Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Renzuko posted:

Why does Sargent hatred have breasts?

Also, I thought that dean got over triana, why is there still the heart line on that chart.

At the end of season 4 he did try to win her back. Hell her dad was like you got to let her go and she'll be truly happy. And he said gently caress you. Not to mention, Halloween episode, Hank sees that something is troubling Dean. He's probably still pretty heartbroken over Triana.

But who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bobkatt013 posted:

Was that before or after Dean discovers he is a clone?

Before. When Derimott asks if Dean is brave or stupid for going into the Haunted House and Hank goes I think he just wants to be alone.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's Pine Box Rock Shop in Bushwick and I want to get the Suffering Bastard next time.

BARKEEP where's my Suffering Bastard?!

I'M LOOKING AT HIM.

OH haha.

If the bartender ever says that kudos points to that person.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Giant Boy Detective posted:

What's the preferred method for those without Cartoon Network to watch the new season? During either season 3 or 4, I was able to watch the new episodes on Cartoon Network's site 24 hours after it aired on TV. Are they still doing this? Even if it was like a week after the episode aired, I'd still be okay with it.

I think Adult swim does that still. When Black Dynamite was aired, it was after 24 hours. Also considering how huge and popular VB is it would be really stupid of them discontinue.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You mean Season 4's final with Like a Friend by Pulp? That song is basically about a guy meeting his crush and lamenting the choices of being with her. In this case it's Brock and Cocktease. In that scene Brock is basically tired of chasing Cocktease. Cocktease also has Brock's friends as hostages. Cocktease dying basically has Brock move on. The song works because it's basicaly the person recollecting the good memories.

And let's face it, don't lie you were holding your breath that Brock might of come late and might of found his friends dead.

It's basically why the song works because it hit the notes at the perfect spot.

It's why most fans say if VB was to end after Season 4, that would be the best place to do so.

edit: Or it could be that song really just fits. It goes well everywhere. Brock running back to the compound, the credits roll. It just worked perfectly.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jack Gladney posted:

There's also a really well-paced musical scene in the first episode of Season 2 featuring "Everybody's Free" by Aquagen that I thought fit the pace and the mood really, really well. It's a much more obscure song, though, and I one I don't think anybody really likes or cares about.

Haha. It's become sort of a thing for me and my friend. Anytime we watch VB, we start with Season 2. Thank you for reminding me the first musical scene they did. That was so great.

Yeah it was a bit obscure but it worked.

I enjoyed it so much because it played with the thought that Doc couldn't get over the boys. Nope, just him wanting time off.

Considering back then we didn't know if Dean and Hank were clones. It was pretty drat cool. The episode was so great because of the compilation of deaths between Hank and Dean. The best part is realizing how stupid most of their deaths were.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Gentlemen tonight is the night! Ah I can barely contain my excitement.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
In celebration of the premiere of Season 5, I'm drawing my favorite characters going from Sergeant Hatered, Doc, Dean,Hank, Brock, Shoreleave (SPINX!) and Hunters. Next day or so will be Monarch and the Revenge Society.

Hopefully I finish by tonite

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my god I was in stitches the whole goddamn time. I nearly lost at the sci fi line and all the loving star wars references.

VENTURE BROTHERS is back baby!

Glad to see Dean didn't went completely emo on us.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I caved in. gently caress it I"m getting all those shirts!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

The Piper posted:

how did Rusty wake up with a Spanish-Fly-Mutated whore in his bed? Did she just take longer to transform into a fly than the other whores?

This is Rusty we are talking about. We know he was probably desperate or didn't remember last time considering his reaction. I really enjoyed the whole episode because of things like bringing a one off character who, what only appearance was in Tag Sale? And he worked perfectly. Billy having an arch nemesis was so cool. What amazes me is Billy and White are far more better scientists than Rusty. While ok, yeah Billy does more of the work it's funny to see that they are far more competent than Rusty. Rusty basically didn't do poo poo other than provide avoid a huge lawsuit from these students. I mean I'm pretty sure at least 10 or more died under him (the green students :smith: ).

It was also great to see Gary being competent on his own. I do admit I wish he was able to join OSI, but I'm enjoying the idea that Gary being a good guy without needing a faction.(ok technically he's with Sphinx.) The Monarch's chemistry was so great because of no matter how many times Gary is telling him that he's not working under him and every action makes Monarch believe he's still working for him was hilarious.

