Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This show :allears:
I've been watching it since it first showed up on Adult Swim and I remember actually being a little shocked at the end of season one. It's hard to believe this show started back in 2004. I've watched the entire series a few times and I binged through season 4 about a month ago to refresh my memory. I am completely ready for more episodes.

Ghosts of the Sargasso is actually one of the episodes I use to introduce people to the show. "Are you there God? It's me, Dean" is another good introduction. The characters are a bit more fleshed out than they are during the first few episodes. Especially Brock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Assoonasitits posted:

This may sound stupid and/ or obvious, but Dia de los Dangerous! is a pretty good starting point. It's where I started, at least. That and the unaired pilot.

Same for me, but it doesn't really show the characters as well as the later season 1 episodes. I always use Ghost of the Sargasso or "Are you there God? It's me, Dean." as introductions.

"Are you there God? It's me, Dean." has the benefits of including the Monarch and showcasing the absolutely stupid codes the heroes and villians in that world have to deal with. Plus, balls are funny.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Eltingville was awful.

Now Korgoth of Barbaria on the other hand...

Edit: For the uninitiated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxMiZxN-F0

It really is a shame this wasn't picked up. But who knows, maybe the humor would've become a bit too one-note when expanded into a full series. Or it would've been a crazy, heavy metal version of Samurai Jack.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just caught up with the premiere and holy poo poo this was an amazing episode. I'm glad they went with an insane super science plotline and they used the time well. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.