Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

While watching "Tag sale, you're it" again last night, I noticed how much you can hear the water in Billys head whenever he moves. At least in that episode, pretty sure they stopped adding that effect later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

^^ Ghosts of Sargasso is probably a better choice though, seeing as it's actually in season 1.

Umph posted:

A lot of my friends haven't seen the show, what's a good episode to introduce them to the show on? I was thinking season 2 episode 2, hate floats. What are your guys's favorite episodes for 'number of laughs'?

I like to use "Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II" It's a really continuity light episode that introduces each of the characters well.

"Oh, I thought you said "voile", I was gonna heat some up in the dryer"

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

rats off to ya posted:

How many eps will be in the new season?

In one of the interviews posted in the last thread I saw the words "10 episode season". Which is kind of disappointing. Even with the intro episode being an hour and counting the Halloween episode, it's still shorter than the other seasons. That's the only place I've seen info though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

For me, waiting for seasons 3-5 haven't been nearly as nerve wracking as the first year after season 1 finished. Not knowing if it was coming back, and thinking that one of my favorite new shows could end on that kind of cliffhanger was crazy.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Croisquessein posted:

Shirt club makes me so happy and it's the first non-essential I've seriously thought about spending $165 on in a long time. Please let there be a Torrid shirt.

Now if there isn't one I'm going to be sad.

I found out about the last shirt club a week after it ended, so I got the full subscription this time. That extra one you get only if you subscribe I will always think of as my $165 t-shirt.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Doc and Jackson had a short interview with Wired that had this tidbit:

Wired Interview posted:

Wired: Were there any surprises the last time you had a Shirt Club?
Doc Hammer: Well, last time I was surprised that no one wanted a Billy [Quizboy] shirt.
Jackson Publick: I was not surprised.
Doc Hammer: I love Billy Quizboy, and I thought that a Quizboy shirt would be a big seller! A purple shirt that says Quizboy should be a thing that everybody wants, but it is not true.
Wired: Are we now going to see stacks of those shirts in the trailer where Billy and Pete White live?
Jackson Publick: Oh, God, right? That’s probably a good idea, actually.
Doc Hammer: Yeah, Billy would have printed his own shirts that he thought there’d be a market for.
Doc Hammer (in the voice of Billy): I made Quizboy shirts!
Jackson Publick (in the voice of White): Billy, those are never gonna sell.
Doc Hammer (in the voice of Billy): They will sell! Everybody wants a Quizboy shirt!
Jackson Publick (in the voice of White): What is that, an eggplant ringer? Come on.
Doc Hammer (in the voice of Billy): I wear a ladies small.
Jackson Publick (in the voice of White): It’s pink!
Doc Hammer (as Billy): It’s eggplant!

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

^^^ That is excellent.

incorporeal posted:

So if you paid for all the shirts upfront you get both shirts from this episode?

Yes! It says "This shirt is included with a Venture Bros Shirt Club subscription." under the description of both shirts. I'm excited!

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I saw "“Venture Libre” Episode Now Available for Download!" on twitter and was going to post it here, but its just for the payed download links on XBL, Amazon, and iTunes. If you're desperate though it's only $2.99 (and US only).

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

So rewatching the episode I noticed that in Hatred's flashback the stuff they were injecting him with was called "Soldier X", after which he breaks his restraints and runs for Treister's son. I'm thinking we may get Hatred dreams throughout the season, like Docs in season 1. A botched super soldier experiment would be the Venture universe generic reason for turning evil. ("What is it with you dicks? The minute an experiment messes up you sell yourself a pair of tight pajamas and become a professional pain in my rear end!")

Also, holy crap, I didn't notice the oompa loompas with face camo before.

Delaio fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 12, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I made a gif of it just a few weeks ago:

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Pinstripes & Poltergeists still blows my mind every time I watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ersybqjUK8A

SPHINX!

And don't forget the followup! Man, I gotta gif that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJJ7AopOjk4

Delaio fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 13, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ha, I love that they brought back the plot point that Doc is fooled by a fuckin' Teddy Ruxpin bear. And am I wrong, or are Hank and Dermont wearing their Shallow Gravy outfits? Is the band back together?!

Edit: I'm a bad person, because I've never actually seen the Shallow Gravy special...is it online for free anywhere? I only saw it on Amazon Video for a couple bucks...I'm not made of bucks!

Wait! Do they accept Hank Buck?! I have a couple of those! :haw:

I laughed when I saw the disclaimer on the Hank Bucks: "This note is fake Hank tender and can be used only where fake money has value"

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

That was easily the best one so far in my opinion.

I'm getting a little worried that I haven't gotten shipping confirmation for my U.R.G.H. shirt yet, even though other peoples have already arrived. Any other club subscribers in the same boat?

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Djarum posted:

I just got my shipping confirmation tonight. I am not sure why it is taking so long to ship some people's shirts when others already have them. I know it is probably a 4 person operation but I can't imagine they have that many subscribers let alone orders.

Well it's a relief to know it's not just me, thanks.

Wondering about the number of subscribers led me to dig up this tweet:

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

priznat posted:

I loved how the disguised Ghost Robot was fascinated by his fingers/thumb, hilarious. GR is awesome.

Fingers... fingers...

