoretically, I'm meeting up with a Dr Mrs and a Brrrrrick Frog tomorrow

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The first, shittier Blue Morpho approached me from behind and in a spot-on Monarch voice, says "21?! What the hell, I thought we were doing the Blue Morpho and Kano thing today!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dry day on Venture Bros as far as I could tell

These loving guys are the best. The Dr Mrs did the Jackie O costume, the monarch costume, and the guild costume over the three days

This doesn't really count but I met the loving Sovereign!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

Hey gary did you meet a D,von Dudley?

Sure did

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Eat the pennies, Quizboy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Brock and HELPeR arguing about Zeppelin might be my favorite bit from the whole series

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Brrrrrrick frog!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Oh my god I just got, right now, looking through those sketches

That monarchs eyebrows/goatee are supposed to be antennae and a proboscis

poo poo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Would you just eat the freakin pennies already

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It’s me

I am the guy who liked 12 oz Mouse

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Because, my friend, I hate myself

a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjvwQKhcidw

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I just don't really like episodes about Billy or St. Cloud.

Eat the drat pennies already

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

deong posted:

We've only gotta wait till the 19th now.... God drat leaks and my impatientness.

That's not very Hank of you

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I think Blue Morpho is both Malcolm and Rusty's biological father (Rusty from the swing party) and his trouble conceiving was a red herring.

That kinda precludes JJ though

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hibbloes posted:

OH does anyone have a good read on what venturion said before kano snapped him? it sounded like "problem solved" to me, indicating he was just about to stop strangling rusty and was figuring out who he was, but the line didn't show up in my catptioned episode.

He said “get the clones”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

X_Toad posted:

OK, I just realized something : why is Dean wearing what seems to be a suit jacket over a hoodie?

I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND FASHION

THE drat KIDS
THESE DAYS

wearing a blazer over casual clothes was super in vogue in like, 2008

So uh

yeah, Dean's 10 years out of touch there