And while I still think Rusty is a horrible selfish person, it did warm my heart a little that he let Dean and Hank have their own rooms and was ok with them burning up the bed.

I do miss Brock and Shoreleave thought. :smith:

With Brock back in OSI, and probably a new assignment, he really doesn't have a reason to stick around in the compound but I"m just probably being a negative nancy about it.

Overall loved the premiere and I have watched it at least five times now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Such a one track mind Dean.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Woo finally done. Yes I know Brock/Shoreleave/Hunters aren't wearing the uniforms anymore but gently caress it. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
2nding the montage music, I always wanted to get that drat song. It plays low key so you never hear the lyrics fully. This goes up with getting the Byron Oprehus theme without him talking.

Best nerd gift idea? Get the Think Geek music sounding shirt and putting that theme. Why? Because I have a friend named Byron who is also a huge fan of VB.

Nice Jump there Gary.

This sucks. Yeah Didn't go as planned did it?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 4, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's that guy's only voice, he does other shows and you can always tell its him because they all sound exactly the same as master shake. He may also be mark levin but that's unconfirmed for now.

Funny you say that. He's pretty much the case of voice type casted. I think it was season 3 where the alchemists first appears. Doc said something along the lines of seeing Synder being so excited and asking what type of voice they wanted. They literally said just do your Master Shake voice in their dvd commentary.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's not an hour long like the premiere, though. :smith:

Hey at least Venture Brothers is back. :unsmith:

Even if it's just for a short while.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahah oh my god, that was another great episode. And what's wrong with the Ventures being competent? Considering they only have one life I rather see them grow. The show isn't about failure no matter how people keep harping about it. Seeing Hank becoming the Bat was great. Hahaha I enjoyed seeing the return of Venturestein. I admit I was a bit worried that he was going to be killed off but I"m glad.

Rusty is good at reviving the dead it seems, I guess he's actually good at something for once.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FutonForensic posted:

Holy poo poo. Is Venturestein built from the remains of henchman 24? Doc said he built him from one of Monarch's henchman and the batman masked showed he was a nerd.

No, he's not at all. Did you never watch the previous seasons? He was in season 2. He's basically some unnamed henchmen. It was a pretty cool introduction to him because of the POV of a henchmen was great.

Seeing the bodies/corpses and Brock coming in for the kill.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I did this in the last thread, but this my favorite of all time.

Hank: I am the Bat!

Dr. Venture: Yes, yes. You're The Bat! And The Bat is the reason why we didn't take Best Group Costume... again! Last year, it was Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and The Bat! Oh, and how about the time we were the hard-rocking quartet of Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, and The Bat?!?

Hank: The night is mine

And of course

Hank: Ow!
Dean: What's the matter?
Hank: My tongue keeps getting caught in the mouth slit.
Dean: Don't stick it in the slit then.
Hank: I can't help it! It's maddening.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 13, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Working on the Bat this time. Should be fun to finish.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Another favorite and why Monarch is probably one of the best characters in the show.

The Monarch: I had true hatred with Venture. I didn’t have to fake it! That sweet loathing just poured out of me whenever I saw his pathetic face. I just…I just wanted to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build a machine to kick his rear end!

I wanted to build an empire to house the machine TO KICK HIS rear end!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jerusalem posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there weren't any more clones? So this really is it for Hank and Dean, they either make it or they don't.

Pretty much. There aren't any more clones whatsoever. And all the cloning tubes were destroyed in Season 4 so yeah Rusty can't use those either.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Finished up Hank as the Bat. That was fun.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

GD_American posted:

yeah if they're not laughing at all this OMG THEY'RE BROTHERS stupidity then I don't know what.

Have they ever been that lazy and hack-ish?

We are talkin about two guys who love to gently caress with the nerds and spergs. That one episode girl who I don't care to remember her name. They wrote her off. The orb which ended up not working and was destroyed. I really doubt they are going to say omg brothers angle. They aren't going to explain why Monarch hates Rusty because it defeats their point. People get obsessive over dumb rear end small details and those two poke fun at people who do.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ghost Hat posted:

The episode was so good, it made me not hate Dermott anymore.

How can that be.

Honestly for me, Dermott is that one guy in the group everyone has. The one guy who bullshits about everything he does but he likes to kick it. I used to think he was annoying but well considering how much he interacts with Hank it's been pretty good.

The fact that he's sort of the older brother of the group is pretty funny.