That really made me laugh too.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Poque posted:

They accidentally sent me two copies of the OSI shirt :getin:

That's awesome, did you get two Hank Bucks as well?

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Got my Council of 13 shirt today!

The lettering and the "C13" are chrome/silver and shine like glitter in the right light.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Cloks posted:

I got my OSI shirt yesterday and it's pretty great. The fabric is a little thin but it's a cotton-polyester-rayon blend so it'll probably hold up to wear well. Honestly, if I had realized that these were going to be semi-exercise shirts I might've gotten the subscription because I have fewer qualms about what I wear when I'm running.

The OSI shirt is thinner compared to the others they've sent out.

Yup, just checked my Hank-Co shirt and it's 100% combed cotton.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I got the shipping info for the Calamity Conference shirt about two days ago, so they're still chugging along.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Aw yeah, got my last 2 shirts in the mail today.

I decided to get all most of my venture bros merchandise in one place, and holy god drat, I've never owned this much stuff from one show.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Ror posted:

Man, they really need to make action figures of everything from this show. Underbheit, HELPER, Plugface, Walking Eye, Phineas Phage... every single character is just so wonderfully unique, it would blow a lineup of GI Joes out of the water. And of course you would need all the vehicles, from the boys' hover bikes to the giant Sphinx ship. Will mom and dad splurge and get you the Spider-Skull Island or Gargantua Two playsets?

I would sit on my floor and shamelessly smash them together making my own sound effects like an 8-year-old.

They have way more stuff now. I bought my Brock Action figure, which apparently they don't sell anymore (they sell a better version), awhile ago. I would love a Deaths Head Panoply, or a Killinger, or Shore Leave, or Jefferson... or any of them- drat it you're right.

That color changing pint glass is pretty sweet too.

Delaio fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 23, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I want Steppenwolf and his Hhwhacky Racers car!

Ooh and an RC Mighty Monarch's® Flying Cocoon® with real acid magnet action!

gently caress you for linking that, now I have to spend all my money. I love you :glomp:

edit: spoke too soon, shipping for two bobble heads and a travel mug is $43, loving hell, no way

Aw man, that sucks. I felt like the shipping was a little stiff for me and it's only $7-10 no matter how many items I pick.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Man, I could watch this gif all day.

On a side note I get to watch a bunch of venture bros tonight with someone who just started last night. I love watching this show with people who've never seen it before.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hideo Kojima tweeted this photo of some people he was working with right outside the recording studio:

Tweet

That guy in the middle is totally wearing a Calamity Conference t-shirt. Regardless of what role this guy has in it, I now have utter faith in MGS5... like I wasn't going to buy the hell out of it anyway.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Awesome, it's good to have an estimate so soon. And we get the DVDs for season 5 in March, can't wait for all the extras.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

People complained about how they never talked about the show on the commentaries, but I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Is there any release date for season 5?

Season 5 DVD comes out in March.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

The artbook lives, with a release date of November 4, 2016.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Venture-Brothers-Christopher-McCullough/dp/161655441X

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

"What if he's lying?"

"Oh, if he were telling the truth, that would be better?"

Also, "SOMEONE LEFT A BABY"

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Nope.

My wife and I sometimes banter in Sergeant-Hatred-speak. And anytime one of us mentions that something is big, it's always followed by, "I'm a big BOY!"

"I'm gonna say it again, LUSH"

Every time I see a well maintained yard this goes through my head.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Venture brothers merch is on sale at entertainment earth

I've never been one for any kind of plastic figurine, but now I own the whole venture family plus a couple. I really wish the alchemist was just a Spock doll with a bald spot though.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

The moment Brock crashes his car into the cocoon in episode 1 was the moment for me. It's a great episode 1.

"They hit me with a truck."

"Thank you for your very generous- crap, pesos. All these zeros are meaningless."

"Chupacabra, they're all over this part of Mexico."

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hell yes, time to update my tshirt wardrobe.

That week is gonna be awesome. Venture bros on the 31st, followed by seeing David Cross live on the 5th.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

ultramiraculous posted:

I think they were American Apparel last time? If so, runs small, pretty tapered?

"All Venture Bros. Shirt Club shirts are printed on stylishly fitted, Bella+Canvas® brand t-shirts"

I checked the sizing charts and they're the same as AA though, at least for mens.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Just bought season 6 HD on Amazon and you can watch episode one now. Gonna start it up in about 15 minutes when my girlfriend gets home.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hey cool, a gif I made!

feedmyleg posted:

Did the option to watch it only show up after you purchased the entire season? All I'm seeing is

before purchase - just looks like previews. And I'm not sure why a 5 minute preview is $2.99?
Yes, I see this:

Also, the fact that you can buy the preview is hilarious.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Oh snap. Never purchased a season pass on Amazon, any chance they'll put up every episode earlier day-of, or is there no precedent for that?

Not sure, this is the first time I've bought anything on Amazon video.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Excited to see the t-shirt for this episode.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

null posted:

Is it a time zone thing? For the people that watched the episode on Amazon already, are any of you in the EST time zone?

I'm west coast usa. A local friend of mine who bought it last week also has access.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

My girlfriend thinks gill girl is going to end up being wide whales daughter or other close relation. Definitely think she's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Man, I figured I'd be able to watch this when I got home from work today, but nope. Jesus, 15 hours late, thanks amazon.