I actually like Dean the way he is. Going against his father. I mean Rusty is an rear end in a top hat. Hell we saw in season 4 he was trying to make Dean a super scientist, just like his dad. We clearly see Dean didn't want to do that at all. Besides there is still some cracks of Dean being optimistic. Especially what he told Hank.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode. Glad to see Dr. O made an appearance.

Never thought I would see Mommy again. I do give kudos to Rusty for at least coming clean that isn't their mom. Minus kudos for telling them he needed his daycare as well. The Cuckoo homage had me laughing really hard, much more so because it's the same exact guy who was interviewed by the Revenge Society.

I guess tip toeing all the drat time made him a nutso. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 8, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still have yet to receive even my first shirt. :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Best part is when everyone is trying to figure out what is causing Doc to act like this and then Dean says: Daddy is it something Hank did?

Dude don't drag me under this bus.

And then when Dr. O is holding Rusty's hand:

Dr. O: When my pumpkin went away I too suffered the grim cloud of listeness, but our duty is to-
Mr. Venture is not suicidal.

Shoreleave: Oh really? Then why his he trying to hang himself with your tie.

Dr. O: Because Mr.Venture is POSSESSED!!!

God I love Dr. O so much.

And then when they are going to do the ritual I love how Shoreleave, Hank and Dean think it's going to be like the exorcist.

Then this:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I still don't understand how Dean came to be the heir to guild of calamitous intent, but that's mainly me not paying enough attention and instead enjoying the gags in that episode. LADY NIGHTSHADE.

Dean's great grandpa or whatever was the head of the original guild of calamitous intent. I know I know, Rusty but eh.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Protagorean posted:

But Hank and Dean are twins, and Hank is clearly the superior of the two. Why wasn't he Sovereign for a day? :colbert:

Knowing Hank, he would think it isn't Batman enough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Djarum posted:

Got my URGH shirt just now. I am so glad I got the shirt club.

Same here. I got it today. Yay! :neckbeard:

Weird how my 2nd episode shirt shows up before my 1st episode shirt. Oh well just glad to finally have it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Scott Bakula posted:

Actually its Jefferson Twilight. Every line is gold.

I just love how he always censors himself.

You just saved my a... situation.

Also best part is when he learns he has magic and the Alchemists says that they will never hear the end of this.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo what a great episode. I knew Dr Z was one of them. It is pretty great to see most of the guild members.

Also there is no way in hell Rusty died but it probably messed him up pretty badly.

No way would Monarch would want Rusty to die like that. He would want him to die by his HANDS.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

KilGrey posted:

Nah, they could have just grabbed him coming out of the restaurant if that's what the plan was. They just wanted to get him talking about his "co-workers", name them if possible. And I thought GhostRobot was killed in the Every Which Way but Zeus episode.

Also, what was Vandata/Major Tom saying at the end that's making you guys think he's Major Tom and The Monarch's father? I couldn't understand him. :(

Basically where is my wife and the plane going doooooown.

Though the creators could be trolling us.

Also pretty sure the finale is one hour.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I just love how they can use all these Hanna-Barbera references.

Its so loving great.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gorilla Salad posted:

Does anyone have any good screencaps of Vendata's hovercar thing?

TOO soon!

I do enjoy that the Wrassle father was unfazed by Clue Clown popping out of the coffin.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 16, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Leospeare posted:

As dead as any comic book character with easy access to Lazarus Pits can be.

Pretty much this. Comic book deaths are a drat joke.

At least Venture Brothers keeps characters dead.

If they aren't a robot. :v: or Venturestein.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

SlothfulCobra posted:

Or clones, or friends of a necromancer, or Phantom Limb, or Colonel Gentleman :v:.

Hey! That was a diabetic coma. :colbert:

I would say Ghost Robot but it never did seem like he was killed.

Install are you mistaking it when he talked to 24 when they were both henchmen for the Phantom Limb?

He did say he was basically waiting for a fund to transfer and he would do it full time.

You might also be thinking of the first season when he said that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcozzl9wAOI

Yeah, you might mean this one.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 17, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
At least Dr.Z tried to hide his anonymity.

But to be fair, his head silhouette pretty much gave it away.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: Pretty much what the goon below is saying.

RedMantle thinks Soverign's old rules are just dumb.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite part is how Baron Underbite aims for St Clouds rear end and then does a simple kick. All started because of Monarch.

Such a great episode.

COME on he's into DEPECHE MODE